*** Other Scottish football match thread, for anyone who gives a ****

tartofmidlothian

9 hours ago, RobNox said:

If it wasn't for their good start to the season, they'd be facing relegation for sure.  Someone over there posted the record of the bottom 6 over the last 30 games, and they are 1 point off bottom place.

That's good to take it back that far. This was before the Dundee defeat. 

• Replies 63k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• neilnunb

• Mikey1874

• Bazzas right boot

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

PapaShango

Hibs are in all kinds of bother, stemming from their dodgy owner who seems to spin them some lines and they fall for it. The bigger picture is that they are not an attractive prospect for any players, budgets will get cut and back to empty stadium most week (unless playing us). It's karma in all it's glory and no wonder Hearts fans are revelling in it. With poor recruitment they could be in big trouble next season. They only have 2 or 3 players that are half decent, the rest are ageing and poor / average. With the Gordon son being clueless and in charge of recruitment it's not going to get any better in the foreseeable future. 

It is definitely true Hibs should be looking at themselves as relegation favourites. 

Without Martin Boyle they would have been relegated. 

buzzbomb1958
10 hours ago, Ked said:

Lovely.

Thanks buddy

Doesn’t he know that was the plan all along glorious 

Shooter McGavin

Ron only bought the club to give his clueless son a job.

I seriously hope he does as much damage as possible in his next round of recruitment, and that s*** stain of a club is finally flushed down the toilet.

Laughable when the Hibees say their players aren't fit to wear the Hibs jersey when they are absolutely perfect for the part!

RustyRightPeg
1 hour ago, Shooter McGavin said:

Ron only bought the club to give his clueless son a job.

I seriously hope he does as much damage as possible in his next round of recruitment, and that s*** stain of a club is finally flushed down the toilet.

sounds very Roman Romanov’y

Does anyone know roughly how many ST they ****s have sold for next season? Someone told me last week and it was a pitifully low number. Almost too low to believe.

jamboinglasgow
7 hours ago, Vlad Magic said:

Hibs need a new manager and nearly a full squad brought in.

Where is the money coming from to pay for all that?

Their ST sales are pitiful.

Can imagine they will try to flog Porteous and Doig in the summer. They would also flog Nisbet if he wasn't injured.

That Hibs support last night. Bloody hell, even Ross County take more to games. They've given up.

🤣🤣🤣

Kevin Thomson has permission to talks with raith rovers. Could be second year in a row after kelty win league then lose manager

RustyRightPeg
42 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Kevin Thomson has permission to talks with raith rovers. Could be second year in a row after kelty win league then lose manager

He’s also talking to Hartlepool apparently, odd one. 

Scott Brown talking to Fleetwood and Raith too. 

4 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

He’s also talking to Hartlepool apparently, odd one. 

Scott Brown talking to Fleetwood and Raith too. 

Brown supposedly going to Fleetwood. Ruled himself out of Raith.

Liam Fox also being touted.

On 11/05/2022 at 08:22, Deevers said:

They are actually at the tipping point now. 

On the pitch a really poor side and likely to continue like that.  Poor management who are forced to accept players into the squad they don’t actually want and forced to play them.

in the background a absentee owner who has his grubby mitts on all their real estate thanks to all the bankrolling he has done for them. All his people (including his son) in all the administrative positions of influence inside the club. 

A fan base who are libel to stay away next season and starve the club of the money needed just to move on with day to day aspects. All the time a growing criticism of the owner getting more and more vicious. 

I wonder when Ron will get fed up of all of this and decide to pull the plug and walk away. It might actually be quite difficult to find someone with the money to buy him out. One thing is certain it won’t be their “fans”.

Fans won’t chip in to a club unless it’s on its knees financially and facing extinction. Our club being a case in point. Just being shite isnt going to raise money.

The truly remarkable and unique thing about Hearts fans financing the club is here we are 6 years later still doing it and increasing the numbers

John Findlay
15 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

The truly remarkable and unique thing about Hearts fans financing the club is here we are 6 years later still doing it and increasing the numbers

I take it Arithmetic wasn't your strongest subject at school?

20 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Simply didn’t count back to see how long it was John. Wasn’t really my point. Gold star to the platform sweeper

4 hours ago, Newton51 said:

Why would you leave a team that is flying high, and a breath of fresh air in the Scottish leagues, to join a club that has well and truly stagnated in recent years (decades) and found itself at the centre of a major controversy which it's board still didn't really admit they done much wrong on?

Kelty will likely be in League One for 1 year, then they will be up in the league that Raith are currently in.  They might even find themselves passing each other on the way up/down.

Does he know something we don't, or does he think that he doesn't have the squad/ability to take them up and is getting out whilst his stock is relatively high?

4 hours ago, neilnunb said:

Brown supposedly going to Fleetwood. Ruled himself out of Raith.

Liam Fox also being touted.

brown confirmed as fleetwood manager

RustyRightPeg
1 hour ago, tian447 said:

Why would you leave a team that is flying high, and a breath of fresh air in the Scottish leagues, to join a club that has well and truly stagnated in recent years (decades) and found itself at the centre of a major controversy which it's board still didn't really admit they done much wrong on?

Kelty will likely be in League One for 1 year, then they will be up in the league that Raith are currently in.  They might even find themselves passing each other on the way up/down.

Does he know something we don't, or does he think that he doesn't have the squad/ability to take them up and is getting out whilst his stock is relatively high?

was the same with Ferguson last year. Absolutely killed his career with that move to Alloa. 

HeartsandonlyHearts
21 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

brown confirmed as fleetwood manager

That’s a good move for them. 
Good guy, great management resume. 
Wait, what.

The fact he doesn’t speak the language could be an issue.

Ford Prentice
54 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Connor Smith playing for Queens Park against Airdrie. Live on Alba soon.

Scott McGill on the bench for Airdrie.

Tasavallan
1 hour ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Connor Smith playing for Queens Park against Airdrie. Live on Alba soon.

Ian Murray swearing a lot.

Portable Badger
6 hours ago, John Findlay said:

He was only counting the number of fingers on his hand !!😉

5 minutes ago, Tasavallan said:

Yon Simon Murray is one ugly *******.

Decent finish there though but aye

Mind you, goalkeeper impersonating a starfish 😐

Edited by neilnunb

jamboinglasgow

Airdrie equalise through a penalty.

Dawned on me that there is a brother in each team, Connor Smith playing for Queens Park and his older brother Callum playing for Airdrie. 

38 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

I didn't know Owen Coyle joined Queens Park until I just saw him on the touchline there.   Good appointment. 

I was ill that week it was in the news.   Missed it ☺ 

https://www.footballscotland.co.uk/spfl/scottish-league-1/owen-coyle-appointed-queens-park-23497752

It’s a Strange one as doesn’t take over fully until june. Is that allowed to have 2 managers In dugout. Do you not have this registered with the league 

The fawning obsequiousness towards a manager who spent £25m this season to win the league is nauseating.  The Parkhead Jannie could have done it.

2 hours ago, briever said:

The fawning obsequiousness towards a manager who spent £25m this season to win the league is nauseating.  The Parkhead Jannie could have done it.

A potted houseplant could have done it.

Let's not forget the incredibly ropey start they had when he first came in, and they were falling over themselves to question his appointment.  Fans were screaming for him to be sacked as early in the season as September as they spunked points left, right, and centre, and now he's the second coming of Jesus himself and the best thing that's ever happened to the club.  Funny how having a budget of 50x your other rivals makes things easy.

Malinga the Swinga
2 hours ago, tian447 said:

A potted houseplant could have done it.

Let's not forget the incredibly ropey start they had when he first came in, and they were falling over themselves to question his appointment.  Fans were screaming for him to be sacked as early in the season as September as they spunked points left, right, and centre, and now he's the second coming of Jesus himself and the best thing that's ever happened to the club.  Funny how having a budget of 50x your other rivals makes things easy.

Now now, you should know the rules. Only Rangers and Celtic are allowed to use financial discrepancies as an excuse when they lose in Europe.

Not permitted to mention their budgets compared to other Scottish clubs.

41 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Now now, you should know the rules. Only Rangers and Celtic are allowed to use financial discrepancies as an excuse when they lose in Europe.

I'll await my fine in the post from the GFA... sorry, the SFA, for bringing the game into disrepute :( 

Said it before and I'll say it again. It really is quite embarrasing to award 'manager of the year' to either of these managers. Anyone who knows the Scottish league must wet themselves at the crawling, and a**e licking our so called journalists churn out on a regular basis.

Maybe I shouldn't be too hard on them. They'd probably get sacked if they wrote the truth about the total inequality in Scotland.

Makes you sick.

The Treasurer
2 hours ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

The media rave about them when they put six or seven past the likes of Hamilton but they lose in Europe and suddenly its not a level playing field 

DesertDawg

In an effort to return to more competitive games, Annan play Edinburgh City to see who makes League 1 in about 30 minutes and Arbroath start against Inverness in 45 minutes to see who makes the Premier League play-off against St. Johnstone.

Cammy Logan gives a penalty to Annan.    Looks a dive to me from second angle behind the goal.   1-0 Annan.    I think that referee looks familiar.    Possibly an arsehole referee.   Euan Anderson. 

Edited by HMFC01

August Landmesser
On 10/05/2022 at 20:43, Nookie Bear said:

City look shook. Soft penalty, but have been pummelled all game so far.

Sorry NB, I still haven't worked out how to delete the quote box...

Edited by August Landmesser

Annan 2-0 from a corner.  Crap two handed  attempt to save, man on post but it still goes in.   Threw their two nil lead away. 

Edited by HMFC01

Edinburgh City 2-0 down after 20 minutes, back to 2-2 on aggregate. 

Would like to see them win, just for the sake of having another Edinburgh team doing well! 

Malinga the Swinga
Just now, tian447 said:

Is the Arbroath game on the TV again tonight? 

BBC Alba or online BBC Sport