*** Other Scottish football match thread, for anyone who gives a ****

tartofmidlothian

Raith/Dundee Utd double.

We're having a weekend away and I want something big to celebrate prior to us thrashing Livingston.

• Replies 17.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• neilnunb

• Mikey1874

• sadj

• Hearts007

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

For me it’s them calling themselves ‘professional’… wtf is professional about financially relying on a ground 3/4 full of AWAY fans! If it’s within the rules then crack on… but don’t tell me it’s not unprofessional, tinpot, pathetic, embarrassing, amateurish. No wonder Scottish football gets slagged rotten!

You won’t see me defending these ****ing tramps kowtowing to the old firm either. The last thing those pair need is yet another advantage among the many advantages they already have. **** st Mirren, st Johnstone, Motherwell and the rest. 

Rogue Daddy
2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

You won’t see me defending these ****ing tramps kowtowing to the old firm either. The last thing those pair need is yet another advantage among the many advantages they already have. **** st Mirren, st Johnstone, Motherwell and the rest. 

Yep. It’s also another reason why nothing changes in our game. The uglies just get stronger thanks to these teams. It’s why these tramps never vote against them or want to ‘rock the boat’… desperate for  OF pound. Tinpot. 

Forever Hearts
22 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

For me it’s them calling themselves ‘professional’… wtf is professional about financially relying on a ground 3/4 full of AWAY fans! If it’s within the rules then crack on… but don’t tell me it’s not unprofessional, tinpot, pathetic, embarrassing, amateurish. No wonder Scottish football gets slagged rotten!

It's called reality, St Johnstone can't magically pull fans out of thin air.  It's a good job you're not their Chairman or they would've went bust years ago. 

ToqueJambo
5 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

It's called reality, St Johnstone can't magically pull fans out of thin air.  It's a good job you're not their Chairman or they would've went bust years ago. 

Then they should accept their situation and cut their cloth accordingly instead of going against what football is supposed to be all about. 

Edited by ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

Then they should accept their situation and cut their cloth accordingly instead of going against what football is supposed to be all about. 

Excellent post. I knew we’d agree on something eventually 😀

Rogue Daddy
4 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Aye, so let’s all sell out to the uglies. Maybe they shouldn’t have such a ‘big’ ground/capacity, maybe they should be semi-professional? As Toque says, maybe they should cut their cloth accordingly and live within their means instead of whoring themselves to the old firm. Devaluing our game further. 

Rogue Daddy
8 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

This 100% 👍

McGlynn The Money

Hi lads, thanks for all the good wishes tonight. Here's hoping my boys do the business for me.

Cheers.

Forever Hearts
34 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

They're maximising their income. I take it you're not involved in business? 

Forever Hearts
31 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

Aye, so let’s all sell out to the uglies. Maybe they shouldn’t have such a ‘big’ ground/capacity, maybe they should be semi-professional? As Toque says, maybe they should cut their cloth accordingly and live within their means instead of whoring themselves to the old firm. Devaluing our game further. 

Their ground is 30 years old and they were getting bigger crowds back then. 

1 minute ago, Forever Hearts said:

They're maximising their income. I take it you're not involved in business? 

I’ve been involved in business for a long time. Surely one of the first rules is not to rely on just a couple of your customers for survival (in this instance, relying on the old firm). There’s also the very obvious issue of these clubs being in the old firm’s pockets. 

Out of curiosity, why the determination to defend clubs offering the old firm a further advantage? Do you like Rangers and Celtic running Scottish football?

scott herbertson
43 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

I can see why you are saying this - I hate the thought of the Old Firm's dominance being aided in this way.

However if I was  St Johnstone fan I would be looking at those trophies they have just won. If they did what you say they could kiss goodbye to ever winning anything like that ever again. It would be noble but self defeating

1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

**** that. It should be stamped out. It’s a never ending old firm jerk fest and in effect an extra home game for them. All these shitty little clubs should be ashamed of themselves relying on the old firm for their survival. 

Sickening. 

Rogue Daddy
15 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

15 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

I can see why you are saying this - I hate the thought of the Old Firm's dominance being aided in this way.

However if I was  St Johnstone fan I would be looking at those trophies they have just won. If they did what you say they could kiss goodbye to ever winning anything like that ever again. It would be noble but self defeating

Here’s the thing though … as you say they won both cups last season. That was phenomenal for a team outside the OF. If there was ever a reason for their fans to return (and a lot of them did for their European games)… where the feck are they when the uglies come to town!?  
I struggle to consider these teams ‘professional’ when the RELY on the OF pound. How can a team be viewed as professional when their finances depend on a rival team(s)? It’s one of the reasons the uglies dominate everything ‘Scottish football’… whether the St Js/Livis or whoever, rely on the money or not, they are a part of Scottish footballs problem. They are helping the old firms dominance of our game. 

Edited by Rogue Daddy
1 minute ago, Hearts007 said:

keeper beaten at that angle   :facepalm:

Couldnt even tell hibs had scored by the United commentators their tone hasnt changed at any point so far

Just now, sadj said:

Couldnt even tell hibs had scored by the United commentators their tone hasnt changed at any point so far

😄

Forever Hearts
40 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I’ve been involved in business for a long time. Surely one of the first rules is not to rely on just a couple of your customers for survival (in this instance, relying on the old firm). There’s also the very obvious issue of these clubs being in the old firm’s pockets. 

Out of curiosity, why the determination to defend clubs offering the old firm a further advantage? Do you like Rangers and Celtic running Scottish football?

I live in the real world. Callum Davidson won two cups last year with players bought from a limited budget. Do you think he would've won those trophies playing in front of three men and a dog when the Old Firm were in town and gate receipts of 30 pence? Like it or not, they put money into St Johnstone's coffers and they maximise it to their benefit.  

7 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

I live in the real world. Callum Davidson won two cups last year with players bought from a limited budget. Do you think he would've won those trophies playing in front of three men and a dog when the Old Firm were in town and gate receipts of 30 pence? Like it or not, they put money into St Johnstone's coffers and they maximise it to their benefit.  

I live in the real world as well. There are bad businesses with bad business models in the real world. Businesses who actually cause harm to the industries they are in by their actions. 

You are isolating st Johnstone in this argument because of their brief success. The long term harm all of these clubs are doing to the game up here in helping the old firm is the real crux of the argument. Not that they used their old firm dough for a bit of short term gain. 

Again, quite why you, a hearts fan, are so determined to defend them is quite odd. 

Edited by GinRummy
Forever Hearts
7 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I live in the real world as well. There are bad businesses with bad business models in the real world. Businesses who actually cause harm to the industries they are in by their actions. 

You are isolating st Johnstone in this argument because of their brief success. The long term harm all of these clubs are doing to the game up here in helping the old firm is the real crux of the argument. Not that they used their old firm dough for a bit of short term gain. 

Again, quite why you, a hearts fan, are so determined to defend them is quite odd. 

And why you are so keen to slate a small club maximising their income is odd too. 

Just now, Forever Hearts said:

And why you are so keen to slate a small club maximising their income is odd too. 

It’s not though. I’ve explained it really clearly. Clubs maximising the advantage of the old firm is damaging to the game. I don’t think I can make it any clearer but I’m happy to try if you still don’t understand. 

Horatio Caine

When United realise that the aim of the game is to put the ball in their opponents' net we might get a better match

Rogue Daddy
7 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

It’s not though. I’ve explained it really clearly. Clubs maximising the advantage of the old firm is damaging to the game. I don’t think I can make it any clearer but I’m happy to try if you still don’t understand. 

😂 wasting your breath mate!

Salad Fingers

Well that's that then. United all over the place at the back. Hobos are pretty dangerous on the attack.

Salad Fingers
Just now, Robbies Tackle said:

FFS them at Hampden again it seems and this time with fans.

Helps when they never seem to draw the OF in the early rounds. 

jonnothejambo
1 minute ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Let's hope they get St Johnstone.

Forever Hearts
11 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

It appears it's you that doesn't understand. They don’t have the fans to fill their own ground so in order to maximise their limited income they sell tickets to away fans.

This allows them to keep their head above water (like many other Scottish clubs) and means they can buy a better standard of player. 

If you can't grasp that then too bad. It's reality.

Leveins Battalion
1 minute ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Makes no difference with them.

Just now, Salad Fingers said:

Probably avoid them both in the semi as well although st. Johnstone are their bogey team 

Robbies Tackle
1 minute ago, jonnothejambo said:

Let's hope they get St Johnstone.

2 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

Both true.  We shouldn't have been playing the OF early either though.