Covid protocols - ‘Govt money wanted’

taylor75

15 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

Dear ND & MM

Which part of 12,872 new cases and 49 deaths in the UK (764 and 4 in Scotland) don't you understand.

Regards

A concerned football fan

Well said.  The pair of them shouldn't be in charge of a tombola stall never mind Scottish football.  Pair of inept charlatans.

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Pasquale for King

• Mikey1874

• Nookie Bear

1 hour ago, DETTY29 said:

Alloa fans should be raging at Mulraney for backing everything at the top end about getting games started instead of their own club.

But as ever in Scottish football, everyone has to have not just an OF favourite, but actively want one or the other to win.

Lower league clubs up and the country have boards and committees with that mentality.

Mulraney just screams out Celtic....

'Of course due to any diversity training I may have done, I would never stigmatise someone by just looking at them......'

This is spot on. 

Fans of clubs outwith the OF should be looking at the motives of Doncaster. 

His plan is to blame the Scottish goverment until such time as he gets Celtic fans through the door and by proxy Rangers fans then the rest can do whatever. 

The SFA/SPFL are old firm centric no doubt but it’s actually getting worse. They are openly looking out for the OF but no one is asking why. No one is asking why because they have distractions this time it’s the SG earlier in the year it was big bad Hearts.

So we now have some lower league clubs complaining that they could play with a small set number of fans, such as Alloa.

Well you voted to start the Championship* in October in the hope if getting notably 3k to 4k Hearts fans inside your stadium.

Well if you had started earlier and lobbied the JRG to start bottom up you migh just have got your c.10% in by now.  Instead until March you are getting eff all too.

*And L1 clubs wanting Falkirk and PT fans.

Delighted we still have no sight of fans at games in Scotland.  The longer this goes on the less money clubs will have.  

cant be long now until some of them have to fold.

:jjyay:

Shame. 

11 minutes ago, Shanks said:

Delighted we still have no sight of fans at games in Scotland.  The longer this goes on the less money clubs will have.  

Shame. 

This is how I feel as well, this whole expulsion debacle has made me plenty bitter, I have lost all interest in Scottish football, except for my beloved Hearts of course and only wish harm on all but a handful of clubs, I don't even check SPL scores anymore!

24 minutes ago, Shanks said:

Shame. 

Yep.  The only SPFL clubs that don't have business models largely dependent on away fans will be those currently occupying the top four slots.  All the others rely on plenty away fan coin from us and those four clubs.
Below the SPFL, all clubs will be missing home and away attendance apart from us.
Long may it continue.

kirkierobroy

Mulraney's and Doncaster's comments breathtaking. You get the impression neither of them have watched any news for months. It did sound a bit Tory-sourced though I think it's a little tinfoil-hattish to suspect Ross the Toryref as putting them up to it. May be wrong, though.

41 minutes ago, kirkierobroy said:

Mulraney's and Doncaster's comments breathtaking. You get the impression neither of them have watched any news for months. It did sound a bit Tory-sourced though I think it's a little tinfoil-hattish to suspect Ross the Toryref as putting them up to it. May be wrong, though.

Nothing would surprise me. Even if Ross got a consultant fee for it!

2 hours ago, gator said:

This is how I feel as well, this whole expulsion debacle has made me plenty bitter, I have lost all interest in Scottish football, except for my beloved Hearts of course and only wish harm on all but a handful of clubs, I don't even check SPL scores anymore!

exactly how I feel.  I’ve absolutely zero interest in anything to do with Scottish football. Only want to watch my club at Tynecastle. Couldn’t give a crap about any other games , leagues, national side etc etc. It’s really all dead to me and like others really hoping certain clubs end up going tits up

joondalupjambo

The SG should play the bottom up card.  Yes bring in 100 / 200 etc. fans to the lower leagues in areas with low covid cases and transmission rates.  Happy to support 100 folk into Brora home games but you can GTF if you think 6000 are getting into CP or Ibrox.  Make that a public offer and see what the SFA's response to that is.   Also good political delaying tactic which will take us well past the 17th October and the first OF derby.

That whole episode on sportsound yesterday had only one purpose. These guys don’t really care about getting fans into all matches they are just bumping their gums in a desperate attempt to get fans into Parkhead in two weeks time for the first Old Firm game of the season.  I’d imagine the Scot gov will see through their attempts. 

10 minutes ago, joondalupjambo said:

The SG should play the bottom up card.  Yes bring in 100 / 200 etc. fans to the lower leagues in areas with low covid cases and transmission rates.  Happy to support 100 folk into Brora home games but you can GTF if you think 6000 are getting into CP or Ibrox.  Make that a public offer and see what the SFA's response to that is.   Also good political delaying tactic which will take us well past the 17th October and the first OF derby.

The SG won't make that offer.  Especially just now with nothing opening up.

It's up to the JRG to listen to advice and then go to the SG with a plan.

Away back in April Petrie was on Sportsound saying that all focus and resources had to be on the top league and then work your way down and organised school games may even be years away.

Thankfully that hasn't happened.

Fitba' broke my Heart
13 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

Away back in April Petrie was on Sportsound saying that all focus and resources had to be on the top league and then work your way down and organised school games may even be years away.

That from the Chief Executive of the SFA, whose remit is.....

well I went looking for the values and reasons why the SFA exist and why their employees are so committed.

I found these, the core values that define the SFA in 2020.

1. We are committed to the principles of development and fair play and expect everyone in the Game to do the same.

2. We are ambitious and we do all that we can to fulfil ours and the game's potential.

3. We respect each other and the football family overall. Diversity brings success.

4. We promote and cultivate a positive and inclusive team ethic both internally and externally. Togetherness is our strength.

Vaporous shite the lot of it.

Not forgetting the four strategic pillars:

•    Perform and Win
•    Strong Quality Growth
•    Better financial returns
•    Respected and Trusted to Lead

Easy to understand why those that are in charge are in charge with values like these. 

2 hours ago, Shanks said:

Shame. 

I'm not. If fans aren't getting in it means that Covid-19 is still seen as a big issue. I want to be able to sit in my seat at Tynecastle, but I cannot see it happening for some time as there appears to be no end in sight to us being lectured to as if we are all naughty school children by so called experts who are fumbling around in the dark with no Plan A, never mind Plan B; they are just making it up as they go along.  The way things are going means you may get your wish.

joondalupjambo
35 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

Probably not but I am only suggesting that they could.  Do you not think the SG could easily feed that move to the JRG behind closed doors via various methods and put pressure on them saying it is that or nothing for now. Then if it is rejected behind closed doors the SG could easily leak to the press saying they were surprised that the SFA did not come up with any options for a plan when a sensible way forward could be bottom up due to numbers in attendance.

Football is all about politics just as much as about anything else.  They might not like it but the SG have the upper hand here and so they need to get off their high horse, back off and get real otherwise they are peeing against the wind.  As I say only my thoughts and a suggestion but one that others feel might be a way forward when you read other comments.  As you say may never happen but one can only hope.

Edited by joondalupjambo

23 minutes ago, joondalupjambo said:

Probably not but I am only suggesting that they could.  Do you not think the SG could easily feed that move to the JRG behind closed doors via various methods and put pressure on them saying it is that or nothing for now. Then if it is rejected behind closed doors the SG could easily leak to the press saying they were surprised that the SFA did not come up with any options for a plan when a sensible way forward could be bottom up due to numbers in attendance.

Football is all about politics just as much as about anything else.  They might not like it but the SG have the upper hand here and so they need to get off their high horse, back off and get real otherwise they are peeing against the wind.  As I say only my thoughtd and a suggestion but one that others feel might be a way forward when you read other comments.

The more I think of it, we really have went the wrong way and it should have been the bottom up.

And the SG do now need a cute response now that it is the SFA-SPFL-ROSS have politicised it.

The language yesterday initially 'what about Scotland, Rangers, Celtic' imo was clear politicization led by Ross.  I'm only surprised the Celtic Rangers game in a fortnight wasn't mentioned. 

BCD or a handful of fans, that game is a super-spreader risk, which could put the country, opening back up and football - major events back months.  This is a highly irresponsible move by the 3.  We should be asking people to watch from home and not sharehouseholds

And in fairness for Edinburgh our semi final is one too, which may mean any numbers in the Tynecastle suites are limited, if used at all.

Edited by DETTY29

Guest ToqueJambo
18 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Jason Leitch answers questions from the BBC

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54408588

“There is risk and we hope clubs will take that very seriously. We've brought back contact sports outside for adults - five-a-side football, for example - and we've not seen big outbreaks there so I'm confident if we do it right, we can do it safely, but it won't be risk free."

effectively bracketing the second tier of the national football league in with 5 a side teams.

What a joke.

23 hours ago, My name is Roy said:

I get that, my point is they are powerless to do anything of real and lasting value. They exercised all the power they had in relegating us. That miniscule powerbase does need changed however.The governing bodies of scottish football are wearing the emperors new clothes. Welcome to the future. Clubs will fold, jobs will be lost and im affraid that i dont know what the future will hold. 

Lucky white heather

Get your lucky white heather!

No amount of white heather will help. 

Scottish football is leaving everyone in no doubt that it's corrupt, however, it's a lot worse than that. They are blazing the trail in Scotland when it comes to encouraging feeling good about kicking people when they are down and those that are taking the kicking to just roll over and take it. It is our national game for **** sake. What bigger platform could they have.

They know Scottish football supporters will come back even when they know they are caring about, immersing themselves in, and throwing money at a thing that is not only oppenley kicking people when they are down, but they, along with the MSM (remember the bage and the knife dripping with blood) are also encouraging everyone else to take a run and kick at the helpless.  Did I mention everyone knowing they are corrupt and rotten to the core. Would they have gotten away with this in 1946? 56? ****no. Why? Why now? Read the book The Fourth Turning, once you have, read the book Rules for Radicals. After that, have a look around.     

Knowledge will do the trick as long as it doesn't have you running for the Hills. Passing the knowledge on, nowadays, is where the bravery comes in. I can help with the knowledge. The second part is up to you.  

Again, The fourth turning and then Rules for Radicals. 👍

4 hours ago, Shanks said:

Shame. 

Correct 

If Hearts fans believe that the SFA/SPFL are screaming about getting fans into the stadium for all clubs they have not been paying attention the last 6 months.

Every turn they have hammered us. I have no doubt if fans are allowed back in they will find a way to prevent Hearts getting fans in 

The SPFL/SFA only are interested in the top league and in the main the old firm. 

They are not on our side. 

Footballfirst
Just now, davemclaren said:

Do our players will have to arrive and leave in their kit. 

No, because Hearts are part of the testing "bubble" regime.

Hagar the Horrible

So Jason has pretty much confirmed there won't be full house this season. Let's see how many top 12 clubs have budgeted for this. League 2 should be ok

2 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

That whole episode on sportsound yesterday had only one purpose. These guys don’t really care about getting fans into all matches they are just bumping their gums in a desperate attempt to get fans into Parkhead in two weeks time for the first Old Firm game of the season.  I’d imagine the Scot gov will see through their attempts. 

This. It was actually quite a pathetic listen. 

Geoff Kilpatrick
23 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

No, because Hearts are part of the testing "bubble" regime.

AKA professional football.

Geoff Kilpatrick

I hope parking around Gorgie is as horrendous as normal on matchdays. It would be hilarious if our two-bit opponents had to park a couple of miles away while dressed in their kit!

Lone Striker
2 hours ago, joondalupjambo said:

Totally agree with that plan.  👍   There's a fair chance that Sturgeon & Leitch will go down that route actually ....... but not yet.   As you say, the longer it drags out the better. 

Yesterday's comments from Doncaster (on BBC football site) have got my blood boiling (again) - absolutely disgraceful.     

"Celtic and Rangers will be playing against teams in Portugal, France, Belgium, with fans in the stadium cheering on their clubs."      Such a shame  when the tables are turned, eh.   

"Norway had announced there would no fans at the play-off final if they get past Serbia, and have now done a U-turn"      Tough - Take your  medicine !!!.

"So our clubs will clearly be at a big competitive disadvantage. That can't be right."      OUR CLUBS !!!     

The man clearly sees absolutely nothing wrong with the 10 premier clubs  playing in front of 50k  unwashed bigots in Glasgow singing their bile, with only a few hundred of their own fans allowed into a corner.    Can that be right, Neil ?

2 hours ago, Fitba' broke my Heart said:

well I went looking for the values and reasons why the SFA exist and why their employees are so committed.

1. We are committed to the principles of development and fair play and expect everyone in the Game to do the same.

2. We are ambitious and we do all that we can to fulfil ours and the game's potential.

3. We respect each other and the football family overall. Diversity brings success.

4. We promote and cultivate a positive and inclusive team ethic both internally and externally. Togetherness is our strength.

•    Perform and Win

Easy to understand why those that are in charge are in charge with values like these. 

And here’s what Peter Lawwell thinks the remit of the SFA should be...

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.bbc.com/sport/amp/football/43016452

“Clearly, we're a big club in Scotland and the SFA or whoever's around there, it would be wise for them to have the opinion not just of Celtic but other big clubs within Scotland in terms of where the direction is."

Lawwell was asked if he would want Scottish Professional Football League chief executive Neil Doncaster to replace Regan at the SFA.

"Neil is a very able guy," said Lawwell.

"Under pretty difficult circumstances over the years at the SPFL, he's done a very good job but I would prefer Neil Doncaster on that basis to remain at the SPFL and continue that work because there are challenges ahead."

Jason Leitch. beautiful. At Johnstone, Hamilton, Ross County, St.Mirren etc  - take your medicine and 🔥 🔥 burn

Do you believe we will see stadiums at full capacity this season?

It is now over six months since a crowd bigger than 300 fans watched a football match in Scotland. Will that change in the next six months?

"I don't think we'll see full capacity stadiums this season. I think we'll see crowds before next summer but not full stadiums, I don't think."

Guest ToqueJambo

4 hours ago, Lone Striker said:

Totally agree with that plan.  👍   There's a fair chance that Sturgeon & Leitch will go down that route actually ....... but not yet.   As you say, the longer it drags out the better. 

Yesterday's comments from Doncaster (on BBC football site) have got my blood boiling (again) - absolutely disgraceful.     

"Celtic and Rangers will be playing against teams in Portugal, France, Belgium, with fans in the stadium cheering on their clubs."      Such a shame  when the tables are turned, eh.   

"Norway had announced there would no fans at the play-off final if they get past Serbia, and have now done a U-turn"      Tough - Take your  medicine !!!.

"So our clubs will clearly be at a big competitive disadvantage. That can't be right."      OUR CLUBS !!!     

The man clearly sees absolutely nothing wrong with the 10 premier clubs  playing in front of 50k  unwashed bigots in Glasgow singing their bile, with only a few hundred of their own fans allowed into a corner.    Can that be right, Neil ?

Did he really talk about "competitive advantage" and say "That can't be right" after the summer he's presided over?

10 hours ago, Fitba' broke my Heart said:

•    Perform and Win

If Private Eye were to satarise Scottish football governance by conjuring up a list of management consultancy BS that was the polar opposite of reality then that's what they'd come up with. Simultaneously hilarious and head-shakingly tragic. Probably cost a small fortune to boot - I'm imagining a week-long shindig at a 5-star hotel for a team of consultants and blazers.

11 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

I hope parking around Gorgie is as horrendous as normal on matchdays. It would be hilarious if our two-bit opponents had to park a couple of miles away while dressed in their kit!

Good idea. Reminds me of when Sinclair got left behind by the Celtic bus 🤣

John Findlay
10 hours ago, Beast Boy said:

And here’s what Peter Lawwell thinks the remit of the SFA should be...

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.bbc.com/sport/amp/football/43016452

“Clearly, we're a big club in Scotland and the SFA or whoever's around there, it would be wise for them to have the opinion not just of Celtic but other big clubs within Scotland in terms of where the direction is."

Lawwell was asked if he would want Scottish Professional Football League chief executive Neil Doncaster to replace Regan at the SFA.

"Neil is a very able guy," said Lawwell.

"Under pretty difficult circumstances over the years at the SPFL, he's done a very good job but I would prefer Neil Doncaster on that basis to remain at the SPFL and continue that work because there are challenges ahead."

Peter Lawell, we Celtic want to run the SFA.

I already run Doncaster at the SPFL.

His christmas wish, is to run the SG.

Lawell must hate having to deal with women who are in charge.

Still no formal confirmation if Ross held a meeting with the authorities on Friday.

Going to look stupid if he hadn't.  :)

BBC Sportsound incompetent and out maneuvered if he did.  Or biased if continuing not to report. 

Edited by DETTY29

2 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Peter Lawell, we Celtic want to run the SFA.

I already run Doncaster at the SPFL.

His christmas wish, is to run the SG.

Lawell must hate having to deal with women who are in charge.

It was a VERY telling interview, don’t you think? From way back when Regan was ousted. Lawwell was making moves at the time, with his Queen Doncaster being his main weapon.

2 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

Still no formal confirmation if Ross held a meeting with the authorities on Friday.

Going to look stupid if he hadn't:)

BBC Sportsound incompetent and out maneuvered if hw did.  Or biased if continuing not to report. 

Who is?

4 minutes ago, Beast Boy said:

Who is?

I think Michael Stewart broke it first.

And then anyone else who has taken it as gospel, me included.

jamboinglasgow

Keith Jackson in the daily record

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/margaret-ferrier-puts-spfl-breaches-22790958

What a load of nonsense. The reason why Doncaster and Mulraney et al are trying to turn pressure up on the government (not that the government doesn't deserve some criticism) is because of incompetence in Scottish football, from the authorities to chairmen, who bet on everything back to normal (or more normal than has been) by October despite all the medical advice. Who wanted the Scottish cup semi finals with fans, National team games with fans, Old Firm with fans and normal games with fans. Rather than adjust budgets and properly plan for the worst case, they gambled for the best case and are now pushing to re-open because they messed up (even if it could cause health issues.) And they are using they loyal journalists (such as Jackson) to hope to put more pressure on the government.

The cheek of the article is this paragraph

"Scottish football isn’t asking for everything. On the contrary, the reason it’s finally standing up for itself is precisely because it’s being given nothing. Without some sort of compromise this uneasy stand-off could end with more bad blood being spilled."

I think the phrase, "take your medicine" comes to mind reading that last paragraph. No sympathy at all for these charlatans and crooks.

The Old Tolbooth

You'd think at least one person, maybe just the one person who works for the SPFHELL or the GFA, would have actually looked at the stats of the last pandemic we had, and how long it lasted, and had the common sense to factor in that fans won't be returning to stadiums any time soon, it absolutely beggars belief that they thought this would all be blown over and gone in just 6 or 7 months, the short sightedness is absolutely staggering and they deserve all that's about to happen to both themselves, and clubs as a result who hung on their every word. 

Football fans cannot be trusted to stay socially distanced inside a stadium, especially at a game like Celtic v Rangers, can you imagine if Celtic score a goal? Are all their fans just going to sit there and clap their hands and not do anything else? Aye right then! Those pushing for this to happen are complete idiots in my book, and to play the "unfair" card, is absolutely glorious. 

Take Your Medicine GIFs | Tenor

19 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/margaret-ferrier-puts-spfl-breaches-22790958

What a load of nonsense. The reason why Doncaster and Mulraney et al are trying to turn pressure up on the government (not that the government doesn't deserve some criticism) is because of incompetence in Scottish football, from the authorities to chairmen, who bet on everything back to normal (or more normal than has been) by October despite all the medical advice. Who wanted the Scottish cup semi finals with fans, National team games with fans, Old Firm with fans and normal games with fans. Rather than adjust budgets and properly plan for the worst case, they gambled for the best case and are now pushing to re-open because they messed up (even if it could cause health issues.) And they are using they loyal journalists (such as Jackson) to hope to put more pressure on the government.

"Scottish football isn’t asking for everything. On the contrary, the reason it’s finally standing up for itself is precisely because it’s being given nothing. Without some sort of compromise this uneasy stand-off could end with more bad blood being spilled."

I think the phrase, "take your medicine" comes to mind reading that last paragraph. No sympathy at all for these charlatans and crooks.

In true Scottish Football fashion it is all a case of 

WHATABOUTERY

no more no less as it is how things are done 

John Findlay
34 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

It was giving preferential treatment to start up when it did, so that it could fulfil its side of the Sky tv contract. Rather conveniently forgotten by the Lawells, Doncasters, Mulreaneys and their sycophant journalists in all this.

As pointed out to them by Jason Leitch in his extensive interview with the BBC.

Hagar the Horrible
11 minutes ago, 7628mm said:

In true Scottish Football fashion it is all a case of 

WHATABOUTERY

no more no less as it is how things are done 

They used cinemas as an example of whataboutery and guess what the biggest chain still wants to mothball, for 6 months

Doncaster is having a meeting today with the SG to beg for fans back in, after compromising his possition by saying its all politacal.

He could not do a worst job if he was to deal with brexit, and he goosestep around the meeting room screaming dont mention the war, while throwing onions at the french wearing a berret and wonder why the meeting decended into chaos,  it waz zee geermens and the froggy frogs fault.

Why does sportsound give him an easier ride than the cardigan?

Footballfirst

Football would be able to make a better argument to the Scottish Government if it didn't base its case on the 12 Elite clubs who have already been given the concession of being able to play and earn money from TV in advance of similar businesses.

The stronger argument is a group of 200+ small businesses (semi professional clubs) that are now able to open (play) with restrictions on off field facilities, but not yet able to accommodate paying customers.  Those 200 businesses are mainly the ones in towns and villages that do offer a service to their local communities.   

Hagar the Horrible
23 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Football would be able to make a better argument to the Scottish Government if it didn't base its case on the 12 Elite clubs who have already been given the concession of being able to play and earn money from TV in advance of similar businesses.

The stronger argument is a group of 200+ small businesses (semi professional clubs) that are now able to open (play) with restrictions on off field facilities, but not yet able to accommodate paying customers.  Those 200 businesses are mainly the ones in towns and villages that do offer a service to their local communities.   

No other industry in tatters like theatres,  leasure, including gyms, pubs and cinemas.  Fans pay up from for the whole year, then there is TV and sponsorship money.  Internal and as a quango.  I don’t buy a years worth of beer up front,  but happy to pay for football for a year and not see a single game, but I am lucky and happy to do so.

The likes of Elgin who must be on fumes now, but self interest got in the way for people like me, who would have bought tickets for games and donated them.  They are all going to die of stupidity falling for rousing speeches and worse carrying banners to the precipice of the gods that lied.  Using Elgin just as an example; They said they had 3 months back in April, furlough bought them time as fans would be in, in October, well I predict they are one of the clubs that will last six weeks as quoted by Mulraney.  Note: they survive on just 600 approx fans at their biggest home gate .

Remember these words we will use them as your obituary: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52427942

1 hour ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

They used cinemas as an example of whataboutery and guess what the biggest chain still wants to mothball, for 6 months

Doncaster is having a meeting today with the SG to beg for fans back in, after compromising his possition by saying its all politacal.

He could not do a worst job if he was to deal with brexit, and he goosestep around the meeting room screaming dont mention the war, while throwing onions at the french wearing a berret and wonder why the meeting decended into chaos,  it waz zee geermens and the froggy frogs fault.

Why does sportsound give him an easier ride than the cardigan?

He’s just doing his masters bidding. Lawell as usual pulling all the strings with this. I hear that quite a number of individuals who benefit from hospitality at Parkhead have been approached and asked to lobby for the return of paying customers.  

17 hours ago, Boris said:

Nothing would surprise me. Even if Ross got a consultant fee for it!

Cash for questions  ? 

I remember how that worked out for them in 1997👍

Hagar the Horrible

Its clear there is going to be this short circuit approach and from what I am hearing through my internal grapevine it might be repeated again at Christmas, to keep the Schools and Uni’s open but during holidays to minimise disruption.  2 x 2 week shutdowns.  To get the R number below 1.0

So football will just have to take its medicine, as will all industries whom are suffering far worse than football clubs.  But here is the wake up call, we could after Christmas start with Leagues 1 and 2 only allowing 300 fans back in, that would keep almost all fluid without any additional help.  If that works then a percentage of fans upto 30% of stadia capacity for Championship clubs (circa Feb 21), wait a month and allow upto 50% of SPFL clubs in March 21 and expand to all leagues.

The problem with that apart from common sense is that 1 SPFL club dying as a result is worse than the whole of league 2 in Doncasters eyes.  Lawell will chuck his dummy out if that was to happen, as it is only about Celtic.  Doncaster can’t see Albion Rovers or Celtic, Kilmarnock or Elgin choosing one child over another is not his choice.

Even Trump has just realised that having the best security around him in the world armed to the teeth and having the best although the creepiest medical team and the perfect whitewashed Presidential Palace walls did not stop him getting Covid, he has just had that eureka moment and is going to educate us all on his wisdom.  Perhaps Doncaster will have that same eureka moment to get clubs out of this dire situation after half have died, and common sense has penetrated the six floor of the biosecure ivory twin towers.

23 minutes ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

Its clear there is going to be this short circuit approach and from what I am hearing through my internal grapevine it might be repeated again at Christmas, to keep the Schools and Uni’s open but during holidays to minimise disruption.  2 x 2 week shutdowns.  To get the R number below 1.0

So football will just have to take its medicine, as will all industries whom are suffering far worse than football clubs.  But here is the wake up call, we could after Christmas start with Leagues 1 and 2 only allowing 300 fans back in, that would keep almost all fluid without any additional help.  If that works then a percentage of fans upto 30% of stadia capacity for Championship clubs (circa Feb 21), wait a month and allow upto 50% of SPFL clubs in March 21 and expand to all leagues.

The problem with that apart from common sense is that 1 SPFL club dying as a result is worse than the whole of league 2 in Doncasters eyes.  Lawell will chuck his dummy out if that was to happen, as it is only about Celtic.  Doncaster can’t see Albion Rovers or Celtic, Kilmarnock or Elgin choosing one child over another is not his choice.

Even Trump has just realised that having the best security around him in the world armed to the teeth and having the best although the creepiest medical team and the perfect whitewashed Presidential Palace walls did not stop him getting Covid, he has just had that eureka moment and is going to educate us all on his wisdom.  Perhaps Doncaster will have that same eureka moment to get clubs out of this dire situation after half have died, and common sense has penetrated the six floor of the biosecure ivory twin towers.

I think you're absolutely right here. My wife works for a car dealership/franchise, and they have been told that they will be shut for 2 weeks over the festive period. This is unheard of for car dealerships, as the week between Christmas and New Year can be one of their busiest weeks!

I also heard the Peterhead chairman on BBC SCotland this morning (only caught a couple of minutes) and he's saying the same as yourself. Start with the lower league clubs as they would only have handfuls of supporters and work their way up. Also said that he appreciates that shellick and sevco were a completely different animal altogether! The interviewer gave him a harder time than any of his inept colleagues on Sportsound (and he didn't really give him a hard time... was basically 'why is football so special!')

Edited by Rogue Daddy
Should add that the dealership shutting was the owners decision (or at least that's how is was sold)... reading between the lines, my wife thinks it will be a SG announcement soon and thinks businesses have been tipped a wink.