• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Pasquale for King

• Mikey1874

• Nookie Bear

Surely clubs at Highland League level just play with smaller lesser paid squads for a year. Not ideal but there cost base will be players/managers and the simple solution is to eliminate that cost.

3 minutes ago, SectionFJambo said:

Surely clubs at Highland League level just play with smaller lesser paid squads for a year. Not ideal but there cost base will be players/managers and the simple solution is to eliminate that cost.

Surely these players either play as amateurs or they don't play at all.

31 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

I wonder how much Orient were bought off for?

Not sure about that but Spurs paid for the tests to be done 

26 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

And the LO chairman has said if the same scenario happened, he just wouldn't do the tests.

This is what the very few decent people in football are up against.

Sadly this is the case ( in life too) 

1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

Agree of course but the problem is that is not how it will work is it.. 

well a precident has been set , albeit in a different country 

King Of The Cat Cafe

It would surprise absolutely no one at all on here if in May 2021, at conclusion of the Premiership,  the SPFL decided to freeze all league standings in Scotland (or lack of them) at that point for another season if a substantial number of games outwith the Premiership had not been played.

Indeed, there may be those among the "top 12" who would be hoping for such an outcome.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
3 minutes ago, King Of The Cat Cafe said:

It would surprise absolutely no one at all on here if in May 2021, at conclusion of the Premiership,  the SPFL decided to freeze all league standings in Scotland (or lack of them) at that point for another season if a substantial number of games outwith the Premiership had not been played.

Indeed, there may be those among the "top 12" who would be hoping for such an outcome.

I think this scenario is nailed on

9 minutes ago, King Of The Cat Cafe said:

And who's to say that Alloa / Ayr / Raith might not want to freeze the standings to have another go at getting us there twice a season in 2021/2022?

9 minutes ago, King Of The Cat Cafe said:

They have set a precedence already. They have argued for it in court. I am sure we would just bypass the SFA this time and go back to court. That scenario may even see us get the reperations we deserve. 

Heart of Darkness
50 minutes ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

Football a legacy or an obituary

A prodigious quality of thought is this warning of that mariner to the wedding guest. Or it might just prove a placid obituary to the game itself.  Football is heading for an extinction level event, we are sailing into those waters blind.  That captain will kill our game not with a salvo of cannon, but with a gormless grin.

God created the idiot for practice before perfecting the SPFL board.

The majority of clubs marched to the precipice upon a Liewell rousing speech, those whom will regret that the most will be the ones carrying banners.  A gormless miasma of a heard of maggots.

But Scottish football has delivered the best parable of the uneducated showing superior intelligence of the deluded authoritarians and arrogant chairmen. The masses have shown nothing but 20/20 foresight.  Hearts fans in particular, having had the rope cut from our small boat leaving us astray on the outside adrift in the ocean doldrums, we have come to see that they have expelled us into their only lifeboat, while they are taking on water faster than they can pump out.  The very deep did rot: Oh Christ that ev’r this should be, yea slimy things did crawl with legs upon a slimy sea.

You will note I used the term “chairmen” I take pride in not using the term chairperson as that would include Ann Budge who has used her age, experience and womanhood as a weapon and not as an “ism”.  We have all seen the course this ship has set sail for.  We are not screaming we will fall off the end of the world.  What we are saying is we can’t go into the central Atlantic Ocean with a large crew at the time when the doldrums generate little or no wind for the sails. We have all set sail in the good ship SPFL supplied with a can of diet Irn Bru and a packet of prawn cocktail crisps for a six month journey.   I won’t apologise for my personal lack of fondness of those products being used as an example of moral busting sustenance, it makes the point!

Having been on several leadership courses when dealing dishonest behaviour we are taught to deal with the act, its impact rather than the person.  In our case and using Doncaster as the primary protagonist, Our rhetoric should be “you went beyond your scope of responsibility”, “you failed to meet your expertise”, “you did not act with the best interests of the game as a whole, but rather focused on a few”  Doncaster did allow himself to be led rather than show leadership.  All of this is better than being personal,  “Ugly rubber faced fool” , “incompetent” and a liar.  We should not attack the person but rather his actions and only then will those actions demonstrate to all his ethics and competency for all to see.  Confront the behaviour.  

Once we assess the impact of the behaviour and have confronted it.  Then it becomes a time for reflection, we went to court as there was real and provable financial damage.  We never had our day in court as the arena was not of our choosing.  We had to fight in a darkened cesspit, the wrong forum for the wrong war! A platform that allowed those whom act without integrity to continue to do so.  The teaching instruct us to move onto the next phase, be prepared for disappointment, do not fixate on the wrong doings and be emotionally attached to  the bad practices of the SFA/PSFL   We have to learn and deal with the fact that our disappointment is easier to handle than not standing our ground and fighting our corner.  We can and do stand proud, we have shown leadership when there was none, we have shown integrity in an unethical world.  It’s time for us to move on!  Spend our energy on what’s now important and elevate ourselves above it!

But this is the crux of the matter, the problem with all of that is we have been ordered to move on, it has not been our choice, the ownership of that decision only lies with ourselves. The problem with all those teachings is yes it does allow the bitterness to be sweetened, but we are left to lick an open wound that has become infected, and just will not heal.

To move on the protagonist and all the wrong doers have to in some way be accountable even though they can scream VINDICATED, otherwise, the ability to just move on is impossible when you are chained to a wall of their building.  We have been wronged and the worst part is our “Very Able Person” is only truly able in submitting more carnage that once again we will be squarely in the target sights of any action for the good of the game.

Football is now stuck in those doldrums of the mid Atlantic, do we sail south to the Antarctic in mid-winter, back north whence we came, or try East/West for some yet undiscovered land? As static as a painted ship upon a painted ocean.  No we stay where we are, throw those below decks over-board and steal their can of diet Irn-Bru and prawn cocktail crisps.  We cannot unshackle ourselves from those chains when we can all see that further harm is aimed straight at us.  We cannot focus our energy on “Moving on” when further harm is pending.  So in those aspects of Leadership training it is compound bollocks when focussing on the persons actions of unethical behaviour, he didn’t just lie for the greater good, He is a pathological liar hell bent on serving one master.

One would expect Ann Budge is like our sulky sullen dame, gathering her brows like gathering storm, nursing our wrath to keep it warm.  Although I hope the good ship SPFL is heading into that tempest of the perfect storm.  We are in the only lifeboat calm in the eye of the storm, safe as long as we are there.  However it would be preferred if Ann calmly loaded all the diet Irn-bru and crisps onto the lifeboat before we were cast adrift.

We will in all probability once we have piloted ourselves to safer water and arrived at a friendly port, be like that ancient mariner warning the wedding guests of that albatross  Doncaster what evil looks, instead of a cross the Albatross about my neck has hung.

It’s not a binary choice to harness the anger and seek vengeance or act with the coldness of a viper.  We the fans have all the choices. But the club itself I would advise don’t use anger or emotion be cold and unforgiving the ruthlessness of a predator killing for sport rather than necessity.  We can stand tall only then we can we “ Just move on”,  its only then we refrain from gloating,  we do something crueller , we confine our enemies to a far worse fate, we forget them!

The idiocy of mass incompetence of the collective of those chairmen upon the board of broken dreams.  That curse won’t be lifted instead they shall killeth all albatross upon the southern seas. With a heavy thump, a lifeless lump they drop down one by one, Once these clubs die I might not attend their funeral, but I will send a nice letter on how I approve of it. Sportscene will only be aired on the history channel. But no matter how much self-interest, greed and corruption the football authorities and our sycophantic media have demonstrated, the music of their death march will be wonderful.

Here was me thinking Moby Dick was the biggest thing I have read 😀

That sir was far better than Melville's watery book!!

Great read. 👏👏👏

2 minutes ago, Rods said:

They have set a precedence already. They have argued for it in court. I am sure we would just bypass the SFA this time and go back to court. That scenario may even see us get the reperations we deserve. 

Hi Rods.

I think you've mentioned going back to court once or twice.  I'd love to see us back there - if I thought we had a case.  Are you confident the above scenario would be entertained by the court.  Wouldn't it be sent back to the arbitration route again?  

3 minutes ago, Rods said:

I think what is said in court isn't binding.

But the man behind a lot of the SPFL's approach - Gerry Moynihan QC - said that promotion and relegation are fundamental to the operation of the league. 

Hagar the Horrible
1 minute ago, AndrewB said:

Hi Rods.

I think you've mentioned going back to court once or twice.  I'd love to see us back there - if I thought we had a case.  Are you confident the above scenario would be entertained by the court.  Wouldn't it be sent back to the arbitration route again?  

We could seek permission from the SFA, but they wont grant that, but they might if almost every lower clubs kicks up a storm

3 minutes ago, Rods said:

But the man behind a lot of the SPFL's approach - Gerry Moynihan QC - said that promotion and relegation are fundamental to the operation of the league. 

2 minutes ago, AndrewB said:

Hi Rods.

We certainly would not take it lying down. Promotion and relegation are the fundamentals of football. It’s not me that saying this it was the SPFL laywer who did.

@Mikey1874 Beat me to it

Edited by Rods

1 hour ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

Football a legacy or an obituary

A prodigious quality of thought is this warning of that mariner to the wedding guest. Or it might just prove a placid obituary to the game itself.  Football is heading for an extinction level event, we are sailing into those waters blind.  That captain will kill our game not with a salvo of cannon, but with a gormless grin.

God created the idiot for practice before perfecting the SPFL board.

The majority of clubs marched to the precipice upon a Liewell rousing speech, those whom will regret that the most will be the ones carrying banners.  A gormless miasma of a heard of maggots.

But Scottish football has delivered the best parable of the uneducated showing superior intelligence of the deluded authoritarians and arrogant chairmen. The masses have shown nothing but 20/20 foresight.  Hearts fans in particular, having had the rope cut from our small boat leaving us astray on the outside adrift in the ocean doldrums, we have come to see that they have expelled us into their only lifeboat, while they are taking on water faster than they can pump out.  The very deep did rot: Oh Christ that ev’r this should be, yea slimy things did crawl with legs upon a slimy sea.

You will note I used the term “chairmen” I take pride in not using the term chairperson as that would include Ann Budge who has used her age, experience and womanhood as a weapon and not as an “ism”.  We have all seen the course this ship has set sail for.  We are not screaming we will fall off the end of the world.  What we are saying is we can’t go into the central Atlantic Ocean with a large crew at the time when the doldrums generate little or no wind for the sails. We have all set sail in the good ship SPFL supplied with a can of diet Irn Bru and a packet of prawn cocktail crisps for a six month journey.   I won’t apologise for my personal lack of fondness of those products being used as an example of moral busting sustenance, it makes the point!

Having been on several leadership courses when dealing dishonest behaviour we are taught to deal with the act, its impact rather than the person.  In our case and using Doncaster as the primary protagonist, Our rhetoric should be “you went beyond your scope of responsibility”, “you failed to meet your expertise”, “you did not act with the best interests of the game as a whole, but rather focused on a few”  Doncaster did allow himself to be led rather than show leadership.  All of this is better than being personal,  “Ugly rubber faced fool” , “incompetent” and a liar.  We should not attack the person but rather his actions and only then will those actions demonstrate to all his ethics and competency for all to see.  Confront the behaviour.  

Once we assess the impact of the behaviour and have confronted it.  Then it becomes a time for reflection, we went to court as there was real and provable financial damage.  We never had our day in court as the arena was not of our choosing.  We had to fight in a darkened cesspit, the wrong forum for the wrong war! A platform that allowed those whom act without integrity to continue to do so.  The teaching instruct us to move onto the next phase, be prepared for disappointment, do not fixate on the wrong doings and be emotionally attached to  the bad practices of the SFA/PSFL   We have to learn and deal with the fact that our disappointment is easier to handle than not standing our ground and fighting our corner.  We can and do stand proud, we have shown leadership when there was none, we have shown integrity in an unethical world.  It’s time for us to move on!  Spend our energy on what’s now important and elevate ourselves above it!

But this is the crux of the matter, the problem with all of that is we have been ordered to move on, it has not been our choice, the ownership of that decision only lies with ourselves. The problem with all those teachings is yes it does allow the bitterness to be sweetened, but we are left to lick an open wound that has become infected, and just will not heal.

To move on the protagonist and all the wrong doers have to in some way be accountable even though they can scream VINDICATED, otherwise, the ability to just move on is impossible when you are chained to a wall of their building.  We have been wronged and the worst part is our “Very Able Person” is only truly able in submitting more carnage that once again we will be squarely in the target sights of any action for the good of the game.

Football is now stuck in those doldrums of the mid Atlantic, do we sail south to the Antarctic in mid-winter, back north whence we came, or try East/West for some yet undiscovered land? As static as a painted ship upon a painted ocean.  No we stay where we are, throw those below decks over-board and steal their can of diet Irn-Bru and prawn cocktail crisps.  We cannot unshackle ourselves from those chains when we can all see that further harm is aimed straight at us.  We cannot focus our energy on “Moving on” when further harm is pending.  So in those aspects of Leadership training it is compound bollocks when focussing on the persons actions of unethical behaviour, he didn’t just lie for the greater good, He is a pathological liar hell bent on serving one master.

One would expect Ann Budge is like our sulky sullen dame, gathering her brows like gathering storm, nursing our wrath to keep it warm.  Although I hope the good ship SPFL is heading into that tempest of the perfect storm.  We are in the only lifeboat calm in the eye of the storm, safe as long as we are there.  However it would be preferred if Ann calmly loaded all the diet Irn-bru and crisps onto the lifeboat before we were cast adrift.

We will in all probability once we have piloted ourselves to safer water and arrived at a friendly port, be like that ancient mariner warning the wedding guests of that albatross  Doncaster what evil looks, instead of a cross the Albatross about my neck has hung.

It’s not a binary choice to harness the anger and seek vengeance or act with the coldness of a viper.  We the fans have all the choices. But the club itself I would advise don’t use anger or emotion be cold and unforgiving the ruthlessness of a predator killing for sport rather than necessity.  We can stand tall only then we can we “ Just move on”,  its only then we refrain from gloating,  we do something crueller , we confine our enemies to a far worse fate, we forget them!

The idiocy of mass incompetence of the collective of those chairmen upon the board of broken dreams.  That curse won’t be lifted instead they shall killeth all albatross upon the southern seas. With a heavy thump, a lifeless lump they drop down one by one, Once these clubs die I might not attend their funeral, but I will send a nice letter on how I approve of it. Sportscene will only be aired on the history channel. But no matter how much self-interest, greed and corruption the football authorities and our sycophantic media have demonstrated, the music of their death march will be wonderful.

Enjoyed that Hagar - bang on the money!

197 days since Covid-19 first shut down football in this country. This afternoon the football authorities in Scotland finally asked clubs to “supply information about how long they could survive without gate money and what the size of the financial impact would be”.

A case study in shutting the stable door once the horse has bolted.

Edited by JamboGraham

13 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Peterhead chairman now looking towards mothballing the season

Why does Peterhead’s problem now become the Leagues problem when these tinpot outfits blatantly voted in their own personal interest in April?

Where was the unity then?

If Peterhead cannot fulfil fixtures then they contact the league and either withdraw, play amateurs or shut the **** up. 

And take your medicine McInally. 

Edited by Nookie Bear

Hagar the Horrible
14 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Then replace with kelty ir brora who can

The Mighty Thor
13 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

He can mothball his club if he wants. 

He can then apply to rejoin the league pyramid system along with other hopefuls in 2021

Don’t have a clue how things are going to pan out but I’d stick a few quid on us getting shafted one way or another.

Leagues will probably not start and we’ll be told it’s for everyones best interests and to keep them alive. 

If that was to happen I would want Hearts to come out and challenge it and say “you do that you put us out of business” whether it’s true or not. We’re worth more to the SPFL than all these tin pot teams put together whether they’d like to admit it or not.

Why should we suffer to protect these pishy wee no-mark amateur clubs? 

I don’t have any animosity towards most lower  league clubs, believe it or not, but they have far to much clout considering what they contribute to the game in Scotland; jack shit

**** off and play down your local GOALS pitches where you belong, if you can get the fees together that is, and stop taking valuable resources away from the clubs who are  actually trying to achieve something. 

Sick of this “community hub” pish they all come out with. You want to be a charity then go be a charity ffs.

Had my wee rant. Needed that, it’s been awhile! 

24 minutes ago, JamboGraham said:

197 days since Covid-19 first shut down football in this country. This afternoon the football authorities in Scotland finally asked clubs to “supply information about how long they could survive without gate money and what the size of the financial impact would be”.

A case study in shutting the stable door once the horse has bolted.

I just can't get over how these people have the ****ing nerve. In fairness I suppose the small clubs were led by the nose with the threat of financial penalties and vague promises, by the top 12. **** them all. I was talking to a Ross County fan in March, an ex friend of mine, and he said "we're only acting in our interests". I said at the time are you sure about that and outlined the likely scenario. I can't even be arsed to say I told you so. 

Worthing Jambo

The drawbridge is up so any bail out would be for the top division only.

The rest of us are in the little village outside the castle walls.

We are reliant on the generosity of the benefactors to stay in business.

Who profits from the season ticket money?

No individual does, it all sustains the running of the club.

Hearts are, in essence a charity, WE keep it going or choose not to.

Oh, and Doncaster doesn’t think a fan owned model is right for Scottish football.

6 minutes ago, Worthing Jambo said:

The drawbridge is up so any bail out would be for the top division only.

The rest of us are in the little village outside the castle walls.

We are reliant on the generosity of the benefactors to stay in business.

Who profits from the season ticket money?

No individual does, it all sustains the running of the club.

Hearts are, in essence a charity, WE keep it going or choose not to.

Oh, and Doncaster doesn’t think a fan owned model is right for Scottish football.

I don't think they are going to get a bailout. While the money may be small fry in English terms, the amount of money even the smaller of the 12 get paid should rule that out. Cut wages, cut playing squads...have you tried that yet. Well GTF. That's what the SG should be saying.

Hagar the Horrible

I would like to think if the season and our league is forced to mothball then that would prove they lied in arbitration and we will have the right to return to court proper for £8m we were seeking. I am sure we have that in writing that the spfl were reluctant to diclose

gorgie rd eh11
31 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Brass necked ****. If you can't play you're bust, tough ****.

Did clubs not need to give some sort of guarantee that they would be able to start in October when there were the votes about reconstruction and/or the league starting in October. My memory is they all said yes, although I also recall some pundits saying that clubs were happy to admit off the record that they were lying and they knew that if things hadn't changed by October they wouldn't be able to play. Far from having the goalposts moved for their benefit again, clubs who gave false information over the summer should be getting punished. 

4 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

Did clubs not need to give some sort of guarantee that they would be able to start in October when there were the votes about reconstruction and/or the league starting in October. My memory is they all said yes, although I also recall some pundits saying that clubs were happy to admit off the record that they were lying and they knew that if things hadn't changed by October they wouldn't be able to play. Far from having the goalposts moved for their benefit again, clubs who gave false information over the summer should be getting punished. 

I think there was an assumption fans woul dbe allowed back by October.

The attitude of the Peterhead boy is a huge part of the problem. Wanted the league delayed in the summer then made no preparations for the entirely predictable situation. Now it all just seems like there will be “hassle down the road” so he’s rather mothball. Cut your cloth accordingly then ya welt. As soon as something becomes challenging too many Scottish clubs have a wee tantrum saying it’s “too hard” and as result just do nothing. Wasters.

Worthing Jambo
36 minutes ago, SE16 3LN said:

I don't think they are going to get a bailout. While the money may be small fry in English terms, the amount of money even the smaller of the 12 get paid should rule that out. Cut wages, cut playing squads...have you tried that yet. Well GTF. That's what the SG should be saying.

Doncaster’s mentality is to position themselves for a bail out.

If it doesn’t happen then he will say that he did all he could to get one.

The Sky money was to see the top division through before fans returned.

If Hearts went under, it would then vindicate his stance on fan owned clubs.

Hearts being fan owned is too dangerous to their cabal.

36 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

I'm sure Gary Deans said something like that on Sportsound. 

28 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

This is the same Peterhead chairman who said on Sportsound that mothballing wasn't an option.

if he said that then it just shows how shambolic the game is in Scotland.  

3 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Surely only some promotions and some relegations!

Was trying to find something in a WhatsApp group, and on 23 May I sent a message.

I was listening to Sportsound at the time and it was mentioned (Brian McLaughlin I'm sure) that the Championship clubs were likely to go with a 27 game league starting in October as a FAVOUR to Hearts.

Their real preference was 18 games starting in January 2021.

Just now, Rattatooi said:

That last bit about funding for testing. Did clubs not get £50k each for testing?

I don’t think they had to spend it on testing but it should have been ringfenced for each club for testing purposes. Seems it was just a freebie for club chairman to do as they wish. 

8 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

Was trying to find something in a WhatsApp group, and on 23 May I sent a message.

I was listening to Sportsound at the time and it was mentioned (Brian McLaughlin I'm sure) that the Championship clubs were likely to go with a 27 game league starting in October as a FAVOUR to Hearts.

Their real preference was 18 games starting in January 2021.

Ridiculous. 

3 minutes ago, stevie1874 said:

I don’t think they had to spend it on testing but it should have been ringfenced for each club for testing purposes. Seems it was just a freebie for club chairman to do as they wish. 

James Anderson must be a smart guy and he's made more money than I ever will but dishing out all that cash was an odd decision. 

5 minutes ago, Barack said:

They had to apply based on criteria relating to community benefits...or something along those lines, iirc.

Anderson didn't hand them a cheque, per se.

I recall one of them complaining he had to fill in forms and explain where he would spend it before JA released the funds. 

Tinpot. 

8 minutes ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

James Anderson must be a smart guy and he's made more money than I ever will but dishing out all that cash was an odd decision. 

I know it’s like it was the last throw of the dice to buy us some goodwill.