*** Other Scottish football match thread, for anyone who gives a ****

tartofmidlothian

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

To call Celtics style of play blitzkrieg is quite a cheek tbh 😂 but each to there own, they play far better under Ange, than they did under lennon. 

There is a clear style of play, they attack teams and press high and are very much a possession based team. 

There style of play like you said is high risk, high reward, but there goal difference speaks for itself, they dominated the game in large spells at ibrox, the problem they have is recruitment and having players currently at the club, that simply don't want to be at Celtic anymore. 

I would certainly like a coach that plays that style of play, at Hearts one day. 

Every game is tough you're absolutely spot on Smith 👍, but here's the thing when teams make it tough we have to match them, second balls we win, individual battles we win. 

If we can do this and not every game will be a battle, then I'm confident Hearts will come out victorious 9 times out of 10. 

But the game we played in yesterday wasn't a battle, it was two teams trying to play football,both attacking and the goals we gave away after being in front for 2 mins wasn't good enough. 

We won't ever have a  win ratio of 9/10 games over a season.

That is why you will always be disappointed, your expectations are a bit ridiculous imo.

• Replies 63k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• neilnunb

• Mikey1874

• Bazzas right boot

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Watched YT 5 mins, we were very unlucky not to win but yes those 2 lost goals.

Still we are playing better now than for what 4/5 seasons.

Roll on Saturday.

1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

The reasonably new poster, who’s done nothing but chat utter shite.. and who’s latest gem is that “we have looked at David Martindale” 

naw we havnae ya trolling hibs dick.  

Bye lads - this be a thread ban for pointing out the blantantly obvious 

Well done, sir.  👍

I hinted at it, you went for it..

As the Waterboys once said - ‘you saw the whole of the moon’.

👏

HeartsandonlyHearts
5 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

We won't ever have a  win ratio of 9/10 games over a season.

That is why you will always be disappointed, your expectations are a bit ridiculous imo.

How many teams in Scottish league history have had a 9/10 win ratio?

A 40 game season (rounding up) and a 9/10 ratio would mean at least 108 points if none of the other four games were tied.

Pretty good season by any team standards in any league.

2 hours ago, XB52 said:

Sorry, it's only Hearts that don't win every game. Surely you know that by now

You would think at 53. 😄

1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

You won’t get any fans of the uglies accepting it though. 

They've no choice tonight, Pas. 👍

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Riccarton3 said:

They don't have any option but to accept it. Its a result. If its that bad, Rangers fans will be calling for Gerrard's head? Big Ange can't survive, can he? 

They don’t accept the mediocrity that some of our fans do it’s as simple as that. It’s their only admirable treat imo. 
There will be fans calling for Gerrards  head, fat Ange won’t last until Xmas as he’s a nobody who has signed players on the cheap. 

2 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

The reasonably new poster, who’s done nothing but chat utter shite.. and who’s latest gem is that “we have looked at David Martindale” 

naw we havnae ya trolling hibs dick.  

Bye lads - this be a thread ban for pointing out the blantantly obvious 

If he is Hibs then leave him, strange how they get there kicks but needs must 😉, as far as him saying martindale etc etc, he maybe applied for the job when Stendel wasn't coming back, but i seriously doubt we wanted him, in fact i think Stendel was getting binned regardless if we stayed up or not, my evidence for this? How long did it take to replace the man, there was obviously talks between Ann and Craig about Robbie, and that was Craig's final gift to Ann before he left 👍

Just ignore them mate 👍

Pasquale for King
41 minutes ago, martoon said:

They've no choice tonight, Pas. 👍

They won’t though, it’s not acceptable to them and shouldn’t be to us. They have a winners mentality, a justified superiority complex, we don’t. 

It's shaping up to be an interesting season this year with both OF teams dropping points today, there's liberally nothing between the top six teams (4 points) getting a win next week Is absolutely imperative imo we have to stay in the mix, If we keep performing and picking up points it could be a great season for us.

Byyy The Light
25 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

They don’t accept the mediocrity that some of our fans do it’s as simple as that. It’s their only admirable treat imo. 
There will be fans calling for Gerrards  head, fat Ange won’t last until Xmas as he’s a nobody who has signed players on the cheap. 

Gies peace. You just out for nibbles now?

Pasquale for King
16 minutes ago, Byyy The Light said:

Gies peace. You just out for nibbles now?

Just scroll on as I do when you start slavering you drivel 😊👏🏾

How was the Rangers goal not chalked off ?.....clear offside by the scorer and the sooner VAR arrives the better

Never mind a decent penalty shout for Motherwell

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, CJGJ said:

How was the Rangers goal not chalked off ?.....clear offside by the scorer and the sooner VAR arrives the better

Was just going to post that, but they’re world beaters apparently who will pull away from us soon. Should’ve lost 

28 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Only corruption as far as I can tell, the Lino was standing next to the corner flag and had a clear view of it, he's either blind,    

Stupid or corrupt, my money is on the last one, just my opinion though.

1 hour ago, sandylejambo said:

Only corruption as far as I can tell, the Lino was standing next to the corner flag and had a clear view of it, he's either blind,    

His sash blew into his face just as the boy scored. Happens. 

Let's be honest, when you play either arse cheek in Glasgow, you ain't getting any major decision going your way.

Edited by Arthur Morgan

Forever Hearts
12 hours ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

The only reason to keep an eye Martindale is to make sure he's not selling drugs again.

Awful manager who's barely won a game since last Christmas.

He has no place on professional sport having done his best to destroy people's lives selling his poison.

Oh shut up. He's served his time and deserves a second chance. 

If we don't thump Livingston and gain some revenge for 0-5, I'll go off my heid.  Serious pressure on our players and management.

And am I right in thinking that our discipline has been really good this season?

highlandjambo3
54 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

If we don't thump Livingston and gain some revenge for 0-5, I'll go off my heid.  Serious pressure on our players and management.

And am I right in thinking that our discipline has been really good this season?

An oversight by the officials I’d imaging.  I think at the first football officials meeting someone will mention this and, the refs will adjust their card count accordingly. 

Malinga the Swinga
2 hours ago, Forever Hearts said:

Oh shut up. He's served his time and deserves a second chance. 

Not in a lot of people's opinions. Martindale is scum.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
7 hours ago, sandylejambo said:

If he is the last he is also definitely the second last as well… 

Forever Hearts
14 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Not in a lot of people's opinions. Martindale is scum.

Thankfully pant-wetting do-gooders like you are in the minority (for now) or there would be a helluva lot of people out of work who you wouldn't give a second chance to. 

It must be great to be perfect. 

2 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

1-0 would suit me fine. I have a feeling this will be a really hard game.

4 minutes ago, leginten said:

Agreed.

The results at the weekend show there are no easy games, unless we make them so.

Fozzyonthefence
10 minutes ago, leginten said:

We have 32 games to go.  Nearly all of them will be really hard games. 

13 hours ago, martoon said:

Perhaps the 4x a season might bear fruit. 

Looks to me like there are, on their day, 10 pretty decent teams in the league.

OF v. The rest is 6 wins, a draw and 3 defeat in 10. That's shite compared to most seasons.

Regardless, let us dreamers, dream you miserable buggers. 😄

:flagwave::yas:

Stuff your dreams I just want to moan about the cheeks...

10 hours ago, gregzy2k7 said:

It's shaping up to be an interesting season this year with both OF teams dropping points today, there's liberally nothing between the top six teams (4 points) getting a win next week Is absolutely imperative imo we have to stay in the mix, If we keep performing and picking up points it could be a great season for us.

I think, over a season though the fuglies, along with their ref pals will, as always pick up points where others don’t. 
Rangers goal yesterday was offside. They will constantly get these marginal decisions because referees are terrified of them it’s not corruption, in most cases it’s fear

What is needed for a team out with the OF is three other teams who can, consistently get results against them

Particularly in the weeg 

Brown Stuff 74
1 hour ago, Forever Hearts said:

Thankfully pant-wetting do-gooders like you are in the minority (for now) or there would be a helluva lot of people out of work who you wouldn't give a second chance to. 

Well said that man. 

Just seen Rangers goal v Motherwell.

Just as well the linesman wasn't wearing long trousers, the rolled up leg would have been a dead giveaway.

13 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

Just seen Rangers goal v Motherwell.

Just as well the linesman wasn't wearing long trousers, the rolled up leg would have been a dead giveaway.

Just watching weekend highlights, the pic below shows that even after the Sevco player headed the ball forward at the front post, the scorer is offside.  Linesman positioning in the highlights is perfect, along the line.  Clearly his sash must have blown up over his face at an (in)opportune moment.

image.thumb.png.63694a66f14e48c082a35ebb187969d8.png

Malinga the Swinga
5 hours ago, Forever Hearts said:

If I was do-gooder, then I would want him to have second chance. I don't. 

He didn't take stuff, he sold it without care in world. He isn't type of person who would be welcome at Tynecastle.

He is also shit manager of shit team.

Forever Hearts
5 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

If I was do-gooder, then I would want him to have second chance. I don't. 

He didn't take stuff, he sold it without care in world. He isn't type of person who would be welcome at Tynecastle.

He is also shit manager of shit team.

A do gooder as in you've obviously lived a perfect life and never committed any kind of crime in your life. 

Yes, what he did was wrong and he's admitted that himself. You have zero idea of his personal circumstances at that time or the pressure he was under from others.

As for a shit manager? Behave yourself. He got Livi in the top six last season, beat Celtic a few times and reached a cup final on a budget of 30 pence. He's doing very well with the resources at his disposal. 

14 hours ago, CJGJ said:

Who will be in the Scottish VAR control room. Oh, of course other Scottish refs. Meet the new boss, same as the old boss 

3 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

Who will be in the Scottish VAR control room. Oh, of course other Scottish refs. Meet the new boss, same as the old boss 

Yip.

Can imagine the conversation,

VAR team- we’d like you to have a look at that incident.

Ref- No !

VAR team- cool, carry on…!

1 minute ago, Boab said:

Yip.

Can imagine the conversation,

VAR team- we’d like you to have a look at that incident.

Ref- No !

VAR team- cool, carry on…!

And every goal scored against them scrutinised to the nth degree.

VAR essentially gave Brighton a win on Sunday

Malinga the Swinga
16 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

A do gooder as in you've obviously lived a perfect life and never committed any kind of crime in your life. 

Yes, what he did was wrong and he's admitted that himself. You have zero idea of his personal circumstances at that time or the pressure he was under from others.

As for a shit manager? Behave yourself. He got Livi in the top six last season, beat Celtic a few times and reached a cup final on a budget of 30 pence. He's doing very well with the resources at his disposal. 

Jeez, I'm a do gooder and perfect because I've never resorted to drug dealing or crime. Neither have most of population. He's a shit manager of a shit team. Hope they follow Hamilton down.

3 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Jeez, I'm a do gooder and perfect because I've never resorted to drug dealing or crime. Neither have most of population. He's a shit manager of a shit team. Hope they follow Hamilton down.

He done 4 years in the big hoose for that. 
Came out and turned his life round. 
Why the seethe ? Surely better for everyone ?

28 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

he won’t be coming to hearts so who gives a ****.

Forever Hearts
1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

he won’t be coming to hearts so who gives a ****.

Do we just discuss people who might be coming to Hearts? Cool set up.🙄

Forever Hearts
1 hour ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

In what way is he a shit manager? And can you explain why Livi are a shit team after finishing 6th and reaching a cup final with a far inferior budget to the rest of the league? 

HeartsandonlyHearts
5 hours ago, EH11 said:

Just watching weekend highlights, the pic below shows that even after the Sevco player headed the ball forward at the front post, the scorer is offside.  Linesman positioning in the highlights is perfect, along the line.  Clearly his sash must have blown up over his face at an (in)opportune moment.

Fake news. Obviously there’s a Motherwell substitute (not in photo) playing him onside.

5 hours ago, EH11 said:

image.thumb.png.63694a66f14e48c082a35ebb187969d8.png

1 hour ago, HeartsandonlyHearts said:

Fake news. Obviously there’s a Motherwell substitute (not in photo) playing him onside.

The action is even clearer than the still. That's what you're up against. 

8 hours ago, Jamhammer said:

I think, over a season though the fuglies, along with their ref pals will, as always pick up points where others don’t. 
Rangers goal yesterday was offside. They will constantly get these marginal decisions because referees are terrified of them it’s not corruption, in most cases it’s fear

What is needed for a team out with the OF is three other teams who can, consistently get results against them

Particularly in the weeg 

Yep I get where you're coming from, you're probably right, have seen it often enough from my time following us, i always remember takis getting sent off unjustly at tynecastle against the tic, when we were challenging them in 05/06, their is always that thought that we could pull a leicester though in the back of my mind, I suppose It's just nice that we are in the position of dreaming about challenging the erse cheeks tbh with you I would be delighted with top 4 this season, especially 3rd with the guaranteed europa conference group stage next season and around 3 million into our coffers, realistically that has to be our aim this season, I know it's early in the season but I can only see h1b5 challenging us for the 3rd this year, maybe motherwell if they can keep their form up.

Forever Hearts
3 minutes ago, gregzy2k7 said:

Yep I get where you're coming from, you're probably right, have seen it often enough from my time following us, i always remember takis getting sent off unjustly at tynecastle against the tic, when we were challenging them in 05/06, their is always that thought that we could pull a leicester though in the back of my mind, I suppose It's just nice that we are in the position of dreaming about challenging the erse cheeks tbh with you I would be delighted with top 4 this season, especially 3rd with the guaranteed europa conference group stage next season and around 3 million into our coffers, realistically that has to be our aim this season, I know it's early in the season but I can only see h1b5 challenging us for the 3rd this year, maybe motherwell if they can keep their form up.

I hate Hearts fans using that cuddly nickname for Celtic.