*** Other Scottish football match thread, for anyone who gives a ****

tartofmidlothian

LarrysRightFoot
1 hour ago, Saint Jambo said:

One of a few on the BBC who are fine until they come to talking about their own teams at which point they are allowed to turn into fanzine pundits. Similar with using Willie Miller to commentate on Aberdeen or Bonnar to commentate on Celtic. It's pretty pointless because they are so biased.

Hughes take on Hibs penalty 

St Johnstone will feel hard done by, that was never a penalty kick. Referee John Beaton didn't have a great game and I think he was guessing. There were so many players in front of him

• Replies 62.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• neilnunb

• Mikey1874

• Bazzas right boot

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Jambo in Bathgate
3 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

BBC have hubz moving above us into second place with the same goal difference as us - alphabetically it should be us 

am I missing something 

The answer to that is in the report on BBC!!! Hibs moved back into second with the win. Lot of sh1t. They are second equal. What a shower. Standard of journalism in Scotland no word to describe how poor it is. BBC is full of airhead reporters. Anyone decent moves out quickly. Even a certain supporter of ours has gone backwards. 

3 minutes ago, Jambo in Bathgate said:

The answer to that is in the report on BBC!!! Hibs moved back into second with the win. Lot of sh1t. They are second equal. What a shower. Standard of journalism in Scotland no word to describe how poor it is. BBC is full of airhead reporters. Anyone decent moves out quickly. Even a certain supporter of ours has gone backwards. 

technically they are right as hibs have scored one more goal than us

10 goals from Boyle and 6 from penalties 😂 the past two have been wrong calls with the others questionable. You’d like to think these things will even up but their luck doesn’t look like stopping.

On a serious note. While it is pleasing to see Celtic drop points at home to Dundee Utd, in a sense, the result annoys me. It annoys me because we completely outplayed Dundee Utd at Tannadice not long ago yet they can still go to Parkhead and get a draw. Whereas when we went to Parkhead we completely shat the bed and had lost the game by half time. Why is this? Why?

I don't expect us to go to Parkhead or Ibrox and win regularly. I do live in the real world. But if Dundee Utd can go through there and nab a point then there is no reason why we should be going through there and getting run over the top of. We have to stand up and be more proactive and mentally tougher when we go away to the Old Firm. 

8 minutes ago, DS98 said:

Hibs next four games are Sevco, Dundee Utd, Aberdeen and Celtic. If they are still level with us after those then I’ll start taking them seriously. 

THIS . FTH 

11 minutes ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

Hughes take on Hibs penalty 

St Johnstone will feel hard done by, that was never a penalty kick. Referee John Beaton didn't have a great game and I think he was guessing. There were so many players in front of him

Same on Thursday ! Colum guessing and getting it fecken wrong. Both arrogant pricks. You’ve got to hope it evens out and Hibs will get shafted somewhere down the line.

2 minutes ago, No Idle Talk said:

On a serious note. While it is pleasing to see Celtic drop points at home to Dundee Utd, in a sense, the result annoys me. It annoys me because we completely outplayed Dundee Utd at Tannadice not long ago yet they can still go to Parkhead and get a draw. Whereas when we went to Parkhead we completely shat the bed and had lost the game by half time. Why is this? Why?

I don't expect us to go to Parkhead or Ibrox and win regularly. I do live in the real world. But if Dundee Utd can go through there and nab a point then there is no reason why we should be going through there and getting run over the top of. We have to stand up and be more proactive and mentally tougher when we go away to the Old Firm. 

Rangers and Celtic always raise their game against us

4 minutes ago, No Idle Talk said:

We played Celtic at Parkhead when they were flying.

This is Celtic without their captain, best player (Christie), top goal scorer (Kyogo) and an £18m striker. 

52 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

They’ll probably fancy their chances against Celtic. Not so much Rangers though.

Will be interesting to see if the "go lightly" rule against their little cousins still exists now that Brown & Lennon are away.

37 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

13,263 at Easter Road 🤣🤣🤣

Pathetic. Do Hibs still tacitly allow mass abuse of their concession season tickets to inflate season ticket numbers. If so, their core support must be in 4 digits. :D

31 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

BBC have hubz moving above us into second place with the same goal difference as us - alphabetically it should be us 

am I missing something 

I'd say BBC hubs love-in but...

29 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Goals scored 13 to 12

And goals gifted!

Edited by Gizmo

6 minutes ago, HillmanHearts said:

Same on Thursday ! Colum guessing and getting it fecken wrong. Both arrogant pricks. You’ve got to hope it evens out and Hibs will get shafted somewhere down the line.

I heard Yogi on the radio they could have had two pens in the first half?

1 minute ago, Four faces said:

Where you been coming?That's the question.

How that guy is still posting on here is a mystery. Strange behaviour posting on another teams forum, especially when you’re teams playing!

10 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Rangers and Celtic always raise their game against us

Do they? Or do we just hand them the initiative by not threatening them.

7 minutes ago, HillmanHearts said:

Surely evening out means we get loads of biased shit decisions in our favour now?

That's how it works for the OF!

7 minutes ago, DS98 said:

We played Celtic at Parkhead when they were flying.

This is Celtic without their captain, best player (Christie), top goal scorer (Kyogo) and an £18m striker. 

Ryan Christie was definitely not their best player. I do however take your point about them having Kyogo and Edouard when we played them.

The trouble is, the last visit to Parkhead was hardly a one off. Going through there and not even laying a glove on Celtic has been an issue for a long, long time. 

Edited by No Idle Talk

Guest ToqueJambo
6 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

I heard Yogi on the radio they could have had two pens in the first half?

No mention in the match report and the BBC are never slow to paint Hibs in the best possible light. Lucky bassas again

25 minutes ago, No Idle Talk said:

100%. Attitude is everything.

7 minutes ago, No Idle Talk said:

Ryan Christie was definitely not their best player. I do however take your point about them having Kyogo and Edouard when we played them.

The trouble is, the last visit to Parkhead was hardly a one off. Going through there and not even laying a glove on Celtic has been an issue for a long, long time. 

I’d disagree on Christie. I’d say he was definitely one of their best players over the last 2-3 years and the one that made them tick. Delighted he is gone.

Agree on the rest. Really hope that changes now we look capable of going toe to toe with them.

51 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

am I missing something 

I'd assume goals scored. 

15 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

No mention in the match report and the BBC are never slow to paint Hibs in the best possible light. Lucky bassas again

True. 

17 minutes ago, leginten said:

Why are they allowed so many people in their Red Zone?

The red zone is behind the benches. That picture looks to be of the opposite side of the park to me.  

Can someone explain why Hibs are still above us in the table if we're tied on points AND goal difference?

Whats the next tie-breaker after that? Head to Head is a wash. 

1 minute ago, Canscot said:

The red zone is behind the benches. That picture looks to be of the opposite side of the park to me.  

My joke wasn’t brilliant to start with. I think I’ll avoid explaining it!

Just now, PhoenixHearts said:

Can someone explain why Hibs are still above us in the table if we're tied on points AND goal difference?

Goals scored

1 minute ago, Canscot said:

image.png.29704d4f0cb56fdbde270bf8621e8f69.pngimage.png.2961f4ec737f453a9e9c3e9f902b9d82.png😂👍image.png.2961f4ec737f453a9e9c3e9f902b9d82.png

5 minutes ago, PhoenixHearts said:

Goals scored then goals against I assume. 

6 minutes ago, leginten said:

My joke wasn’t brilliant to start with. I think I’ll avoid explaining it!

Sometimes sarcasm gets lost in text 😂

Shanks said no

From a BBC stato 

Since 3 points for a win was introduced in 1994, no club with 11 or fewer points after 7 matches has gone on to win the Scottish top flight title.

so it’s down to 4 clubs

1 minute ago, PhoenixHearts said:

Ah fair enough. Theyll have to play a decent side eventually.

Next weekend. A win for us puts us in a great place, no matter the Hibs score against the huns. Huge game.  

1 hour ago, DS98 said:

Hibs next four games are Sevco, Dundee Utd, Aberdeen and Celtic. If they are still level with us after those then I’ll start taking them seriously. 

We've got Motherwell (H), Rangers (A), Dundee (H), St J (A). I'd be looking for us to take minimum 7 but hopefully 9 from that and looking at Hibs picking up 3 maybe 4 points.

10 minutes ago, CloustonHMFC said:

We've got Motherwell (H), Rangers (A), Dundee (H), St J (A). I'd be looking for us to take minimum 7 but hopefully 9 from that and looking at Hibs picking up 3 maybe 4 points.

A few weeks ago Motherwell was looking like an easy game.Certainly isn't anymore.St Johnstone will also be a hard one , only Dundee should be a cert.

Just take every game as it comes though.We are doing great and have a great squad but we still have to be on top of our game to take points.

Edited by vegas-voss

2 hours ago, Tasavallan said:

I remember Chris Kane when he played for Bonnyrigg Rose youth.  The only player influx from SERYA U15/U16 era to make it to the first team.  Always under impression that he was a Hibs supporter.

His old dear works at my work, the family is definitely hibs, but unsurprisingly enough they’ll all pretty dedicated to the Perth fairmers now.

AlphonseCapone
1 hour ago, Jambo in Bathgate said:

Wow, would expect a post like this on Kerrydale Street, jesus. 

They have it correct; points, goal difference, goals scored, goals against