Covid protocols - ‘Govt money wanted’

taylor75

Hectormasson
On 30/09/2020 at 19:47, Nelly Terraces said:

These morons just aren't getting the fact there's virtually no chance of crowds at football this season. Let them kick their 'only game that matters' can down the road - they'll soon find out its a dead end & these games have to be played sometime.

This could go into next season too ,without fans ,   its just too dangerous, 

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Pasquale for King

• Mikey1874

• Nookie Bear

Six Kilmarnock players have tested positive 

JOINT RESPONSE GROUP 01/10/20

KILMARNOCK FC UPDATE...

The Joint Response Group has tonight been informed by Kilmarnock FC that three further players have tested positive for COVID-19.

This means six players in total have now tested positive and will require to self-isolate as per Scottish Government guidelines.

The SPFL is awaiting further information from Kilmarnock FC and Ayrshire and Arran Health Board’s Test and Protect team tomorrow morning to determine the implications of the test results for tomorrow’s Premiership fixture against Motherwell.

The league body will make further comment upon receipt of that information.

Edited by ritchies75

16 minutes ago, ritchies75 said:

KILMARNOCK FC UPDATE...

The Joint Response Group has tonight been informed by Kilmarnock FC that three further players have tested positive for COVID-19.

This means six players in total have now tested positive and will require to self-isolate as per Scottish Government guidelines.

The SPFL is awaiting further information from Kilmarnock FC and Ayrshire and Arran Health Board’s Test and Protect team tomorrow morning to determine the implications of the test results for tomorrow’s Premiership fixture against Motherwell.

Cheers for the post.  I was wondering as I was reading the paper when it wil be announced.  I take it Hamilton are OK. 

17 minutes ago, Tasavallan said:

So why did Aberdeen and Celtic have games postponed?

Too much media attention about players misbehaving.  They also had to review the rules how to dish out punishments and future repercussions. 

I still don't know how they will handle this one.  My guess is if killie have enough players they have to play.  If not, they get loans from Hearts 🤔 

Edited by HMFC01

4 minutes ago, farin said:

Spfl now backed into a corner, they’ll be desperate to not call this game off. 

A mess of their own making. No doubt they’ll be looking for ways to blame us for this.

Footballfirst
8 minutes ago, farin said:

Spfl now backed into a corner, they’ll be desperate to not call this game off. 

The government couldn't be certain that the SPFL had the required controls in place at that point. I think they are more comfortable now.   Positive tests can be viewed as evidence of the controls working, although if it is shown that the players became infected doing something they shouldn't, then the shit would hit the fan once again. 

Edited by Footballfirst

37 minutes ago, ritchies75 said:

KILMARNOCK FC UPDATE...

If this is happening with teams that are testing it's going to be carnage once untested teams start playing each other no danger this season is going anywhere but a dead end

Not sure how widely it was reported in the media but there was plenty social media coverage here in Ayrshire of a Killie player in a supermarket without a mask on...

Caused quite a stir down here...a lot of debate over the likelihood of a professional athlete having a legitimate reason not to wear a mask in a shop.

If a player isn’t even complying with one of the most basic, well known COVID-19 requirements it could suggest a more general problem amongst this group of players.

12 minutes ago, JamboGraham said:

Not sure how widely it was reported in the media but there was plenty social media coverage here in Ayrshire of a Killie player in a supermarket without a mask on...

Caused quite a stir down here...a lot of debate over the likelihood of a professional athlete having a legitimate reason not to wear a mask in a shop.

If a player isn’t even complying with one of the most basic, well known COVID-19 requirements it could suggest a more general problem amongst this group of players.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/ayrshire/shoppers-fury-after-kilmarnock-star-22730457

Aaron Tshibola was not wearing a face mask in the town's Tesco Extra store earlier this week.

Aaron Tshibola was pictured in Kilmarnock's Tesco Extra store on Monday afternoon with no mask in sight, the eyewitness told.  

Article dated 23rd September. Ten days ago. 

Edited by HMFC01

1 hour ago, Deevers said:

A mess of their own making. No doubt they’ll be looking for ways to blame us for this.

I can see a halt to our friendlies looming, as you say, it's all on them!

35 minutes ago, farin said:

Yep, teams are in a bubble for a reason. Something went wrong at killie with this looks like  

Although the term 'bubble' is being used freely, players aren't spending all their time in a secure bubble. The 'bubble' is an area in which players are allowed to ignore the 2m physical distancing rule because they have in place a number of mitigations to reduce risk of transmission, such as regular testing and cleaning regimes. But it is important to understand that even following the protocols this reduces the risk of the virus being transmitted between players/ staff within the bubble, it doesn't eliminate that risk. It is also important to understand the players do not spend their whole time in this bubble. When not at training/ games, they are coming into contact with other people such as family and shop workers who might have the virus and pass it on to them and they can then attend training and pass it on to others.

The 'bubble' has always been about reducing the number of players who get the virus and detecting it early when someone does. No one designing the protocols ever expected them to stop players getting the virus either from the outside world or then passing it between each other. It is even possible to transmit it to someone on the other team during a game. The 'within 2m for 15minutes' assessment made by track and trace system is again about assessing level of risk, not a guarantee.

I don't blame supporters for not understanding this, because those involved in football have repeatedly claimed that transmission at training is impossible. Even when two of his goalkeepers were tested positive, the St Mirren manager was claiming there was no way that one caught it from the other at training. Ludicrous. It is ridiculous that football have been back for months and the media have failed to explain this basic principle to supporters - the protocols are about reducing not eliminating risk and even following all the rules players will catch and pass on the virus.

Edited by Saint Jambo

2 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

Although the term 'bubble' is being used freely, players aren't spending all their time in a secure bubble. The 'bubble' is an area in which players are allowed to ignore the 2m physical distancing rule because they have in place a number of mitigations to reduce risk of transmission, such as regular testing and cleaning regimes. But it is important to understand that even following the protocols this reduces the risk of the virus being transmitted between players/ staff within the bubble, it doesn't eliminate that risk. It is also important to understand the players do not spend their whole time in this bubble. When not at training/ games, they are coming into contact with other people such as family and shop workers who might have the virus and pass it on to them and they can then attend training and pass it on to others.

The 'bubble' has always been about reducing the number of players who get the virus and detecting it early when someone does. No one designing the protocols ever expected them to stop players getting the virus either from the outside world or then passing it between each other. It is even possible to transmit it to someone on the other team during a game. The 'within 2m for 15minutes' assessment made by track and trace system is again about assessing level of risk, not a guarantee.

I don't blame supporters for not understanding this, because those involved in football have repeatedly claimed that transmission at training is impossible. Even when two of his goalkeepers were tested positive, the St Mirren manager was claiming there was no way that one caught it from the other at training. Ludicrous. It is ridiculous that football have been back for months and the media have failed to explain this basic principle to supporters - the protocols are about reducing not eliminating risk and even following all the rules players will catch and pass on the virus.

👍

I just hope this is pay back time for us.  A few months ago it was all about celtic getting the title.  Extending the season or null and void were simply not options.  They were all smug when they voted to expel 3 clubs as it was only the financial bribe they were interested in.

Suddenly, it's all turned extremely bad.  They're running out of money, covid is still rampant and most have no on-going sources of revenue.  The league is already an irrelevant two horse race therefore the only supporters likely to come back if they could are season ticket holders.

I have to balance that with the irritating fact that hibs seemingly had money to spend on some st Mirren player.  Let's hope that by xmas they barely have enough to keep the lights on.

Hectormasson
9 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

I just hope this is pay back time for us.  A few months ago it was all about celtic getting the title.  Extending the season or null and void were simply not options.  They were all smug when they voted to expel 3 clubs as it was only the financial bribe they were interested in.

Suddenly, it's all turned extremely bad.  They're running out of money, covid is still rampant and most have no on-going sources of revenue.  The league is already an irrelevant two horse race therefore the only supporters likely to come back if they could are season ticket holders.

I have to balance that with the irritating fact that hibs seemingly had money to spend on some st Mirren player.  Let's hope that by xmas they barely have enough to keep the lights on.

Here here 👏👏👏👏👏👏

3 hours ago, HMFC01 said:

Too much media attention about players misbehaving.  They also had to review the rules how to dish out punishments and future repercussions. 

I still don't know how they will handle this one.  My guess is if killie have enough players they have to play.  If not, they get loans from Hearts 🤔 

I believe St Mirren set the precedent with having 13 fit players and bringing in an emergency keeper.  Killie will have to do the same if they have 13 players available.

Edited by Tasavallan

I don't wish ill health on anyone, not even Doncaster, but just to contradict that completely, can we please have massive covid outbreaks at ibrox, the giro and parkhead, preferably just a few days before the Cup semi finals.

Tragic that Celtic and hibs would have to be quarantined and withdrawn from the tournament.  Celtics 93 trophies in a row straight oot the windae.

A decent final between Hearts and Aberdeen of course which we have to win because they also voted against us in self interest.

The Treasurer
9 hours ago, Tasavallan said:

So why did Aberdeen and Celtic have games postponed?

They broke the rules so had to be "punished" by not playing with weakened squads. 

The Treasurer
6 hours ago, Tasavallan said:

I believe St Mirren set the precedent with having 13 fit players and bringing in an emergency keeper.  Killie will have to do the same if they have 13 players available.

This rule will suddenly be changed if one of the bigots have an outbreak leading up to the "greatest game in the world,ever".

41 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

This rule will suddenly be changed if one of the bigots have an outbreak leading up to the "greatest game in the world,ever".

Undoubtedly - and most of the Lemmings in the other clubs will sit back and just allow it to happen. 

I just don't see any way that we will complete this season, if the arseholes at the SPFL do not insist on Championship clubs testing their players. No matter how you think it through to its conclusion, its a timebomb and it will inevitably explode.

They should be forced to test, and it should have been insisted upon that they declare their ability to do so months ago, or else they would not be allowed to take part.

The only way anyone will know if the players we play against this season have it, is if they infect Hearts players. I'm actually beginning to wonder about the legalities of this tbh.

Edited by Beast Boy

3 minutes ago, Beast Boy said:

I just don't see any way that we will complete this season, if the arseholes at the SPFL do not insist on Championship clubs testing their players. No matter how you think it through to its conclusion, its a timebomb and it will inevitably explode.

The should be forced to test, and it should have been insisted upon that they declare their ability to do so months ago, or else they would not be allowed to take part.

The only way anyone will know if the players we play against this season have it, is if they infect Hearts players. I'm actually beginning to wonder about the legalities of this tbh.

Exactly. It’s yet another example of how the imbeciles that are running the game see things. Full time clubs should be forced to test.  If part time clubs can’t then they should be mothballed. Falkirk and Patrick are full time and should replace any club in the Championship in that case. Doncaster and co have purposely dithered over this. A disgrace that he picks up the salary that he does for doing SFA.

3 minutes ago, Deevers said:

Exactly. It’s yet another example of how the imbeciles that are running the game see things. Full time clubs should be forced to test.  If part time clubs can’t then they should be mothballed. Falkirk and Patrick are full time and should replace any club in the Championship in that case. Doncaster and co have purposely dithered over this. A disgrace that he picks up the salary that he does for doing SFA.

It's such an obvious disaster waiting to happen. I'm not even particularly bothered about anything else regarding the football right now. What's the point when it's patently obvious what is going to happen. There is actually a very real risk of a serious outbreak happening in the Championship, and it not being detected until it's too late. The incompetence regarding this is actually life-threatening.

Edited by Beast Boy

1 minute ago, Beast Boy said:

It's such an obvious disaster waiting to happen. I'm not even particularly bothered about anything else regarding the football right now. What's the point when it's patently obvious what is going to happen. There is actually a very real risk of a serious outbreak happening in teh Championship, and it not being detected until it's too late. The incompetence regarding this is actually life-threatening.

Instead of getting on and taking real decisions that will actually help the game, all we get is Dempster holding out the begging bowl and hoping that government will help.  The governance of the game here is little short of a joke.  This pandemic has shown up the shit show for what it actually is. Shambolic just does not do these people justice. 

2 minutes ago, Deevers said:

Instead of getting on and taking real decisions that will actually help the game, all we get is Dempster holding out the begging bowl and hoping that government will help.  The governance of the game here is little short of a joke.  This pandemic has shown up the shit show for what it actually is. Shambolic just does not do these people justice. 

The cabal only care about the cabal centre clubs. When the Championship timebomb does explode, their answer will be to call a halt to it, preventing promotion and relegation. I would suggest court will rear it's ugly head again, when this happens.

Hagar the Horrible

how far removed from reality are the people running our game, our R number is at 1.7, which in real terms its probable over 2, so that if 1 person spreads it and it doubles every day after a week 127 people have it, knowing this Rod the Tache is going back to the Government to appeal to NS to allow fans in at the Israel game, in the most rat infested squalid unhygienic dirty covid plague ridden shithole on the planet.  so lets have 2,000 in?  If they all caught it at the game within a week and they all spead it then 250K people will have it.  There will be no FANS this season, whats not to understand, there will be lockdowns as a result, but hay ho, football is far more important than pub, schools, unis, hairdressers etc.

In the great scheme of things, Shanks was so far off the mark,  Football is not a matter of life and death, its just not worth a fart of a consideration

3 minutes ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

how far removed from reality are the people running our game, our R number is at 1.7, which in real terms its probable over 2, so that if 1 person spreads it and it doubles every day after a week 127 people have it, knowing this Rod the Tache is going back to the Government to appeal to NS to allow fans in at the Israel game, in the most rat infested squalid unhygienic dirty covid plague ridden shithole on the planet.  so lets have 2,000 in?  If they all caught it at the game within a week and they all spead it then 250K people will have it.  There will be no FANS this season, whats not to understand, there will be lockdowns as a result, but hay ho, football is far more important than pub, schools, unis, hairdressers etc.

In the great scheme of things, Shanks was so far off the mark,  Football is not a matter of life and death, its just not worth a fart of a consideration

All being done at Celtics behest. They are desperate for the return of crowds. I believe they have been canvassing certain MSPs in an effort to push things on. Their desperation is manifest in all of this. They don’t really care about the pandemic, it’s all about what Celtic want. Helped of course by their useful idiots at both the SFA and SPFL.

Hagar the Horrible
8 minutes ago, Deevers said:

All being done at Celtics behest. They are desperate for the return of crowds. I believe they have been canvassing certain MSPs in an effort to push things on. Their desperation is manifest in all of this. They don’t really care about the pandemic, it’s all about what Celtic want. Helped of course by their useful idiots at both the SFA and SPFL.

It wont take long for proof of this to manifest itself!  not that proof is a requirement, we all know.  But lets see in the next couple of weeks the furoure surrounding zero fans at the OF game,  There will be attepts to postpone it, it was already scheduled not at random by the league fixtures guy in his US bedroom, just so happened it was scheduled this season after the fans were going to be allowed back in, not week 3 in which it has been scheduled for like ever!

I hope any attepts by Celtic for special treatment causes all out war,  Their best allies in this stM will go tonto

Also well done on the OF for reaching the groups stages, but as numbers are not out of control, it would be funny beyond belief if football is suspended full stop, and they have to withdraw from the Ueropa league

Petrie trying to get fans in to Scotland game is 100% to get fans into Old Firm game.

Another sign football is trying it on. Nicola Sturgeon said yesterday there would no change to anything till 15 October at earliest. 

8 minutes ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

It wont take long for proof of this to manifest itself!  not that proof is a requirement, we all know.  But lets see in the next couple of weeks the furoure surrounding zero fans at the OF game,  There will be attepts to postpone it, it was already scheduled not at random by the league fixtures guy in his US bedroom, just so happened it was scheduled this season after the fans were going to be allowed back in, not week 3 in which it has been scheduled for like ever!

I hope any attepts by Celtic for special treatment causes all out war,  Their best allies in this stM will go tonto

Also well done on the OF for reaching the groups stages, but as numbers are not out of control, it would be funny beyond belief if football is suspended full stop, and they have to withdraw from the Ueropa league

Hmmm...not sure why any other club would choose particular fight when they have obstinately refused to question any of the shenanigans up til now.

This is the league they backed with their votes. They backed Doncaster and they backed being celtic's bitches - that was essentially what the vote was for.

It's not our problem anymore.

34 minutes ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

If we have a schools holiday 'circuit break' lockdown is the bigot fest smack in the middle of it?

Edited by DETTY29

6 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

If we have a schools holiday 'circuit break' lockdown is the bigot fest smack in the middle of it?

From what i understand the plan for the school holiday is a restriction on travel.

John Findlay

I will say again. If Scottish Labour were in control of Holyrood. Celtic FC would be having supporters at their games.

Thank feck Scottish Labour are not in control at Hokyrood.

16 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

I will say again. If Scottish Labour were in control of Holyrood. Celtic FC would be having supporters at their games.

I suspect this too. Can't prove it obviously, but history on other matters suggests so.

3 minutes ago, ritchies75 said:

Daily Record backtracking on the story, now saying it might go ahead with underage side 

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/kilmarnock-vs-motherwell-ayrshire-club-22780751

The kind you find in primary school?

:wow:

Seriously though... this is a total ****ing shambles.

Edited by Beast Boy

Dusk_Till_Dawn
1 hour ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

The idiots running our game would not care if Ebola was crawling around the streets. They would be trying to get crowds back through the door and making sure Celtic got their shot at 10 in a row. 

If I want as much carnage as possible, do I want a forfeit or an extremely weak Killie team or a postponement?

Don't particularly hate Killie or Motherwell so I can feel a bit neutral.  As long as it is worst possible outcome for the league and the powers that be.

24 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

I'm surprised the Scottish Nationalists aren't backing the Irish Nationalists TBH. Well not yet anyway.

So imagine this was Dundee FC in a few weeks instead of Kilmarnock now.  Those players would be taking to the pitch against us, untested, and carrying the virus.

Edited by Beast Boy

Dusk_Till_Dawn
5 minutes ago, AndrewB said:

If I want as much carnage as possible, do I want a forfeit or an extremely weak Killie team or a postponement?

Don't particularly hate Killie or Motherwell so I can feel a bit neutral.  As long as it is worst possible outcome for the league and the powers that be.

By a mile the best scenario is Killie field a weak team and lose about 8-0. All credibility gone 

Frankly I couldn't give a **** about Kilmarnock or Motherwell, but does everyone on here realise what would happen if this was happening at a team about to play Hearts? Which it will...

Hagar the Horrible
8 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

This is why it would be safer if squads were split into 2,  if one half caught it in training then you can still filed a strong 11.  I hope this happens to Hibs before the Semi, its not as though they have a strong reserve or academy team, because they let them go and are now watching Homes under the hammer

NaturalOrder74

As a SM fan you’d be pretty raging if their game gets postponed and they we’re forced to play 
There must be someone sitting thinking what if we make all these games go ahead and it happens to Celtic* 

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, Deevers said:

All being done at Celtics behest. They are desperate for the return of crowds. I believe they have been canvassing certain MSPs in an effort to push things on. Their desperation is manifest in all of this. They don’t really care about the pandemic, it’s all about MONEY. Helped of course by their useful idiots at both the SFA and SPFL.

FTFY 👍🏽