Covid protocols - ‘Govt money wanted’

taylor75

1 minute ago, CJGJ said:

Simply put, for you seem to need it that way

The leader of the conservative party in Scotland..who happen to be the party in power in the UK wanted to keep himself up to date with events regarding football in this country so arranged for a conference call with representatives to gather information...so far do you follow ?

Not just our owner or chairperson (as you and others have tried to intimate) but a number of leading lights in other clubs in the lower divisions as well such as ICT for example.

I don't vote Tory but I would have thought that keeping the leader of one of the main parties up to date and giving up to date info is not a bad thing...if only as a common courtesy at the very least.

Now I would have thought he'd be pretty clued up due to his part time profession but it cannot be a bad thing in any case.

He also had thoughts and ideas he wanted to 'float' with them so the clubs would be aware of his thinking and that of one of the major parties.

Now as to your other points..CRAIG LEVEIN to those who know who he was or is left in charge too long is an opinion many share and fair enough but like it or not we were not bottom when he left the role. What is sad is the posters who go on and on about it months after the event and who cannot let it go...just sad in my opinion that they expend so much energy on a topic which is an opinion and can never be truly proved...it's just like the Messi and Ronaldo discussion.

Your other point is simply put innuendo and gossip which you cannot be sure of as you have no idea of the terms and conditions of any contract, the changes to said contract and the role he played in the construction but again it is an opinion.

Still when things return to normal you can turn up at the shareholders meeting and put your points to her and others or even to FOH to which I am sure you contribute

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-involved-crisis-talks-douglas-ross-tory-leader-proposes-fighting-fans-fund-help-keep-clubs-afloat-2992977

I certainly do and I raised a pertinent question regarding the handover to FOH at the last meeting. I can repeat it incase you were not at the meeting. 

So it my imagination that the new stand project over ran and the project was out of budget( by millions) 

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Pasquale for King

• Mikey1874

• Nookie Bear

31 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

As confused as I am by Ross’ involvement in this, I’m not sure how reconstruction would have made much difference to the health of the SPFL as a whole. It would still have the same problems.

Bottom 14 could have mothballed

Bottom 14 could have had money in from the old firm colts.

Now we have a mix of teams that cant play and teams that can play. They had their chance and blew it in the main to get at Hearts and others. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
3 minutes ago, Rods said:

Bottom 14 could have mothballed

Bottom 14 could have had money in from the old firm colts.

Now we have a mix of teams that cant play and teams that can play. They had their chance and blew it in the main to get at Hearts and others. 

I very much doubt that any proposal would have done much for the lower leagues.

Guest ToqueJambo
40 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

In the main though, the pyramid would still have been fecked. It was no solution to anything, apart from sparing us (and others) from demotion.

It provided a mechanism for more clubs that can afford to play to play. That was pointed out by Budge at the time. So it wasn't just about sparing us, Thistle and Stranraer. It was genuinely quite well thought out by considering the worst - yet still most realistic - scenario of no fans.

Instead the SPFL and SFA warbled on about fans back for the OF derby in October.

1 hour ago, Rods said:

Folk were saying Budge is out of touch with the fans and I have defended in the main. 

This meeting with Douglas Ross is a right kick in the stanes.

1) Who cares about other clubs

2) Stop doing the SFA/SPFL job for them 

3) We should be distancing ourselves from any political plays and that’s what that meeting was with Douglas Ross.

Budge sucked in again how many times is she going to get suckered in under our name.

Suckered by 

Levein, her brother, Neil Doncaster and now Douglas Ross.

Think you  have mis-interpreted the article. Best to have another read or two. No mention of clubs helping each other out financially. Ross spoke to 24 clubs in Scotland to find out what their issues were. He plans to outline what’s needed to the Scottish government.  Good on him and the clubs. A task that Petrie, Mulraney and Doncaster should have done weeks if not months ago. 

1 hour ago, Rods said:

you again if I said black you would say white.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-involved-crisis-talks-douglas-ross-tory-leader-proposes-fighting-fans-fund-help-keep-clubs-afloat-2992977 

You are trying to say this headline has mislead somehow?  I would be interested on your take of why Douglas Ross got involved and why it concerns Heart of Midlothian.

You trying to tell me she did not leave Levien to his own devices for to long?

You trying to tell me that she allowed her brother free reign with the new stand for to long? 

It’s just a headline.  We are one of 24 clubs he spoke to. What’s the problem. 

In terms of people working together, Mike Mulraney on Sportsound on Saturday said clubs are working together well. 

I took encouragement that clubs in the Championship will do their best together to ensure the league is played. 

So that's Hearts working with Alloa. Mulraney working with Andrew McKinlay and maybe Ann Budge. 

Just now, soonbe110 said:

Think you  have mis-interpreted the article. Best to have another read or two. No mention of clubs helping each other out financially. Ross spoke to 24 clubs in Scotland to find out what their issues were. He plans to outline what’s needed to the Scottish government.  Good on him and the clubs. A task that Petrie, Mulraney and Doncaster should have done weeks if not months ago. 

You mean like reconstruction which AB ended up leading? 

Furthermore what have the rest of the clubs got to do with Hearts? I dont want to even hear about us offering up solutions. AB offered solutions previously through reconstruction she got absolutely ridiculed by those chairmen and the fans of these clubs. I wonder who the other clubs that turned up.

Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice shame on me. 

Niemi’s gloves
2 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

I’d agree with that. As far as the quotes from Douglas Ross are concerned, I’d guess that some hack at Scottish Tory Party HQ sent out  press releases to 24 local papers based on a template of  “it was really useful and insightful to hear the views of (insert club name here)........ and “ I’ll be bringing forward options to keep clubs like (insert club name here) afloat....

16 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Nothing per se.

The problem is what was said on Sportsound Saturday and who briefed Doncaster and Mulraney to go down the route of spouting pish.

But I do get the worry of Budge being potentially getting taken in by a persistent liar, sorry deliberate mis-leader of the truth. - that can go across politicians of all parties of course.

Edited by DETTY29

The Treasurer
2 minutes ago, Rods said:

Furthermore what have the rest of the clubs got to do with Hearts? I dont want to even hear about us offering up solutions. AB offered solutions previously through reconstruction she got absolutely ridiculed by those chairmen and the fans of these clubs. I wonder who the other clubs that turned up.

Even if a solution was beneficial to Hearts ?

I'd much rather that if these sort of meetings are taking place, that our club is represented rather than some half-wit like Mulranay being the self appointed spokesman for the Championship clubs

14 minutes ago, Rods said:

Ross was asking - what can government do to help football clubs? what are your issues and how can we help you overcome them?  

Time for another read of the article methinks. 

10 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

Nothing per se.

The problem is what was said on Sportsound Saturday and who briefed Doncaster and Mulraney to go down the route of spouting pish.

But I do get the worry of Budge being potentially getting taken in by a persistent liar, sorry deliberate mis-leader of the truth. - that can go across politicians of all parties of course.

I’m sure Budge wasn’t putting the words in those two mouths.  They were on their usual campaign trail to benefit the OF - this time it was fans in the stadium for 17 October.  Not sure Ross has displayed any of the bad traits you mention yet. Indeed he was one of the few that had the moral backbone to resign over the Cummings affair. In terms of financial aid for Scottish clubs at least the leader of the opposition is talking to football clubs. Something, from various reports, our first minister has yet to do. 

Just now, soonbe110 said:

Ross was asking - what can government do to help football clubs? what are your issues and how can we help you overcome them?  

It does say government, does that mean SG (which he has no say as such) or WM?

However Ruth Davidson tweeted about the SG doing more to back football and a journalist at the daily mentioned Ross' £1 for £1 proposal request of the SG.

The EN could be wrong too of course.

10 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Time for you to reasses what the SFA/SPFL should be doing.

Why did Ross not discuss with the SPFL board and SFA? This is reconstruction all over again AB involved and doing the work others highly paid others should be doing. 

Why are we even involved we dont need help and we offered solutions back in April.

Let the clubs rot I say.

Edited by Rods

Just now, DETTY29 said:

It does say government, does that mean SG (which he has no say as such) or WM?

However Ruth Davidson tweeted about the SG doing more to back football and a journalist at the daily mentioned Ross' £1 for £1 proposal request of the SG.

The EN could be wrong too of course.

I’d imagine both as he has a hot line to both given his position. Barnett consequentials also force funding to Scottish football if Westminster bails out English clubs. 

Just now, Rods said:

Time for you to reasses what the SFA/SPFL should be doing.

Why did Ross not discuss with the SPFL board and SFA. This is reconstruction all over again AB involved and doing the work others highly paid others should be doing. 

Have we not helped enough by bringing Anderson to the table. 

Would you talk to the SPFL/SFA?  It’s been clear over the last six months that they don’t have a clue. 
Again, it was Budge, presumably, and representatives of 23 other clubs that he spoke to in an effort to find out what the issues were and how they could be overcome. Where does it say that Budge is leading the initiative?  Why wouldn’t Hearts be involved, along with as many clubs as want to be involved, in something that might just benefit all clubs? 
Not sure I follow your point, if indeed you have one. 

1 minute ago, soonbe110 said:

Would you talk to the SPFL/SFA?  It’s been clear over the last six months that they don’t have a clue. 
Again, it was Budge, presumably, and representatives of 23 other clubs that he spoke to in an effort to find out what the issues were and how they could be overcome. Where does it say that Budge is leading the initiative?  Why wouldn’t Hearts be involved, along with as many clubs as want to be involved, in something that might just benefit all clubs? 

I think he has anger driven reading issues. 🥴

6 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

My point is simple

What has the peril of other clubs got to do with Heart of Midlothian? The same clubs that wanted us down the same clubs who wanted us not to train the same clubs who have voted for us only to have three subs at it was seen as an advantage to us. 

We owe Scottish football nothing in fact we owe them payback. 

You may think playing nicely is the answer I dont let them rot. 

Edited by Rods

5 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I think he has anger driven reading issues. 🥴

Your right

I am angry by the way our club has been treated.

Edited by Rods

3 minutes ago, Rods said:

My point is simple

What has the peril of other clubs got to do with Heart of Midlothian? The same clubs that wanted us down the same clubs who wanted us not to train the same clubs who have voted for us only to have three subs at it was seen as an advantage to us. 

I imagine she was giving him our perspective on the impacts of covid on Hearts and how they might be mitigated. 

Niemi’s gloves
9 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

I’d imagine both as he has a hot line to both given his position. Barnett consequentials also force funding to Scottish football if Westminster bails out English clubs. 

I don’t think it works quite like that. Extra public spending to bail out English football (not from existing budgets) would trigger increased funds to the SG to spend at their discretion, not necessarily on football. If the money to bail out English football came from within existing budgets for spending in England, it wouldn’t trigger any more money for Scotland

Just now, Niemi’s gloves said:

I don’t think it works quite like that. Extra public spending to bail out English football (not from existing budgets) would trigger increased funds to the SG to spend at their discretion, not necessarily on football. If the money to bail out English football came from within existing budgets for spending in England, it wouldn’t trigger any more money for Scotland

Correct. No obligation for any new money to English football driving similar to Scottish football. The Scottish government can do what it wants with any consequential money. 

10 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I imagine she was giving him our perspective on the impacts of covid on Hearts and how they might be mitigated. 

So she was offering solutions for Scottish football. 

What is Hearts perspective in your opinion?

Mines is Hearts are being adversly affected by the actions of the majority of the club in the league.

My opinion is we should be keeping any ideas inhouse( look what happend the last time we offered solutions)

It looks now as though the SG are going to step in( probably due to discussions with the SFA/SPFL) the cynic in me says they will not benefit Hearts but the teams around us but time will tell.

Edited by Rods

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

It’s thoroughly incoherent though. I don’t mean from Budge specifically but from everyone. What is Ross’ influence or leverage, really? If there was to be a financial package then it needs to come from the SG, which he isn’t part of. From nowhere he seems to have hopped onto the train in the past week but given some of what was said on the radio over the weekend - Doncaster and that other prick throwing stones at Sturgeon - it’s clear that there’s no real strategy to this. To put it another way, talking to Ross will achieve nothing 

There will be little or no package from the SG as it can’t borrow to do so, the UK government can though and surely if he spoke to his pal BJ he could square us up? To be honest as much as I despise him and his party, if he could secure money from the U.K. government it would make him look good with an election coming up soon. If not he’s just looking for a reason to criticise the SG.

Edited by Pasquale for King

24 minutes ago, Rods said:

My point is simple

I haven’t interpreted anything from the article that would suggest we ‘playing nicely’. All we did, I presume, was give Ross some facts re the issues facing us as a football club in these tough times. Another 23 clubs gave him their issues. Only difference is that a rag decided to put our name in the headline just to generate a bit more interest. 

22 minutes ago, Niemi’s gloves said:

Barnett consequentials work on  the basis that any money spent on areas that are not devolved result in funding to all four nations. You are correct re it not being ring-fenced by the Scot gov for football. 

1 hour ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

It’s thoroughly incoherent though. I don’t mean from Budge specifically but from everyone. What is Ross’ influence or leverage, really? If there was to be a financial package then it needs to come from the SG, which he isn’t part of. From nowhere he seems to have hopped onto the train in the past week but given some of what was said on the radio over the weekend - Doncaster and that other prick throwing stones at Sturgeon - it’s clear that there’s no real strategy to this. To put it another way, talking to Ross will achieve nothing 

This is it. We have some **** on £400k/year hiding behind Dempster or Mulraney and even Budge and it has become a shambles. 

A Scottish Tory talking to the owner of a Championship that nobody likes? Utterly utterly pointless. 

18 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

This is it. We have some **** on £400k/year hiding behind Dempster or Mulraney and even Budge and it has become a shambles. 

A Scottish Tory talking to the owner of a Championship that nobody likes? Utterly utterly pointless. 

Spot on another pointless exercise with no benefit for Heart of Midlothian. 

I would have went to the meeting to only mention we are in our position due the the clubs on the call. 

Folk saying we were a soft touch with regards to Zlamal were spot on. This is another example. 

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

This is a start of some comeback if we assume Falkirk voted against ending the league and for reconstruction and Killie were against both.

Perth to Paisley

Basic point

If Hearts were allowed 11,000 to attend there would be no new money to the club ... in fact it would likely cost them for additional stewarding.

Dont brlieve Catering etc would be available to supplement that.

Bazzas right boot
7 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

It's funny but could happen to any club at any time. 

Could be a farce going forward. 

Boom from Tom English.

Meeting with Ross was with lower clubs worried that Premiership will eat up all funds.

Edited by DETTY29

What if there is CV19 cases for our league cup group stage tomorrow?

It is a TV commitment, and I imagine Premier Sports would rather it went ahead at a later date.

4 minutes ago, Perth to Paisley said:

Basic point

If Hearts were allowed 11,000 to attend there would be no new money to the club ... in fact it would likely cost them for additional stewarding.

Dont brlieve Catering etc would be available to supplement that.

Absolutely correct, a point missed by many. 
It’s the small clubs together with a few top league clubs that don’t sell many or any season tickets that would benefit from some fans returning. As well as the tv companies in terms of atmosphere at games. 

1 minute ago, DETTY29 said:

Boom from Tom English.

Meeting with Ross was with lower clubs worried that Premiership will eat up all funds.

In other words, wee teams plead for Ross to make socialist consideration. Nae chance.

The Treasurer
1 hour ago, Rods said:

My point is simple

Like it or not, it is in our interest that the championship clubs are able to fulfil their fixtures 

Anyone who thinks that Douglas Ross has stuck his neb in for any other reason than to have a pop at the Scottish government is seriously deluded.

1 hour ago, Footballfirst said:

Hope they give the money over quick, shellick are trying to sign a AC Milan defender. 🙄

Edited by Rogue Daddy
Oops... wrong ‘quote’ it was the other CM tweet.

7 minutes ago, S Form said:

Anyone who thinks that Douglas Ross has stuck his neb in for any other reason than to have a pop at the Scottish government is seriously deluded.

Correct 

11 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

Like it or not, it is in our interest that the championship clubs are able to fulfil their fixtures 

I am not sure what a meeting which was attended by half of the teams with a person who can do nothing about the situation has helped. 

If championship clubs can’t complete their fixtures then it should be a 3-0 win to their opponents. Remember these teams not only voted to send us down they voted to have a truncated championship. Add in certain championship teams running to the SFA/SPFL about us training. 

24 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

Boom from Tom English.

This in spades!! Anybody that thinks any money would be evenly split is delusional