St Mirren player tests positive for Covid - Zlamal signs on loan

Jamie86

The laws of the game state there should be 11 players one of whom must be a goalkeeper.

If St. Mirren turn up without keeper the referee unless corrupt cannot let game proceed.

St. Mirren don't have three keepers.

Match must be off.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• davemclaren

• Deevers

• soonbe110

5 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Would you be happy if we loaned Bobby to hibs in the same circumstances?

It isn't Hibs. It's St Mirren. Comparing them to Hibs gives them far too much credit.

3 minutes ago, OTT said:

I disagree. 

Exposing Bobby to a club which has had multiple positive tests represents an unnecessary risk for the club to take. There is a legitimate chance he could bring it back with him and expose the other players to it in the run up to the season starting. 

The club got on board with this idea of 'only hearts' and now appear to be pulling a total 180' and helping a club that kicked and mocked us whilst we were down. It is weak. We're not the ones that need to build bridges here and moreover, it was them openly mocking us with that Heartbreaker tweet.

As far as I'm concerned those ***** made their bed and can lie in it. The board owe it to the fans to do the right thing here to recognise the supporters feelings by telling the Celtic B team to piss off. 

What's "weak" and embarrassing is gloating and then crawling for help a few days later. This is costing us nothing. The power lies with us in this situation, not them.

It's not about building bridges, it's about showing they are an irrelevance. Whether we accept or reject the deal should be based on whether it suits us or not, not on a grudge against a small club who aren't worthy of that grudge.

12 minutes ago, Boof said:

We have no rebuilding to do - we're the wronged party.

And me too.

As a fan I agree100% would absolutely prefer we told them to GTF.

However- continuing the war with other club will not help is off the pitch or ON it.

in summary, I’ve no idea how we should go forward 😂

Dusk_Till_Dawn
1 minute ago, kingantti1874 said:

As a fan I agree100% would absolutely prefer we told them to GTF.

However- continuing the war with other club will not help is off the pitch or ON it.

in summary, I’ve no idea how we should go forward 😂

St Mirren are a total irrelevance. We don’t need a relationship with them at all

12 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Clear the club are trying to Rebuild relationships.. it’s probably the smart thing to do.

as a fan I’m utterly raging if this happens. 

Agree 100% about raging if this happens

As far as building relations goes, surely if we learned anything from the whole expulsion farce, it is that relationships don't exist, only self interest, for most of these clubs.

If it happens it will not be to rebuild relationships. It will be because it is decided that it benefits Hearts.

Surprised at how many posters think we would do something as a gesture to help St Mirren.

We have no idea what has been discussed or any terms so I can't assess if it is in our interests. 

I would find it funny if it collapsed but I'm not bothered at all if he plays for them. If he does it will be on our terms.

1 hour ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

What a pile of shite. Here's a thought - Bobby catches Covid when playing with those spineless barstewards (ha ha, he never catches anything anyway :rolleyes:) and brings it back to Riccarton. We should be having feck all to do with this.

Given that we have, I hope we have sought guarantees from St Mirren, and if he is infected, and misses training or games, they pay his wages in full, plus compensation. 

Tell them to gtf but only at the last minute when they can't get anyone else , make the game a farce....just like their actions against us have !

Bobby Zlamal has completed an emergency loan move to St Mirren.

Bobby Zlamal has completed an emergency loan move to St Mirren.

The Czech goalkeeper will spend an initial seven days at the Paisley side after they lost the services of three keepers due to quarantine protocols following a positive Covid-19 test.

Bobby is in line to make his debut this afternoon against Hibs, with games against Celtic and Dundee United to follow.

Speaking to the Official Hearts Website about the loan, manager Robbie Neilson said: “This is purely a move for Bobby’s benefit. He’ll get to play three competitive games in a week, against three sides who have started the season well.

“Our training has been first class so far and the lads are doing really well, however, this is an opportunity for Bobby to get some competitive games under his belt early on.

“It also gives me the chance to assess where he is at this stage of our pre-season. We have three top class keepers at Hearts and I want them to be pushing each other all the way so that we start our campaign in the strongest shape possible.”

1 minute ago, kingantti1874 said:

Clear the club are trying to Rebuild relationships.. it’s probably the smart thing to do.

as a fan I’m utterly raging if this happens. 

I simply do not see the benefit in building any kind of relationship with St Mirren. 

They spent the week taking the piss out of us, is that the sort of business we want to get cosy with? Even today they are having jokes at our expense and getting pally with hibs. 

So, again, where is the benefit to us? It certainly didn’t benefit us in 2020. 

5 minutes ago, Paolo said:

Given that we have, I hope we have sought guarantees from St Mirren, and if he is infected, and misses training or games, they pay his wages in full, plus compensation. 

I suspect they can barely afford to pay their own wages.

14 minutes ago, FORTHCLYDE said:

The laws of the game state there should be 11 players one of whom must be a goalkeeper.

If St. Mirren turn up without keeper the referee unless corrupt cannot let game proceed.

St. Mirren don't have three keepers.

Match must be off.

Any player can play as a keeper. 

Seeing the st mirren supporters taking the piss on the twitter announcement makes me sick.

This club doesn't give a **** about the supporters, hasn't given a **** about us once in the last 5 years. We're just cash to them. A constant supply of cash, no matter how they treat us

MarkDevriesScores4

Any other clubs we want to assist? 

A clear example of how the top of the club will continue to pander to whoever asks. 

Hope bobby has a blinder prior to inevitably catching Covid in Paisley 

1 minute ago, OmiyaHearts said:

Seeing the st mirren supporters taking the piss on the twitter announcement makes me sick.

This club doesn't give a **** about the supporters, hasn't given a **** about us once in the last 5 years. We're just cash to them. A constant supply of cash, no matter how they treat us

So what some St Mirren fans say gets to you?

Not Only Hearts for you then. 

10 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

St Mirren are a total irrelevance. We don’t need a relationship with them at all

I suspect it’s less to do with St Mirren and more to do with the bigger picture.. 

18Jambo_dave74

Soft as ******* shite. Want to know why we were bottom of the league - because we’re absolutely spineless from top to bottom.

This whole Covid situation had glossed over the absolute shite that was being served up on the pitch and the way we were being ran as a club. It gave us a cause to fight for and get behind. I’m reading other threads on here about us giving players a second chance - this absolute shower should be chased out of Gorgie. Garbage performances and dragged our name through the press for not taking pay cuts.

Happy to take our money - no refunds for matches that didn’t take place. Happy to use “Only Hearts” to get season tickets on board. Happy to send out emails from FOH saying we’ll be looking after only ourselves to keep pledges up. 

The very first time we’ve had the chance to tell one of the scum clubs to get knotted and we just bend over. What a complete and utter slap in the face. St Mirren have literally spent the entire week taking the **** out of us - what a ******* nonsense. Perhaps Raith need a player we can loan them? Maybe Ayr want to have a wee look our hospitality facilities? Perhaps Brechin want a wee hand with fan ownership. 

“Only Hearts”...do me a ******* favour. **** off Hearts. 

3 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

It's the reaction of our fans that is giving them ammunition. I couldn't care about St Mirren.

It's a football decision.

In the end what supporters think is irrelevant. 

At some point there was always going to be a club decision that would piss off a lot of fans. 

Playing the semi final could equally be seen as letting the fans down. 

Just now, Hungry hippo said:

It's the reaction of our fans that is giving them ammunition. I couldn't care about St Mirren.

And what about their official twitter? Their goalkeeping coach twitter as well?

St Mirren as a club are taking the piss and we are bending over as per.