Covid protocols - ‘Govt money wanted’

taylor75

SectionDJambo
5 minutes ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

Reading between the lines the SPFL clubs are worried about a lower league or amateur club delivering the third strike and getting the season stopped. 

Don’t think so.

They have just decided to hurt clubs they don’t care about and who won’t be on Sky Sports, so that the SG will think they are in control. 
Two, so called, elite clubs have caused this issue, and the top league is unaffected by any action to prevent a repeat.

Most of the clubs in the Championship and leagues 1and 2, would be quite happy if they aren’t playing again until they can get spectators in. Once again, Doncaster and Petrie are playing on the knowledge they have of the financial state, and thinking, of those clubs. They know they will not get resistance, because this is what those clubs want, and those two deceitful cretins know this.

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Pasquale for King

• Mikey1874

• Nookie Bear

42 minutes ago, David Black said:

A precedent has already been made. No matter how many games are played and most will be, whoever is top gets promoted and who is bottom gets relegated. By failing to start the championship, leagues 1 & 2 would be the end of at least 75% of those clubs. That will not be allowed to happen.

That wasn't the precedent, the precedent was to allow the clubs to decide what should happen.

At least that's what the SPFL will claim.

Malinga the Swinga

Have the SPFL announced penalties that will be applied against Celtic and Celtic lite yet, or are they still waiting on Peter Lawell to decide on what they should be?

The carpets in the SPFL offices must be stinking with all the shite that gets swept under them.

Pasquale for King
12 minutes ago, rory78 said:

The last thing Halkett needs is doughnuts ffs 

There’s that too, shouldn’t be in a place where fans could conceivably want their autographs or photos etc. 

Harry Potter
18 minutes ago, gorgie rd eh11 said:

Aye the SPFL/SFA are corrupt slimeballs.

Correct answer, i have given up on that shower, clowns.

If you look at other sports, there have been positive tests and breaches of protocol at Rugby League, Cricket, Motor Racing, English football but the button hasn't been pressed on any of them.  More money at stake in all of these than Scottish football, I would think, but the key point is why they would throw this at the non-elite levels of Scottish football after the actions of players at these two a-hole clubs?  Problem and solution are totally disconnected.

50 minutes ago, AndrewB said:

My thoughts would be that I wouldn't be training today.  Let the dust settle a bit.  Don't push any "nuclear button" quite yet.

What is allowed?  People allowed to exercise, meet up outside etc?  

If it was local friends Craig Wight, Christopher Barr and Michael Smithee who were all pals, could they meet up and kick a ball around?

If the people were actually professional footballers, are they then banned from doing so?

How many can we get doing this?  All of them down the Meadows, or at Oriam, in groups of 3 or whatever number is permissible.  Need to push this to the limits - but stay on the right side of it for now.  Just wait for random Premier footballer to push down the house of cards when out for his wife's birthday or whatever.

Of course they can, ........... and they should !

They can even do it at Riccarton.

The guys will know the drills by now and should be professional enough to push themselves physically.

They have as much right to keep fit as anyone else in the country right now.

Just don't have any coaching staff there.

17 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

Has the players union said anything ?  Surely

do you think that pratt wishart would say anything that is in support of hearts? just look at his silence when hibs asked their players to take wages cuts and compare it to how wuick he came out when we did it

Harry Potter
1 minute ago, milky_26 said:

do you think that pratt wishart would say anything that is in support of hearts? just look at his silence when hibs asked their players to take wages cuts and compare it to how wuick he came out when we did it

He would have to if asked by any Hearts player in the union.

1 hour ago, Boy Daniel said:

Stuff Scottish Football. I’m of for my daily training walk. 🏃‍♂️:HeartsManspotrun:

You can't. I'm not walking until tonight. 

Not fair, man. 

1 hour ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

I'm wondering what Judge Lord Alistair Clark QC thinks now about his arbitration decision......

I'm wondering if he's a Celtic supporting ****!

From the Daily Record website.  The standard of grammar in this, strewth.

The players had broke government guidelines on the number of households that were allowed to meet up, with people not allowed to gather with more than eight people from three households.

David McCaig
1 minute ago, amadjambo said:

Is there nothing the club can do to fight this decision? 

Just turn up and train and put the ball in the SPFLs court.

10 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

I'm wondering if he's a Celtic supporting ****!

He couldn’t really do anything else. Those were the rules. I’d be more interested in who was the three man arbitration panel, personally.

1 minute ago, David McCaig said:

I’m not sure that would be a wise decision. 

18 minutes ago, martoon said:

You can't. I'm not walking until tonight. 

Not fair, man. 

😂

what you have just jokingly said is how daft that statement was. I don’t think they realise just how stupid they look coming out with that excuse 

2 minutes ago, Beast Boy said:

He couldn’t really do anything else. Those were the rules. I’d be more interested in who was the three man arbitration panel, personally.

To say that any three picked from that list were 100% impartial is extremely naive. If they were impartial the SFA would not them on the list.

David McCaig
Just now, amadjambo said:

I’m not sure that would be a wise decision. 

What rules would we be breaking?  Certainly not any SG rules and since when did the SPFL dictate which clubs could train.

10 minutes ago, Barack said:

The state of Hayes. Is he an actual alcoholic?!

His beak would definitely suggest so. It's impressive to say the least. 

Ted Hastings
9 minutes ago, Barack said:

Has he not agreed to take no wage this season to help them financially and get the deal over the line quickly? Quite a turn of events following his altruistic decision.

'Johnny, cheers for playing for free this season, now pony up the dosh, we'd prefer cashless if possible' :lol:

4 minutes ago, Boy Daniel said:

😂

what you have just jokingly said is how daft that statement was. I don’t think they realise just how stupid they look coming out with that excuse 

It's beyond belief, bud.

I'm reading it and seeing it, all with my own eyes, but I'm finding it difficult to believe.

What the feck is next?

Edited by martoon

Pasquale for King
9 minutes ago, amadjambo said:

Is there nothing the club can do to fight this decision? 

Its currently exploring its options.

9 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

That is what Doncaster is hoping for, then we are the bad guys that were responsible for shutting down Scottish football. Even that clown knows that some idiot(s) will break the rules and he is just hoping it is us, Hearts should have every single player chained to the kitchen sink over this weekend.

Edited by David Black

1 minute ago, David Black said:

To say that any three picked from that list were 100% impartial is extremely naive. If they were impartial the SFA would not them on the list.

See if you are looking for possible corruption, you have to start with where those you suspect as being corrupt start to come in to play. In our case, that was when it was the SFA who were tasked with coming up with the list of potential candidates. Quite how they arrived at the decision they did is mind boggling. With it all being behind closed doors however, what can you do. 

3 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

What rules would we be breaking?  Certainly not any SG rules and since when did the SPFL dictate which clubs could train.

I don’t know what rules the SFA and SPFL have put in place, so have no idea what rules, if any, we would be breaking. But the club have stopped training, so they must feel there are rules stopping them.

3 hours ago, David McCaig said:

Judging by twitter, we are taking this decision lying down.

Hopefully we're just knocking it on the head today, David. Let's see what transpires over the weekend. No point in us flouting their directive, particularly as it's Friday, and leaving ourselves wide open to all kinds of sanctions and punishments by these b@5t@rd5.

It seems they're just waiting to pounce on Hearts and inflict damage.

17 minutes ago, AndrewB said:

From the Daily Record website.  The standard of grammar in this, strewth.

The players had broke government guidelines on the number of households that were allowed to meet up, with people not allowed to gather with more than eight people from three households.

FFS... like a child writed that

1 minute ago, Rogue Daddy said:

FFS... like a child writed that

An insult to the children, RD. 😉

6 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

The SFA control football at pretty much every level throughout the country, and I believe the SG delegate to them who they permit to return to training / competitive action and when, subject to the SG being satisfied with precautions being taken, etc. 

Elite sport was first back, and until yesterday that included us - the change in that status is disgraceful. I don't know where the cutoff point is, but clearly the three other Championship clubs thought they had that status too. 

The kids game is back with training, though I don't know if they're allowed to play games yet. 

As far as I know, every other adult team is not permitted to return to training. Not sure how Berwick managed it - perhaps their training is under English rules? 

2 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Very dangerous to start punishing people who have done everything correctly.

You break the rules and conventions we follow to have a fair society. Can become a free for all. People start to think 'why bother?'. 

I'm away out for a spot of shop lifting this afternoon. The customers who pay for their goods after I've ran can take my punishment. Surely? For the good of the retail market?

Mid Calder Jambo
25 minutes ago, Barack said:

No thats how you go after taking the Celtic boaby for two years.

2 minutes ago, martoon said:

An insult to the children, RD. 😉

Fair enough, you're right, I take it back. I suppose I should be applauding the DR for using a 'comma' and a 'fullstop'. 👍

4 minutes ago, Beast Boy said:

The children of monkeys.

2 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

Fair enough, you're right, I take it back. I suppose I should be applauding the DR for using a 'comma' and a 'fullstop'. 👍

👍😊

13 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Its currently exploring its options.

Rightly so. I think being cautious In our response is the right way forward.  I just wonder if these sleekit *******s are hoping for us to make a knee jerk response and hope that the game here is suspended fully for a month and hope that we get the blame. Patience is the key and the right response is required. I am sure we will be taking legal advice on this and our response will be the correct one.

Niemi’s gloves
11 minutes ago, Beast Boy said:

The government have stated quite categorically that they don’t have a problem with us training, and they were in fact surprised to find out the JRG had ordered it. Stop making it easy on the lying vindictive weasels that run our game, by buying in to their bullshit. FFS. 🙄

All true but it is also the case that the government have the ability to change that: a firm word in Petrie’s ear from the sports minister if not Nicola herself. I’ll give it  to Monday to see a u-turn. If it doesn’t happen then I’ll regard the government as complicit with the “lying vindictive weasels”. To me “Hearts First” means that anyone that isn’t with us is against us. 

Edited by Niemi’s gloves

Pasquale for King
11 minutes ago, Deevers said:

Rightly so. I think being cautious In our response is the right way forward.  I just wonder if these sleekit *******s are hoping for us to make a knee jerk response and hope that the game here is suspended fully for a month and hope that we get the blame. Patience is the key and the right response is required. I am sure we will be taking legal advice on this and our response will be the correct one.

Let’s hope so.

5 minutes ago, Niemi’s gloves said:

All true but it is also the case that the government have the ability to change that: a firm word in Petrie’s ear from the sports minister if not Nicola herself. I’ll give to Monday to see a u-turn. If it doesn’t happen then I’ll regard the government as complicit with the “lying vindictive weasels”. To me “Hearts First” means that anyone that isn’t with us is against us. 

I’m not sure. They have delegated the nuts and bolts of it all to the JRG. They haven’t got involved in telling them what to do with far more serious aspects of it like the Celtic and Aberdeen transgressions, so I doubt they would with us being told to pause training. 

There’s a few people acting like complete arses over this however, and they are actually enabling Petrie and Doncaster in getting away with this shit, by perpetuating their lies over responsibility. It’s sad that people are putting political agendas before their own football club.

Edited by Beast Boy

Hungry hippo
2 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

That’s why I was a bit concerned when Cochrane put up a video of him, Morrison and Halkett in Krispy Kreme last week on social media. 

3 people is allowed.

highlandjambo3

Excuse my ignorance, this may have been mentioned.  So hearts were told to stop training yesterday, why were we the only championship team training ?