Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Pasquale for King

• Mikey1874

• Nookie Bear

15 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

being told hibs have released all

players pre-academy..

I'm at a loss to what Pre-academy means.

3 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

I'm at a loss to what Pre-academy means.

Club Academy Scotland football starts at U11, although some clubs, including Hearts, run U9 and U10 teams outwith the academy structure..

Geoff Kilpatrick
13 minutes ago, AndyNic said:

3 Killie players have tested positive.

Hope they recover ok etc etc.

Meantime, chortle!

7 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Club Academy Scotland football starts at U11, although some clubs, including Hearts, run U9 and U10 teams outwith the academy structure..

I understand now.

So is operation Brave knocked on the head now?

10 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

I understand now.

So is operation Brave knocked on the head now?

There are still some youth games being played behind closed doors. I was out for a walk around Riccarton on Sunday morning and Hearts U14s (2007s) were playing a match on the outdoor astro. I didn't recognise the opposition's strips though.

There are still some youth games being played behind closed doors. I was out for a walk around Riccarton on Sunday morning and Hearts U14s (2007s) were playing a match on the outdoor astro. I didn't recognise the opposition's strips though.

I know it is. My youngest plays for Spartans 2008s. Their league kicks off this Sunday. He starts with an away game game against Leith Athletic.

It has been friendlies to date.

15 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

players pre-academy..

All part of trimming their costs in these difficult times .... so they can afford to bid for Magennis and Campbell and then demand a bailout from Holyrood..  

Edited by Lone Striker

1 minute ago, Lone Striker said:

All part of trimming their costs in these difficult times .... so they can afford to bid for Magennis and Campbell and then demand a bailout from the Holyrood..  

In today's daily Covid briefing, when questioned about specific funding for football, NS made it clear that the Scottish Government's resources are finite, so any additional funding will have to come from Westminster and the consequential share of the distribution to Scotland. The Scottish Sports minister is in discussions with his UK equivalent.

In today's daily Covid briefing, when questioned about specific funding for football, NS made it clear that the Scottish Government's resources are finite, so any additional funding will have to come from Westminster and the consequential share of the distribution to Scotland. The Scottish Sports minister is in discussions with his UK equivalent.

Hopefully Scottish football gets a big wedge of cash thrown at it to keep all those employed by it safe in a job whilst joe bloggs on the street lose their jobs.

total farce 

10 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Not a penny to the corrupt 12

1 hour ago, Footballfirst said:

Not a ****ing penny of my taxes to be given to football. Not a single ****ing penny. 

Hagar the Horrible
1 hour ago, Footballfirst said:

Its the morals of asking when money actualy gets pumped into it, and Celtic, Dundee, and Hibs will have stretch marks on their grubby hands asking for a handout while still trying to spend money, and in Hibs case getting rid of support staff and the future of football.  St Mirren must have £££ as they can turn down, so why would they need a hand out?

The deal for Sponsorship our £400k per year CEO can cover all costs?  oh wait!!!!!

Westminster gave grants to the non-league, but that is A) a grant and b.is not part of the £5.1 funding football already gets

I suspect Wee Nicola can pass the buck and blame it all on the big bad tories, Just as Doncaster and maxwell wont look internally at the fault when there is an excrement and cooling system collision

If one penny of my taxes goes to the top league then I’m genuinely finished with the shitshow  game up here. It would disgust me to the point of no return

20 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Still got enough players. 

So did Aberdeen and Celtic though, although I get that was a government call. 

I am confused 😂

highlandjambo3
7 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

I am confused 😂

Budge up.....I’m on your train.

Just now, highlandjambo3 said:

Budge up.....I’m on your train.

Plus floor loads of students are kept in isolation if someone tests positive but football clubs are immune. 

Yep, confused. 

31 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

I am confused 😂

they make the rules up as they go along. Last time when Aberdeen had players positive they even stopped our training , in a division below that hadn’t even started ffs.

they’ll probably relegate us again due to the fact Hamilton have a player positive.

absolutely nothing would surprise me with this corrupt shambles 

Edited by 1971fozzy

12 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

they make the rules up as they go along. Last time when Aberdeen had players positive they even stopped our training , in a division below that hadn’t even started ffs.

they’ll probably relegate us again due to the fact Hamilton have a player positive.

absolutely nothing would surprise me with this corrupt shambles 

Let’s see what happens if a couple of Championship players catch it. 

Let’s see what happens if key Celtic players catch it before the Derby. 

Edited by Nookie Bear

18 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Let’s see what happens if a couple of Championship players catch it. 

Let’s see what happens if key Celtic players catch it before the Derby. 

indeed. Half a dozen or so SPL clubs have had it so it’s an absolute stick on it’ll happen in our division. Problem is half the rat clubs in our division won’t be able to field 11 players. 
On the subject of Celtic* , that would be popcorn time for sure. 

Edited by 1971fozzy

Guest ToqueJambo
20 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

players pre-academy..

Abandoning your youth structure to chase 4th place in the Premiership. Makes sense.

2 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

If one penny of my taxes goes to the top league then I’m genuinely finished with the shitshow  game up here. It would disgust me to the point of no return

Totally agree.

Top 12 are having a meeting the now regarding no fans in the stadium. I have concerns about what these nitwits will come up with especially as Dumpster is leading it 

They can’t afford to mess up the BBC broadcasting contract, which covers the Championship. They’ve already refunded goodness knows how much in their haste to give Celtic their asterisk title. 
As we know, the BBC have already planned to show the first two Hearts games. 
Maybe, if the SPFL are looking to help clubs through this, they could ask Capable Neil to take a pay cut for a while. After all, he seems to be the only entity within the SPFL that hasn’t taken a financial hit, and he must be due to pay back most of those past bonuses he got for broadcasting income that his stewardship caused to be refunded. 
Problems are coming home to roost for the short sighted, selfish clubs who thought they were voting a cash cow into the Championship.

manaliveits105
40 minutes ago, Rods said:

Top 12 are having a meeting the now regarding no fans in the stadium. I have concerns about what these nitwits will come up with especially as Dumpster is leading it 

It’s a sin so it is if sellik fans aren’t allowed back next week definettly  know what a mean 

Edited by manaliveits105

11 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

It’s a sin so it is if sellik fans aren’t allowed back next week definettly  know what a mean 

You may have hit the nail on the head.  What's the chances of the Celtic v Rangers match being postponed/put back until they can get their morons in? The JRG then explain this away with some made up nonsense about safety in pubs?

Naismith was on Sportsound tonight with Billy Dodds talking about the Covid Protocols. Caught the last 2 minutes but they were talking about an extended stay in championship but didn’t catch the start. 

anyone listen to it? 

31 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

You may have hit the nail on the head.  What's the chances of the Celtic v Rangers match being postponed/put back until they can get their morons in? The JRG then explain this away with some made up nonsense about safety in pubs?

They already said they were worried about fans gathering outside stadium during game, it’s a cert to be postponed.

Nelly Terraces
27 minutes ago, obua said:

They already said they were worried about fans gathering outside stadium during game, it’s a cert to be postponed.

These morons just aren't getting the fact there's virtually no chance of crowds at football this season. Let them kick their 'only game that matters' can down the road - they'll soon find out its a dead end & these games have to be played sometime.

2 hours ago, Rods said:

It's clear what should happen.

Every club should sign more players before the transfer deadline on Monday. 

39 minutes ago, SectionN said:

Naismith was on Sportsound tonight with Billy Dodds talking about the Covid Protocols. Caught the last 2 minutes but they were talking about an extended stay in championship but didn’t catch the start. 

anyone listen to it? 

12 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

ha ha ha 

Think it will be spelt out on the zoom. Who cares as long as the Old Firm game has fans. 

8 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

The closed doors thing is comedic, I saw a parent appear with a set of steps so he could watch a game over a wall 

13 minutes ago, Hesh said:

The closed doors thing is comedic, I saw a parent appear with a set of steps so he could watch a game over a wall 

Dumbarton home games will be interesting. 20 folk at the top of that hill

2 hours ago, obua said:

Just surround the stadium with soap and water, that'll keep them away. 

Lone Striker
16 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Indeed.  Hibs leading the way on that one apparently - 2 bids for Magennis now.   Come on Hibs..... add another £100k and go for it. 

Changes in Europe coming...possible limited return up to 30% of capacity for European competitions...SUBJECT to local laws/regulations so forget UK at present

manaliveits105

Jack Dross on news thanking Peruvian Ron for his backing in transfer market as they want to speculate to accumulate 

assume they won’t need any handouts then - they have no shame like their big cousins 

51 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Jack Dross on news thanking Peruvian Ron for his backing in transfer market as they want to speculate to accumulate 

assume they won’t need any handouts then - they have no shame like their big cousins 

That worked out well for Scottish teams in the past.

Tick Tock hobos