• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Pasquale for King

• Mikey1874

• Nookie Bear

Hagar the Horrible
4 minutes ago, gorgie rd eh11 said:

Did anyone ask them how this is political. What are the politics at play here?

The albert hall was letting people in!  Even though thats only penciled for December,  Cinemas can let people indoors, but football has been singled out, as well as rugby, cricket ,horse racing, athletic events, Shinty, Archery, bowling, F!, Motor Sports, tennis, golf, rugby league, snooker, gymnastics, cycling, disability sports, netball, swimming, darts, subbuteo and dressage!

But its singling out football, coz its all political and biased so it is, knaw whit a mean.

I do not like the SNP, but even I cant get over how much wee Nicola hates all sports and other stuff, but it is personal against football

Does that answer your question a wummin is in charge so it must be political, cant have wummin like Ann and Nicola telling a blazer what to do

Clubs will only die if they don't take the correct measures to stop it. 

They can make players redundant if that's the issue, as any other business they should be cutting cloth accordingly. 

If waiting on a bail out is the only option clubs are really looking at then they really deserve to go bust. 

Doncaster and cronies couldn't give a Shit about anybody but themselves. 

The SG should allow limited fans in on the proviso that if the fans and club hosting don't make it squeaky tight, then that club is held liable i.e. banned from further participation.

See how many want to risk that!

SectionDJambo
54 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

“Doncaster will discuss the matter with sports minister Joe Fitzpatrick on Monday and said that "it often feels football does not get a fair rub of the green".

What happened to one of their favourite sound bites of the summer, “fairness has nothing to do with it”. Wasn’t that the answer from them when the 3 clubs asked if their demotions were fair?

As predicted, they are trying to cover up for their incompetence and lack of any forward thinking or plan, by trying to say it’s all the fault of the SG. They are as transparent as a big window. After Celtic got their asterisk title, it was job done and fingers crossed that the virus would be gone by October.

I didn’t bother listening to Sportsound. Haven’t for months and hearing those two nitwits were going to be on, I made sure I couldn’t even hear them by accident. I take it old Dick was the one asking those penetrating questions that Neil brought in with him?

Just now, Boris said:

The SG should allow limited fans in on the proviso that if the fans and club hosting don't make it squeaky tight, then that club is held liable i.e. banned from further participation.

See how many want to risk that!

We still have even match officials shaking hands at end of games and so on...

SectionDJambo
5 minutes ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

Does that answer your question a wummin is in charge so it must be political, cant have wummin like Ann and Nicola telling a blazer what to do

But, seemingly, it’s ok for Dempster to be their “front man” in the valiant struggle against this persecution of Celtic, sorry Scottish football.

The Treasurer
1 hour ago, luckydug said:

The fact that the Royal Albert Hall is being allowed to reopen with limited capacity seems to be the reason football bosses North and South of the border are claiming football is being discriminated against.

Aye, because a few hundred classical music fans are no different from 60k Buckie fuelled bigots

John Findlay
37 minutes ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

The albert hall was letting people in!  Even though thats only penciled for December,  Cinemas can let people indoors, but football has been singled out, as well as rugby, cricket ,horse racing, athletic events, Shinty, Archery, bowling, F!, Motor Sports, tennis, golf, rugby league, snooker, gymnastics, cycling, disability sports, netball, swimming, darts, subbuteo and dressage!

But its singling out football, coz its all political and biased so it is, knaw whit a mean.

I do not like the SNP, but even I cant get over how much wee Nicola hates all sports and other stuff, but it is personal against football

It's a we wish Scottish Labour were in power. Their hierarchy are all ST holders at Celtic Park.

There is no doubt Scottish football is in the hands of idiots. Killie have 40 players on their books, of which 13 are not in the first team bubble and do not get tested. They are due to play Falkirk and Dunfermline in the League Cup, with neither of these clubs being required to test. Killie are only allowed to play tested players, so they cannot field a team of untested players and may have to forfeit the games. I'm struggling with the logic. Meanwhile, as the only Championship team that tests, is it possible that we could find ourselves in the same boat; having to forfeit games against opponents that don't test? 

6 minutes ago, henryheart said:

There is no doubt Scottish football is in the hands of idiots. Killie have 40 players on their books, of which 13 are not in the first team bubble and do not get tested. They are due to play Falkirk and Dunfermline in the League Cup, with neither of these clubs being required to test. Killie are only allowed to play tested players, so they cannot field a team of untested players and may have to forfeit the games. I'm struggling with the logic. Meanwhile, as the only Championship team that tests, is it possible that we could find ourselves in the same boat; having to forfeit games against opponents that don't test? 

Essentially, Doncaster and co are trying to protect the top division, and everyone else is just collateral damage. Covid testing is proof of this

manaliveits105

Did Dick say what a capable man Neil was and doing a great job ?

DROP THE DEAD DONKEY 

Doncaster Petrie Maxwell and Mulraney all need removed from their positions before they cause any more harm

Bazzas right boot
19 hours ago, CJGJ said:

It should be noted that even in England the lower league sides are not subject to regular testing

Of course I think they should be but we are not alone in not testing all the professional clubs

The Championship is. 

The top two divisions are. 

Their championship wasn't reduced. 

They also played their two leagues to a conclusion and never voted to relegate clubs and send them to the abyss. 

Do you think we'd be as angry if we had been relegated as normal. 

You sound like a fan of another team, completely oblivious to the chain of events and decisions   that have placed us in a reduced championship competition playing teams that are not being tested and why we are angry. 

Join the dots. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

Bret the Hitman Hearts
19 minutes ago, henryheart said:

Hearts actually have an incentive to immediately stop testing. It only puts us at a disadvantage, which is ludicrous but here we are.

21 minutes ago, henryheart said:

Falkirk and Dunfermline need to test to play a Premiership club.

What happens if both teams can't play though?

To minimise the risk of transmission to Premiership players, any team drawn against a Premiership club in the Betfred Cup this season will be required to swab test their players in the 168-hour period prior to that Betfred Cup fixture, with results provided to the League by midday two days prior to the tie.

As with Premiership league fixtures, any players who test positive would be required to self-isolate and would not be able to take part in the tie.

If a club is unable or unwilling to field a team in a Betfred Cup Round 1 group stage tie, or fails to provide sufficient negative test results, the club concerned will forfeit the match (on the basis of a 3-0 defeat).

Bazzas right boot
5 minutes ago, Bret the Hitman Hearts said:

Hearts actually have an incentive to immediately stop testing. It only puts us at a disadvantage, which is ludicrous but here we are.

Mentioned this before. 

8 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

The Championship is. 

The top two divisions are. 

Their championship wasn't reduced. 

They also played their two leagues to a conclusion and never voted to relegate clubs and send them to the abyss. 

Do you think we'd be as angry if we had been relegated as normal. 

You sound like a fan of another team, completely oblivious to the chain of events and decisions   that have placed us in a reduced championship competition playing teams that are not being tested and why we are angry. 

Join the dots. 

Sadly you seem like an angry man at this time and hence unlikely to debate but please stop the childish you cannot be a Hearts fan nonsense just because you are angry and frustrated

We are discussing Covid not league structure and last season.....should we be testing all sides no matter what league ?....yes

My point was not all sides in England are being tested and like it or not that is fact so simply pointing that out is hardly a criminal offence...just because it does not suit your narrative does not change the facts.  We are not alone in not testing all the professional clubs and that was the point of the post ..... that was pointed out because the authorities were being taken to task for things undertaken by other countries in the same manner and were not standing alone in no testing for all.

Common sense is that testing should apply to all but money is clearly an issue on both sides of the border at the lower levels

south morocco
27 minutes ago, Bret the Hitman Hearts said:

That’s completely ludicrous, surely the club should be flagging this up?

Bazzas right boot
5 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Sadly you seem like an angry man at this time and hence unlikely to debate but please stop the childish you cannot be a Hearts fan nonsense just because you are angry and frustrated

We are discussing Covid not league structure and last season.....should we be testing all sides no matter what league ?....yes

My point was not all sides in England are being tested and like it or not that is fact so simply pointing that out is hardly a criminal offence...just because it does not suit your narrative does not change the facts.  We are not alone in not testing all the professional clubs and that was the point of the post ..... that was pointed out because the authorities were being taken to task for things undertaken by other countries in the same manner and were not standing alone in no testing for all.

Common sense is that testing should apply to all but money is clearly an issue on both sides of the border at the lower levels

No, I'm not. I am angry about the decisions since the covid outbreak tho. 

I can't think of a Hearts fan that isn't. 

The covid issue has been ongoing, from suspension of last season to now. 

It's the same issue. 

The top two leagues are being tested, whether The 3rd and below teir are in England is irrelevant to this debate as we are in the second teir of Scotland. 

The authorities are being taken to task by the majority of this board for every decision to do with covid, not just this one. 

Apply joined up thinking and you'll understand the frustration and anger of most at the situation and why  condescending  posts and points (in this case an irrelevant point about the third teir and below in England) like yours are irking many.

Agree on last point. 

buzzbomb1958
2 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

It's the same issue. 

The top two leagues are being tested, whether The 3rd and below teir are in England is irrelevant to this debate as we are in the second teir of Scotland. 

The authorities are being taken to task by the majority of this board for every decision to do with covid, not just this one. 

Apply joined up thinking and you'll understand the frustration and anger of most at the situation and why  condescending  posts and points (in this case an irrelevant point about the third teir and below in England) like yours are irking many.

Agree on last point.

1 hour ago, SectionDJambo said:

But, seemingly, it’s ok for Dempster to be their “front man” in the valiant struggle against this persecution of Celtic, sorry Scottish football.

Burn this shit show to the ground

On 24/09/2020 at 20:23, Bob Loblaw said:

I think those hoping for clubs to go bust aren't grasping how precariously our season hangs in the balance.

If the lower leagues are knocked on the head that'll almost certainly include the championship.  So we'll not play and face probably an extra year as a championship club.

Not if we have to replace clubs in the spl who go to the wall the whole system of the league's will have no choice but be revamped ,IMO we will lose about 2 or 3 spl clubs which ones I don't know but you can bank on at least that number going bust

buzzbomb1958
5 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

It's the same issue. 

Agree on last point. 

Burn this shit show to the ground

36 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Mentioned this before. 

No matter what, we should always do the right thing. Not to do so would play into the hands of those who so obviously hated us. 

Bottom line is do we trust the SPFL and the SFA with getting fans back into the stadium in the correct manner? The government would allow fans back into the stadium and they will say it’s only the top league. The government do not trust these charlatans and I don’t either. 

My name is Roy
3 minutes ago, Rods said:

Bottom line is do we trust the SPFL and the SFA with getting fans back into the stadium in the correct manner? The government would allow fans back into the stadium and they will say it’s only the top league. The government do not trust these charlatans and I don’t either. 

Dude, the government are running the show. If they dont want whomever doing whatever theyll not let it happen.wake up and smell the coffee. Id be very surprised if any football fans are allowed in or any concerts or large gatherings of people before Easter. They are doing what they think is best for society ( no opinions on the right or wrong of that) and mass gatherings are a risk as far as the government are concerned. All other "players" in football or anyrhing else like concerts are an irrelevance. Im affraid you are stuck behind your telly for the foreseeable future. Sorry

3 minutes ago, My name is Roy said:

Dude, the government are running the show. If they dont want whomever doing whatever theyll not let it happen.wake up and smell the coffee. Id be very surprised if any football fans are allowed in or any concerts or large gatherings of people before Easter. They are doing what they think is best for society ( no opinions on the right or wrong of that) and mass gatherings are a risk as far as the government are concerned. All other "players" in football or anyrhing else like concerts are an irrelevance. Im affraid you are stuck behind your telly for the foreseeable future. Sorry

I think you have got me wrong.

My point was the SPFL and the SFA should not be anywhere near any high profile decisions concerning public health. Right now the enemy of our enemy is our friend even if it is short term

pain for Hearts fans.

My further point was even if the goverment backed the SPFL/SFA they would turn it against Hearts. 

I have said from the start no fans till after the year at least probably February at the earliest.  

Perth to Paisley

Pretty simple really:

1. Off course the football authorities should be lobbying to get the game up Nd running with fans asap.

Pretty simple really:

1. Off course the football authorities should be lobbying to get the game up and running with fans asap

2. Off course the racing authorities should be lobbying to get up and running with fans asap

Bazzas right boot
43 minutes ago, Deevers said:

No matter what, we should always do the right thing. Not to do so would play into the hands of those who so obviously hated us. 

Also true. 

Perth to Paisley

Pretty simple really:

1. Off course the football authorities should be lobbying to get the game up and running with fans asap.

2. Off course the (insert any racing /rugby/soft play/ comedy club etc) authorities should be lobbying to get up and running asap

Crass to suggest its 'political' the day after they and some clubs had a call with Ross MP (assistant ref/Branch Office manager)

Who's supplying the bullets fired today?

I would like to be told what was discussed on that Zoom and who attended and what were the 'action points'!

If Westminster decides to fund English /Welsh football then an equivalent amount will need to be ring-fenced for Scottish football. (Under the Barnett formula ' not an act if goodwill/charity)

Looks like its been stage managed to make Westminster/Tories tge good guys and Scot Gov as bad guys....aye, it certainly looks like its  political !!

At a point when the Covid  numbers are pretty horrendous then its not the appropriate time to take any additional risks- use the time to demonstrate why the risk is minimal at a time WHEN new risks can be added.

Told you it was simple 

Glamorgan Jambo

The point is if you were in the Scottish Government would you have any confidence in the reassurances you’d be getting from the likes of Doncaster and Mulraney. I wouldn’t. I find their bizarre and aggressive/confrontational approach totally counter productive. Especially with a dash of moronic newspaper commentary provided by resident scribes like Keith Jackson.

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Deevers said:

Also true. 

6 minutes ago, Perth to Paisley said:

Pretty simple really:

1. Off course the football authorities should be lobbying to get the game up and running with fans asap.

2. Off course the (insert any racing /rugby/soft play/ comedy club etc) authorities should be lobbying to get up and running asap

Crass to suggest its 'political' the day after they and some clubs had a call with Ross MP (assistant ref/Branch Office manager)

Who's supplying the bullets fired today?

I would like to be told what was discussed on that Zoom and who attended and what were the 'action points'!

If Westminster decides to fund English /Welsh football then an equivalent amount will need to be ring-fenced for Scottish football. (Under the Barnett formula ' not an act if goodwill/charity)

Looks like its been stage managed to make Westminster/Tories tge good guys and Scot Gov as bad guys....aye, it certainly looks like its  political !!

At a point when the Covid  numbers are pretty horrendous then its not the appropriate time to take any additional risks- use the time to demonstrate why the risk is minimal at a time WHEN new risks can be added.

Told you it was simple 

Just now, Glamorgan Jambo said:

The point is if you were in the Scottish Government would you have any confidence in the reassurances you’d be getting from the likes of Doncaster and Mulraney. I wouldn’t. I find their bizarre and aggressive/confrontational approach totally counter productive. Especially with a dash of moronic newspaper commentary provided by resident scribes like Keith Jackson.

Both of these are close to the mark I think.

My name is Roy
37 minutes ago, Rods said:

I think you have got me wrong.

My point was the SPFL and the SFA should not be anywhere near any high profile decisions concerning public health. Right now the enemy of our enemy is our friend even if it is short term

pain for Hearts 

I get that, my point is they are powerless to do anything of real and lasting value. They exercised all the power they had in relegating us. That miniscule powerbase does need changed however.The governing bodies of scottish football are wearing the emperors new clothes. Welcome to the future. Clubs will fold, jobs will be lost and im affraid that i dont know what the future will hold. 

Lucky white heather

Get your lucky white heather!

11 minutes ago, Glamorgan Jambo said:

Who knows whether the way they dealt with last season isn't a consideration. 

But the Scottish Government modelling balance is currently ruling out fans at football.

And the situation isn't getting any better. 

The Treasurer

It would obviously cost us a lot but could we insist on upcoming opponents being tested before league games. It would ensure the safety of our players and could potentially weaken opponents if some of their squad had to isolate. Expensive but maybe money well spent 

So WM has warned the English public not to expect the relaxing of crowds at sport any time soon and yesterday the Tory Scottish branch chairman held a meeting with clubs to work out a strategy to blame the Scottish government for doing the same.

My name is Roy

If either the scottish government or westminster treat football they way they have treated the education sector, we are all watching from our livingrooms for the forseable future. 

Recent government decisions:-

Allmost all MPs and MSPs have been to university, why did no one brief the students and unis about "freshers week" before it started. Clowns the lot of them. 

Why would the government say swimming pools are allowed to open and then say "but you cant use changing rooms" are patrons simply to go home wet? It beggars belief how stupid those in power are.

Edited by My name is Roy
Typo

Pasquale for King
16 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

It would obviously cost us a lot but could we insist on upcoming opponents being tested before league games. It would ensure the safety of our players and could potentially weaken opponents if some of their squad had to isolate. Expensive but maybe money well spent 

Not a bad idea, did Ross County not offer to pay for testing for someone? Cost might be prohibitive though, say 20 tests at £50 a pop. So a £1k a game if it’s one test, £2k if it’s two, it’s likely to be two in a 168 hour before games period.

22 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

Would we be paying for this?

Even if we did, you have to remember there are ZERO guidelines outside of BetFred Cup as to what happens if games can't go ahead.

Everything is looked at on a game by game basis and as we experienced last season with James Keating's red card, SFA-SPFL stakeholders can't be trusted to even read the evidence.

We also have to hope that some premier league teams end up in trouble. Doncaster and Co will be cooking up some plan to keep Hearts down for another season. If there is teams going bust then they will have to promote us. 

There is absolutely no reason why league one and below shouldn't be allowed a reduced number of fans in.

As a regular at Edinburgh City games, they could easily have their average attendance socially distant at Ainslie Park. Make games all ticket and prebook only. Premier and Championship is obviously more of challenge, but I have no doubt it would be no more dangerous than going into any supermarket on any day of the week.

Edited by HMS Jambo

Dusk_Till_Dawn
6 hours ago, Paolo said:

I can’t stand Sturgeon, or the SNP, but if you are wanting to win over the SG, you have got to behave professionally, and this does not do that. 

If you want professional behaviour you’re best not to go anywhere near the SPFL. It’s like the fourth instalment of Jurassic Park.

This might not be a popular opinion but I took the view that as a club, Hearts were every bit as much to blame as the SPFL for our demotion. But the position we’re being put in - basically, in a league which is being given zero protection by the governing body - is a disgrace on the SPFL’s part. We are being absolutely mugged. I hate Doncaster more than just about anybody I can think of. A photo finish between him and Hitler.

8 minutes ago, Rods said:

We also have to hope that some premier league teams end up in trouble. Doncaster and Co will be cooking up some plan to keep Hearts down for another season. If there is teams going bust then they will have to promote us. 

If we are forced to stay down, we should walk away . I would rather pay for a season of friendlies every year.vits the same ****ing thing. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
11 minutes ago, Rods said:

Set up for St Mirren to go tits up. They are in free fall.

:pleasing:

Dusk_Till_Dawn
Just now, tightrope said:

If we are forced to stay down, we should walk away . I would rather pay for a season of friendlies every year.vits the same ****ing thing. 

That’s the thing though isn’t it? There’s no mechanism to change this shit show. If we did that it would make no difference. Scotland seems to like football being run by ramjets

Pasquale for King
20 minutes ago, My name is Roy said:

If either the scottish government or westminster treat football they way they have treated the education sector, we are all watching from our livingrooms for the forseable future. 

Recent government decisions:-

Allmost all MPs and MSPs have been to university, why did no one brief the students and unis about "freshers week" before it started. Clowns the lot of them. 

Why would the government say swimming pools are allowed to open and then say "but you cant use changing rooms" are patrons simply to go home wet? It beggars belief how stupid those in power are.

The universities knew fine well what was happening and what should’ve been done, some only told the kids days before that their courses would all be online just now. As for the students if they’re not bright enough to realise they shouldn’t be partying that’s in them. But just getting them all together in halls or residences was enough to spread the virus so it’s hard to blame them. The governments can’t go round micro managing every aspect of every industry spelling out what is blatantly obvious to everyone, without reading the tedious guidelines which I have had to do on numerous occasions now.

Pasquale for King
17 minutes ago, Rods said:

Probably reconstruct down to ten teams to keep us out. 

6 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

The universities knew fine well what was happening and what should’ve been done, some only told the kids days before that their courses would all be online just now. As for the students if they’re not bright enough to realise they shouldn’t be partying that’s in them. But just getting them all together in halls or residences was enough to spread the virus so it’s hard to blame them. The governments can’t go round micro managing every aspect of every industry spelling out what is blatantly obvious to everyone, without reading the tedious guidelines which I have had to do on numerous occasions now.

That’s certainly not been my experience. Speaking as someone who has designed some of the online classes for the students, and someone who is putting on practical classes too.

Footballfirst

Dear ND & MM

Which part of 12,872 new cases and 49 deaths in the UK (764 and 4 in Scotland) don't you understand.

Regards

A concerned football fan

30 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Dear ND & MM

Which part of 12,872 new cases and 49 deaths in the UK (764 and 4 in Scotland) don't you understand.

Regards

A concerned football fan

Indeed.