St Mirren player tests positive for Covid - Zlamal signs on loan

Jamie86

Heart of Darkness
1 hour ago, wavydavy said:

The SFA/SPFL will probably say he got it from a Hearts player when they played us in that friendly and fine us. 😍

🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• davemclaren

• Deevers

• soonbe110

BBC Chris McLaughlin has said that the St Mirren v Hibs game will go ahead but that it is a developing story and more might come out over the next 24 hrs 

Just now, ritchies75 said:

St Mirren v Hibs goes ahead - but St Mirren will be without their three most experienced goalies. Two have tested positive, the third is deemed to be at risk of incubating the virus.

They're looking at getting an emergency loan, I cant imagine there will be too many goalkeepers wanting to go there with covid on the loose. 

Berra than you
13 minutes ago, ritchies75 said:

St Mirren v Hibs goes ahead - but St Mirren will be without their three most experienced goalies. Two have tested positive, the third is deemed to be at risk of incubating the virus.

Seems harsh. I thought their was a rule (SPFL do seem to make these up as they please) that if you didn't have enough fit/healthy senior goalkeepers you get seek permission to postpone a game. Sure we exercised this rule in Robbie's first season up in the top flight. Away to Inverness I think?

27 minutes ago, ritchies75 said:

I was thinking it might be the goalies, since they train close to each other but away from the outfield players most of the time. 

Oh well never mind, I have sympathy for their position.  They will just have to take their medicine. 

11 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

Whats Perriera doing at the moment? 

Still trying to put the nets up at hudders'

😀  He should take his gloves off first, it's harder when they're on your feet. 

The issue for the SPFL is if they postpone this game, then they will also have to postpone the next one or two SM games while the 14 day self isolation period passes.

They are at home to Celtic on Wednesday and away to Dundee Utd next Saturday.

Peter Lawwell will have insisted the game goes ahead.

Edited by Footballfirst

1 minute ago, Footballfirst said:

The issue for the SPFL is if they postpone this game, then they will also have to postpone the next one or two SM games while the 14 day self isolation period passes.

And they are due to play Celtic on Wednesday, which is the rearranged fixture from when Bolingoli went AWOL

1 minute ago, Footballfirst said:

Have they not already set a precedent for this with Aberdeen 

Given that Aberdeen were able to postpone after their players broke the rules, making St Mirren play is absolutely ridiculous. 

But they backed Doncaster. 
They backed the SPFL. 
They made a pact with the devil so they can have no reason to complain. 

Edited by Nookie Bear

Zlamal should be told to go and throw the ball in the net any chance he gets.

40-0.

I don't care if it's the filth from Leith, they'll shit the bed later in the season and finish midtable anyway. I want to see St Lie down crumble.

16 minutes ago, 7628mm said:

The SPFL didn't want to postpone that game. They wanted it to go ahead but I'm pretty sure the Scottish Government intervened.

The SPFL can't afford to cancel every game when there are positive tests as the season will never get finished.

2 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Would be very disappointed if we helped that mob out in any way 

This.

First test of 'Only Hearts', lets not fall at the first hurdle eh.

4 minutes ago, OTT said:

This.

First test of 'Only Hearts', lets not fall at the first hurdle eh.

Agreed. Hope the club’s rejects this. 

If they're after one of our goalies from last season it shows they haven't lost their sense of humour despite their difficulties.

Anyway, I will be celebrating their difficulties and the difficulties of every other club which voted against us.

I see from the news that covid has got much worse in Scotland this week.  I certainly don't celebrate that other than the fact that greetin faced Lennon has less chance of getting crowds back than I have of buying a Hibs season ticket.

8 minutes ago, JJ93 said:

We should verbally agree and pull out last minute and f them over. I'd even joy Hibs beating them 10-0.

Steady on there.

It has to be a goalie who has been regularly tested so only us and the 11 other teams in the top league could do it - I think cross border loans have to be long term

Fitzroy Pointon

I wouldn't be doing any business with any football club in Scotland outside Partick and Stranraer unless they were stumping up good money. 

**** St Mirren, they can ram it. 

39 minutes ago, stuart500 said:

Tell them to ram it. Why should we send Bobby through to that disease-ridden rat hole. 

Poor Bobby. But, if they pay the wage of a keeper who probably won't play for the season then it saves a years salary. As tesco said, every little helps. Its not about helping those non entities. Its about what's right for us. And a saving of 50/80k or whatever my random guess of his salary is, is fine by me. Especially if it means we make more secure the jobs of back office staff etc...

1 minute ago, JamboAndrew said:

Poor Bobby. But, if they pay the wage of a keeper who probably won't play for the season then it saves a years salary. As tesco said, every little helps. Its not about helping those non entities. Its about what's right for us. And a saving of 50/80k or whatever my random guess of his salary is, is fine by me. Especially if it means we make more secure the jobs of back office staff etc...

It would only be an emergency loan, so he'd only be gone for a few weeks. We'd barely save any salary. 

1 hour ago, 7628mm said:

You'd have thought so ..... but the SPFL bend with the wind, depending on what suits Sellick best.  

No fit goalie though - a team can't get a more serious handicap 1 day ahead of a match.   Even if Hearts agree to an emergency loan, hopefully Zlamal turns it down on the ground of health protection.