*** Other Scottish football match thread, for anyone who gives a ****

tartofmidlothian

part_time_jambo
1 hour ago, Morgan said:

These results are why Hearts should be tucking away crap like Ross County.

Exactly. It's hard enough without passing up a glorious chance to improve our position relative to the others around us. I don't go along with the "turns out to be not a bad result" brigades pish.

• Replies 62.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• neilnunb

• Mikey1874

• Bazzas right boot

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

part_time_jambo
1 hour ago, John Findlay said:

Bonus for us today with those results.

Well done both Livingston and Motherwell.

It's not a bonus. It would have been a bonus if we had won yesterday.

part_time_jambo
1 hour ago, martoon said:

Today has certainly put a point in Dingwall into perspective.

Would love another crazy 1985/86 season. 

If so, at least we've started well this time.

I'll never give up the dream.

Never.

It really doesn't. A point in Dingwall isn't good enough.

Guest ToqueJambo
17 minutes ago, Jambo in Bathgate said:

Livi went back to basics playing total defence and playing a midfielder as a forward. 

Sounds like how almost every team played against us last season.

Guest ToqueJambo
22 minutes ago, Arthur Morgan said:

Aberdeen, certainly. I predicted they would be bottom 6 under Glass. He'll be gone by January imo. 

I keep hearing from Glass and others at Aberdeen in the press about how they're trying something different, etc, blah, blah... what is that exactly? They never seem to outline exactly what they are doing differently up there.

Being shite again after their wee period without much major competition under McInnes maybe, during which they managed half the number of cups St J won in one season?

35 minutes ago, part_time_jambo said:

A 1-0 loss at Livi and a 1-1 draw v. Motherwell isn't either.

2 hours ago, Auldbenches said:

Today's results would matter if we only played each other twice a season.

2 hours ago, Morgan said:

Good point. 👍

Perhaps the 4x a season might bear fruit. 

Looks to me like there are, on their day, 10 pretty decent teams in the league.

OF v. The rest is 6 wins, a draw and 3 defeat in 10. That's shite compared to most seasons.

Regardless, let us dreamers, dream you miserable buggers. 😄

:flagwave::yas:

2 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Celtic have a problem if they don't start fast. 

Thier style is almost like the blitzkrieg in ww2, hit them hard and fast. 

When it works, it works well but if they don't score and the game gets bogged down then they run out of steam. 

They have a problem, but as you say will probably hit a bit of form and rattle of 7/8 wins in a row. 

Rangers seem worse with crowds back!

If we can win our two home games we'll be dong well.

Aberdeen, rangers and Hibs all dropped home points this weekend. 

Despite folk calling the lesser teams shite and writing them off, every game is tough. 

To call Celtics style of play blitzkrieg is quite a cheek tbh 😂 but each to there own, they play far better under Ange, than they did under lennon. 

There is a clear style of play, they attack teams and press high and are very much a possession based team. 

There style of play like you said is high risk, high reward, but there goal difference speaks for itself, they dominated the game in large spells at ibrox, the problem they have is recruitment and having players currently at the club, that simply don't want to be at Celtic anymore. 

I would certainly like a coach that plays that style of play, at Hearts one day. 

Every game is tough you're absolutely spot on Smith 👍, but here's the thing when teams make it tough we have to match them, second balls we win, individual battles we win. 

If we can do this and not every game will be a battle, then I'm confident Hearts will come out victorious 9 times out of 10. 

But the game we played in yesterday wasn't a battle, it was two teams trying to play football,both attacking and the goals we gave away after being in front for 2 mins wasn't good enough. 

Stephen Glass the good honest Scottish ex pro takes Aberdeen job with zero management experience having been a youth team coach in America…. Scottish Media’s reaction is to give him time talk about bedding in new players. Cathro Stendal to name a few take the Hearts job and it’s ridicule from all quarters.

2 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

Stephen Glass the good honest Scottish ex pro takes Aberdeen job with zero management experience having been a youth team coach in America…. Scottish Media’s reaction is to give him time talk about bedding in new players. Cathro Stendal to name a few take the Hearts job and it’s ridicule from all quarters.

Spot on 👍

1 hour ago, part_time_jambo said:

Exactly. It's hard enough without passing up a glorious chance to improve our position relative to the others around us. I don't go along with the "turns out to be not a bad result" brigades pish.

surely all those teams and supporters feel the same. Are we all sacking our managers then? 

Guest ToqueJambo
2 minutes ago, D4nny_ said:

Massive opportunity missed this weekend.

True but what is also true is you could have said that 5-10 times or more a season almost every season we've ever played, including the good ones.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Wonder when the last time Rangers Celtic Hearts Hibs and Aberdeen all played separate fixtures in Scotland and all failed to win. Must be a long time ago!

4 minutes ago, D4nny_ said:

Massive opportunity missed this weekend.

The same will be said by supporters of Hibs, Aberdeen, Rangers, Celtic and Dundee.

3 hours ago, Morgan said:

These results are why Hearts should be tucking away crap like Ross County.

And the huns and the tims should be winning every game. Not sure what your point is

1 hour ago, karipidis said:

Yesterday was frustrating, but i would say we have been the most impressive side out of all the clubs so far this season. The Livi result does make Saturday a bit tougher but should also focus the players to realise that no game is easy in this league. Win the next 2 home games and we are right on Track for a good season.

Good post

14 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Serious question - have the mods on here Ever dealt with blatant trolls? I mean. - they ain’t exactly making if difficult 

There’s been a real see-through one on this thread, that’s for sure.

In my opinion, of course.

So because the tims and the huns don't win that means we should win every game???? Please tell me what sort of logic made you work that one out 

Just now, XB52 said:

And the huns and the tims should be winning every game. Not sure what your point is

My point is, Hearts should be beating the wee teams, in the hope that our nearest rivals slip up.  As 3 or 4 of them did this very weekend.

Just now, XB52 said:

So because the tims and the huns don't win that means we should win every game???? Please tell me what sort of logic made you work that one out 

You’re being pernickety now.

That’s not the intended point at all.

4 minutes ago, Morgan said:

There’s been a real see-through one on this thread, that’s for sure.

In my opinion, of course.

Who's that Morgan? 

44 minutes ago, martoon said:

Sorry, it's only Hearts that don't win every game. Surely you know that by now

21 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Serious question - have the mods on here Ever dealt with blatant trolls? I mean. - they ain’t exactly making if difficult 

Who's that? 

Tom Hardy’s Dug

Losing to Livingston isn’t good enough. Drawing at home to Motherwell or St Mirren isn’t good enough. Losing at home to St Johnstone isn’t good enough.

Shit happens bud. Unfortunately there are always two teams on the pitch - every single game. It’s annoying but it’s also just a fact.

21 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

I sometimes wonder if I'm posting on hibsnet by mistake. Any poster who says anything positive about Heart of Midlothian is shot down in flames 

Watching the dons game on sportscene and frustrating we didn't beat them at tynie. They're bang average. 

Drawing that game is more annoying to me than the draw yesterday as they were there for the taking but we sat back at 1 up.

6 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Who's that? 

Not you mate 😂 - I can’t name as I’ll end up with the ban.  There is one poster who is as blatantly hibs as they come 

I'm feeling proper sorry for Broony.  Heartbroken in fact.

Bottom 6 Broony and Aberdeen don't own any referees.

Just no' fair.

Frustrating that we could be clear atop the table if we'd taken our chances a bit better in the three draws, but we're still on 2 pts/game, which is fine sailing in most leagues.

But we've been the better team in each of those three draws, which means we have a shot of breaking through and having a find run here soon. Can't wait much longer for it though.

17 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Not you, Bongo.  👍

If that’s what you’re driving at.  

Nah honest mate who's trolling, it's quite funny tbh, that's some said last week that Hearts players and Robbie would be disappointed about not beating Hibs etc etc so i quess they will be happy with the draw this weekend against County.

Again forbid the fan that wants to see his club doing well, and how dare he question and be disappointed, but hey Robbie and the boys are allowed too 🤔 I'm actually starting too wonder if some posters have a spilt personality, if they do then fair play 👍

But how can they hound and be annoyed with poster's 

That 1.we have one of the best squads in years that i could name 4/5 players that wouldn't look out of place, playing for either Rangers or Celtic. 

2. They are ambitious supporters and clearly just want to see the club achieve it's full potential. 

When you consider all things it doesn't matter how other teams play or how many they win, my focus is on Hearts and what we do, so it's natural to be disappointed as a supporter, if you're team doesn't win, all people have said it's a missed opportunity and they are 100% spot on how many weeks will Hibs, Aberdeen, Rangers, Celtic drop points are these people thick!! Why does it have to spelled out to them feck me. 

Hearts are a big club, with that comes expectations, I couldn't give a rats ass how the other teams get on, this feeling good because other teams drop points is bollocks, when you have you're opponent on the ropes rocked, you go for the Ko, no fecking about. 

Honestly man pathetic we laughed at Hibs last week celebrating a draw against us, yet this week we are because other teams dropped points, you couldn't make it up man. 

Edited by Bongo 1874

part_time_jambo

I agree, but we haven't played them yet so let's hope it doesn't happen.

part_time_jambo
21 minutes ago, XB52 said:

We should win every game irrespective of what the "derogatory term" or the "other derogatory term" do. 

I've been following Hearts lone enough to know that's not going to happen, but it doesn't make yesterday's result any more acceptable (for me).

5 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Nah honest mate who's trolling, it's quite funny tbh, that's some said last week that Hearts players and Robbie would be disappointed about not beating Hibs etc etc so i quess they will be happy with the draw this weekend against County.

Again forbid the fan that wants to see his club doing well, and how dare he question and be disappointed, but hey Robbie and the boys are allowed too 🤔 I'm actually starting too wonder if some posters have a spilt personality, if they do then fair play 👍

But how can they hound and be annoyed with poster's 

That 1.we have one of the best squads in years that i could name 4/5 players that wouldn't look out of place, playing for either Rangers or Celtic. 

2. They are ambitious supporters and clearly just want to see the club achieve it's full potential. 

When you consider all things it doesn't matter how other teams play or how many they win, my focus is on Hearts and what we do, so it's natural to be disappointed as a supporter, if you're team doesn't win, all people have said it's a missed opportunity and they are 100% spot on how many weeks will Hibs, Aberdeen, Rangers, Celtic drop points are these people thick!! Why does it have to spelled out to them feck me. 

Hearts are a big club, with that comes expectations, I couldn't give a rats ass how the other teams get on, this feeling good because other teams drop points is bollocks, when you have you're opponent on the ropes rocked, you go for the Ko, no fecking about. 

Honestly man pathetic we laughed at Hibs last week celebrating a draw against us, yet this week we are because other teams dropped points, you couldn't make it up man. 

The reasonably new poster, who’s done nothing but chat utter shite.. and who’s latest gem is that “we have looked at David Martindale” 

naw we havnae ya trolling hibs dick.  

Bye lads - this be a thread ban for pointing out the blantantly obvious 

part_time_jambo
24 minutes ago, Morgan said:

My point is, Hearts should be beating the wee teams, in the hope that our nearest rivals slip up.  As 3 or 4 of them did this very weekend.

I'm amazed that any true Hearts supporter could argue with that, yet there are plenty on here doing just that.

1 minute ago, kingantti1874 said:

The reasonably new poster, who’s done nothing but chat utter shite.. and who’s latest gem is that “we have looked at David Martindale” 

Could have just said the pleb talks the broon stuff.  

17 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Not you mate 😂 - I can’t name as I’ll end up with the ban.  There is one poster who is as blatantly hibs as they come 

The one that doesn't go to all the games. 

August Landmesser
10 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

The one that doesn't go to all the games. 

Tbf, that's because it's very difficult to travel anywhere in Scotland from Hamilton

2 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

I keep hearing from Glass and others at Aberdeen in the press about how they're trying something different, etc, blah, blah... what is that exactly? They never seem to outline exactly what they are doing differently up there.

Being shite again after their wee period without much major competition under McInnes maybe, during which they managed half the number of cups St J won in one season?

Broken Glass. Maybe some have already Seen The Light. 

Not sure what they are doing or trying to do different from the McInnes years. Bizarre.

2 hours ago, DS98 said:

It’s strange. Really really strange behaviour. I’ll be honest I have a look on .net now and again but wouldn’t dream of opening an account and pretend to be one of them. It’s all very sad.

I opened an account, not to troll them, I've never actually posted anything.  It just means I can get onto the forum when it's in lockdown after they've Hibs'd it again, and bask in their suffering.

Pasquale for King

You won’t get any fans of the uglies accepting it though. 

4 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

You won’t get any fans of the uglies accepting it though. 

They don't have any option but to accept it. Its a result. If its that bad, Rangers fans will be calling for Gerrard's head? Big Ange can't survive, can he? 

46 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

You took one for the team 👍