Covid protocols - ‘Govt money wanted’

taylor75

Dusk_Till_Dawn

One thing that is immensely 

:pleasing:

is that despite the SPFL’s attempts to fiddle the fixture list to get a crowd into the old firm derby, it won’t be happening.

GIRUY Doncaster you ****ing prick

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Pasquale for King

• Mikey1874

• Nookie Bear

The Mighty Thor
39 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

is that despite the SPFL’s attempts to fiddle the fixture list to get a crowd into the old firm derby, it won’t be happening.

That is beautiful. 

Hope it hurts. A lot. 

54 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Hence Celtic working behind the scenes for a postponement.

9 hours ago, Barack said:

Don't subscribe to the argument either, that if a club went under, it would damage community spirit and local business.

If Livingston's SKY call centre closed or slashes jobs, getting rid of a couple hundred, or a couple of thousand people, what's going to affect the town more? Mass unemployment, or not watching Livingston on a Saturday. 

"Community spirit" to me going by some folk's arguments, is drinking in the pub before & afterwards. Which they'll not have anymore.

Well, it's hardly ****ing conducive to that already, wouldn't you say(!)

100% agree. The ‘heart of the community’ thing is just being used by Chairmen why have managed their clubs badly in an attempt to get govt funding or handouts.  If these clubs were so important to the local community it would be very easy for the communities to provide the funding their club needs, at this time, to see out the season and the virus.  The population of Arbroath is about 25,000. £20 donations to foundation of Arbroath by each member of the community would raise circa £0.5m, more than enough to see them through. Alloa’s population is 20k so £400k for them. 
It just confirms that the vast majority of football clubs up here are run by guys who just want the publicity and media coverage rather than anything altruistic like community services.  If Alloa go to the wall surely their owner and chair cannot possibly succeed to the role of President of the SFA? 

7 hours ago, Deevers said:

Would not be at all surprised to see a revamped championship. Got a feeling at least a couple will pull out.  Alloa and Morton would be my bets. Would they bring in Falkirk and Partick who are full time though.

Would have to be voted on. Dunno what way it would go if it was tho.

4 hours ago, HMFC01 said:

Was Friday nights previously.  BBC Scotland shows the live champ games.  You've also got BBC alba showing scotprem matches either Saturday or Sundays. 

Plus highlights shows both Saturday and Sunday also the Saturday goals show at 3pm I think.  Then the radio sportsound. 

Could be misremembering but someone on here said BBC Scotland had the right to screen 20 Championship games over the course of the season, so nearly one per round of fixtures. I'm hoping we'll be on cooncil telly a lot as a result.

30 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

100% agree. The ‘heart of the community’ thing is just being used by Chairmen why have managed their clubs badly in an attempt to get govt funding or handouts.  If these clubs were so important to the local community it would be very easy for the communities to provide the funding their club needs, at this time, to see out the season and the virus.  The population of Arbroath is about 25,000. £20 donations to foundation of Arbroath by each member of the community would raise circa £0.5m, more than enough to see them through. Alloa’s population is 20k so £400k for them. 
It just confirms that the vast majority of football clubs up here are run by guys who just want the publicity and media coverage rather than anything altruistic like community services.  If Alloa go to the wall surely their owner and chair cannot possibly succeed to the role of President of the SFA? 

I was thinking about this today, what theee clubs hope to achieve, and the only answer I have is that they exist solely so they can get a cup game against the old firm. 

That’s it. 

If, by some miracle, Alloa were top of the Championship in March then they would be shitting themselves at getting promotion with all the costs involved and would probably have to refuse it. 

2 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

I was thinking about this today, what theee clubs hope to achieve, and the only answer I have is that they exist solely so they can get a cup game against the old firm. 

That’s it. 

If, by some miracle, Alloa were top of the Championship in March then they would be shitting themselves at getting promotion with all the costs involved and would probably have to refuse it. 

I think they exist to satisfy their owners ego’s.  Stenhousemuir owner gets a weekly article in Scotsman. Alloa’s owner  is VP of the SFA. In reality none of them are important nor bring much to the game. 

2 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Here's the risk of a positive test if you are not testing regularly.

and here it starts, domino effect coming

Guest ToqueJambo
5 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

It has to be everyone tests or no-one does. Otherwise the SPFL is basically saying our league below the Premiership is amateur.

16 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

I think they exist to satisfy their owners ego’s.  Stenhousemuir owner gets a weekly article in Scotsman. Alloa’s owner  is VP of the SFA. In reality none of them are important nor bring much to the game. 

And there are Junior clubs that get better crowds and are much more important to their communities. 

They need to regionalise and start being competitive within their amateur leagues. 

Game changer the East Stirling test. Presume this wasn't foreseen by the JRG. 

Good timing. There is enough time with 27 games to catch up subject to a decent winter. 

But this should change the decision on testing at clubs. 

Edited by Mikey1874

8 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

And there are Junior clubs that get better crowds and are much more important to their communities. 

They need to regionalise and start being competitive within their amateur leagues. 

Topically, Stenhousemuir were papped out the Scottish Cup by Penicuik Athletic the season before last. These clubs will eventually find their level, and that is good for everyone in the game.

Just now, Beast Boy said:

Topically, Stenhousemuir were papped out the Scottish Cup by Penicuik Athletic the season before last. These clubs will eventually find their level, and that is good for everyone in the game.

I don’t think they will find their true level unless forced to by Covid and someone having the balls to kick them out. 

Otherwise they will just continue polluting the game with their cheap blazers and cheaper plastic pitches. 

This is what happened in England with Leyton Orient and another club.

If not paying for your own regular testing, whole club self isolates and if other individuals get symptoms, then they can go for a test by waiting in the queue like anyone else.

Edited by DETTY29

A lot of folks think football should be helped by the government etc in these tough times - i don't see it why should they put football ahead of places like the Kings Theatre/Festival Theatre !!??i listen to talksport and a rich ******* has already told clubs he"ll give the lower leagues £200 million but he wants the interest back via the Premier League clubs down south ,chances of that here are heehaw

4 hours ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

My point is our game needs to be overhauled regardless. 

I get what you are saying re relying on ticket sales but at the end of the day that just plays in OF remaining dominant.

Agreed on 1st point.

Everything plays into the OF remaining dominant, though.   Distribution of SPFL prize money, access to CL/Europa funds, and the very fact that both have a zillion bigots around the world willing to buy their sh1t and in-house TV passes.     Their dominance is never going to change until some kind of Euro super league comes into being and they naively invite the OF to join due to their (ahem) pedigree.   Will that ever happen ?    Covid has probably put any possibility of that back by 10 years at least.

I don't see the point of  hoping it will ever change - however if we can learn to recruit wisely, scout cleverly for the academy,  and make good coaching appointments, we can be best of the rest in Scotland within 3 or 4 years.

I've put this on the Covid Shed thread but now that Ohio (?) college players that test positive are running at 15-20% risk of heart damage, I don't think Hearts really should be playing where we are.

I'd add that the players should be badgering Fraser Wishart too.

This is not something you want to catch as an 'elite' sports person.

Edited by DETTY29

1 minute ago, DETTY29 said:

This is what happened in England with Leyton Orient and another club.

If not paying for your own regular testing, whole club self isolates until you get symptoms, then you can go for a test by waiting in the queue like anyone else.

Untrue Orient weren't allowed to play even after confirming they had enough players to play - hull city still played v west ham however even tho they hadn't been tested (lower league teams don't need tested for some reason) but Orient did (premier team pays for test)

Dusk_Till_Dawn
Just now, rory78 said:

Untrue Orient weren't allowed to play even after confirming they had enough players to play - hull city still played v west ham however even tho they hadn't been tested (lower league teams don't need tested for some reason) but Orient did (premier team pays for test)

Hence why in future, lower leagues clubs will decline the offer of tests

4 minutes ago, rory78 said:

Thanks.

Maybe should have put a ? at the end.

Remember it was West Ham players who are twice weekly tested, that were positive and not Hull.

So I may be correct still, or PHE has decided Orient were too much of a risk from the data they had.

Edited by DETTY29

45 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Agreed, vast majority of league 1 and 2 clubs would disappear quickly if the leagues were regionalised below top 24-30 clubs

LarrysRightFoot
25 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

Agreed on 1st point.

Everything plays into the OF remaining dominant, though.   Distribution of SPFL prize money, access to CL/Europa funds, and the very fact that both have a zillion bigots around the world willing to buy their sh1t and in-house TV passes.     Their dominance is never going to change until some kind of Euro super league comes into being and they naively invite the OF to join due to their (ahem) pedigree.   Will that ever happen ?    Covid has probably put any possibility of that back by 10 years at least.

I don't see the point of  hoping it will ever change - however if we can learn to recruit wisely, scout cleverly for the academy,  and make good coaching appointments, we can be best of the rest in Scotland within 3 or 4 years.

Maybe I am naive or just a dreamer but I don’t want to be the best of the rest - I want us to be the best! I was going to say even just once but that’s be a lie I want more than that.

It could happen but things would need to change for it to be possible - a  16 or 18 team top flight, quotas on youth/academy products and foreign players, proper and daily split TV and sponsorship deals. Or one of James Anderson’s pals buy us.

14 minutes ago, The White Cockade said:

Championship and lower leagues and Betfred Cup won’t get played this season imo

No betfred cup would be at a huge cost. It’s not just Hearts that have been preparing for the new league so the championship will definitely go ahead. The lower leagues I am not so sure that they will go ahead. 

1 hour ago, soonbe110 said:

Good post.   Slightly twisting your example shows that even just a one-off donation by those folk in the "community" who can afford (say) £50 would see them through - but as Barack's post implies, what percentage of folk in these towns actually care enough to throw £50  at their local club ?    Alloa, Stenny, Brechin, Montrose, Methil etc ....   

1 hour ago, Nookie Bear said:

That’s it. 

Yes.... it's a weird one.  Most of these wee clubs seem to be run by folk with a bowling club committee mentality. Many have a social club (Phoenix Nights springs to mind)  which probably gets more attention and produces more income than the football team. 

I sometimes wonder what Mulraney and the  chairmen of these wee clubs make of Livi - a johnny-come-lately club who are now fairly established in the Premier with a home support of 2k-3k.    You'd think that would be a realistic model for these clubs to follow if they actually wanted to play with the big boys - so the fact that they don't,  suggests that they are content just existing hand-to-mouth and praying for a cup game against a big Premier club (as you say).    The merging of the SFL and SPFL  gave a huge boost to the egos of folk like  Mulraney - the chance of a seat at the top table when their club simply does not merit it.

10 minutes ago, Rods said:

No betfred cup would be at a huge cost. It’s not just Hearts that have been preparing for the new league so the championship will definitely go ahead. The lower leagues I am not so sure that they will go ahead. 

Naive in the extreme.

5 minutes ago, Whatever said:

Naive in the extreme.

Lets take some examples

Dunfermiline recived Nesbitt money have they put it away incase of mothball no they have bought players

Queen of the south recieved Dykes money have they put it away because of mothball no they have bought players

Dundee been making signings including Charlie Adam do you think they want to mothball and pay Adams wages for a year?

Raith Rovers have installed a system to stream their games have they done that as they were going to mothball.

Inverness, Morton and Ayr have also been making signings so they are going to pay those players to sit on the sidelines. 

If the two part time clubs wish to mothball they will be replaced by Partick and Falkirk

Fans will still be able to watch thier team abliet via a stream and some money is better than none. Also prize money for the completion of the league and the potential to make it to the premier league,

Your being overly paranoid I understand why to be honest we have been shafted recently. 

1 hour ago, Footballfirst said:

Strange that their statement doesn't shed light on how the player came to be tested in the first place.  The wording suggests it wasn't the club who tested him, so   he may have been the recipient of a call from Track & Trace due to someone outside the club  having been tested positive  .... got tested himself (positive) ...and now the whole club has to self-isolate per the Track & Trace process (which may lead to more positive tests  if some have symptoms).   

A perfect example of how the "football bubble" is  total fabricated nonsense to try to hoodwink the government into allowing football to restart.    Surprising that Jason and Nicola fell for it - I thought they were more astute than that.

1 hour ago, ToqueJambo said:

It has to be everyone tests or no-one does. Otherwise the SPFL is basically saying our league below the Premiership is amateur.

Seems that way, yes.    The SPFL have cast the 3 lower leagues adrift now.   The first Champ club to declare the same thing as East  Stirling may well spell scupper our season unfortunately.

No reason why most league one and league two clubs couldn't have fans in.

All it would take is using their current register of fans (ST holders and previous ST holders at a minimum) to see who can get in.

The White Cockade
28 minutes ago, Rods said:

I hope we do play but what has changed since the decision to delay the start until October?

Covid figures worse now than then

Likely no crowds allowed this season 
It’s not looking great

Dusk_Till_Dawn
4 minutes ago, The White Cockade said:

I hope we do play but what has changed since the decision to delay the start until October?

Covid figures worse now than then

Likely no crowds allowed this season 
It’s not looking great

Add to that, the SPFL don’t give a **** about anything below the Premiership 

Could easily have been a 1000 fans at Tynecastle today safely.

Sitting outside in the fresh air  with plenty of space.

We have plenty  of toilets around the ground,just keep each section to there own toilet block.

Timed access,delayed departure..isnt difficult.

Your outside..surely safer than visiting the local tesco's/pub

1 minute ago, Tott said:

We have plenty  of toilets around the ground,just keep each section to there own toilet block.

Off on a tangent but Noticed today also that we went in to the new stand at halftime, Patrick  into wheatfield changing rooms 

Just now, south morocco said:

Off on a tangent but Noticed today also that we went in to the new stand at halftime, Patrick  into wheatfield changing rooms 

never noticed halftime  tbh.

Though at full time i thought both teams went to the wheatfield tunnel.

Or should i say as a true Jambo i left with 10 mins to go and had a beer in my kitchen 🙂

Just now, Tott said:

never noticed halftime  tbh.

Though at full time i thought both teams went to the wheatfield tunnel.

Or should i say as a true Jambo i left with 10 mins to go and had a beer in my kitchen 🙂

Me too 🤣🤣

28 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

Strange that their statement doesn't shed light on how the player came to be tested in the first place.  The wording suggests it wasn't the club who tested him, so   he may have been the recipient of a call from Track & Trace due to someone outside the club  having been tested positive  .... got tested himself (positive) ...and now the whole club has to self-isolate per the Track & Trace process (which may lead to more positive tests  if some have symptoms).   

A perfect example of how the "football bubble" is  total fabricated nonsense to try to hoodwink the government into allowing football to restart.    Surprising that Jason and Nicola fell for it - I thought they were more astute than that.

The general thing is people who have Covid symptoms get tests. Can happen to anyone. 

But absolutely right to ask questions. 

20 minutes ago, Tott said:

Think it's something like 4% of Covid is caught outdoors. 

NaturalOrder74

So if 3 goalkeepers get it they have to play the game, what happens if full squad has to isolate ? Surely inevitable at some point one team or more will have to do this, forfeit 3 points ? 

1 hour ago, The White Cockade said:

Championship and lower leagues and Betfred Cup won’t get played this season imo

No chance Betfred cup would be cancelled. How would that mob win a treble without it?

Edited by AHS51

1 minute ago, AHS51 said:

No chance Betfred cup would be cancelled. How would that mob win a treble without it?

doncaster would find a way to award them it

31 minutes ago, south morocco said:

Why do you find that surprising.

2 hours ago, south morocco said:

I noticed wba and Chelsea do that Saturday evening.  Although it  was from the same stand but separate tunnels.  Not sure how close they are inside the stand.