Covid protocols - ‘Govt money wanted’

taylor75

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, gator said:

This obviously just makes our expulsion that much worse, I have absolutely no confidence that the Championship will play any matches and for that matter won't be surprised if the SPL is shut down altogether! It was great to get sports going again, I didn't think I had missed it that much until I started watching again but I just don't see competition being sustainable in any sport with the way this virus is going! 

Other leagues around Europe have managed to play closed door games for some time now with testing protocols in place. English football seems to get very few cases compared with us so far. Right from the start our clubs have had more positive tests than in England. There is something very wrong with how it's being handled by the SPFL and SFA. As someone else said, dangerously wrong.

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Pasquale for King

• Mikey1874

• Nookie Bear

10 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Other leagues around Europe have managed to play closed door games for some time now with testing protocols in place. English football seems to get very few cases compared with us so far. Right from the start our clubs have had more positive tests than in England. There is something very wrong with how it's being handled by the SPFL and SFA. As someone else said, dangerously wrong.

Agree that the handling by the SPFL and SFA has been atrocious, things have worked out well for other leagues, so far, with the overall numbers spiking everywhere I just feel there is a certain amount of inevitability that all of these leagues are going to have to shut down! Our Canadian Premier League played in a true bubble where all 8 teams were isolated on an island for the duration of the tournament, the NHL played in a little less stringent but similar circumstances, both worked out well! The NFL has had less restrictions and now we have a game postponed due to a whole bunch of positive tests! A point to note is that none of these Euro leagues or EPL/EFL were playing when the virus spiked originally, when they restarted the virus was on a temporary decline, sorry if this comes out as being overly negative!

1 hour ago, Footballfirst said:

The Premiership clubs field "Colt" sides in the Challenge Cup

So they do, for some reason I thought it was only the OF.

2 hours ago, Beast Boy said:

I’m choked with a bad cold as we speak. Caught it from my five year old, who caught it at school. I know it’s just a cold because I’ve bothered to read up on the symptoms, and after two scares throughout lockdown where my 18 month old had a temperature of 42 and my wife had a viral infection, I’m quite on the ball with what to look for. 

The Killie players somehow mistook their CV19 symptoms for seasonal colds... that’s worrying, to say the least. Why would any of our opponents think differently to the Kilmarnock players?

My sister thought she had a cold; no cough, fever or taste problems. Then her husband started to feel unwell, as he works for the NHS they got tested, both came back positive. The symptoms of covid are not consistent, which is one of the things making it so difficult to tackle. Just because someone doesn't have the"classic" symptoms doesn't mean they don't have it. All teams should be testing weekly, it's a complete nonsense that teams in a professional league don't have to. If they can't test, they shouldn't be allowed to play.

19 minutes ago, tynewater said:

My sister thought she had a cold; no cough, fever or taste problems. Then her husband started to feel unwell, as he works for the NHS they got tested, both came back positive. The symptoms of covid are not consistent, which is one of the things making it so difficult to tackle. Just because someone doesn't have the"classic" symptoms doesn't mean they don't have it. All teams should be testing weekly, it's a complete nonsense that teams in a professional league don't have to. If they can't test, they shouldn't be allowed to play.

Sure, I know that not everyone shows all the same symptoms. My symptoms don’t match those that are described though. They do match those of a cold.

53 minutes ago, tynewater said:

By the way. Really sorry to hear that. Hope they are both well, and recovering fully. 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, farin said:

He did. They were set to play 3 games in the next 14 days too, what a shit show. 

Borderline criminal. 

It should be noted that even in England the lower league sides are not subject to regular testing

Of course I think they should be but we are not alone in not testing all the professional clubs

9 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

It should be noted that even in England the lower league sides are not subject to regular testing

Of course I think they should be but we are not alone in not testing all the professional clubs

Which leagues are doing it?

Guest ToqueJambo
1 hour ago, CJGJ said:

The Championship is. That's the issue. If Scottish football really is essentially amateur beneath the Premiership then we should reconstruct to get all the proper professional teams in one or two top leagues and the rest can play at being football clubs.

This is why it was a disgrace to demote clubs that can pay their way into a league filled with teams that can't or don't want to. in Belgium and France, the clubs that were controversially demoted did at least end up in proper leagues that have started on time. I would have accepted it (grudgingly) if we were going down into a functioning second division league like in England, France, Belgium, everywhere else really.... we should never let this lie.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Killie manager thought it was a bug.

Covid = High temperature; loss of taste, smell, persistent cough

Bug = does of the skits

😂

2 hours ago, CJGJ said:

What a weird post... “even in England”... what on Earth were you meaning there? :lol:

Hey, we should probably just all calm doon a bit... EVEN IN ENGLAND they are not testing every division. Really makes the utter shitshow up here a lot more palatable, doesn’t it. :rofl:

Edited by Beast Boy

7 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

The Championship is. That's the issue. If Scottish football really is essentially amateur beneath the Premiership then we should reconstruct to get all the proper professional teams in one or two top leagues and the rest can play at being football clubs.

This is why it was a disgrace to demote clubs that can pay their way into a league filled with teams that can't or don't want to. in Belgium and France, the clubs that were controversially demoted did at least end up in proper leagues that have started on time. I would have accepted it (grudgingly) if we were going down into a functioning second division league like in England, France, Belgium, everywhere else really.... we should never let this lie.

It’s been pretty obvious for a long time that the senior game here should comprise of two leagues of fully professional full time clubs.  Anyone looking to seek entry into that set up by way of promotion should have to fulfill that criteria. It’s absolutely ridiculous that clubs like Alloa and Brechin can influence  votes affecting clubs with multi million turn overs. 

Edited by Deevers

If Dempster and her pals can get government money for the non-SPL clubs then fair play. 

As the top teams can simply trade their way out of this (and a few have made big sales recently so it shouldn’t be an issue) then they don’t need external help. 

Then I’ll applaud her efforts 🤷‍♂️

2 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

If Dempster and her pals can get government money for the non-SPL clubs then fair play. 

As the top teams can simply trade their way out of this (and a few have made big sales recently so it shouldn’t be an issue) then they don’t need external help. 

Then I’ll applaud her efforts 🤷‍♂️

She’ll not negotiate a deal for the lower divisions without some shekels for themselves as well. 

8 minutes ago, Beast Boy said:

She’ll not negotiate a deal for the lower divisions without some shekels for themselves as well. 

Don’t see why. Just trade your way out of this situation. Easy!

Well done Leanne 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻🖕🏻

SectionDJambo
5 minutes ago, Beast Boy said:

Correct.

Any money that comes the way of the JRG will be split to benefit Hibs, Celtic, Aberdeen etc. as much as the lower league clubs. Just like they all helped themselves to the £50,000 share of the James Anderson money, when they seem to have spare funds available for team enhancement.

They've little or no moral fibre. I'm just surprised that all these chairmen are now happy to have a woman fronting up for them. Where is Capable Neil?

27 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

Correct.

Any money that comes the way of the JRG will be split to benefit Hibs, Celtic, Aberdeen etc. as much as the lower league clubs. Just like they all helped themselves to the £50,000 share of the James Anderson money, when they seem to have spare funds available for team enhancement.

They've little or no moral fibre. I'm just surprised that all these chairmen are now happy to have a woman fronting up for them. Where is Capable Neil?

Yep. She’s basically the Evil-Lyn to Lawwell’s Skeletor.

manaliveits105

Dempster is the emperors new clothes - a history of catastrophic failures ignored and lauded by  our media and of course   her mentor the snivelling rat Petr15 - Donkey happy to take a back seat in case the shit hits the fan - it will and it will all end in tears 

5 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Dempster is the emperors new clothes - a history of catastrophic failures ignored and lauded by  our media and of course   her mentor the snivelling rat Petr15 - Donkey happy to take a back seat in case the shit hits the fan - it will and it will all end in tears 

Exactly. 

Horatio Caine
1 minute ago, Weebroon98 said:

Won't be any hard questions asked i bet

Apparently punters can send in questions for them...

19 hours ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Rapidly heading for peak shambles. I reckon the second week of November.

Hearts and Aberdeen winning the SC semis should do it.

Edited by DETTY29

6 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

Then the cup will suddenly be scrapped due to safety concerns.  

It is again curious that Kilmarnock did have enough players - at least 13. But because these players hadn't been tested they couldn't play. 

Just now, Paolo said:

Then the cup will suddenly be scrapped due to safety concerns.  

Not just the cup. If we lose to Hibs I expect the championship to be halted the following week. 
If we win, its a harder decision For the SPFL/SFA to make especially if Celtic beat Aberdeen.

But as you suggest a Hearts v Sheep final.... suddenly it will be scrapped for safety/cost reasons

Doncaster unhappy at the unfairness of Rangers and Celtic playing teams in Europa League who will have fans supporting them. 

Edited by Mikey1874

Mike Mulraney (I think talking as SFA vice chairman) disagrees with Government. Says no fans in is a political decision not a clinical (health) one. 

Neil Doncaster agrees. 

Edited by Mikey1874

Dusk_Till_Dawn
28 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

If Celtic go out you can 100% see a scenario where they decide the final is too difficult to stage. Literally no possibility too ridiculous at this stage 

6 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Doncaster unhappy at the unfairness of Rangers and Celtic playing teams in Europa League who will have fans supporting them. 

Doncaster talking about fairness is rich isn't it?

Dusk_Till_Dawn
9 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Neil Doncaster confirms they expected fans back in stadiums this month.

Does he live in la la land?

Hmmm SPFL doing their damndest to alienate the SG. ND and MM are the epitome of fairness and honesty and integrity right enough. Pair of w*nkers. 

16 individuals at Sale Sharks test positive, having been detected during the standard testing undertaken at pro rugby clubs. Just shows what could happen if there's no testing, these people could have been out playing against other teams. Not testing people who are playing contact sports is asking for trouble.

Just now, willie wallace said:

A big thank you to James Anderson from Mulraney.

He basically said he has kept some clubs going.

There's probably some that many of us wish he didn't keep going!

1 minute ago, willie wallace said:

A big thank you to James Anderson from Mulraney.

He basically said he has kept some clubs going.

For what the money was meant to be used (charity, community, community testing) doesn't make sense, especially as it appears lower league clubs aren't regularly being tested. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
Just now, DETTY29 said:

For what the money was meant to be used (charity, community, community testing) doesn't make sense, especially as it appears lower league clubs aren't regularly being tested. 

The whole thing is a farce which needs exposing. They’ve pocketed the money from Anderson and done what they like with it.

The Mighty Thor

Its a political decision not a clinical one. 

Aye Neil. So it is. 

Everything else is open and its just football that's being punished. 

Just now, Barack said:

Sturgeon being called "the woman" by Mulraney, will really help matters.

Never pictured Mulraney as a mysogist.

Actually, I think that's probably one of his better traits.

I'm not listening.  Did he actually call her that?