*** Other Scottish football match thread, for anyone who gives a ****

tartofmidlothian

Tom Hardy’s Dug
30 minutes ago, Brown Stuff 74 said:

Ange ball lol. 30 million spent this summer. We should keep an eye on Martindale. Heard we looked at him before. 

You might have heard it from a player but I doubt Budge/Anderson would have anything to do with him.

25 minutes ago, davieholt said:

Yup it just puts our result away to RC in context.

Yep - we can’t say “this why we should be beating pish like County” when Rangers and Celtic have both dropped points against pish as well.

In the scheme of things from this weekend,

whilst we should have won, the point we got was a better result in context than anything Celtic, Rangers, Hibs and Aberdeen got. Nothing to celebrate but in context it didn’t prove to be damaging.

11 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

I'm glad Livi won for the obvious reasons but also, their guard might be down next week. They have that first win out the way and we know how generous we can be. 

Agreed. So often teams get a result against an arse cheek and then **** it up next game…

• Replies 62.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• neilnunb

• Mikey1874

• Bazzas right boot

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

34 minutes ago, Brown Stuff 74 said:

Ange ball lol. 30 million spent this summer. We should keep an eye on Martindale. Heard we looked at him before. 

Martindale can barely speak English.

3 minutes ago, Brown Stuff 74 said:

Heard from a player at the club. You can make your own mind up. Would you take him? 

We’ll let’s think about this for a minute. The last time we were looking for another manager was after the season got halted 18 months ago. Well before Savage came in. So that means that Ann was in charge of the hiring. Are you trying to tell us that Ann Budge was keen on making ex con convicted drug dealer David Martindale the Hearts manager?

Don’t think I’ll bother answering the bit in bold

34 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Celtic and Sevco tucking away crap like Livingston and Motherwell?

I didn’t really understand it either 

Guest ToqueJambo
7 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

In the scheme of things from this weekend,

whilst we should have won, the point we got was a better result in context than anything Celtic, Rangers, Hibs and Aberdeen got. Nothing to celebrate but in context it didn’t prove to be damaging.

This. In the scheme of things Ross County away has become a sticky away game for most teams the last couple of seasons. Not sure why we should be any different. This league is known for these very tough away games against a much lower level of opposition. Think they've beaten Celtic, Aberdeen, Hibs, Well and others on their patch. They've done pretty well. I would admire them for it, if it wasn't for the summer of 2020 and appointing Mackay.

Edited by ToqueJambo

1 minute ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

This.

Thank you!  👍

At last someone can see what I meant.

Clearly, my English is not up to JKB standard.

Must try harder.  😆

14 minutes ago, martoon said:

Today has certainly put a point in Dingwall into perspective.

Would love another crazy 1985/86 season. 

If so, at least we've started well this time.

I'll never give up the dream.

Never.

Today's results would matter if we only played each other twice a season.

Салатные палочки

Martindale at Hearts :laugh:. If Neilson left I would be looking for a manager far better than the one that was completely out his depth v. St Johnstone in the LC final. 

Guest ToqueJambo
45 minutes ago, Morgan said:

These results are why Hearts should be tucking away crap like Ross County.

Not being able to consistently tuck away the crap teams (often at the same time competitors drop points) has much more often been our undoing than an inability to win in Glasgow. Yet often folk focus on the need to win in Glasgow as if that's what's always held us back.

5 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Not being able to consistently tuck away the crap teams (often at the same time competitors drop points) has much more often been our undoing than an inability to win in Glasgow. Yet often folk focus on the need to win in Glasgow as if that's what's always held us back.

That’s the point I was trying to make.

Thanks for typing it far more eloquently than I.  👍

Edited by Morgan

Bazzas right boot
8 minutes ago, Auldbenches said:

Yip, this for me is the bigger barrier to anyone outside the of challenging. 

We've already beaten celtic as well. 

Guest ToqueJambo
4 minutes ago, Morgan said:

That’s the point I was trying to make.

Thanks for typing it far more eloquently than I.  👍

ha, was trying to agree not rewrite mind you

Bazzas right boot
5 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

I think this season could be a throwback to the mid 80s. Bout time tbh. 

Hopefully with happier endings. 

Already had a pk shoot out defeat in a cup final, Cba with emotions like that every season. 

Guest ToqueJambo
10 minutes ago, Auldbenches said:

Spot on. And it's why we don't play each other twice. Two teams would suffer the most and we know who they are.

1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

Yip, this for me is the bigger barrier to anyone outside the of challenging. 

We've already beaten celtic as well. 

We usually get at least one decent result against the old firm but it doesn't make a difference because of how often we play them.

Notice how the other day someone said one if the most exciting leagues in Europe rather than competitive. 

You can't have an exciting one without it being competitive.

1 hour ago, Brown Stuff 74 said:

Thats funniest one ever.

1 minute ago, Boab said:

Not really.

we gained on the demons and sheep.

Lost no ground on Hibs and Sevco.

We should be ahead of them all as the better side yesterday it is frustrating for me. 

Bazzas right boot
11 minutes ago, Auldbenches said:

We usually get at least one decent result against the old firm but it doesn't make a difference because of how often we play them.

Notice how the other day someone said one if the most exciting leagues in Europe rather than competitive. 

You can't have an exciting one without it being competitive.

Yip. 

David Martingdale looks and sounds like he should be called Tam.

Tam Courts looks and sounds like his surname should be Martingdale.

It's a funny old game. 

25 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

I think this season could be a throwback to the mid 80s. Bout time tbh. 

Awww, I must be totally wrong, I completely agree with you :(

22 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Agreed, dropping points against the weaker teams has been our undoing more often. But our inability to get results against the OF (which is worse in Glasgow, but almost as bad at home) has held us back too.

The closest we have come to the title since 1986 was in 1997-8, where we were in the hunt throughout the season. We only lost two games v non-OF teams, and won 19/28 of those fixtures, but we managed 3 points from 8 games against the OF, drawing twice v Celtic and once v Rangers, and losing all the rest. In the end we finished 7 points behind Celtic and 5 behind Rangers. Turn just one loss v Celtic and one loss v Rangers into wins, and Hearts win the double.

36 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Brown Stuff by name, brown stuff by nature. 

My mind is made up and I'm calling bullshit on this one.

He’s a Hibs troll. His posts before the derby confirmed it. A few pro-hearts posts to try and lure folk in and back to the fishing for idiots chat. 

Just now, GinRummy said:

He’s a Hibs troll. His posts before the derby confirmed it. A few pro-hearts posts to try and lure folk in and back to the fishing for idiots chat. 

The name alone is blatant. 

Pity the fool.

Todays OF results goes some way to dispell the myth of a big support making a difference, sellick had 3 sides at Almondvale, and the other bigots were jam packed, to see the unfurling of their own flag. (After they went in the huff with the flag provided 🤣)

10 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

8 minutes ago, leith_dude said:

The name alone is blatant. 

Pity the fool.

It’s strange. Really really strange behaviour. I’ll be honest I have a look on .net now and again but wouldn’t dream of opening an account and pretend to be one of them. It’s all very sad.

1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

Celtic have a problem if they don't start fast. 

Thier style is almost like the blitzkrieg in ww2, hit them hard and fast. 

When it works, it works well but if they don't score and the game gets bogged down then they run out of steam. 

They have a problem, but as you say will probably hit a bit of form and rattle of 7/8 wins in a row. 

Rangers seem worse with crowds back!

If we can win our two home games we'll be dong well.

Aberdeen, rangers and Hibs all dropped home points this weekend. 

Despite folk calling the lesser teams shite and writing them off, every game is tough. 

Absolutely this.

Салатные палочки
24 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

He could bring Dougie Imrie as his assistant......

:rofl:

Darian McKinnon as coach. 

1 hour ago, Brown Stuff 74 said:

Heard from a player at the club. You can make your own mind up. Would you take him? 

Heard from a player at the club? :rofl:

That is total bollocks, and he is never the sort of person who would ever be considered for a place at Heart of Midlothian Football Club.  It doesn't fit the image, and he's totally shite anyway.  There is no way that players were informed that he was being considered. 

I also wasn't aware that players were often told the plans about replacing managers, when the current one is still in place.  Talk about undermining the people in charge. 

56 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

100%  fact.

2 minutes ago, Jambo in Bathgate said:

Looks like it’s odds on that unless things change at Celtic and Aberdeen one or both will have new managers by Christmas. 

Aberdeen, certainly. I predicted they would be bottom 6 under Glass. He'll be gone by January imo. 

Just now, Arthur Morgan said:

Aberdeen, certainly. I predicted they would be bottom 6 under Glass. He'll be gone by January imo. 

I bet they are looking at Davidson already

Yesterday was frustrating, but i would say we have been the most impressive side out of all the clubs so far this season. The Livi result does make Saturday a bit tougher but should also focus the players to realise that no game is easy in this league. Win the next 2 home games and we are right on Track for a good season.

Edited by karipidis

Jambo in Bathgate
1 minute ago, karipidis said:

Yesterday was frustrating, but i would say we have been the most impressive side out of all the clubs so far this season. The Livi result does make Saturday a bit tougher but should also focus the players to realise that no game is east in this league. Win the next 2 home games and we are right I. Track for a good season.

Livi went back to basics playing total defence and playing a midfielder as a forward.