Covid protocols - ‘Govt money wanted’

taylor75

13 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Contact sports for adults  to be suspended in the five most affected health board areas, with the exception of professional sports.

Is professional sport (football) limited to the Premiership, the whole of the SPFL or extend to the semi professional game including pyramid and junior clubs? 

It would be ironic in the extreme if the only league that is allowed to continue is the one with the most cases.

My own reading of this is the SPFL is not affected but LL, HL, etc. are.  Not sure how this affects Kelty & Brora in the Betfred.

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Pasquale for King

• Mikey1874

• Nookie Bear

12 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Contact sports for adults  to be suspended in the five most affected health board areas, with the exception of professional sports.

Is professional sport (football) limited to the Premiership, the whole of the SPFL or extend to the semi professional game including pyramid and junior clubs? 

It would be ironic in the extreme if the only league that is allowed to continue is the one with the most cases.

The Premiership is clearly protected above all else.  There's a chance some clubs in the lower leagues could be suspended from playing if recommended I can imagine.  If they only need to test when playing the Premiership.   It sounds complicated to me, but the JRG have it in hand apparently.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-53511877

Greater Glasgow and Clyde, Lothian, Lanarkshire, Tayside and Grampian.  5 most affected areas.

Footballfirst
13 minutes ago, Tasavallan said:

My own reading of this is the SPFL is not affected but LL, HL, etc. are.  Not sure how this affects Kelty & Brora in the Betfred.

Both the HL and LL are represented on the Professional Game Board of the SFA

Hagar the Horrible

The good news is that the pubs will be closed during the OF game,  so house parties will be previlent but that will let the SG know which fans will obay and comply, so when Liewell and Doncaster ask for special arrangments for Celtic who are world leader in containment of this virus as they are doing everything?  Note they cants stop the spread of nits let alone a highy contagoius virus.  And the FM did not offer aid to Football, but lets face it the hospitality industry needs it more and urgently

So Doncaster & Mulraney et al,  get ready for your medicine

8 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Both the HL and LL are represented on the Professional Game Board of the SFA

I agree FF, both SHFL and SLFL are members of the SFA Professional Game Board, but I just feel that with restrictions will be drawn at League 2 by the SPFL.

16 minutes ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

The good news is that the pubs will be closed during the OF game,  so house parties will be previlent but that will let the SG know which fans will obay and comply, so when Liewell and Doncaster ask for special arrangments for Celtic who are world leader in containment of this virus as they are doing everything?  Note they cants stop the spread of nits let alone a highy contagoius virus.  And the FM did not offer aid to Football, but lets face it the hospitality industry needs it more and urgently

So Doncaster & Mulraney et al,  get ready for your medicine

You would like to think that perhaps as a gesture of good faith both clubs will publicly encourage their fans not to meet up in each others households to watch the game........

19 minutes ago, Beast Boy said:

Over a thousand new cases, and folk think we should be trying to reopen football stadia. Brilliant. :lol:

but but but, the greatest football game in the world needs fans

1 hour ago, HMFC01 said:

I am sure they've got plenty players that can step in.   

Just recall all the players they have loaned Dundee.

;)

1 minute ago, milky_26 said:

but but but, the greatest football game in the world needs fans

****ing madness, eh? Curious George is a desperate man.

2 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

Sorry, the JRG asked the government to put forward a proposal?

The brass neck on these chancers. 

I heard Jason Leitch ages ago say that they were trying to manage 1000s of industries and that they (the industries) know their clientele better than anyone, so it was up to them to put the time and effort (he put it more politically) in to come up with proposals that the experts will validate and support.

Now that may or may not be the correct approach.  Indeed I'd have no qualms with anyone arguing that Leitch has it the wrong way round.  But this should not have been news to the football authorities when Fitzpatrick said what he did on Monday.

I'm sure there is a lot of work going on in the background with the JRG, but I wouldn't be surprised that there focus is all wrong and their key strap line is ' we are football and we are head of the queue'

Edited by DETTY29

Footballfirst
9 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

I heard Jason Leitch ages ago say that they were trying to manage 1000s of industries and that they (the industries) know their clientele better than anyone, so it was up to them to put the time and effort (he put it more politically) in to come up with proposals that the experts will validate and support.

Now that may or may not be the correct approach.  Indeed I'd have no qualms with anyone arguing that Leitch has it the wrong way round.  But this should not have been news to the football authorities when Fitzpatrick said what he did on Monday.

I'm sure there is a lot of work going on in the background with the JRG, but I wouldn't be surprised that there focus is all wrong and their key strap line is ' we are football and we are head of the queue'

It is up to the Government to say what risks have to be mitigated, i.e. close physical contact, transmission from surfaces, track and protect, access / egress controls etc. It is then up to the JRG to come up with solutions to those risks.

3 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

It is up to the Government to say what risks have to be mitigated, i.e. close physical contact, transmission from surfaces, track and protect, access / egress controls etc. It is then up to the JRG to come up with solutions to those risks.

Thanks FF,

I don't know why but I deleted a line about an SG straw man around protocols needing adhered too.

Well I do in case it was construed as ' the SG only provide a straw man, surely it is very detailed. 

I reckon the SPFL would be happy for a full house at the old firm game, let Scotland deal with the fall out , and then hope things have settled down before the next old firm game. 

The rest of us are cannon fodder. 

highlandjambo3
55 minutes ago, Beast Boy said:

Over a thousand new cases, and folk think we should be trying to reopen football stadia. Brilliant. :lol:

All Football will be kicked into touch in the next 2 weeks.....imo 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
24 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

I reckon the SPFL would be happy for a full house at the old firm game, let Scotland deal with the fall out , and then hope things have settled down before the next old firm game. 

The rest of us are cannon fodder. 

This. Would definitely be happy to risk everything on that fixture.

The Treasurer
1 hour ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Contact sports for over 18s stopped, apart from professional sports. Not sure if that covers Scottish football

Interesting story about Armstrong on sportsound the now.   He had two tests, one on Monday which was negative, then today he had a UEFA test which was positive.   I am not verbatim on all of it but it's right about the two tests.  Quite a gap, first test was at the oriam by the way. 

Edit.  Scotland oriam test Monday then Wednesday was a UEFA supplementary test. 

Lothian health protection team identified Tierney and Christie as close contacts.  Also a physio and a masseur. 

Edited by HMFC01

6 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

Contact sports for over 18s stopped, apart from professional sports. Not sure if that covers Scottish football

😂😂😂

11 minutes ago, jambocub said:

What's it saying?

Edited it.  Arsenal not happy about Tierney 😂. They are investigating it.   Keredine reporting it the now. 

Edited by HMFC01

1 hour ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Whatever it takes. Can’t believe folk are thinking we should be letting 100s or 1000s in to stadia when we’ve just had over a thousand new cases in 24 hours. Idiotic imo, and clearly the Curious George at Scot Tory HQ knows his demographic well.

Footballfirst

Arsenal statement

https://www.arsenal.com/news/club-statement-kieran-tierney

The Scottish FA have today announced that Southampton player Stuart Armstrong has returned a positive test for COVID-19 while on international duty with the Scotland men's national team.

Within the announcement, the SFA confirmed that all other members of the squad have returned negative results.

However, the Lothian Health Protection Team in Scotland have identified two players and two members of the backroom staff as 'close contacts'. As a consequence, our defender Kieran Tierney and Celtic player Ryan Christie - along with one physiotherapist and one masseur - have been advised they will require to self-isolate for 14 days as of yesterday (Tuesday, October 8).

Our medical team have confirmed that Kieran was socially distant at all times from the player who tested positive and has broken no rules regarding COVID-19 protocols. We are currently seeking further advice and clarification of the details.

Kieran has also been in touch and has said: "I'm so disappointed and frustrated to be in this situation. I have adhered to all regulations and made sure I was socially distancing from my team mates in the hotel. I've also tested negative. I know Arsenal and the SFA are now in discussions with the Scottish authorities to gain a further understanding."

I'm intrigued to know how the Arsenal medical team have established that Tierney was "socially distant at all times"

Edited by Footballfirst

Dusk_Till_Dawn
2 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Arsenal statement

https://www.arsenal.com/news/club-statement-kieran-tierney

The Scottish FA have today announced that Southampton player Stuart Armstrong has returned a positive test for COVID-19 while on international duty with the Scotland men's national team.

Within the announcement, the SFA confirmed that all other members of the squad have returned negative results.

However, the Lothian Health Protection Team in Scotland have identified two players and two members of the backroom staff as 'close contacts'. As a consequence, our defender Kieran Tierney and Celtic player Ryan Christie - along with one physiotherapist and one masseur - have been advised they will require to self-isolate for 14 days as of yesterday (Tuesday, October 8).

Our medical team have confirmed that Kieran was socially distant at all times from the player who tested positive and has broken no rules regarding COVID-19 protocols. We are currently seeking further advice and clarification of the details.

Kieran has also been in touch and has said: "I'm so disappointed and frustrated to be in this situation. I have adhered to all regulations and made sure I was socially distancing from my team mates in the hotel. I've also tested negative. I know Arsenal and the SFA are now in discussions with the Scottish authorities to gain a further understanding."

I'm intrigued to know how the Arsenal medical team have established that Tierney was "socially distant at all times"

Embarrassing for the SFA though, which is

:pleasing:

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Got to laugh at the SFA’s tweet earlier “it should have been a sold out clash tomorrow”

Dream on :lol: Scotland tickets have never been easier to get

Pasquale for King
12 hours ago, John Findlay said:

Eduardo getting Covid just maybe the excuse they are looking for to get the game called off, seeing as no supporters will be allowed in.

Does leave the tricky situation with Sky though as it was due to be shown live by them.

Let's see how the rules are circumnavigated/bent for this one.

They’ve got the Scouse derby on at the same time, who the **** in their right mind would watch the uglies over that 😆

SectionDJambo

I take it that Lothian Health Board are involved because Scotland are training at the Oriam. Hearts should insist on the SFA deep cleaning the whole complex so that none of our players become infected. We'll get zero sympathy from the JRG if any of our players test positive after the Scotland squad leave and we go back in.

I'm kind of surprised they've not blamed Hearts yet.

I'm not surprised that things are so bad.  I saw your Prime Minister giving really complex advice such as the importance of washing your hands.

Doesn't he know that people in places like leith and Glasgow wouldn't have a clue what he was talking about.

Shanks said no

Sounds like the magical track and trace app has highlighted the players through the hotel room wall from Armstrong. Always was a fundamental flaw on the system, as highlighted earlier this week when neighbours in a flat / tenement were told to isolate despite not meeting each other for 15 minutes and within 2m.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-54418278

Edited by The Frenchman Returns

Lone Striker

It's possible (even likely) that Hearts could end up with players testing positive  at some point....... and obviously we don't want anyone to suffer serious or long-terms health issues after contracting Covid ..... but until then, the mayhem starting to engulf   "elite"   Scottish football is :glorious:

Popcorn time.  :jambobanana:

Lone Striker
3 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

That's true.   But at a base level, the risk which the SG are trying to control  involves large groups of people spending several minutes  in close proximity and not adhering to  rules  such as wearing face masks, no shouting, no singing, no queueing etc. 

Is there really anything which the JRG could come up with as a solution to allow a few thousand fans into the OF game which a 10 year-old child couldn't pick holes in ?

Edited by Lone Striker

A Statement from the East Region SJFA

At the Association’s Management Committee meeting last evening attended by representatives of the SJFA, North and East Region delegates, WoSFL delegates and Regional Secretaries it was unanimously agreed that the targeted start date for football in the North and East Regions would be the 21 November 2020 - under the current restrictions if necessary eg No spectators/ No changing facility access. (Please note that there are discussions ongoing at present on a relaxation of the criteria on both of these subjects)
It was further agreed that this decision would continue to be reviewed in line with any further Scottish Government announcements before then together with a review by the Association/Regions by the 7th November.
Hopefully this will allow clubs to focus their preparations as best they can given the ongoing and changing climate.

Footballfirst
2 hours ago, Tasavallan said:

A Statement from the East Region SJFA

At the Association’s Management Committee meeting last evening attended by representatives of the SJFA, North and East Region delegates, WoSFL delegates and Regional Secretaries it was unanimously agreed that the targeted start date for football in the North and East Regions would be the 21 November 2020 - under the current restrictions if necessary eg No spectators/ No changing facility access. (Please note that there are discussions ongoing at present on a relaxation of the criteria on both of these subjects)
It was further agreed that this decision would continue to be reviewed in line with any further Scottish Government announcements before then together with a review by the Association/Regions by the 7th November.
Hopefully this will allow clubs to focus their preparations as best they can given the ongoing and changing climate.

We have had no update from the SFA since the new restrictions from yesterday so until we hear anything, its business as usual

Hearing the SFA board met this afternoon and have reached a decision - more news as soon as it's available.

Footballfirst

A curious SFA statement

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/news/england-under-19s-v-scotland-under-19s-match-abandoned/?rid=13925

Thursday 8 October 2020

We can confirm Scotland U19s match against England at St. George's Park this afternoon was abandoned in the first half as a precaution in line with COVID-19 protocol. We are not in a position to comment further at this time.

EDIT: Cammy Logan was on the bench.

Edited by Footballfirst

2 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

A curious SFA statement

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/news/england-under-19s-v-scotland-under-19s-match-abandoned/?rid=13925

Thursday 8 October 2020

We can confirm Scotland U19s match against England at St. George's Park this afternoon was abandoned in the first half as a precaution in line with COVID-19 protocol. We are not in a position to comment further at this time.

Interesting. 🧐

8 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Interesting. 🧐

Probably due to soneone at the game.  But England full squad have also been based at venue. 

Edited by Mikey1874

jamboinglasgow
9 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

A curious SFA statement

Thursday 8 October 2020

A member of backroom staff had tested positive (not been said which side) and it appears they only found out in the first half

Footballfirst

Clarity at last from the SFA re the pyramid and other games this weekend.

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/news/scottish-fa-statement-on-new-government-guidelines/?rid=13929

Please note, Scottish Government have advised of an exemption for professional sport. This covers teams who take part in the following competitions - Scottish Professional Football League, Highland League, Lowland League, SWF PL 1 & 2, West of Scotland Leagues, East of Scotland Leagues, South of Scotland League, North Caledonian League and SJFA Leagues. These competitions can continue in line with relevant guidance and protocols. This exemption also covers Scotland National Team fixtures at Men’s A, SWNT and Under-21 level.

Edited by Footballfirst

Footballfirst

So it was Billy Stark who was positive with the U19s

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/news/billy-stark-tests-positive-for-covid-19/?rid=13929

Thursday 8 October 2020

Further to our earlier statement regarding the International Friendly Match between Scotland and England under-19s, the Scottish FA can clarify the situation that led to the abandonment of the game.

The under-19s squad and backroom team all delivered negative COVID-19 tests on Sunday to enable them to play in today’s match against England.

Three players based in England joined-up with the squad yesterday – and they and the rest of the squad were tested again with a view to Sunday’s second match.

The three players had been in isolation and had no contact with anyone else. None the less, despite testing negative during Sunday’s test, the head coach, Billy Stark, returned a positive test for COVID-19 this afternoon.

The result of the second test was immediately relayed to the under-19 team manager and the game was abandoned immediately, in line with established COVID-19 protocol.

Billy will now travel home in isolation and will self-isolate for 10 days. The playing group and the rest of the backroom team will undertake precautionary self-isolation for 14 days, whilst the Scottish Government undertakes a formal risk assessment to assess who Stark was in close contact with during the camp.

Scotland Under-19s game against England on Sunday has now been postponed along with the scheduled Under-17s match at St. George’s Park on Saturday.

We apologise to The FA for any inconvenience caused and reiterate our commitment to the health and safety of all our international players and staff.

Edited by Footballfirst

Perth to Paisley
On 07/10/2020 at 20:15, The Frenchman Returns said:

Sounds like the magical track and trace app has highlighted the players through the hotel room wall from Armstrong. Always was a fundamental flaw on the system, as highlighted earlier this week when neighbours in a flat / tenement were told to isolate despite not meeting each other for 15 minutes and within 2m.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-54418278

John, (not his real name...not a real story  either??

The app doesn't tell you the index case - every chance the ping was a consequence of their direct contacts.

Because it's on the BBC doesn't make it true.

Jason Leitch in answering a question from Tam Cowan just now said one way of starting to get fans back in would be to limit access to season ticket holders who live locally. So travel is limited. 

11 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Jason Leitch in answering a question from Tam Cowan just now said one way of starting to get fans back in would be to limit access to season ticket holders who live locally. So travel is limited. 

That 80% of OF ST holders goosed