English Premier League.

maroonlegions

Pasquale for King
3 hours ago, Jambo-Fox said:

Some would say it’s the best league in the world! And it’s hard to argue against that If the best players in the world play in it!

What best players in the world in their particular positions play there? Ronaldo/ Van Dijk/De Bruyne I would say. France, Germany, Italy and Spain still have a lot of the best players in the world. 

• Replies 13.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Tazio

• Maroon Sailor

• neilnunb

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

8 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Football is ****ed. 

I hate it at the top level now. 

We've had season tickets at Crystal Palace for years. Up until this season in the form of a card to gain access to the Stadium. This season, in their wisdom, the club have introduced a 'digital' season ticket which you download from the club website on your smartphone to your Apple Wallet or Google Pay.

Of course, the system wasn't ready for the first game so they issued e-tickets for that game. Second game is against Spurs on Saturday. As of yesterday, I hadn't heard anything. I only found out via Twitter that the digital ticket was available and what to do. Eventually the club issued an announcement on their website yesterday evening (with no apologies).

Loads of supporters saying they have elderly and younger relatives who don't have smartphones and can't download the ticket. And the club announced yesterday they are going back to cards for Under-16s and will be issuing those over the coming days.

Complete and utter shambles. Palace saying all EPL clubs following this route this season - interested to know if this is the case. And of course, I and others will be getting to the ground early to make sure we get in - and so will be spending money on beer and food in the stadium. In the end, as has been said by others, all about money.

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, EagleJambo said:

We've had season tickets at Crystal Palace for years. Up until this season in the form of a card to gain access to the Stadium. This season, in their wisdom, the club have introduced a 'digital' season ticket which you download from the club website on your smartphone to your Apple Wallet or Google Pay.

Of course, the system wasn't ready for the first game so they issued e-tickets for that game. Second game is against Spurs on Saturday. As of yesterday, I hadn't heard anything. I only found out via Twitter that the digital ticket was available and what to do. Eventually the club issued an announcement on their website yesterday evening (with no apologies).

Loads of supporters saying they have elderly and younger relatives who don't have smartphones and can't download the ticket. And the club announced yesterday they are going back to cards for Under-16s and will be issuing those over the coming days.

Complete and utter shambles. Palace saying all EPL clubs following this route this season - interested to know if this is the case. And of course, I and others will be getting to the ground early to make sure we get in - and so will be spending money on beer and food in the stadium. In the end, as has been said by others, all about money.

Sounds a hassle. 

Good luck to whoever you are playing. 

Folk bang on about the quality, but is it any more exciting or better than the 70's, 80's and early 90's? 

Just seems bloated and the finances have screwed most clubs in England and the other top leagues as they try to compete. 

Fans are an after thought- imo it won't be long before sky schedule kickoff  times to suit the Asian and American TV markets. 

I'd say 3 years. 

I really enjoy it but the threat of it becoming a top 3 is an issue. Nobody in their right mind would watch Scottish football outside of fans of the club's because:

1. Its awful quality

2. (And maybe more importantly) you know with certainty one of two teams will win it and recently that's been one of one until last year 

He also references what we've seen in Scotland too, the rest doing financial harm to themselves to try and keep up. 

I don't have an issue with the prize money or how it's distributed. If anything it's too evenly shared.

If the bubble doesn't pop, I'm not sure what the issue is really. It's as, if not more competitive than any other top league in the world.

5 hours ago, EagleJambo said:

Same at City.

Shambles for some but working OK on mine so far.Seems like android works better than iPhone.

City's main problem is customer services.Terrible to phone up and getting answers.

30 minutes ago, benny said:

Same at City.

Shambles for some but working OK on mine so far.Seems like android works better than iPhone.

City's main problem is customer services.Terrible to phone up and getting answers.

Lots of parallels here. Been speaking this morning to a friend whose daughter works in the Palace ticket office. Apparently over 100 people in phone line queue today and queues of people lining up outside ticket office at stadium. Customer service at its best....

17 minutes ago, EagleJambo said:

Lots of parallels here. Been speaking this morning to a friend whose daughter works in the Palace ticket office. Apparently over 100 people in phone line queue today and queues of people lining up outside ticket office at stadium. Customer service at its best....

Cup tickets could affect you at some point.

City's is a shambles for everybody at this moment.

Folk trying to get answers and the queueing system on phones not helping.

Quite a few have gave up and not going.

Despite good prices looks like all attendances in cup matches are going to be down by quite a lot.

Looks like it is going to be a nightmare for non season ticket holders this season.

Paper tickets for away supporters which makes you wonder why it was introduced.

Seymour M Hersh
7 hours ago, EagleJambo said:

Introduced the smartphone ticket at Anfield this season as well. Had some major issues for the first two games (luckily friendlies) but have appeared to get it sorted (mostly) for the league season. My mate said there were no problems for most at the Burnley and Chelsea games. 

14 minutes ago, the general said:

Not EPL but crowd at Brum v Derby seems really poor

Any boycotting or anything?

Have they not closed two stands for safety reasons?

On 10/09/2021 at 08:12, EagleJambo said:

Nothing better than paper ticket (even if it’s for Palace 😉)

2A31CC9C-E7C4-47A9-96C0-BF24E47E2628.jpeg

Moura and Reguillon (for 3 great blocks) get pass marks for Spurs. Other than moaning at the ref, Kane has been an invisible man. Should have stayed on strike 😂

A couple of weeks ago loads of pundits such as Jermaine Jenas were praising Tottenham highly. 

I suppose they can blame the international break.

Edited by Mikey1874

17 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

2-0 to palace, edouard scores on his debut

Hasn't looked that sharp for over 2 years

Edited by Mikey1874

9 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

2-0 to palace, edouard scores on his debut

edouard gets his second, celtic fans will be raging he was not doing that for them just before he left

Just now, milky_26 said:

edouard gets his second, celtic fans will be raging he was not doing that for them just before he left

I love the idea of those pr!cks being raging at Edouard, but it goes to show how much he downed tools and it's something Palace fans should be concerned about when and if a bigger club starts sniffing about him.

part_time_jambo
8 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Billy

Hasn't looked that sharp for over 2 years

Looks to have upped his work rate already. Probably because he didn't have to up here.

Have to say the atmosphere at Palace was and is terrific

Of course it has been well organised and watching fans with megaphones allowed inside the ground surprised me

A weakened Spurs side were never really in it but the stupidity of players just continues when you watch the sending off

On 10/09/2021 at 08:12, EagleJambo said:

It's the same at West Ham, much to the same reaction.

Edit: brilliant result today for palace. 

Edited by IronJambo

Has the old, past it, contender for the worlds best player scored yet ?

Just prior to half time he does and the life story continues for Ronaldo

You find out Newcastle are the first team you are to face and at home.............more than just anticipation, more an expectancy he would score

1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

Celtic fans?

The amount of space he had there is ridiculous, he's probably thinking this league is definitely over hyped lol

56 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

west ham have antionio sent off. he will be a big miss for those suspended games

Second yellow so a one match ban for the Man U match next Saturday. Unless it stands for the Europa League match against Zagreb on Thursday?

He's always going to be missed but there are a few that can cover the position now and there's more depth in midfield than there used to be for it not to have a knock on effect. Bowen for instance will run his arse off in that position and Vlasic could easily play out on the right.