*** Other Scottish football match thread, for anyone who gives a ****

tartofmidlothian

Just now, Des Lynam said:

Because everything is not so pardon the pun as black and white as you’re making it out to be. 

Anyway **** St Mirren 🤣

Surely the line is drawn under opening a Celtic shop at your stadium though. I listened to the arguments about giving three stands to the old firm and took some opinions onboard but the Celtic shop was nothing short of disgraceful. 

• Replies 62.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• neilnunb

• Mikey1874

• Bazzas right boot

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, GinRummy said:

Surely the line is drawn under opening a Celtic shop at your stadium though. I listened to the arguments about giving three stands to the old firm and took some opinions onboard but the Celtic shop was nothing short of disgraceful. 

Yeah it’s awful and I’d stop watching Hearts if we done anything similar but they obviously had financial reasons for doing it. 

Forever Hearts
1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

Yep, probably on the Hibs.net list of interesting facts. ****s sake.  

I never said it was interesting. I'd describe it more as embarrassing. 

1 minute ago, Des Lynam said:

Yeah it’s awful and I’d stop watching Hearts if we done anything similar but they obviously had financial reasons for doing it. 

It was when park head was getting refurbed and st Mirren let them use the stadium for, I think, European qualifiers. They shouldn’t have let them take down st Mirren plaques and rebrand the shop. 

8 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

It was when park head was getting refurbed and st Mirren let them use the stadium for, I think, European qualifiers. They shouldn’t have let them take down st Mirren plaques and rebrand the shop. 

I agree. But the cut was obviously worth it to them. 

59 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

So basically there is no limit. 

When we beat rangers 1-0 in the cup, did you think we should have given them 2 stands to maximise revenue?

Should we open a rangers / celtic club shop-the rent would cone in handy. 

Maybe a epl club shop as well? 

After all, it's all about money. 

Club owners, in fact  leaders of the game in general  should be thinking about the long term and not only the current year's balance sheet. 

You don't answer any of my questions. 

What is your limit? 

Should we follow suit ie rangers Cup game? 

Giving tickets away... It's a far more deeper issue than that. 

Your questions are obtuse nonsense. 

Of course we shouldn’t open a shop, any more than we should open a brothel as an income stream. 

But the core of a football clubs business is, shockingly,  selling tickets for football games.

If a club has a demand from their own supporters,  they come first. 

I Don’t think any club would disagree with that.

If there isn't, it's hard to criticise a club for filling gaps.

3 minutes ago, Hmfc1965 said:

Of course we shouldn’t open a shop, any more than we should open a brothel as an income stream. 

But the core of a football clubs business is, shockingly,  selling tickets for football games.

Now there's a money spinner

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Hmfc1965 said:

Brothels aren't legal. 

You say it's all about money but draw the line at a shop, my line is at 3 stands. 

We just have a different threshold for where the footbslling/ financial balance is. 

With your logic we should have given rangers 2 stands in the sc game we won 1-0 and would be happy for Hearts to do that as it maximises the income from tickets. 

I wouldn't, you would based on your logic. 

Their own fans come first is the cusp of the matter and you are failing to grasp the deeper issues that may influence this. 

I'll leave you with this - 

My 7 year old nephew who lives in Arbroath attended that 1-0 game with me. 

Rangers end was full, we won 1-0.

He went on about if for weeks how great it was, how good the celebration was and the big Hearts crowd. 

( for context his Dad takes him to Arbroath games). 

His friends are all celtic and rangers, he wants (ed) a celtic top, my brother, his dad refused. 

He now wants to come to Tynecastle again. 

Imagine that first game, but with 3 stands of singing and celebrating OF fans. 

He then goes to school, with mostly Of fans. 

Do you think he'd be saying I want to sit in the home section or that the other fans looked like they were having a brilliant time, there are lots of them and they ( mostly) won the game. 

He'd then go to school with kids doing what kids do. 

My brother has held firm so far with his celtic pleas. 

Hopefully he'll come to another cup game this season at Tynecastle. 

X that by 100, 1000, 10,000, 50,000 across the country and other clubs across 2/3 decades. 

That's the context for  the long term for these clubs and thier fan base. 

Throw in sky and the epl as well. 

There is a balance between match day income and the integrity and  the  footballing culture of a club. 

Giving away your stadium to another team diminishes that, you future fan base an the future of the game imo. 

It's a Scotland problem, not just a ST Johnstone problem tho, you can't blame them for towing the line. 

Also, 

It's not just a bigger league - 

It's 

Bigger league 

Even split if needed 

More promotion/ relegation 

Regional leagues 

Scrap the 11-1 system

Revamp of the leadership

Bias away from the of 

Marketing of the league 

Summer football to help us in Europe 

Plus lots of other things that could be done to help improve competition therefor interest in our league and all the teams. 

Doing nothing isn't an option imo. 

5 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Brothels aren't legal. 

You say it's all about money but draw the line at a shop, my line is at 3 stands. 

We just have a different threshold for where the footbslling/ financial balance is. 

With your logic we should have given rangers 2 stands in the sc game we won 1-0 and would be happy for Hearts to do that as it maximises the income from tickets. 

Their own fans come first is the cusp of the matter and you are failing to grasp the deeper issues that may influence this. 

He went on about if for weeks how great it was, how good the celebration was and the big Hearts crowd. 

His friends are all celtic and rangers, he wants (ed) a celtic top, my brother, his dad refused. 

Do you think he'd be saying I want to sit in the home section or that the other fans looked like they were having a brilliant time, there are lots of them and they ( mostly) won the game. 

X that by 100, 1000, 10,000, 50,000 across the country and other clubs across 2/3 decades. 

There is a balance between match day income and the integrity and  the  footballing culture of a club. 

Giving away your stadium to another team diminishes that, you future fan base an the future of the game imo. 

It's a Scotland problem, not just a ST Johnstone problem tho, you can't blame them for towing the line. 

Also, 

It's 

Bigger league 

Even split if needed 

Regional leagues 

Scrap the 11-1 system

Revamp of the leadership

Bias away from the of 

Marketing of the league 

Plus lots of other things that could be done to help improve competition therefor interest in our league and all the teams. 

👍 excellent post!

7 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Brothels aren't legal. 

Also, 

It's 

Bigger league 

Even split if needed 

Regional leagues 

Scrap the 11-1 system

Revamp of the leadership

Bias away from the of 

Marketing of the league 

I actually agree with some of these points. 

It's moved way away from the original point though.

If you want to be pedantic we do similar on a smaller scale by giving the OF a whole stand.

Your nephew's story is heartening but put him at St Johnstone in that situation and he'd be looking at three half empty stands.

Sevco arguably should be 4 points worse off in the last two games but for match officials.

Edited by colinmaroon

35 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

Sevco arguably should be 4 points worse off in the last two games but for match officials.

As much as I dislike McPake I think he is correct in saying McLaughlin should have seen a Red card. Then I saw that Bobby Madden was the referee and now fully understand why it was only a Yellow.

2 hours ago, colinmaroon said:

Yep. Officials ensuring they keep picking up the points if the performances are a bit off.

Forever Hearts
5 hours ago, colinmaroon said:

The Sevco chat is tragic. Up there with "St Midden, Hobos, Septic and Murderwell". Brutal. I bet you still refer to Aberdeen fans as "sheep shaggers"? Top bantz.🙄

Fozzyonthefence
55 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

The Sevco chat is tragic. Up there with "St Midden, Hobos, Septic and Murderwell". Brutal. I bet you still refer to Aberdeen fans as "sheep shaggers"? Top bantz.🙄

Sevco was actually their real name though.  Why do you feel the need to defend that scum?

Forever Hearts
6 hours ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Sevco was actually their real name though.  Why do you feel the need to defend that scum?

Defend them where? The Sevco chat is tragic. That's all. So is "hooped demons" and all the other childish names that get used on here. Brutal patter.  

2 minutes ago, gregzy2k7 said:

Mon St J! Got a feeling that they will take something at ER. Thinking about it, would be lovely if all of the other 3 games were draws actually. 

On Alba as live at 18:00, so I'll be on 'lockdown' from 15:00. Yesterday's other two games almost ended in draws so hopefully something will go in our favour today and St J have been a bit of a bogey team for Hibs recently.

7 hours ago, Forever Hearts said:

Seems to rattle the right people. :jjyay:

7 hours ago, Forever Hearts said:

Well said m8.

And I bet you make a similar objection every time you see those other nicknames used.

EvmfU6EUYAEwobA.jpg

Forever Hearts
Just now, Beni said:

Well said m8.

And I bet you make a similar objection every time you see those other nicknames used.

EvmfU6EUYAEwobA.jpg

Yes, I have.👍

2 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Yes, I have.👍

Glad to hear you're fighting the good fight, and I look forward to you remonstrating with every poster that uses such poor banter.

Hibs to shit the bed against St Johnstone again today. Then it’s a massive game for us next weekend. If we can get 3 points against Motherwell we go top of the league then it’s Aberdeen v Celtic and Sevco v Hibs. Somethings got to give there and we’ll either be sitting top of the table or a nice big gap will appear between us and Hibs. 

Rangers FC went out of business, the ultimate failure, It's forever. It's an open goal, forever, for opposition fans. The only way the 'chat' would go away is maybe if other fans clubs went into liquidation. 

Watching MOTD on catch-up and see both the Scotland & England NT managers at the Manu v Villa game. Why does Clarke need to see that match? Any Scot who plays for either of those teams is an automatic pick for Scotland - He's unlikely to get any coaching insight from Ole...

13 hours ago, Riccarton3 said:

Yep. Officials ensuring they keep picking up the points if the performances are a bit off.

Then you add in Celtic fans interpreting that this is something which only disadvantages their team...so their pet officials will try to redress the imbalance at some point in the season...Scottish football eh?

13 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

Watching MOTD on catch-up and see both the Scotland & England NT managers at the Manu v Villa game. Why does Clarke need to see that match? Any Scot who plays for either of those teams is an automatic pick for Scotland - He's unlikely to get any coaching insight from Ole...

Hospitality will be better. 

41 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

That must be a right kick in the ***** to Matty Longstaff to find out he's only good enough for a shan Aberdeen bench.

especially after his brother scored yesterday

11 minutes ago, Boris said:

Brown flukes an equaliser.

It was superb mate 🤣 the slow mo of him looking confused as **** was worth seeing Aberdeen score

Just now, Furious Styles said:

Lovely header. 

That was a very good header , only take Ramirez 2+months to do anything of note for them. Hes a bellend aswell so i hope he goes back to doing nothing

12 hours ago, Forever Hearts said:

No way in the world you are a Hearts fan. Tragic to spend your time on here slagging off our club and fans and getting away with it 

33 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Fairly good at the back st Mirren. Uphill all the way for the codheids

😀😀😀 Watch out, though as Fornever Hearts will be right onto you for your 'top bantz'. 😉

13 hours ago, Forever Hearts said:

Sorry to be the one to break the news  mate but the team formally known as Rangers died. There is no Rangers. There is no Old Firm. Their fans walked away, they’re gone, 6 feet under, ceased to exist. Broon breed. 

They were bought by Sevco Scotland Ltd who changed their name to THE Rangers. Sevco is their real name. 

32 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

St Mirren guy just watched it go in to the net

That's what I thought. Soft red for Aberdeen though and it's just cost them a goal.