• Hearts007

• neilnunb

• Mikey1874

• Bazzas right boot

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest ToqueJambo
2 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

Are you suggesting they’ve sold more season tickets because they finished 5th rather than winning two cups? 

Dunno. I'm saying cups don't lead to bigger attendances in the long-term or even in the short term it seems. Livvy won a cup in 2004. Ave attendance 03/04 5116, ave attendance 04/05 5157

:greggy: 

Just now, ToqueJambo said:

Livvy won a cup in 2004. Ave attendance 03/04 5116, ave attendance 04/05 5157

Like you said we are talking about St Johnstone. 

And thank you for proving my point again. You do know that 5157 is more than 5116? 

3 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Not awkward at all. St J did well in the league as well didn't they under Davidson? Not so good this season so far mind you so let's see how their attendances go if they don't have a winning team anymore.

There has only been 6 league games so far. They are three points off the position the finished past year, already in a cup semi final and had two excellent away results in Europe v LASK and Galatasaray.

They're doing just fine 😂

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, Des Lynam said:

Like you said we are talking about St Johnstone. 

And thank you for proving my point again. You do know that 5157 is more than 5116? 

I do know 5157 is more than 5116.

Thank you for giving me the opportunity to confirm that. And thanks for proving you're just being argumentative for the sake of it. Cups don't transform the fortunes of teams unless it happens every season or few.

1 minute ago, Homme said:

There has only been 6 league games so far. They are three points off the position the finished past year, already in a cup semi final and had two excellent away results in Europe v LASK and Galatasaray.

Well said. 

Just now, ToqueJambo said:

I do know 5157 is more than 5116.

Thank you for giving me the opportunity to confirm that. And thanks for proving you're just being argumentative for the sake of it. Cups don't transform the fortunes of teams unless it happens every season or few.

Jesus Christ the only problem here is your inability to admit you’re wrong. 

Argumentative

:facepalm: 

Guest ToqueJambo
2 minutes ago, Homme said:

They've been shit. 1 win in 6 and 3 goals scored. Hope their fortunes improve tomorrow though.

Guest ToqueJambo
3 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

Jesus Christ the only problem here is your inability to admit you’re wrong. 

Argumentative

:facepalm: 

I'm not wrong. A cup win or two every 50 or 100 years will obviously bring back some glory hunters but don't transform the fortunes of clubs and don't increase the fan base. A consistent winning team challenging at the tip will do that. If cups were such a barometer of support, as others have pointed out where are the extra 20k or whatever who come to watch us in cup finals? Interested to know if those ST J Sts were sold before or after they sold half their team.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Malinga the Swinga
8 minutes ago, Homme said:

On the other hand, they had two shit home results against LASK and Galatasaray, meaning they exited 2 European competitions in same month, failing to win a single game.

They're shite.

12 hours ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Killie should walk that league. 

Of course they should. They’ve got Olly Shaw up front. One of the best young strikers in Europe I believe🤣

Forever Hearts
7 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

On the other hand, they had two shit home results against LASK and Galatasaray, meaning they exited 2 European competitions in same month, failing to win a single game.

They're shite.

Getting beat by Galatasaray makes them shite does it? 

This place is unbelievable. 

Guest ToqueJambo
7 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

The Galatasaray away draw was creditable but that was when they still had their best players. The rest of the time they've been struggling. They even needed pens to beat Arbroath on their massive 2 game run to the LC semi final.

Guest ToqueJambo
13 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

I reckon per head of population St J are roughly similar to us when it comes to attendances. 

Does that factor in the 3 stands of OF fans?

Bazzas right boot
8 hours ago, Hmfc1965 said:

And what do you think came first?

Lower crowds or selling out to the Old Firm,?

The big difference in Scottish football is the demise of the middle ranked teams like Killie, St Johnstone,  Dunfermline etc.

They used to be able to draw big crowds but that seems to have changed. 

Killie didn't build a 20K stadium for away supporters but now can't attract their own fans.

But if they just play the long game things will apparently be different. 

Selling out to the OF came first. 

Then over 2/ 3 decades they have lost crowds as the younger ones turn to the OF or even English football. 

Killie are the best example 

If I was a 6/7 year old and I seen the of come  to town, take 3 stands and have a cracking time-I'd be wanting a piece of that. 

Your last statement makes no sense - 

Things would be different if they changed. 

They won't be different if they don't. 

Malinga the Swinga
53 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

No, not on its own.

Their home performance was shit against Galatasaray and their abject surrender against LASK was worse. In both games, they kicked anything that moved, played no football and were deservedly pumped. That makes them shite.

28 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Selling out to the OF came first. 

Then over 2/ 3 decades they have lost crowds as the younger ones turn to the OF or even English football. 

Killie are the best example 

If I was a 6/7 year old and I seen the of come  to town, take 3 stands and have a cracking time-I'd be wanting a piece of that. 

Your last statement makes no sense - 

Things would be different if they changed. 

They won't be different if they don't. 

I think you're wrong.

When the current Rugby Park was built Killie were attracting decent crowds and it didn't seem too surprising they built with the capacity they did.

I'll say it again: the single biggest change over the last 30 odd years is the loss of clubs regularly able to attract 8-10,000.

On your last point  nobody can say restricting tickets to the Old Firm would make a blind bit if difference to crowds or mean they were more competitive in the league.

You're suggesting they give up a source of income but for what?

1 hour ago, ToqueJambo said:

Does that factor in the 3 stands of OF fans?

Dunno, I would have to factor in the 3k we let in 6 times a season (inc. hibs)

37 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

No, not on its own.

Their home performance was shit against Galatasaray and their abject surrender against LASK was worse. In both games, they kicked anything that moved, played no football and were deservedly pumped. That makes them shite.

I thought they were decent for an hour against the Turkish mob 🤷‍♂️

Forever Hearts
37 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

No, not on its own.

You are aware of the gulf in budget and players between Galatasaray and St Johnstone? 

In fact, don't answer that. You're probably not.

25 minutes ago, Hmfc1965 said:

I think you're wrong.

When the current Rugby Park was built Killie were attracting decent crowds and it didn't seem too surprising they built with the capacity they did.

I'll say it again: the single biggest change over the last 30 odd years is the loss of clubs regularly able to attract 8-10,000.

On your last point  nobody can say restricting tickets to the Old Firm would make a blind bit if difference to crowds or mean they were more competitive in the league.

It’s a source of income that relies on Rangers and Celtic, not themselves. How would you feel if in a few years time, 7 of the 12 clubs give three stands to the OF because that is the direction it’s going in. That gives Rangers and Celtic a further competitive edge, as if they needed one. 

As I’ve already said, there’s probably nothing that can be done about it but it’s yet another nail in the coffin for the game up here. With clubs like Dundee, desperate to crawl up Celtic’s arse and the likes of Motherwell who didn’t offer their own season ticket holders their seats for a cup tie against Rangers, it’s getting more tinpot and pathetic by the season. 

Bazzas right boot
51 minutes ago, Hmfc1965 said:

I think you're wrong.

You are correct. 

More clubs should open up club shops and sell of merchandise, after all it's about the money, nothing else. 

In fact, if the OF will pay more and still sell out the stadium then teams should just bin thier own fans, charge the OF a premium and make even more money and give them the whole stadium. 

Why not, it's all about income, eh? 

Where is the line? 

Also, If you can't see a correlation between the local clubs losing fans and the every growing Of fan base and the growing number of young folk following the epl then I can't spell it out for you. 

Also, also 😳limiting the number of tickets to the OF is not a solution on it's own. It would work hand in hand with other things. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

Bazzas right boot
57 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

No, not on its own.

I'm with you. 

St Johnstone are a team of hammer throwers, however they have built a competitive side for Scottish football, can't argue with that. 

I want them relegated. 

The media, rival fans etc all seem to have a soft spot for them. 

I'm beginning to hate them. 

Completely irrational but they are a shite, tin pot club that everyone seems to be friends with - **** off. 

Hope they get relegated and get replaced by someone like Partick. 

Forever Hearts

For those of you banging on about the Celtic shop at St Mirren's stadium. It was only temporary and is no longer there. This doesn't make it right, of course, but if a small club like St Mirren (well, not them) earned a few bob from it I don't see it as a massive issue. 

9 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

You are correct. 

More clubs should open up club shops and sell of merchandise, after all it's about the money, nothing else. 

In fact, if the OF will pay more and still sell out the stadium then teams should just bin thier own fans, charge the OF a premium and make even more money and give them the whole stadium. 

Why not, it's all about income, eh? 

Where is the line? 

Also, If you can't see a correlation between the local clubs losing fans and the every growing Of fan base and the growing number of young folk following the epl then I can't spell it out for you. 

Also, also 😳limiting the number of tickets to the OF is not a solution on it's own. It would work hand in hand with other things. 

The only one to mention opening shops is you.

I see no correlation whatsoever between clubs giving the OF Tickets and kids supporting EPL teams.

Again the only one to mention the EPL is you.

And again we gave the mystery "other things" that will make a difference. 

2 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

For those of you banging on about the Celtic shop at St Mirren's stadium. It was only temporary and is no longer there. This doesn't make it right, of course, but if a small club like St Mirren (well, not them) earned a few bob from it I don't see it as a massive issue. 

For those of you read "the poster".

2 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Of course it’s a massive issue. It’s an absolute disgrace 😂. St Mirren are supposed to be one of Celtic’s rivals ffs. You’re just disagreeing with everything, even to the extent of defending st Mirren. 

25 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

It’s a source of income that relies on Rangers and Celtic, not themselves. How would you feel if in a few years time, 7 of the 12 clubs give three stands to the OF because that is the direction it’s going in. That gives Rangers and Celtic a further competitive edge, as if they needed one. 

As I’ve already said, there’s probably nothing that can be done about it but it’s yet another nail in the coffin for the game up here. With clubs like Dundee, desperate to crawl up Celtic’s arse and the likes of Motherwell who didn’t offer their own season ticket holders their seats for a cup tie against Rangers, it’s getting more tinpot and pathetic by the season. 

I don't like the fact. All I've said is that clubs would be daft to throw away potential revenue  

Edited by Hmfc1965

Just now, Hmfc1965 said:

I don't like the fact. All I've said us that clubs would be daft to throw away potential revenue  

I grudgingly agree but it’s a really bad situation. The OF just continue to tighten their grip on the game up here. It’s really worrying. The Colts plan is another example. 

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Hmfc1965 said:

The only one to mention opening shops is you.

I see no correlation whatsoever between clubs giving the OF Tickets and kids supporting EPL teams.

Again the only one to mention the EPL is you.

And again we gave the mystery "other things" that will make a difference. 

Where is the line? 

Club shop. 

1 stand

2 stands

3 stands

4 stands

Your argument  seems to be financial, so if it makes more money a club should do it? 

Anyway, Scottish football imo needs a overhaul and clubs need to think a bit long term. 

The mystery things have been discussed to death on here. 

I hope we never give the OF 3 stands even if it meant a fast buck. 

Losing young local fans imo brings the epl into it as young folk are leaving their local club for the OF or epl clubs. 

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

I grudgingly agree but it’s a really bad situation. The OF just continue to tighten their grip on the game up here. It’s really worrying. The Colts plan is another example. 

It is but it seems to be the way things are going and not just in Scotland. 

Forever Hearts
6 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Of course it’s a massive issue. It’s an absolute disgrace 😂. St Mirren are supposed to be one of Celtic’s rivals ffs. You’re just disagreeing with everything, even to the extent of defending st Mirren. 

I really wish you would read posts properly before jumping in. But alas, I think it's beyond you.

Just now, Smith's right boot said:

Where is the line? 

Club shop. 

1 stand

2 stands

3 stands

4 stands

Your argument  seems to be financial, so if it makes more money a club should do it? 

Anyway, Scottish football imo needs a overhaul and clubs need to think a bit long term. 

The mystery things have been discussed to death on here. 

I hope we never give the OF 3 stands even if it meant a fast buck. 

Losing young local fans imo brings the epl into it as young folk are leaving their local club for the OF or epl clubs. 

You mean mystery things like meaningless matches in a bigger league?

Club owners do have an obligation to maximise revenue. 

Kids supporting English (and European) clubs has more to do with their accessibility on TV and the Internet than how many tickets St Johnstone give away fans.

1 minute ago, Forever Hearts said:

I really wish you would read posts properly before jumping in. But alas, I think it's beyond you.

I read it and already knew it was temporary, as everyone else did. You defended them by saying -

but if a small club like St Mirren (well, not them) earned a few bob from it I don't see it as a massive issue. 

That’s where we disagree. It’s nothing short of a disgrace. Lousy behaviour. If you can’t see it as that then that’s down to you but I think it’s very obvious. 

14 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Surely there's a big difference between giving the old firm extra seats and letting them put their club badge on your stadium.   

It was embarrassing beyond belief. 

Forever Hearts
39 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I read it and already knew it was temporary, as everyone else did. You defended them by saying -

but if a small club like St Mirren (well, not them) earned a few bob from it I don't see it as a massive issue. 

That’s where we disagree. It’s nothing short of a disgrace. Lousy behaviour. If you can’t see it as that then that’s down to you but I think it’s very obvious. 

Easy for you to say safe in the knowledge it would never happen at Hearts. Unfortunately, smaller clubs struggling to survive don't have that luxury. You should maybe think about that.

Forever Hearts
41 minutes ago, Auldbenches said:

Surely there's a big difference between giving the old firm extra seats and letting them put their club badge on your stadium.   

It was embarrassing beyond belief. 

I'm not denying that, but I can understand why struggling clubs do it. Pride doesn't pay the bills. 

1 minute ago, Forever Hearts said:

I'm not denying that, but I can understand why struggling clubs do it. Pride doesn't pay the bills. 

That was a step too far though.  Though I suppose not for st Mirren when it comes to Celtic. 

Was it not a reserve fixture they done it for so not that much extra money? 

An old firm badge on your stadium is shocking. 

I reckon even st ******* fans would admit it.  

12 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Easy for you to say safe in the knowledge it would never happen at Hearts. Unfortunately, smaller clubs struggling to survive don't have that luxury. You should maybe think about that.

Right. So were st mirren’s actions a disgrace or not? Speak personally, not as spokesman for the federation of shite football clubs. 

Forever Hearts
10 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Right. So were st mirren’s actions a disgrace or not? Speak personally, not as spokesman for the federation of shite football clubs. 

Would I have done it if I was their Chairman? Probably not. Can I understand why they done it? Yes. 

PS. Shite football clubs? How very Old Firm of you. 

Edited by Forever Hearts

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Hmfc1965 said:

You mean mystery things like meaningless matches in a bigger league?

Club owners do have an obligation to maximise revenue. 

Kids supporting English (and European) clubs has more to do with their accessibility on TV and the Internet than how many tickets St Johnstone give away fans.

So basically there is no limit. 

When we beat rangers 1-0 in the cup, did you think we should have given them 2 stands to maximise revenue?

Should we open a rangers / celtic club shop-the rent would cone in handy. 

Maybe a epl club shop as well? 

After all, it's all about money. 

Club owners, in fact  leaders of the game in general  should be thinking about the long term and not only the current year's balance sheet. 

You don't answer any of my questions. 

What is your limit? 

Should we follow suit ie rangers Cup game? 

Giving tickets away... It's a far more deeper issue than that. 

5 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Would I have done it if I was their Chairman? Probably not. Can I understand why they done it? Yes. 

PS. Shite football clubs? How very Old Firm of you. 

That’s not what I asked. Why are you so reluctant to answer?

Hackney Hearts
17 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

spokesman for the federation of shite football clubs. 

:lol:

TBF, that's a massive global organisation. 

15 hours ago, neilnunb said:

I'm glad that big boy isn't playing for Livi tomorrow 🤣

15 hours ago, Hearts007 said:

that boy Nouble a right handful

15 hours ago, Sertse said:

25 and on loan from Livingston, surprising they've loaned him, he's standing out

Forever Hearts
7 minutes ago, Hackney Hearts said:

And St Mirren have won a cup more recently than us. He's got a cheek calling other clubs shite. 

15 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

That’s not what I asked. Why are you so reluctant to answer?

Because everything is not so pardon the pun as black and white as you’re making it out to be. 

Anyway **** St Mirren 🤣

3 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

And St Mirren have won a cup more recently than us. He's got a cheek calling other clubs shite. 

😂😂😂 you’re ****ing bang at it. 

31 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

spokesman for the federation of shite football clubs. 

12 minutes ago, Hackney Hearts said: