*** Other Scottish football match thread, for anyone who gives a ****

tartofmidlothian

Euan Anderson is an arsehole.   Gives Annan afoul for a kick from behind.    Just after the same for Edinburgh without a free kick given. 

• Replies 63k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• neilnunb

• Mikey1874

• Bazzas right boot

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

They keep saying its a sell out at Gayfield , but there is  a lot of empty seats.

Is it an Easter Road type sell out?

All roads lead to Gorgie
9 minutes ago, merrymac said:

They keep saying its a sell out at Gayfield , but there is  a lot of empty seats.

It looks like the home end is sold out, the opposite of Easter Road 🙂

August Landmesser
12 minutes ago, merrymac said:

Looks like that's the away section of the main stand, could be you get the choice to upgrade to a seat once you're in the ground, and it's a dry night so folk are taking advantage of proper terracing.

Maybe?

2 minutes ago, August Landmesser said:

Looks like that's the away section of the main stand, could be you get the choice to upgrade to a seat once you're in the ground, and it's a dry night so folk are taking advantage of proper terracing.

Maybe?

Big gaps behind goal tho could be fenced off. Not sure how this ground would be allowed in the premiership 

All roads lead to Gorgie

I've seen better quality football down the local park! Chronically bad.

DesertDawg
3 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Big gaps behind goal tho could be fenced off. Not sure how this ground would be allowed in the premiership 

Plenty of rumours going around that they'd have to play some, if not all, home games in Dundee.

Percival King

I'd been looking forward to this game but it's been utter garbage. Was Chris Hamiltons shot which was inches wide (about 150 inches) the closest to a goal?

8 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Judging by this shitshow I’d doubt it’ll ever be an issue.

Neither of these teams are beating St Johnstone on this showing. Maybe nerves but poor showing from both sides

Fantastic season for Arbroath.  Hope they win this but you'd have to think St Johnstone would be a bridge too far.

Remember new rangers finding that when Motherwell took about 20 off them. 😂

19 minutes ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

It looks like the home end is sold out, the opposite of Easter Road 🙂

Probably all the adults payed full price as well😳

vegas-voss
3 hours ago, The Treasurer said:

The media rave about them when they put six or seven past the likes of Hamilton but they lose in Europe and suddenly its not a level playing field 

Most of the teams Celtic lose to in Europe have a lower wage bill than them

Goal Edinburgh.   Good goal from long range.   Curled over the keeper.   Into the corner.   Murray. 

August Landmesser
18 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Apparently the licensing requirements for the Championship are identical to the Premiership, so Arbroath are fine.

August Landmesser
Just now, DesertDawg said:

Edinburgh City score!  2-1 now.  3-2 aggregate.

Lovely goal too

Percival King

I wonder if Scotland is the only country where the commentator and pundit speak different languages.

Davie Irons is explaining about how it doesn't matter if you're losing on the night if you're winning the tie overall, insightful stuff.

1 minute ago, August Landmesser said:

Apparently the licensing requirements for the Championship are identical to the Premiership, so Arbroath are fine.

Aye basically if it’s got a pitch and a few rickety old stands it’ll do. And they wonder how we struggle to promote the game up here!

August Landmesser
1 minute ago, Rudy T said:

Aye basically if it’s got a pitch and a few rickety old stands it’ll do. And they wonder how we struggle to promote the game up here!

Tbf those are my favourite types of grounds! Gayfield will be a cracking awayday, really hope they make it up

2 minutes ago, August Landmesser said:

Tbf those are my favourite types of grounds! Gayfield will be a cracking awayday, really hope they make it up

Yeah they’re good away days but let’s be honest it’s not exactly drawing the sponsors in. Wasn’t that long ago Hamilton had a bus parked behind the goal😂 If we want to start getting money into the game we’re going to have to start looking like a professional league rather than a Sunday league.

28 minutes ago, DesertDawg said:

Plenty of rumours going around that they'd have to play some, if not all, home games in Dundee.

Pretty sure they were told it would be alright, without any groundsharing. 

I hope they come up!   Would be some change for the top flight, having Arbroath away as a fixture. Old school stadium, decent transport links - plenty of worse stadiums to go to! 

DesertDawg
2 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

Yeah they’re good away days but let’s be honest it’s not exactly drawing the sponsors in. Wasn’t that long ago Hamilton had a bus parked behind the goal😂 If we want to start getting money into the game we’re going to have to start looking like a professional league rather than a Sunday league.

I know what you're getting at but they do have nice stadia at Dunfermline and Falkirk......in League 1.  🥺

Just now, 151 said:

This. 

No better than amateur standard.

Wtf was that last effort. Controls it, steadies himself for a shot and puts it over the roof of the stand 😂

Rick Sanchez

I don't mind ICT. I even bought a ticket during lockdown. But looking at both the teams the only thing I don't want in the top flight is Billy Dodds.

So for that reason, Mon the Arbroath.

1 minute ago, DesertDawg said:

I know what you're getting at but they do have nice stadia at Dunfermline and Falkirk......in League 1.  🥺

Im not so sure I’d say Dunfermlines is anything special but Falkirk were absolutely shat on having to build that stadium.

What a great save by Edinburgh keeper Brian Schwake.  Again he stops.    Unbelievable. 

Edited by HMFC01

Boyces beard

As bad as St Johnstone are, you would expect them to take care of Arbroath or ICT quite easily based on there performance tonight. Absolutely horrible to watch.

I nearly got crushed as a 13 year old in 1978 last game of the season behind the goals when we needed to win for promotion, was jam packed, was scary stuff back then🙀

Percival King
33 minutes ago, CostaJambo said:

John Young the Arbroath coach looks like he's eaten Ronnie Corbett.

And Dick Campbell looks like he's even two Ronnie Barkers.