Covid protocols - ‘Govt money wanted’

taylor75

7 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Good reading, thanks.   I would like to encourage anyone still abit perturbed about the zlamal incident to have a read.  It's not mind blowing but it certainly gets you thinking he is not off his head. Although other clubs might not think the same.  😂 

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Pasquale for King

• Mikey1874

• Nookie Bear

highlandjambo3
7 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Nice one.......

just keep that smile on your face Robbie when you talk about other teams struggling, a smile like “take your medicine you arse pieces”.... we all know what you mean.  Love someone to actually say to other teams “hey, what did you actually spend your 50k on?”

Edited by highlandjambo3

7 hours ago, HMFC01 said:

Good reading, thanks.   I would like to encourage anyone still abit perturbed about the zlamal incident to have a read.  It's not mind blowing but it certainly gets you thinking he is not off his head. Although other clubs might not think the same.  😂 

Good on him but I’m not getting how the zlamal incident comes in to it?

Geoff Kilpatrick

Neilson laying a marker proactively for any of these tinpot committee outfits who try any nonsense. This is a professional business, not something that can be dictated to by two-bob outfits.

While I have zero sympathy for the clubs who looked after their own self interest or thought that Falkirk, Patrick and ourselves were going to be money spinning games for them, the clubs in the Northern Premier League and leagues below are allowed to have fans at game subject to maximum numbers and home fans only.

Maybe the Scottish Govt could look at the part time teams in L1 & L2, as well as the EoS and junior leagues and consider the same. For the most part, the NPL clubs like Buxton, Warrington Town, Whitby etc are usually only averaging 400-500. Warrington for example have played 2 games at home this year with crowds under 500.

Clubs like Stranraer would be able to at least get some money through the gate to help them. I get that they don’t want stadiums like Our own and ER etc with fans in them as sometimes fan behaviour and what they want especially the likes of The Ghreen Brigade is likely to end up with grounds getting shut down again. 

As far as the SPFL board are concerned, they’ve made their bed they can burn in it. The question that should have been asked when reconstruction was being talked about was if the nuclear option happens and we can’t get fans in until at least January, can you afford to play. If not, you need to mothball. Unfortunately those in charge decided that we were going to be able to get fans back in, in some form almost as soon as the season started. No one in charge had the intelligence or foresight to plan for life without fans. That is actually criminal.

7 minutes ago, merseyjambo said:

While I have zero sympathy for the clubs who looked after their own self interest or thought that Falkirk, Patrick and ourselves were going to be money spinning games for them, the clubs in the Northern Premier League and leagues below are allowed to have fans at game subject to maximum numbers and home fans only.

Maybe the Scottish Govt could look at the part time teams in L1 & L2, as well as the EoS and junior leagues and consider the same. For the most part, the NPL clubs like Buxton, Warrington Town, Whitby etc are usually only averaging 400-500. Warrington for example have played 2 games at home this year with crowds under 500.

Clubs like Stranraer would be able to at least get some money through the gate to help them. I get that they don’t want stadiums like Our own and ER etc with fans in them as sometimes fan behaviour and what they want especially the likes of The Ghreen Brigade is likely to end up with grounds getting shut down again. 

As far as the SPFL board are concerned, they’ve made their bed they can burn in it. The question that should have been asked when reconstruction was being talked about was if the nuclear option happens and we can’t get fans in until at least January, can you afford to play. If not, you need to mothball. Unfortunately those in charge decided that we were going to be able to get fans back in, in some form almost as soon as the season started. No one in charge had the intelligence or foresight to plan for life without fans. That is actually criminal.

With regard to your last paragraph. One person did and she was ridiculed from all quarters.

22 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

With regard to your last paragraph. One person did and she was ridiculed from all quarters.

I didn’t think she was on the board

3 minutes ago, merseyjambo said:

I didn’t think she was on the board

She no longer is. She may as well have been with all the shite Doncaster dumped on her.

5 hours ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Nice one.......

just keep that smile on your face Robbie when you talk about other teams struggling, a smile like “take your medicine you arse pieces”.... we all know what you mean.  Love someone to actually say to other teams “hey, what did you actually spend your 50k on?”

Ha-ha yes... great pic to accompany his measured but perfectly made comments.  Well done Robbie.   Once the Daily Re*ard gets hold of it though  ...... "Bitter Neilson in angry outburst"  :wallbash:

SFA Compliance Officer  looking up the rules as we speak ? 

I too think it is a good read and Robbie is saying all the right things which is encouraging to the support, I still fail to see how this addresses the Zlamal loan or appeases any of us who thought this was wrong!

Just now, gator said:

I too think it is a good read and Robbie is saying all the right things which is encouraging to the support, I still fail to see how this addresses the Zlamal loan or appeases any of us who thought this was wrong!

Appeasement is never the answer. 😎

7 minutes ago, gator said:

I’d be gobsmacked if something like that happens again tbh. 

2 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Appeasement is never the answer. 😎

You are correct, I was referencing the post which implied that this might change the opinion of fans who were perturbed at the loan, maybe it will for some!

28 minutes ago, gator said:

You are correct, I was referencing the post which implied that this might change the opinion of fans who were perturbed at the loan, maybe it will for some!

👍

2 hours ago, merseyjambo said:

I've said it before, Dominic Cummings is secretly advising the SPFL.  The similarities in incompetence are too strong to be coincidence.

Edited by colinmaroon

6 hours ago, 1874robbo said:

Good on him but I’m not getting how the zlamal incident comes in to it?

Well there was a big furore among alot of Hearts support about loaning him,  with some arguments questioning only hearts slogan.  Robbie neatly mentions only hearts in the article.  This is apparently from my perspective. 

1 hour ago, HMFC01 said:

Well there was a big furore among alot of Hearts support about loaning him,  with some arguments questioning only hearts slogan.  Robbie neatly mentions only hearts in the article.  This is apparently from my perspective. 

Perhaps Robbie is aware of some of the fan's furore over the loan, it is good he has come out with this article and seems to get it!

6 hours ago, HMFC01 said:

Hopefully the slogan is meant this time then, but that’s been debated elsewhere tbf.

jamboinglasgow

Robbie word's speak a lot of truth, it is pretty clear that chairmen of quite a few clubs banked on getting fans back in October. While Ann and a few others prepared for the worst. Now those with poor planning are expecting bailed out. I still think that clubs have said they could play in October as they didn't want to face being demoted for being unable to play, understandable in a way but we needed realistic decisions not optimistic ones.

26 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Robbie word's speak a lot of truth, it is pretty clear that chairmen of quite a few clubs banked on getting fans back in October. While Ann and a few others prepared for the worst. Now those with poor planning are expecting bailed out. I still think that clubs have said they could play in October as they didn't want to face being demoted for being unable to play, understandable in a way but we needed realistic decisions not optimistic ones.

Everything you say makes sense but it also made sense in March.  F#*k them, particularly Hibs.

Edited by Dirty Deeds

Motherwell obviously minted. Two Thousand or so cardboard cut outs of blank faces in their stands ???

WTF ?  In the away stand right enough 🤣😂🤣😂

50 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

Motherwell obviously minted. Two Thousand or so cardboard cut outs of blank faces in their stands ???

WTF ?  In the away stand right enough 🤣😂🤣😂

I think they've been paid for by Paddy Power - it's something to do with Missing People charity

1 minute ago, neilnunb said:

I think they've been paid for by Paddy Power - it's something to do with Missing People charity

Fair enough. Didn’t know that

Just read RN's comments, he is spot on.

If the SPFL for example were to intervene to stop lower league seasons, affecting ourselves because clubs haven't prepared correctly or, predicted this scenario, then we should be taking them straight back to court.

It is entirely up to the clubs to look after themselves and if they cannot operate then it's a case of tough shit and they should be allowed to fold without any intervention. 

Hagar the Horrible

I have said this for months now; the majority of lower league clubs want/need to mothball, but none will risk being the first.  They know everybody else will cannibalise them,  If say an Albion Rovers came out first, you will hear from Brora and Kelty.  The first club wont risk going from the 1st Division or even the Championship and being expelled into the Highland League or whatever.   But they are gambling on their very existence by trying not to blink.

I think the clubs would exhale a huge sigh of relief if the SPFL decided it would be better to suspend the league for a whole year and allow mothballing but guaranteeing their status.  However I think there was an assurance given by the leagues during the arbitration process that could mean Hearts and Partick could take them back to court and win.

The Gov wont bail out clubs.  Why should Hibs get a penny from the tax payer, when they paid off hunners of staff then bought players?  The EPL are at least in discussion to assist their lower leagues as they know there is no help not when they spend £1000m.

No furlough, clubs with deferred wages, and now the kick in the flaps, NO FANS

NO FUTURE, NO LUCK  Bwwaaaahhaaaaaaa

Hagar the Horrible

From the BBC and my tuppenceworth (in which Gareth Bale earns in 0.002 seconds based on a 40 hour week)

Why football has had its head up its own arse and has now just discovered a sense of smell

Football is now at risk of "the collapse of the national league structure that we have known for over 100 years", the government has been warned. “been warned eh that will tell them, that’s how I want my taxes spent, over and above what I choose to pay into for entertainment, it’s not any more a priority is it honestly?

A group of prominent figures has written a joint letter urging ministers to help with a coronavirus crisis rescue package. Why not use the £3000m that gets put into the game already?

They say many EFL and National League clubs are now preparing to "cease playing... and put their business into administration".  Oh what a shame, hope that’s the case here!  I will go all Kevin Keegan if true?

"We would ask that the government now make clear what financial support it's prepared to give before it is too late," the group writes.

"In order for clubs to sustain themselves over the winter and keep playing, they would need to be compensated for the loss of match ticket sales.   Why?  Pubs get compensated for the lack of pints poured?  Thespians getting compensated for the lack of applause?  This is enough to leave a bad taste in the mouth of the sex industry!

Sports have been told to prepare for several more months without gate receipts because of the rising number of coronavirus cases.

EFL chairman Rick Parry some clubs "are on the brink". Culture Secretary Oliver Dowden he was "hopeful" the Premier League would confirm it would help lower-league clubs this week.

But the government has now been told it cannot rely on the top flight, and must also provide emergency funding to cover clubs' loss of matchday revenue.   FFS all clubs have spent more than they earn and have done so since the Souness revolution"The absence of this income is not a result of their actions, but the policies that have been put in place by the government," the group writes.

"It cannot be the Premier League's sole responsibility to sort out issues arising from government policy. .  Its not the taxpayers fault they don’t save for a rainy day?

"The government itself needs to take responsibility or many already embattled towns - often in areas of the country which have suffered many hardships in recent decades - will lose their last focal point."   How about these clubs taking responsibility and cutting their cloth accordingly????

"Without any plans being made to rescue football clubs, (oh see 5 paragraphs up then?) many in the EFL and others in the National League as well, are now actively preparing to make all but essential staff redundant, cease playing, close down their youth academies and community foundations, and put their business into administration

"This could lead not only to the failure of many historic community clubs, but the collapse of the national league structure that we have known for over 100 years."

"These are decisions that will be made in the coming weeks, with many clubs unable to meet their payroll obligations for next month."  I feel for the non-playing staff and note that only 5 clubs pay the living wage,  yet some players are on over £100k pw, perhaps that could be looked at first?

The group refers to the £1.5bn bailout that the government gave to arts and cultural organisations in July. It does not get anywhere the money it needs that football still generates.  And perhaps if theatres were to put on plays BCD,  oh wait there is a flaw there as its not on the bleeding telly

"We believe that football, like other well-loved professional sports in this country, is also a cultural activity," the signatories add.

2 hours ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

I have said this for months now; the majority of lower league clubs want/need to mothball, but none will risk being the first.  They know everybody else will cannibalise them,  If say an Albion Rovers came out first, you will hear from Brora and Kelty.  The first club wont risk going from the 1st Division or even the Championship and being expelled into the Highland League or whatever.   But they are gambling on their very existence by trying not to blink.

I think the clubs would exhale a huge sigh of relief if the SPFL decided it would be better to suspend the league for a whole year and allow mothballing but guaranteeing their status.  However I think there was an assurance given by the leagues during the arbitration process that could mean Hearts and Partick could take them back to court and win.

The Gov wont bail out clubs.  Why should Hibs get a penny from the tax payer, when they paid off hunners of staff then bought players?  The EPL are at least in discussion to assist their lower leagues as they know there is no help not when they spend £1000m.

No furlough, clubs with deferred wages, and now the kick in the flaps, NO FANS

NO FUTURE, NO LUCK  Bwwaaaahhaaaaaaa

Tom English warned us about this on Sportsound back in April about Championship clubs telling him they did not want to blink first.

What did the SPFL do about that massive tip off?

11 hours ago, Cruyff said:

Just read RN's comments, he is spot on.

If the SPFL for example were to intervene to stop lower league seasons, affecting ourselves because clubs haven't prepared correctly or, predicted this scenario, then we should be taking them straight back to court.

It is entirely up to the clubs to look after themselves and if they cannot operate then it's a case of tough shit and they should be allowed to fold without any intervention. 

Considering what Moynihan said in court, there has to be promotion and relegation.

The Premiership really can't pull a fast one either without the permission of the other 3 leagues.

So SPFL board would need to propose no promotion and relegation, needing I think votes of 9.3; 8.2; 15.20 to agree.

Which is still a worry.

I stand by if there is no Championship games, we are 13th in the rankings and should be the Championship nomination.

But you never know how clubs will vote.

But it won't be based on fairness.

Edited by DETTY29

There's going to one or both of two things.

1.   Enormous **** up of epic proportions.

2.   Another corrupt scheme of self preservation.

Let's not be under any illusions.   Another skip load of shite is heading our way.

Hagar the Horrible
51 minutes ago, Victorian said:

There's going to one or both of two things.

1.   Enormous **** up of epic proportions.

2.   Another corrupt scheme of self preservation.

Let's not be under any illusions.   Another skip load of shite is heading our way.

Option 2 will be by design and a guarantee that will happen Option 1 is just the defaut setting and will be the caus and effect of option 1

1 hour ago, DETTY29 said:

Considering what Moynihan said in court, there has to be promotion and relegation.

The Premiership really can't pull a fast one either without the permission of the other 3 leagues.

So SPFL board would need to propose no promotion and relegation, needing I think votes of 9.3; 8.2; 15.20 to agree.

Which is still a worry.

I stand by if there is no Championship games, we are 13th in the rankings and should be the Championship nomination.

No matter what this corrupt organization decides to do this is the one guarantee!

4 hours ago, DETTY29 said:

Which is still a worry.

Absolutely.

The time will soon be upon us for Hearts to publicly insist that the SPFL make a public statement on how they propose to restart the lower leagues because the SPFL Board will be more than happy to pass the buck back to the clubs and allow them to do whatever they like. 

I genuinely think the best case scenario will be no lower league football until the new year with a 50% reduction in fixtures. Hearts are in a ridiculous situation : demoted into a league that can't restart because the member clubs can't afford testing, forced to continue to pay full time wages while the whole league simply drifts along but also expected to turn out for a national cup semi final with a massive handicap of no competitive football played so far. 

On 24/09/2020 at 20:55, ramrod said:

I would think  it  would be  done on last years league positions

The clubs relegated getting the option of reinstating. 

Im sure there would be a few lower league clubs desperate to play regardless of crowds being in stadiums. 

You'd have a lot of championship clubs moaning if there was any sign that we'd get reinstated without playing a game.

And as we all know, the tail wags the dog in the championship, so they'd probably win their moan.

Excellent.  Those that cannot come to the party can do one.

I'm still of the opinion that a bit of a whip-round, a bit of streaming, a bit of cost-cutting and there won't be Armageddon amongst clubs but we can still hope that there is.

57 minutes ago, AndrewB said:

Excellent.  Those that cannot come to the party can do one.

I'm still of the opinion that a bit of a whip-round, a bit of streaming, a bit of cost-cutting and there won't be Armageddon amongst clubs but we can still hope that there is.

Clubs are also due £1000 for every furloughed employee still employed at end January. 

19 minutes ago, SectionN said:

English National League teams getting a financial support package.

But the flipside is the Premiership are going to aid the EPL to the tune of £250m. 

If the Scottish Government was to aid the Highland League and lower teirs, can we reply on the SPFL top 12 to pitch in by sharing more of their tellly revenue?