• Tazio

• neilnunb

• Maroon Sailor

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

54 minutes ago, Angel eyes said:

Away to city next weekend 😆

Yeah, but luckily for them they have Norwich at home after that 😭

Leicester too passive though ironically not at the red card. 

West Ham nice to watch. Maybe the fans might get behind them at home now. 

I remember having a sneer when Moyes was asked if he was interested when ourselves and Hibs were both managerless and he said he felt he still had something to offer in the EPL. He was right, I was wrong. West Ham look to be a very good side and they were humpty when Moyes took over. 

8 minutes ago, skinnybob72 said:

I remember having a sneer when Moyes was asked if he was interested when ourselves and Hibs were both managerless and he said he felt he still had something to offer in the EPL. He was right, I was wrong. West Ham look to be a very good side and they were humpty when Moyes took over. 

I was exactly the same. To be fair he had a poor record after Sunderland and real sociedad then. 

11 minutes ago, benny said:

Surely there is no way can West Hams arse collapses again at home.

Not this team

SectionDJambo

Great performance by West Ham. Antonio can be almost unplayable when he is the form he showed tonight.

Long suffering West Ham fans must be chuffed. They were promised a better team for leaving Upton Park. It’s taken a while.

6 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

A couple of signings and West Ham could really do something this season. Squad still thin

keeping antonio fit is the big one for west ham

West Ham are a proper team, a proper, traditional football team.

It’s lovely to see them playing well and topping the league.

pharmaceutical01

Very impressed by West Ham tonight - much the better team even before the red card! First goal was a cracking move and finish

29 minutes ago, Morgan said:

How good is that Antonio, by the way?

Not bad for someone who I just discovered last week started as a full back. The English Callum Paterson.

4 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Not bad for someone who I just discovered last week started as a full back. The English Callum Paterson.

He’s good like . 

think he has been in a few England squads but never played . Jamaica are going to call him up for next round of internationals think he could give Southgate an alternate in attacking positions . Hope it comes back to haunt them and he has a good season this year and scores plenty for West Ham. 

1 hour ago, JackLadd said:

I want Moyes to do well but cannot stand that club.

I like Moyes and that’s coming from a Liverpool fan 😂 . This is his level and is doing well he deserves it too . I don’t mind West Ham I’d rather see them have a good season than the likes of Spurs , Arsenal , Newcastle 

Just now, Stu_HMFC said:

I like Moyes and that’s coming from a Liverpool fan 😂 . This is his level and is doing well he deserves it too . I don’t mind West Ham I’d rather see them have a good season than the likes of Spurs , Arsenal , Newcastle 

It's mainly their trog fans and owners. I don't like any London clubs mind although Moyes being there makes a difference.

5 hours ago, Jamhammer said:

I really like watching this West Ham team

I don’t! First time I’ve seen them win at their place! Stadium gradually improving with lower tiers moved closer in nearer to pitch but upper tiers are always going to be the worst stadium ever for football. 

6 hours ago, Jambo-Fox said:

I don’t! First time I’ve seen them win at their place! Stadium gradually improving with lower tiers moved closer in nearer to pitch but upper tiers are always going to be the worst stadium ever for football. 

But I’m only watching on telly 😀

10 hours ago, Stu_HMFC said:

Aii moyes is a proper old school manager who has managed to stay in the game so long by adapting to modern day football.  Think the reason he struggled at other clubs is simply taking time to learn and adapt and he has interviews which pretty much sums this up. Never to old to learn and when someone is good at something they can always adapt to the ever changing landscape. West Ham are a proper football club 

Westfield Utd are the disgusting face of Tory Britain. Stadium stolen from the UK tax payer and given to Tory donors by Boris, and a stadium maintained by the London tax payer. The fans are a mix of the cowardly ICF and posh barristers from leafy London suburbs. Everything that's wrong with football today can be seen at the Westfield Stratford franchise. 

1 hour ago, XB52 said:

Playing in Maroon, managed by a Scot and Millwall hate them. My favourite English team now

They display a similar xenophobia to you. As I've always said, English and Scots Nats are the same. Of course Millwall were formed by Scots and will always be the Scottish team in London. Good luck with your English tory team.

Unknown user
4 hours ago, SE16 3LN said:

They display a similar xenophobia to you. As I've always said, English and Scots Nats are the same. Of course Millwall were formed by Scots and will always be the Scottish team in London. Good luck with your English tory team.

Yet it's Millwall who are famous for being arseholes above everything else - that's some going!

6 hours ago, SE16 3LN said:

1 hour ago, Smithee said:

Yet it's Millwall who are famous for being arseholes above everything else - that's some going!

🤷‍♂️

4 hours ago, Smithee said:

Say the Daily Mail readers. Nice to see Scotsman Murray Wallace get a double tonight. 

Unknown user
48 minutes ago, SE16 3LN said:

Say the Daily Mail readers. Nice to see Scotsman Murray Wallace get a double tonight. 

It's the only thing Millwall are known for mate, being thugs, you can't deny that!

12 hours ago, benny said:

I don't mind their stadium.

Always find their fans brand new.

A lot of older supporters like City.

Almost a footballing haiku there @benny!

21 hours ago, SE16 3LN said:

Westfield Utd are the disgusting face of Tory Britain. Stadium stolen from the UK tax payer and given to Tory donors by Boris, and a stadium maintained by the London tax payer. The fans are a mix of the cowardly ICF and posh barristers from leafy London suburbs. Everything that's wrong with football today can be seen at the Westfield Stratford franchise. 

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 deary me.

Edit: there's so much ignorance in this post. You don't have the foggiest!

Edited by IronJambo

22 hours ago, SE16 3LN said:

I agree with this 100%!

I could concede that they used to be a real football club (but not a nice one!) but now the two David’s and Karen have totally destroyed them and ‘ripped’ the fans off! Stratford IS the worst stadium in the Premier League and due to its construction always will be!

On 25/08/2021 at 08:57, IronJambo said:

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 deary me.

Edit: there's so much ignorance in this post. You don't have the foggiest!

All factually correct, otherwise you would have pointed it out. It's clear where the ignorance lies Iron.

39 minutes ago, SE16 3LN said:

All factually correct, otherwise you would have pointed it out. It's clear where the ignorance lies Iron.

Far from it.

Newhams Labour council was led by Robin Wales at the time and the award process was very much run by his council. The Tories and that clown Coe/the Olympic Park Legacy Company/London Legacy Development Corporation (whichever iteration) were actually determined that the stadium wasn't going to a football club and the plan was to dismantle most of it and turn it into a 25k athletics ground. Olympic legacy was at the top of their agenda for it's new life. Before the end interested parties were invited to bid on it to buy. West Ham and Spurs bid, and there might've been others along with a mob that wanted to create an F1 track around it. 

Spurs wanted to flatten it and build a brand new stadium in its place with no running track. Basically, they just wanted the land next to the insane transport links. West Ham's bid was more sympathetic to British athletics although they were also asking for £40m to help convert it for footballing purposes.

The decision to award it was appealed by Spurs and those that awarded it to West Ham shit the bed. They then retracted and tendered for lease, which West Ham inevitably won.

I'm not a fan of the stadium but there are a few points that need to be made.

They pay £2.5m per year (was initially £1m) for 20-30 days use of that place. That that sounds quite a lot. 

The devil is obviously in the detail. They don't pay stewarding, they don't pay running costs. They however, only get 50% of catering profits. They get nothing of the first £4m of naming rights that the landlord has failed miserably to sell.

It's not West Ham's fault that they are serious businessmen and were negotiating with career polititians that don't know their arse from their elbow. It's not West Ham's fault that it costs over £8m pa to move the retractable seating. It's not West Ham's fault the stadium was built with no foresight on its future.

Edit: posh barristers from leafy suburbs? You've clearly never been to Whitechapel, Stepney Green or Mile End. Even then, most West Ham can't afford to live there and are in shitholes like Grays, Chafford Hundred, Romford, Barking, Dagenham....

Edited by IronJambo

1 hour ago, IronJambo said:

Far from it.

Newhams Labour council was led by Robin Wales at the time and the award process was very much run by his council. The Tories and that clown Coe/the Olympic Park Legacy Company/London Legacy Development Corporation (whichever iteration) were actually determined that the stadium wasn't going to a football club and the plan was to dismantle most of it and turn it into a 25k athletics ground. Olympic legacy was at the top of their agenda for it's new life. Before the end interested parties were invited to bid on it to buy. West Ham and Spurs bid, and there might've been others along with a mob that wanted to create an F1 track around it. 

Spurs wanted to flatten it and build a brand new stadium in its place with no running track. Basically, they just wanted the land next to the insane transport links. West Ham's bid was more sympathetic to British athletics although they were also asking for £40m to help convert it for footballing purposes.

The decision to award it was appealed by Spurs and those that awarded it to West Ham shit the bed. They then retracted and tendered for lease, which West Ham inevitably won.

I'm not a fan of the stadium but there are a few points that need to be made.

They pay £2.5m per year (was initially £1m) for 20-30 days use of that place. That that sounds quite a lot. 

The devil is obviously in the detail. They don't pay stewarding, they don't pay running costs. They however, only get 50% of catering profits. They get nothing of the first £4m of naming rights that the landlord has failed miserably to sell.

It's not West Ham's fault that they are serious businessmen and were negotiating with career polititians that don't know their arse from their elbow. It's not West Ham's fault that it costs over £8m pa to move the retractable seating. It's not West Ham's fault the stadium was built with no foresight on its future.

Edit: posh barristers from leafy suburbs? You've clearly never been to Whitechapel, Stepney Green or Mile End. Even then, most West Ham can't afford to live there and are in shitholes like Grays, Chafford Hundred, Romford, Barking, Dagenham....

Interesting….. but not very!!

Some great pubs at Mile End! This wasn’t one! Security followed me in and said, “this isn’t your sort of pub”, I replied, “I’ll have a beer then I’ll decide if it is”!!

A99BC87D-7F9C-4BEB-9184-F13CDF6575F6.jpeg