• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• davemclaren

• Deevers

• soonbe110

9 minutes ago, blairdin said:

I'm going to buck the trend here. The Only Hearts mindset has to be us - the fans. It starts by us making clear why we'll only be spending our hard earned on our club. 

The club have to strike a more conciliatory tone - backing us, but also rising above what's happened and maintaining a professional working relationship with other clubs at boardroom level. A 2 game loan does that. Some gametime won't do Bobby any harm either. We might even want to put him in the shop window if we're looking for ways to cut the wage bill. 

Why should we try and maintain a professional working relationship?

We have tried to do that for years and where did it get us? 

Would celtic loan us a player in this situation? Why should we help a team that is taking the piss out of us? 

This is an early line in the sand and it will MASSIVELY disappointing if the club crosses it. 

Seriously disappointed if this happens.  Teams that shit on us and crowed about doing that being done favours by us. That should not be happening no matter what. It yet again sends out the “soft Hearts” message.  FFS we will be loaning players to Raith and Ayr next.

As much as I hate to see it, there will 100% be benefits to hearts for doing this, the ball is completely in our court. What I do love to see though is them having to come crawling to our door after taking the piss out of us, how utterly embarrassing for them

11 minutes ago, blairdin said:

I'm going to buck the trend here. The Only Hearts mindset has to be us - the fans. It starts by us making clear why we'll only be spending our hard earned on our club. 

The club have to strike a more conciliatory tone - backing us, but also rising above what's happened and maintaining a professional working relationship with other clubs at boardroom level. A 2 game loan does that. Some gametime won't do Bobby any harm either. We might even want to put him in the shop window if we're looking for ways to cut the wage bill. 

Pretty much my views. We should do ii if we think It is in our best interests. The actual results of any games he plays have no real bearing on us. 

There was a time we would have loaned the entire squad to enable a team to beat Hibs - changed days indeed. 😄

If they have no goalkeeper then the game should not go ahead, Uefa's rules state this? Yet another **** up from the JRG. Why St Liedoon just taking this on the chin...... Clue is in the name I guess. Really hope we don't help them, they made their bed

Just now, WDJ87 said:

If they have no goalkeeper then the game should not go ahead, Uefa's rules state this? Yet another **** up from the JRG. Why St Liedoon just taking this on the chin...... Clue is in the name I guess. Really hope we don't help them, they made their bed

because they play celtic on wednesday and liewell does not want another postponed game for them. if any of the games that would be postponed did not involve celtic the games would have been postponed

2 minutes ago, WDJ87 said:

As ever the cowardly players union is nowhere to be seen or heard 

Issues like this could have serious repercussions for their memberd

1 minute ago, milky_26 said:

because they play celtic on wednesday and liewell does not want another postponed game for them. if any of the games that would be postponed did not involve celtic the games would have been postponed

Exactly - and yet another reason we should be telling them to ram it.

Selkirkhmfc1874
1 minute ago, R08813 said:

They've taken down the heartbreaker tweet as well. What a pit of spineless conniving snakes. 5 million pound loan fee for the next three games.

They are spineless snakes as you say but if Hearts let this happen our board can be called the same as far as I'm concerned and this only Hearts logo they've been using has been a stunt to get the Hearts supporters spending as much money as possible 

I just dont believe were gonny help out a club that stabbed us in the back, laughed at us and there chief executive, Fitzpatrick, 

slagging us off at every opportunity and were gonny bend over backwards at the first time of asking. How soft are we??????

One of their academy coaches put up a tweet about how hearts fans must be raging that we're helping them out 'especially since the last time he played was in that game'. Must be happening 

Screenshot_20200912-103146_Samsung Internet.jpg

Edited by R08813

Selkirkhmfc1874
Just now, OTT said:

Guess only Hearts was just a marketing line then.

Poor from the club. 

Ecactly my thoughts if we allow this to happen 

The 'only play for two clubs in a season thing' (if I've got it right) concerns me if we have Bobby play at all for us this season means we can't shift him on if that option becomes available.

I'd let the cheats hire him for £50 grand a game - doubled for a clean sheet.

This game should either have Clangerfield in goals or not be on. Or how about a keeper from their academy? Or their big brothers?

3 minutes ago, R08813 said:

One of their academy coaches put up a tweet about how hearts fans must be raging that we're helping them out 'especially since the last time he played was in that game'. Must be happening 

Screenshot_20200912-103146_Samsung Internet.jpg

FFS !! So they remove the tweet taking the piss we loan them Bobby and they start to take the piss again. I'm done. WTF are the club thinking?

Just now, WDJ87 said:

FFS !! So they remove the tweet taking the piss we loan them Bobby and they start to take the piss again. I'm done. WTF are the club thinking?

Just one of their youth coaches, but I agree, attitude at their club is ridiculous 

11 minutes ago, WDJ87 said:

But they can get a keeper. 

BBC news reporting that the St Mirren goalkeeping coach will be on the bench with (perhaps) Bobby in goal.

I would have thought that their goalkeeping coach is part of their goalkeeping "bubble" and should be self isolating?

So if he is OK for the bench then he should play and no need to loan a goal keeper.

Edited by 7628mm

Just now, Gone said:

Never thought I'd say this but I hope the only time he touches the ball is booting it back to the centre circle after Hibs score numerous times

Agree

And they get relegated "at the end of the season" on goal difference😀

2 minutes ago, Gone said:

Never thought I'd say this but I hope the only time he touches the ball is booting it back to the centre circle after Hibs score numerous times

Nooooooooooo!  Its hibs!

Edited by brux

Failing to see the positives in this for us tbh.

Why help out a club that took great joy in sticking the boot into us a few short months ago, especially when that club is ******* St Mirren. 

What if Bobby gets Covid?

Its a stupid ****ing boot licking risk to take. This isn't being the bigger club, its being subservient. 

Seriously pathetic, I'm horrified this seems to have been allowed to happen. St Mirren were one of several clubs that decided to **** us rather than work together. Not a club we should be interacting with on any level. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
33 minutes ago, blairdin said:

No, I don’t agree with this. We shouldn’t throw our toys out the pram but if St Mirren are desperate for a goalkeeper, we should be politely declining any approach from them. Let someone else help them out (or not)

Of course wouldn't have been able to do this during period we were banned from training.

Only because with playing friendlies we are doing testing. The thing that limited St Mirren's options. 

Edited by Mikey1874

We're far too ****ing soft. It can't be Budge anymore or is it? If Robbie comes out trying to explain the decision he'll be getting more phoodle posters put up all over the place, you can see it now.

This club ffs :facepalm:

If they've got a goalkeeping coach anyway why did they not just play him if he's eligible... This games gonna be a conundrum today, want st mirren pumped, want hibs not to win and Bobby's in goals 

Selkirkhmfc1874
4 minutes ago, OTT said:

What if Bobby gets Covid?

Its a stupid ****ing boot licking risk to take. This isn't being the bigger club, its being subservient. 

Seriously pathetic, I'm horrified this seems to have been allowed to happen. St Mirren were one of several clubs that decided to **** us rather than work together. Not a club we should be interacting with on any level. 

Never mind covid ! It's a matter of principal it shouldn't happen after being shat on by clubs, the club keeping telling us only Hearts from now on but if this happens the only Hearts was only used to get Hearts supporters on board to part with our money and take the heat of Budge after last seasons disaster 

4 minutes ago, R08813 said:

Thats their goalkeeping coach (the one that'll be on the bench) responding to a tweet about it. That should just about confirm it.

Screenshot_20200912-104437_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20200912-104445_Samsung Internet.jpg

BBC News was reporting that Jamie Langfield will be on the bench.

I say again why is he not self isolating as surely he is part of the goal keeping 6 man "bubble".

Realistically from a "boardroom" perspective it does make sense. We're not playing but still gets Bobby some game time, saves on wages and presumably we'll get a small fee for it. I can see why they've agreed to it... 

That said as a fan I'm very disappointed they weren't laughed at and told to f off :( Diddy team trying to manufacture a rivalry for their 500 fans on social media should have been.told to bolt. 

This has Handy Andy’s political signature all over it, or someone who isn’t gauging the supporters feelings.

Only Hearts means just that to me, we should nail our colours firmly to the mast on this.

Geoff Kilpatrick

What a pile of shite. Here's a thought - Bobby catches Covid when playing with those spineless barstewards (ha ha, he never catches anything anyway :rolleyes:) and brings it back to Riccarton. We should be having feck all to do with this.

MarkDevriesScores4

Is the fee hearts will get larger than the principal of telling these spoonburners to do one? I doubt it.

the club will get pelters if this happens and deservedly so.

we should be doing NOTHING to assist any club other than maybe Partick or Inverness. 

3 minutes ago, jamboozy said:

This has Handy Andy’s political signature all over it, or someone who isn’t gauging the supporters feelings.

Only Hearts means just that to me, we should nail our colours firmly to the mast on this.

I expect this has about 3 layers it needs to go through

Andy suggests it, Robbie Agrees, Bobby agrees. 

If either Robbie or Bobby don't then it blocks it from happening, no? 

Think our new CEO needs to have another check of the fans feelings. Being asked to continue backing the club whilst publicly helping out a club that refused to help us in any way is embarrassing and makes us look piss weak. 

1 minute ago, Simo said:

Realistically from a "boardroom" perspective it does make sense. We're not playing but still gets Bobby some game time, saves on wages and presumably we'll get a small fee for it. I can see why they've agreed to it... 

That said as a fan I'm very disappointed they weren't laughed at and told to f off :( Diddy team trying to manufacture a rivalry for their 500 fans on social media should have been.told to bolt. 

Someone pointed out earlier that you can't play for three clubs in a season, so if Bobby plays a game for us then we can't shift him until the end of his contract. Re game time, Bobby's in his 30's and played for us in an 11-11 this week, not like he's a young kid who will benefit from 90 mins. 

Would be interested to know who's behind this one at Hearts as unless there's something we don't know (Bobby walks off 10 mins in, etc.) then it just appears like this year has taught us absolutely nothing and we'll bend over to do ***** like St Mirren a favour. 

In the grand scheme of things it's not massively important, but it's a strong indication that those in charge don't have their fingers on the pulse in terms of how the support feel.