Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Tazio

• Maroon Sailor

• neilnunb

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

13 minutes ago, IronJambo said:

Second yellow so a one match ban for the Man U match next Saturday. Unless it stands for the Europa League match against Zagreb on Thursday?

He's always going to be missed but there are a few that can cover the position now and there's more depth in midfield than there used to be for it not to have a knock on effect. Bowen for instance will run his arse off in that position and Vlasic could easily play out on the right.

Bowen was fantastic today. The rest of em were leggy as ****.

Lucky to get a point in the end. Vlasic looked like he’d been there for ages

1 hour ago, Jamhammer said:

Bowen was fantastic today. The rest of em were leggy as ****.

Lucky to get a point in the end. Vlasic looked like he’d been there for ages

I thought we could've done with Zouma in for Dawson as he's looked like he needs a rest. I'm struggling to see how he can make that change on Thursday now. I'm not feeling much excitement about Kral though. He could probably be a first team player in a lot of instances but not in front of Rice or Soucek. There's a chance he's there to soften it when Rice finally goes.

Edit: didn't see the game, or any football today as otherwise busy.

Edited by IronJambo

48 minutes ago, Taffin said:

What a player Lukaku has become. Deadly.

he is the reason i would have chelsea as favourites as they will be defensively solid and lukaku should help them get goals to win those games they would not last season

25 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

he is the reason i would have chelsea as favourites as they will be defensively solid and lukaku should help them get goals to win those games they would not last season

Absolutely, they'd have dropped points today last year or at the very least scraped it. Villa were good and it was never a 3-0 game but two chancesz two goals for Rom

3 hours ago, IronJambo said:

Second yellow so a one match ban for the Man U match next Saturday. Unless it stands for the Europa League match against Zagreb on Thursday?

He's always going to be missed but there are a few that can cover the position now and there's more depth in midfield than there used to be for it not to have a knock on effect. Bowen for instance will run his arse off in that position and Vlasic could easily play out on the right.

It will not effect European game(s), just domestic game(s).

Салатные палочки

The amount of people too busy reaching for their phones instead of celebrating Ronaldo's first goal :facepalm:

Live in the moment you bellends. Day-trip league. 

5 hours ago, IronJambo said:

I thought we could've done with Zouma in for Dawson as he's looked like he needs a rest. I'm struggling to see how he can make that change on Thursday now. I'm not feeling much excitement about Kral though. He could probably be a first team player in a lot of instances but not in front of Rice or Soucek. There's a chance he's there to soften it when Rice finally goes.

Edit: didn't see the game, or any football today as otherwise busy.

Soucek was dreadful. Obviously needs a break. Rice wasn’t much better but goalline clearance earned us a point.

Geoff Kilpatrick
4 hours ago, Salad Fingers said:

The amount of people too busy reaching for their phones instead of celebrating Ronaldo's first goal :facepalm:

Live in the moment you bellends. Day-trip league. 

Agreed. Plus half and half scarves, even among the Geordies, my personal bugbear.

I’m glad I’d popped to the kitchen there. I’m not sure what happened to young Elliott but Sky aren’t showing the replay of the tackle. Looks like a very bad injury. 

13 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

100 Premier league goals for Salah

Liverpool need the second but have been in control so far as the second half comes around

They have a second. Leeds down to ten men. Harvey Elliot off for Liverpool with a bad injury. Sky refusing to show the incident again.

1 minute ago, Tazio said:

I’m glad I’d popped to the kitchen there. I’m not sure what happened to young Elliott but Sky aren’t showing the replay of the tackle. Looks like a very bad injury. 

Tackle didn't seem a bad one at the time ,  but my 1st impression was his leg was badly out of shape and Sala went over to him but looked horrified. 

5 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Tackle is here. Strange to give red card. Some indication a red card has been given because tackle resulted in an injury. That's a law change I didn't see.

Spoiler

Edited by Mikey1874

Malinga the Swinga
3 minutes ago, Swanny17 said:

Horrible injury but genuinely don’t think it was a red card. Just a very unfortunate outcome. 

Never a sending off. Ref showed red card because Elliott has been injured. Complete bottle job from ref. Why VAR hasn't overturned this is joke.

Edited by Malinga the Swinga

Just now, Mikey1874 said:

Tackle is here. Strange to give red card.

Hide contents

I agree it was never a Red card tackle. Unfortunately injuries occur.

Very bad luck for Harvey Elliot.

The Mighty Thor

I don't think it was the terrible challenge they're making out. It looked like a really unfortunate tangle of legs. 

Grim outcome for Elliot

Just now, The Mighty Thor said:

I don't think it was the terrible challenge they're making out. It looked like a really unfortunate tangle of legs. 

Grim outcome for Elliot

Its the way he fell. It was a clean, fair tackle. 

1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

Tackle is here. Strange to give red card.

Reveal hidden contents

I think the injury made the referee give the red card rather than the tackle

However for Elliot's sake I hope its one that looks worse than it is as he has all the talent to become a top player............but it just did not look good and the players reaction on both sides reflects that.

HeartsandonlyHearts
1 minute ago, Swanny17 said:

Horrible injury but genuinely don’t think it was a red card. Just a very unfortunate outcome. 

Looked to me that the Liverpool manager or  VAR got him the red. Ref never even blew for a foul. A bad injury from a bad piece of luck. Looked like his boot toe or studs got stuck in the turf

1 minute ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Never a sending off. Ref showed red card because Elliott has been injured. Complete bottle job from ref.

it looks similar to the red son got v everton where gomes was badly injured. in that case i think the red was overturned. it should not be that way and from the footage posted above it looks like at worst a foul where for some tackles not even a yellow would be shown.

The Mighty Thor
Just now, Mikey1874 said:

Its the way he fell. It was a clean, fair tackle. 

Looked like it to me too. 

Shame for the laddie though.

Bench reaction from Liverpool 100% influenced the ref. Seemed a innocuous enough challenge and clearly resulted in a bad injury for the lad, but just because he was injured does not make it a red card. Doubt will we see much analysis of it given the serverty of the injury

Leeds could have no complaints if the score was double what it is at present.

0-3 for Liverpool, Mane with an emphatic third.

Malinga the Swinga
3 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Interesting that referees have allowed more intensity this season. Will that change now? Klopp had already questioned it.

Klopp getting benefit of his crying and winging earlier in August. Maybe bring in rule outlawing tackling Liverpool players, just in case anymore of them get hurt.

1 hour ago, John Findlay said:

I'm still trying to workout why some say the Leeds manager is a tactical genius.

spot on with that John 😂😂😂😂😉😁

EdJh4C1XYAE6Ukq.jpg

Edited by Bongo 1874

3 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Compare tackle that got red today to Pogba's one against Wolves that wasn't penalised.

England's use of VAR is terrible.

Don't usually agree with you but you're spot on, we argue that Celtic and Rangers get every decision and the refs are bias, very much turning out like that down England so no difference, what is the point In having var if they don't even go to the monitor to check it? 

Malinga the Swinga

After Leeds/Liverpool game, Man City women on v Spurs. Looks like Man City player getting stretchered off after tackle by Spurs player. Strangely, no red card for Spurs player. Must be different rules.

Malinga the Swinga
2 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Don't usually agree with you but you're spot on, we argue that Celtic and Rangers get every decision and the refs are bias, very much turning out like that down England so no difference, what is the point In having var if they don't even go to the monitor to check it? 

If we had it here, all that would happen would be Rangers/Celtic would get benefit while we would suffer.

They want competitive leagues but allow referees to favour to certain teams and that is something that needs to change.

1 hour ago, Bongo 1874 said:

spot on with that John 😂😂😂😂😉😁

EdJh4C1XYAE6Ukq.jpg

So what. If Hearts played like his Leeds team. The clamour on here to sack the coach would be off the Richter scale.

12 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

So what. If Hearts played like his Leeds team. The clamour on here to sack the coach would be off the Richter scale.

1pt above the relegation zone and behind a much maligned Arsenal...

I'm in your camp on this.

53 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

You first argument is you don't see how he is a genius, do you actually know where Leeds were as a club when he came in, do you know how much that leeds team cost compared to Livarpools, did it also escape you're attention that leeds finished 9th last season, did it also escape you're attention that leeds were undefeated at home last season against the top 6. 

He's managed to turn average championship players into Premier league players, when Kalvin Phillip's was at the club Bielsa arrived the fans wanted Kalvin sold, only for Marcelo to say no, I will turn him into the best player in the league since then he's been called up by England both him and Bamford, Bamford was out of favour at Chelsea moved to Middlesbrough and Marcelo has  changed his game. 

When he moved to Leeds,Bamford was nowhere near being called up for an England side while at Middlesbrough,but managed to score 17 goals last season in the Leeds side 🤔

Kalvin Phillip's won England player of the year 👍

Turned Ayling who was released by arsenal at a young age, who then went to Yeovil, then Bristol City into one of the better right backs in the league. 

Played youngster Jack Clarke who ended up getting a big money move to spurs. 

Turned Stuart Dallas into a Premier league player, Cooper was written off by the fans is now a regular in the Scotland side. 

Klich now gets called up regularly by Poland. 

Signed Raphinha last season and was being touted for an £80 million pound move to Liverpool / Man United. 

If Hearts played like his Leeds team we would achieve 3rd place easy because teams simply wouldn't be able to cope with us. 

He's taken on some of the best teams in the world, you would rather watch a team sit in and get 4-5 goals put past them, than watch a team that goes out there with the genuine belief they can win a game 😂 ok pal. 

What he has achieved with that leeds team is unbelievable, punching way above there weight. 

Long term he's changing the culture of the club. 

Similar to how Stendel was given time and a chance. 

Playing in a positive manner. 

And as for the clamour on here would be off the Richter scale, that's because most couldn't spell football or say they have played the game, to even know what a good Coach is. 

They think winning in a ugly fashion is great, but overall how does it improve the club?

Give me a manager that will improve the football side and culture of club, that is attacking and entertaining everyday of the week. 

Over what we have currently 😂😂

Just open that mouth of yours and talk 💩 💩

Edited by Bongo 1874

25 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

You first argument is you don't see how he is a genius, do you actually know where Leeds were as a club when he came in, do you know how much that leeds team cost compared to Livarpools, did it also escape you're attention that leeds finished 9th last season, did it also escape you're attention that leeds were undefeated at home last season against the top 6. 

He's managed to turn average championship players into Premier league players, when Kalvin Phillip's was at the club Bielsa arrived the fans wanted Kalvin sold, only for Marcelo to say no, I will turn him into the best player in the league since then he's been called up by England both him and Bamford, Bamford was out of favour at Chelsea moved to Middlesbrough and Marcelo has  changed his game. 

When he moved to Leeds,Bamford was nowhere near being called up for an England side while at Middlesbrough,but managed to score 17 goals last season in the Leeds side 🤔

Kalvin Phillip's won England player of the year 👍

Turned Ayling who was released by arsenal at a young age, who then went to Yeovil, then Bristol City into one of the better right backs in the league. 

Played youngster Jack Clarke who ended up getting a big money move to spurs. 

Turned Stuart Dallas into a Premier league player, Cooper was written off by the fans is now a regular in the Scotland side. 

Klich now gets called up regularly by Poland. 

Signed Raphinha last season and was being touted for an £80 million pound move to Liverpool / Man United. 

If Hearts played like his Leeds team we would achieve 3rd place easy because teams simply wouldn't be able to cope with us. 

He's taken on some of the best teams in the world, you would rather watch a team sit in and get 4-5 goals put past them, than watch a team that goes out there with the genuine belief they can win a game 😂 ok pal. 

What he has achieved with that leeds team is unbelievable, punching way above there weight. 

Long term he's changing the culture of the club. 

Similar to how Stendel was given time and a chance. 

Playing in a positive manner. 

And as for the clamour on here would be off the Richter scale, that's because most couldn't spell football or say they have played the game, to even know what a good Coach is. 

They think winning in a ugly fashion is great, but overall how does it improve the club?

Give me a manager that will improve the football side and culture of club, that is attacking and entertaining everyday of the week. 

Over what we have currently 😂😂

Just open that mouth of yours and talk 💩 💩

To summarise your post.

I Bongo 1874, talk complete and utter shite.

1 minute ago, John Findlay said:

To summarise your post.

I Bongo 1874, talk complete and utter shite.

Bongo18741-0 John Findlay easy easy easy 😉

I'm sure you will be able to point out where I'm wrong 😉🙂

2 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Bongo18741-0 John Findlay easy easy easy 😉

I'm sure you will be able to point out where I'm wrong 😉🙂

Leeds won't qualify for Europe this season. Like a Stendel team their defending is woeful.

If Leeds finish bottom half this season the supporters will start turning against him. If you believe the modern football supporter will take losing games 5-4 every week, great entertainment they may be, they would rather win 1-0 every week playing boring football.

That is the modern reality.

Heaven forbid if Leeds were to get relegated, he would get the bullet faster than one leaving a rifle. Despite perhaps playing entertaining football, Leeds board would be lamenting the hundreds of million of pounds they would be losing for no longer being in the EPL. That Bongo is the reality of modern football.