*** Other Scottish football match thread, for anyone who gives a ****

tartofmidlothian

1 hour ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

They look like they’re back to being shite again this season. 

They've had a slow start in the league.    Fair play to Tavernier, he's pulled them out the shit again with another match winner to his tally.   Earns the  captains armband. 

Edited by HMFC01

• Replies 63.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• neilnunb

• Mikey1874

• Bazzas right boot

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, King prawn said:

If Harry Stone is just sat on the bench for Partick he may as well be sat on the bench for us. Should be playing every week. 

Spot on 👍 feck them. 

3 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Yes we were extremely lucky, we also played them at parkhead sat off them and couldn't argue if they had scored 6/7 first half, only to go out second half attack them and well you can tell me what happened from there? I've forgotten. 

Can’t just debate without a snyde wee remark can ya 😑 

Were we lucky? I wouldnt say so we controlled the tempo at Tynie we didn’t really allow them any clear shots at goal either we marshalled (see what i did there) their forwards well. 

5 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Yes we were extremely lucky, we also played them at parkhead sat off them and couldn't argue if they had scored 6/7 first half, only to go out second half attack them and well you can tell me what happened from there? I've forgotten. 

You need your bit of luck at times in they games.  We got it in one, not in the other.  Saints got their luck in the cup using similar tactics and not today.   It's realistically why Newcastle are sitting here time wasting at Old Trafford.   Sit back, keep it tight against better players and try and nick on break or get a lucky break. 

2 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Surely playing at home you have to be more creative and adventurous, I think we can agree if Hearts had got that result St Johnstone did today and the way they played, people would lose there shit on here. 

Aye cause this place is a good thing to use as a barometer of normality and sense

2 minutes ago, King prawn said:

If Harry Stone is just sat on the bench for Partick he may as well be sat on the bench for us. Should be playing every week. 

I'm not sure he or anyone can argue with Ian McCall looking at the table.  Stones made a few blunders recently and wouldn't be on our bench. 

5 minutes ago, sadj said:

Can’t just debate without a snyde wee remark can ya 😑 

Were we lucky? I wouldnt say so we controlled the tempo at Tynie we didn’t really allow them any clear shots at goal either we marshalled (see what i did there) their forwards well. 

Cmon mate, we smashed and grabbed a win against a Celtic side. 

They at the time were 💩

Edited by Bongo 1874

2 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

I'm not sure he or anyone can argue with Ian McCall looking at the table.  Stones made a few blunders recently and wouldn't be on our bench. 

You’d rather Ross Stewart ? 

3 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

You need your bit of luck at times in they games.  We got it in one, not in the other.  Saints got their luck in the cup using similar tactics and not today.   It's realistically why Newcastle are sitting here time wasting at Old Trafford.   Sit back, keep it tight against better players and try and nick on break or get a lucky break. 

I think there is a massive difference to the English Premier league in terms of quality of standard in players, than the Scottish tbh. 

St Johnstone could've won that today if they had set out to attack them. 

1 minute ago, Bongo 1874 said:

I think there is a massive difference to the English Premier league in terms of quality of standard in players, than the Scottish tbh. 

St Johnstone could've won that today if they had set out to attack them. 

In the same way as we could have been picked apart and lost to Celtic if we set out to attack them. 

8 minutes ago, King prawn said:

It's up to him to earn his starting place wherever he is.

10 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Glass is pulling the wool over their supporters' eyes. 

They are being fleeced big time.

Wouldn't mind Ramsay and Mccrorie, the rest of them 😂 Brown and Ferguson, if Derek has any sense at all he will tell his laddie to get a move ASAP, feck playing in the middle with that thug. 

As for glass girfuy you Hibs tramp. 

Edited by Bongo 1874

7 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

In the same way as we could have been picked apart and lost to Celtic if we set out to attack them. 

How do you come to that conclusion but, are you suggesting Celtic felt sorry for us or got tired second half that we were able to attack them and win the second  2-1. 

Because we went in at half time 2-0 down. 

I don't mind losing if the players give 100% and try to win from the first whistle. 

Get this anti football sitting in and defending pish to feck man, no wonder the English rip the piss out of our game. 

The game is football. 

Edited by Bongo 1874

How do you come to that conclusion but, are you suggesting Celtic felt sorry for us or got tired second half that we were able to attack them and win the second  2-1. 

Because we went in at half time 2-0 down. 

I don't mind losing if the players give 100% and try to win from the first whistle. 

Get this anti football sitting in and defending pish to feck man, no wonder the English rip the piss out of our game. 

The game is football. 

Celtic where poor but still had a lot of the possession without creating much.  We go at them, which might not be successful  it opens space up for them meaning easier to create.  It worked for us because they became toothless as us compact.  

The game at Celtic park they where on fire and stepped off the gas.

I'm with you btw and would rather give it a go too but I would also take any win against a bigger club with more budget and better players playing in a way that is best suited for us to win the game. 

1 minute ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Celtic where poor but still had a lot of the possession without creating much.  We go at them, which might not be successful  it opens space up for them meaning easier to create.  It worked for us because they became toothless as us compact.  

I'm with you btw and would rather give it a go too but I would also take any win against a bigger club with more budget and better players playing in a way that is best suited for us to win the game. 

Personally feel if you don't set out positively, you won't achieve positive results but fair play 👍

Can understand how you feel that way, at home i feel you can dominate against the old firm and have a real go at them. 

Limit there tickets, get in there faces make it difficult. 

They don't like it. 

7 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Man Utd 1-0 up you can only soak up pressure for so long 😔 Newcastle being my English team not a great start to the weekend. 

Edited by Bongo 1874

Kelty v Elgin is fecking brutal

Plastic pitch and a strong breeze not a good combination

Hoofball Central as well

HT

Kelty 0-1 Elgin

Man Utd 1-0 up you can only soak up pressure for so long 😔 Newcastle being my English team  not a great start to the weekend. 

Woodman doing a fantastic Zibbi impression there. 

1 minute ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Woodman doing a fantastic Zibbi impression there. 

Club is fecked from top to bottom,they don't have a style of play, there a sleeping giant, that needs backed, Ashley just happy to sit there and collect his Premier league money every season, doing the bare minimum and hoping they stay up. 

4 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Man Utd 1-0 up you can only soak up pressure for so long 😔 Newcastle being my English team not a great start to the weekend. 

Newcastle had the best chances. Should have been 2-0 up.

Club is fecked from top to bottom,they don't have a style of play, there a sleeping giant, that needs backed, Ashley just happy to sit there and collect his Premier league money every season, doing the bare minimum and hoping they stay up. 

Aye I feel for their support. 

2 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Newcastle had the best chances. Should have been 2-0 up.

When you think back at the entertainers and some of the players they had, 

Ashley really is a ^^^^

Tom Hardy’s Dug
10 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Hmmm. You and Gary Locke…🤔

Just now, Bongo 1874 said:

Deflection lucky bassas. 

They'd get handed a penalty soon if they hadn't scored anyway, hate them. I hope Ross County can salvage a draw.

1 minute ago, Sertse said:

They'd get handed a penalty soon if they hadn't scored anyway, hate them. I hope Ross County can salvage a draw.

2-0😔

Bazzas right boot
53 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Personally feel if you don't set out positively, you won't achieve positive results but fair play 👍

Can understand how you feel that way, at home i feel you can dominate against the old firm and have a real go at them. 

Limit there tickets, get in there faces make it difficult. 

They don't like it. 

Applying that logic-

Do you also agree that teams like Dunfermline, St Mirren etc can do the same to us? 

Or does that logic only work one way?

1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

Applying that logic-

Do you also agree that teams like Dunfermline, St Mirren etc can do the same to us? 

Or does that logic only work one way?

I think we can see when a team is prepared to attack us and have a go we are vulnerable like most. 

Sitting in and making it difficult is no good because you are banking on shutting a team out for 90 mins, the chances of that are slim, so why install a negative mindset into the players, and don't give them the belief that they can attack and win. 

Just my opinion on how the game should be played. 

8 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

hamilton getting pumped 4-0 by arbroath

Just saw that 😍 , Aberdeen have been superb today according to Rob McLean , they passed it about lovely at the back tbf. He also said if they get a goal soon then your think they maybe would get am equaliser because maybe the momentum would go in their favour and it might bring another goal… or some ****

Edited by sadj