Covid protocols - ‘Govt money wanted’

taylor75

Bazzas right boot
56 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Dear ND & MM

Which part of 12,872 new cases and 49 deaths in the UK (764 and 4 in Scotland) don't you understand.

Regards

A concerned football fan

Yeah, and that's just the spfl cases 😳

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Pasquale for King

• Mikey1874

• Nookie Bear

1 hour ago, Footballfirst said:

Dear ND & MM

Which part of 12,872 new cases and 49 deaths in the UK (764 and 4 in Scotland) don't you understand.

Regards

A concerned football fan

Yep, unfortunately anyone in government, either Uk or Scotland, looking in on last 6 months leadership from football authorities in Scotland would assume they were not worth talking to. Best to just tell them what to do. And that’s what we have got. Today’s interviews on radio set back Scottish football big time. How did we get to the point where Doncaster and Mulraney represent us, as fans we fund Scottish football, to the authorities? 

5 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Yep, unfortunately anyone in government, either Uk or Scotland, looking in on last 6 months leadership from football authorities in Scotland would assume they were not worth talking to. Best to just tell them what to do. And that’s what we have got. Today’s interviews on radio set back Scottish football big time. How did we get to the point where Doncaster and Mulraney represent us, as fans we fund Scottish football, to the authorities? 

Excellent post. Very well put.

2 hours ago, DETTY29 said:

So WM has warned the English public not to expect the relaxing of crowds at sport any time soon and yesterday the Tory Scottish branch chairman held a meeting with clubs to work out a strategy to blame the Scottish government for doing the same.

Talk about conflict of interest.

He's a treacherous creep.

Politicians shouldn't be allowed part time jobs anyway.

He gets more for running the line than some of us have to live on .

I suppose he has to supplement his meagre MPs salary somehow.

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Beast Boy said:

That’s certainly not been my experience. Speaking as someone who has designed some of the online classes for the students, and someone who is putting on practical classes too.

It’s been well reported that many universities have told the students after they got there that courses would be online. https://www.totum.com/news/students-only-told-courses-moved-online-after-paying-thousands-in
You must agree that this couldn’t have been as a shock to the Universities what would happen in halls and freshers week. 

Edited by Pasquale for King

7 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

It’s been well reported that many universities have told the students after they got there that courses would be online. https://www.totum.com/news/students-only-told-courses-moved-online-after-paying-thousands-in
You must agree that this couldn’t have been as a shock to the Universities what would happen in halls and freshers week. 

At our school of the UoE, the students received their timetables about the same time as they normally would. The technologists and the administrators at the teaching office have been working their arses off to get things going. I manage a piece of technology that is integral to online practicals, and I’ve seen the hard work that has went in to making things as good as humanly possible for the students. 

I think any students that thought it was okay to have a ‘normal’ freshers week is a bit lacking in the common sense department.

3 hours ago, Rods said:

I think you have got me wrong.

My point was the SPFL and the SFA should not be anywhere near any high profile decisions concerning public health. Right now the enemy of our enemy is our friend even if it is short term

pain for Hearts fans.

My further point was even if the goverment backed the SPFL/SFA they would turn it against Hearts. 

I have said from the start no fans till after the year at least probably February at the earliest.  

I particularly liked this part of your post. 

"My point was the SPFL and the SFA should not be anywhere near any high profile decisions concerning public health. "

😀 👍  No-where near such things at all. 

It’s pretty obvious that Doncaster and Mulraney were put up to their shenanigans by Tory boy, Douglas Ross. This nonsense about ‘political decisions’ didn’t appear out of thin air. Was sad to see Neil McCann and Michael Stewart take the bait, though no surprise to witness dopey Dick Gordon and ‘Grandad Simpson’ Willie Miller fall into line.

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, Beast Boy said:

At our school of the UoE, the students received their timetables about the same time as they normally would. The technologists and the administrators at the teaching office have been working their arses off to get things going. I manage a piece of technology that is integral to online practicals, and I’ve seen the hard work that has went in to making things as good as humanly possible for the students. 

I think any students that thought it was okay to have a ‘normal’ freshers week is a bit lacking in the common sense department.

Good to know mr old uni is on the ball. 
As you well know others won’t have been as organised or have such hardworking if underpaid staff like yourself and my sister who is a lecturer/tutor. 
As I said the students shouldn’t have needed to be warned about the risks of freshers week at this time.

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, S Form said:

It’s pretty obvious that Doncaster and Mulraney were put up to their shenanigans by Tory boy, Douglas Ross. This nonsense about ‘political decisions’ didn’t appear out of thin air. Was sad to see Neil McCann and Michael Stewart take the bait, though no surprise to witness dopey Dick Gordon and ‘Grandad Simpson’ Willie Miller fall into line.

Stewart now questioning what involvement Ross had in this. 

26 minutes ago, S Form said:

😀 😂 ☺   He was a touch annoying smacking his lips or whatever it was over the radio, mebbe his dentures.   Ha'e a drink o' water man!  Geez. 

40 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Stewart now questioning what involvement Ross had in this. 

Surprise surprise, wannabe politician 😂 trying to score party points. 

Did someone say that these arseholes met or talked with the Scottish Tory leader before today’s latest buck passing exercise?

51 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Good to know mr old uni is on the ball. 
As you well know others won’t have been as organised or have such hardworking if underpaid staff like yourself and my sister who is a lecturer/tutor. 
As I said the students shouldn’t have needed to be warned about the risks of freshers week at this time.

The hard work that people have been putting in is actually quite inspiring. I don’t deserve any praise really. There are guys and gals at my work who do though, and they won’t receive it to any meaningful degree. 

I didn't catch any word of a premeet with a Douglas Ross tory mp.  I caught last 30 minutes roughly.  Just enough to hear Doncaster pelt pish and patter about unfairness. With his political to non clinical decisions spiel. 

18 minutes ago, Beast Boy said:

Did someone say that these arseholes met or talked with the Scottish Tory leader before today’s latest buck passing exercise?

Being rumoured it happened on Friday.

If Ross really wants football being played with fans, he knows full well what needs done and that is the R number reversing its upward trend in Scotland.

Not something I can recall him supporting recently in Scotland.

SpruceBringsteen

If Willie Miller still had a chip shop (reminder that he failed owning one - in Scotland)  he'd probably be coughing on the chips. A ****ing 70 year old imbecile.

Edited by SpruceBringsteen

Geoff Kilpatrick

I had to listen to this, against my better judgement, to hear for myself if they were havering as much pish as people have said above. I shouldn't be gobsmacked but I was. Scottish football truly deserves to die. Morons in leadership and morons in the media.

John Findlay

As a father whose two eldest have been to university and who both got good degrees. Students and COMMONSENSE do not go hand in hand.

The Treasurer
10 hours ago, HMS Jambo said:

There is absolutely no reason why league one and below shouldn't be allowed a reduced number of fans in.

As a regular at Edinburgh City games, they could easily have their average attendance socially distant at Ainslie Park. Make games all ticket and prebook only. Premier and Championship is obviously more of challenge, but I have no doubt it would be no more dangerous than going into any supermarket on any day of the week.

Everyone in a supermarket don't leave at the same time or want to use the toilet at the same time. Most don't use public transport to get to the shop's either. No comparison between football and shopping

20 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

Everyone in a supermarket don't leave at the same time or want to use the toilet at the same time. Most don't use public transport to get to the shop's either. No comparison between football and shopping

Going to supermarket is pretty much a fundamental lifestyle choice too.

I watched the #utd FA Cup highlights and admittedly it went to penalties and notably kids in the crowd, but over 12 but 'social distancing' went to pot. 

The R numbering is increasing in Scotland in the populated 'football heartland' areas.

Interesting though that Ross has gone off script with the UK party.  Admittedly I don't follow a load of politicians on social media and haven't watched the BBC afters of the daily briefing with opposition parties, but the 'unity' of trying to get out of this shitfest has evaporated recently across all opposition parties in the UK.

And again, if true that Ross met with the football authorities and some clubs on Friday , well done to  Doncaster, Petrie, Mulraney (and Ross) and it didn't break till after the Sportsound, for completely out-maneuvering them, again. 

Edited by DETTY29

SectionDJambo
7 hours ago, DETTY29 said:

Being rumoured it happened on Friday.

If Ross really wants football being played with fans, he knows full well what needs done and that is the R number reversing its upward trend in Scotland.

Not something I can recall him supporting recently in Scotland.

That will be the Douglas Ross who is an SFA assistant referee. No bias on his part then, in a rumoured conversation with two mates from his organisation. 

Ross has got previous for putting his football adventures before his duty to his job for his constituents. If he's been stupid enough to coach those two nitwits, he deserves any flak that comes his way if the meeting with them is confirmed as having happened.

Meanwhile, the two nitwits obviously haven't realised they're out of their depth getting into a public argument with Sturgeon. Like her or loathe her, she's way too clever and streetwise for any of the SFA/SPFL board members. They'd have been far better trying to influence her quietly instead of through the Dick.

10 hours ago, HMS Jambo said:

There is absolutely no reason why league one and below shouldn't be allowed a reduced number of fans in.

As a regular at Edinburgh City games, they could easily have their average attendance socially distant at Ainslie Park. Make games all ticket and prebook only. Premier and Championship is obviously more of challenge, but I have no doubt it would be no more dangerous than going into any supermarket on any day of the week.

The learned dentist explained the reason yesterday - you simply cannot reopen everything. Not a very scientific explanation in my mind, but it does add fuel to those who think that there has been a pick and choose approach to what can and cannot open based on the tastes and preferences of the decision makers.  If you live in a bubble and have no interest in football and have no friends who go to games, then the impact will be off your radar.

I agree with what you say. Lower down the English tier clubs are allowed 10% of capacity. Taking Stalybridge Celtic as an example, they have a capacity of 6,000, are allowed crowds of 600 and so far they have been getting gates of just over 300. There has been no issues, spectators simply turn up, there is plenty  room for everyone and once 600 are inside (if ever), the gates close. It is also worth noting that this is in Greater Manchester where there is a stricter lockdown in place.

5 minutes ago, henryheart said:

The learned dentist explained the reason yesterday - you simply cannot reopen everything. Not a very scientific explanation in my mind, but it does add fuel to those who think that there has been a pick and choose approach to what can and cannot open based on the tastes and preferences of the decision makers.  If you live in a bubble and have no interest in football and have no friends who go to games, then the impact will be off your radar.

I agree with what you say. Lower down the English tier clubs are allowed 10% of capacity. Taking Stalybridge Celtic as an example, they have a capacity of 6,000, are allowed crowds of 600 and so far they have been getting gates of just over 300. There has been no issues, spectators simply turn up, there is plenty  room for everyone and once 600 are inside (if ever), the gates close. It is also worth noting that this is in Greater Manchester where there is a stricter lockdown in place.

I reckon the problem up here is that Doncaster and his mates are focussing on getting fans into the SPL games (and specifically old firm) which is a much harder sell right now than persuading the government that 250 Elgin fans can be managed properly. 

If they start with the lower leagues then they can at least prove to the government that it can be done, and THEN you start on the larger supports. We would come into that category of course. 

Edit: Sturgeon may not be a football fan but plenty of politicians are and they are fully aware of what is happening right now. They just don’t trust football to get it right. 

Edited by Nookie Bear

SectionDJambo
18 minutes ago, Beast Boy said:

If this is true about Curious Ross, then it needs to be clarified. 

It would certainly be a strange one, considering his boss is still preventing fans from attending games in England.

3 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

It would certainly be a strange one, considering his boss is still preventing fans from attending games in England.

Don’t want to get too political, but it’s exactly the sort of underhand shit I’d expect from them. 

Prince Buaben

Only caught the last bit of it but what an easy ride they got. 

Gordon mentioned the title sponsor and  Doncaster gave an answer how it's a pandemic and lots of bodies are struggling for them and he is looking into a 2nd tier sponsor too. No further question. Lapped up. 

I'd assume no one asked at the start of we had a contingency plan if season was to to curtailed again. I'm sure EPL announcement they had one and aet a threshold on games played etc.

132goals1958

So Doncaster is now saying that Scotland and the bigot brothers will be at a competitive disadvantage if they are not allowed crowds .That can’t be right he says. Notwithstanding whether it is safe or not to use his logic once again demonstrates what an absolute buffoon the man is 

Pasquale for King
8 hours ago, stevie1874 said:

Surprise surprise, wannabe politician 😂 trying to score party points. 

Which one?

Dusk_Till_Dawn
19 minutes ago, 132goals1958 said:

So Doncaster is now saying that Scotland and the bigot brothers will be at a competitive disadvantage if they are not allowed crowds .That can’t be right he says. Notwithstanding whether it is safe or not to use his logic once again demonstrates what an absolute buffoon the man is 

To move from the ‘financial survival’ argument to ‘competitive argument’ shows what an utter prick Doncaster is. He really is a *****.

19 minutes ago, Prince Buaben said:

Gordon mentioned the title sponsor and  Doncaster gave an answer how it's a pandemic and lots of bodies are struggling for them and he is looking into a 2nd tier sponsor too. No further question. Lapped up. 

I'd assume no one asked at the start of we had a contingency plan if season was to to curtailed again. I'm sure EPL announcement they had one and aet a threshold on games played etc.

Eh..... but wasn't the SPFL without a sponsor before the pandemic started or have I missed something?  

24 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

I reckon the problem up here is that Doncaster and his mates are focussing on getting fans into the SPL games (and specifically old firm) which is a much harder sell right now than persuading the government that 250 Elgin fans can be managed properly. 

If they start with the lower leagues then they can at least prove to the government that it can be done, and THEN you start on the larger supports. We would come into that category of course. 

Edit: Sturgeon may not be a football fan but plenty of politicians are and they are fully aware of what is happening right now. They just don’t trust football to get it right. 

And there is the crux of the problem. Doncaster and his band of ar$eholes are only concentrating on getting fans back into the top division. Like it is in England, I suspect that is a long way off.

All the grounds below Conference level in England are allowed to have fans back in. They are clubs who are averaging less than 500 fans per game. No away fans. My local non league club, Warrington Town have had 3 home games this season with just over 400 fans per game. Yesterday Warrington Rylands had a sell out 300 fans at an FA Cup qualifying game against York City.

There is no reason why the Scottish Government should not be allowing East of Scotland and Highland League fans back into grounds on a limited basis. You could probably include L2 in that equation. L1 becomes a problem with both Patrick and Falkirk in it. Everyone else in there averages less than 500 home fans per game.

The issue then becomes idiots like the Ghreen Brigade or Blue Order. Could they be trusted to socially distance at a game. Could they be trusted not to turn up outside the ground to create an ‘atmosphere’.

Until those in charge of the game take their OF tinted glasses off, fans will not be allowed back in the ground

31 minutes ago, Prince Buaben said:

Still to be decided if the threshold will be at 66% or 75% of games played but decision will be made soon. 

Skivingatwork
5 minutes ago, henryheart said:

Eh..... but wasn't the SPFL without a sponsor before the pandemic started or have I missed something?  

Exactly, why was this point not made by any of the sportsound team who all know this to be true? 

I suspect the answer is that the purpose of this ‘interview’ was merely to provide a platform to the SPFL board to parrot the lines given to them by Lawell and Ross.

Prince Buaben
24 minutes ago, henryheart said:

Yep.. They knew they would be Sponsorless at the end of last season.

Large numbers of people should not be allowed to return to football matches regardless of social distancing measures being put in place... simply because of what happens pre and post match . I did not listen to this prog but read on the BBC site the argument two buffoons put forward to compare people going out for a meal or going to a music concert with a rabble of footy fans finding their collective way to a game... and they are in charge of our game?? I have no doubt at all that there are some football fans who could conduct themselves in a sensible way before and after a football match... but the would be in a small minority, the others would carry on as though there was no such thing as a virus let alone COVID19 .

Edited by jock _turd

I agree that the lower leagues probably operate with a capacity of a couple of hundred spread out. 

Only trouble with that is Doncaster and his cohorts are not interested in the lower leagues. 

They want Ibrox and Parkhead at least a third full so that they can pocket revenue from the group stages of the EL. 

They are not interested in the rest of Scottish football or they would be lobbying for the lower leagues to start as they would have a chance of progress with that approach. 

As for Douglas Ross if he has been interfering his boss in London needs to be having a word with him. Something about batting for both sides. 

How can this be political in Scotland but not in England ? 🤔 

SectionFJambo

Ultimately every decision in this environment re route maps etc. is political. 

This differs from being a politically motivated decision though.

For example if they are given 2 options of similar outcome and 1 is politically advantageous of course that decision will be made.

19 hours ago, DETTY29 said:

I think Mulraney is a 'true blue' so ignoring what happens over border, same or not.

At least Doncaster moaned about the Albert Hall, I don't think Mulraney did.

He's in good company there, so did Hitler...

23 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Dungcaster's bail out was that English clubs have TV money etc that we don't have. 

Well who is that down to ya total fart in a trance. 

If course no grilling from the Dick. That rubber faced fud couldn't grill a pork chop.

In addition to our inadequate tv deal, where are the sponsors for the leagues?  Whose job is it to bring in the sponsors? 🤔

Time to look in the mirror before blaming others for your situation.

10 minutes ago, stevie1874 said:

Wannabe politician & Celtic cheerleader 🤔

Suspect he only got the Celtic TV job because of his public slaying of Traynor. 

Glamorgan Jambo
1 hour ago, merseyjambo said:

And there is the crux of the problem. Doncaster and his band of ar$eholes are only concentrating on getting fans back into the top division. Like it is in England, I suspect that is a long way off.

All the grounds below Conference level in England are allowed to have fans back in. They are clubs who are averaging less than 500 fans per game. No away fans. My local non league club, Warrington Town have had 3 home games this season with just over 400 fans per game. Yesterday Warrington Rylands had a sell out 300 fans at an FA Cup qualifying game against York City.

There is no reason why the Scottish Government should not be allowing East of Scotland and Highland League fans back into grounds on a limited basis. You could probably include L2 in that equation. L1 becomes a problem with both Patrick and Falkirk in it. Everyone else in there averages less than 500 home fans per game.

The issue then becomes idiots like the Ghreen Brigade or Blue Order. Could they be trusted to socially distance at a game. Could they be trusted not to turn up outside the ground to create an ‘atmosphere’.

Until those in charge of the game take their OF tinted glasses off, fans will not be allowed back in the ground

Totally agree. The SFA/SPFL have handled this a*** backwards. Starting with smaller teams and working up is a much more sustainable approach.

Hungry hippo

The guy doing the live updates on BBC website for the Celtic game has described Covid-19 as a poisoned chalice. Think he doesn't know what that means. 

20 minutes ago, Hungry hippo said:

The guy doing the live updates on BBC website for the Celtic game has described Covid-19 as a poisoned chalice. Think he doesn't know what that means. 

Poor CV19, it’s done a remarkable job trying to replace SARS and MERS, but it really is on a hiding to nothing.

52 minutes ago, Hungry hippo said:

I can see the vain attempt at humour but it doesn't work associating with covid. 

Unless I am missing the full context of it.  I get the impression it has to do with Doncaster rambling yesterday. 

For some reason I am compelled to use the phrase:  Dingle Dangle Doncaster.  

Edited by HMFC01

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, stevie1874 said:

Wannabe politician & Celtic cheerleader 🤔

Aa opposed to a delusional erse who’s useless at 3 jobs now but earns over £500k doing so. 

1 hour ago, Glamorgan Jambo said:

Totally agree. The SFA/SPFL have handled this a*** backwards. Starting with smaller teams and working up is a much more sustainable approach.

Alloa fans should be raging at Mulraney for backing everything at the top end about getting games started instead of their own club.

But as ever in Scottish football, everyone has to have not just an OF favourite, but actively want one or the other to win.

Lower league clubs up and the country have boards and committees with that mentality.

Mulraney just screams out Celtic....

'Of course due to any diversity training I may have done, I would never stigmatise someone by just looking at them......'

13 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

Alloa fans should be raging at Mulraney for backing everything at the top end about getting games started instead of their own club.

But as ever in Scottish football, everyone has to have not just an OF favourite, but actively want one or the other to win.

Lower league clubs up and the country have boards and committees with that mentality.

Mulraney just screams out Celtic....

'Of course due to any diversity training I may have done, I would never stigmatise someone by just looking at them......'

He screams Celtic in his actions though anyway. He’s Celticky as **** basically.