Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• neilnunb

• Mikey1874

• Bazzas right boot

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Randy Marsh said:

Do Brechin get relegated to the Lowland or Highland League? 

1 hour ago, Commander lovemuscle said:

Highland

Tom English said they have pissed too many people off with their attempts to avoid the play off.

He said their proposal to join Lowland league needed a vote and it wasn't going to happen. 

No Idle Talk

I'm happy enough with both tonight's results. Brechin really deserve to drop out of the league and I have harboured a dislike for Airdrie ever since those two Scottish Cup semi-finals. 😡

Rick Sanchez

I was hoping for 3 or 4 from Kelty tbh and I think they were capable of it. Still game on unfortunately 😔

Guest ToqueJambo

It could even be good for Brechin to go down. Challenging for promotion instead of anchored at the bottom has to be more enjoyable for whatsisname who goes along to watch them every week.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
12 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

It could even be good for Brechin to go down. Challenging for promotion instead of anchored at the bottom has to be more enjoyable for whatsisname who goes along to watch them every week.

Highland League could kill them. At least the bypass helps them I suppose 

Niemi’s gloves
11 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Ironically that could be how it is for them in Highland League. I suspect that in the Lowland league they would be constantly overtaken by ambitious and better supported clubs (mostly former juniors) with diminishing chances of promotion with every year that goes by. 

Footballfirst
29 minutes ago, Niemi’s gloves said:

Ironically that could be how it is for them in Highland League. I suspect that in the Lowland league they would be constantly overtaken by ambitious and better supported clubs (mostly former juniors) with diminishing chances of promotion with every year that goes by. 

They will be at least £45,000 down on their income if they go down, as that is what they receive from the SPFL for finishing bottom of SPFL L2.

Guest ToqueJambo

Are there any figures on the average age of the support of a club like Brechin? You can't help but wonder if Old Father Time will end up leading to a major reshuffle in Scottish football. 

Tommy Brown
7 hours ago, Niemi’s gloves said:

Can only assume that most of their players are from the central belt.

Getting players to then be willing to make the trek to Wick/Fort William/Fraserburgh  every other week may be difficult.

Getting into the play off through Highland should be easier.

They have a big fight ahead on Sunday, fail and their fight becomes a whole lot bigger.

August Landmesser

Assuming Brora win the HL next season, that's Brechin looking at being down/up there for two years at least, even before a possible play-off v whichever well organised, ambitious and professionally run team wins the LL in 22/23. They can be the East Stirlingshire of the HL.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 hours ago, August Landmesser said:

Assuming Brora win the HL next season, that's Brechin looking at being down/up there for two years at least, even before a possible play-off v whichever well organised, ambitious and professionally run team wins the LL in 22/23. They can be the East Stirlingshire of the HL.

I reckon they will struggle. Anyone thats come out of the Highland League seems to have done well or at least held their own. Brora and Formartine have always been well financed of late, there seems to be someone always ready to grasp the next opportunity as each of these teams go. Inverness, Ross County, Peterhead, Elgin and now Cove, the pyramid works. If Kelty get in now, they too will survive. 

Its great to see these teams who have offered little or nothing being systematically removed from the league set up, still a few to go yet

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope
14 hours ago, John Findlay said:

Sound travels faster through the radio than the Telly.

Thanks John, but the technical language confused me.  Couldn't you have put it in layman's terms?

3 hours ago, August Landmesser said:

Playing a better League 2 side in the Play Off too. 

John Findlay
19 minutes ago, Andrew Gilbert Wauchope said:

Thanks John, but the technical language confused me.  Couldn't you have put it in layman's terms?

Sorry my apology.

August Landmesser
1 hour ago, Sir Gio said:

I reckon they will struggle. Anyone thats come out of the Highland League seems to have done well or at least held their own. Brora and Formartine have always been well financed of late, there seems to be someone always ready to grasp the next opportunity as each of these teams go. Inverness, Ross County, Peterhead, Elgin and now Cove, the pyramid works. If Kelty get in now, they too will survive. 

Its great to see these teams who have offered little or nothing being systematically removed from the league set up, still a few to go yet

You'd expect the shock of relegation to knock a bit of complacency out of the former league clubs - especially when they realise the ambition of the clubs in their new league. Berwick Rangers were in a mess when they went down, but seem to be sorting themselves out and adjusting to life down there. East Stirlingshire seem to be settled in for good though

One club that came up to the league and seems happy to tread water is Annan Athletic - promoted years ago and have done virtually shag all since, with no indication that they want to do anything, could happily see them go back down again.

26 minutes ago, August Landmesser said:

You'd expect the shock of relegation to knock a bit of complacency out of the former league clubs - especially when they realise the ambition of the clubs in their new league. Berwick Rangers were in a mess when they went down, but seem to be sorting themselves out and adjusting to life down there. East Stirlingshire seem to be settled in for good though

One club that came up to the league and seems happy to tread water is Annan Athletic - promoted years ago and have done virtually shag all since, with no indication that they want to do anything, could happily see them go back down again.

Yup, it's a bit of the EPL thing.  You hear fans down there say they prefer being in the Champ as they get to see their team win and probably play  better football than hanging on around the drop zone in the EPL.  I get that - it's the same for the likes of E Stirling and Brechin.  Their 30 supporters will surely enjoy going to new grounds, winning some games etc.  Shouldn't in any way be death for these clubs as long as they cut cloth a bit and actually embrace it a little.  If clubs like Bonnyrigg etc can be doing well and thriving, why can't these others.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 hours ago, August Landmesser said:

Give Hamilton an annual pumping in the League Cup, but yeah, they seem to be at their level. Elgin is a team I expected to do better, they always had a decent following, and were a Highland League "giant" really in context. They should be able to do better, assume they have never really had the backing they could have. Highland League is generally dominated by a team sponsored by a dominant businessman in the Energy Supply Chain, Elgin dont seem to have had that, albeit with a superior fanbase to most clubs. From North I know more about HL than LL, what was Edinburgh Citys history?

Not Scottish, of course, but good luck to Atalanta in the Coppa Italia final tonight. Tough test against Juventus, although they're just been dethroned by Inter in Serie a.

Atalanta have not won it since 1962/63 (sound familiar?), which is the only major honour they have ever won. 

They could also clinch 2nd in Serie a at the weekend. Their best ever finish.

All the best to them. Always nice to see silverware escape the usual suspects.

Edited by martoon

5 hours ago, Newton51 said:

Sheep not happy 

Interesting why they would publicly acknowledge this. Unless its to put him in the shop window

26 minutes ago, sadj said:

Interesting why they would publicly acknowledge this. Unless its to put him in the shop window

Yes.

How the £2 million offer from Watford is public knowledge.

Lewis Ferguson should be relatively easy to replace too. 

Just now, Mikey1874 said:

Yes.

Wasnt aware of any bid lol , makes sense then 👍🏻

Forever Hearts
5 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Yes.

He's arguably their best and most valuable player. He won't be easy to replace at all.  

Horatio Caine
3 hours ago, Forever Hearts said:

He's arguably their best and most valuable player. He won't be easy to replace at all.  

Yes, and the transfer request sounds as though he's not overly impressed with his new gaffer.

Think the sheep are done in regards being up there in the top part of the League. McInnes, for all that went wrong at the end, had them up there for the most part. Can see them now doing a good impersonation of Motherwell. Shame !

6 hours ago, gregzy2k7 said:

Hope Kelty do it! Take yer ****ing medicine Brechin! Hohoho

I really hope Kelty do this they have a cracking chance getting up 2,1 from first leg. Have they decided what league Brechin will join Highland or Lowland ? Anyway whatever league they join they will be forking out a fortune in travel to these away games. We will probably never see Brechin again in the football league. Their so many teams in the football league who if they go down they will never come back up and plenty teams in that lowland league who would do a lot better in the football league. 

Harry Potter
23 minutes ago, Stu_HMFC said:

I really hope Kelty do this they have a cracking chance getting up 2,1 from first leg. Have they decided what league Brechin will join Highland or Lowland ? Anyway whatever league they join they will be forking out a fortune in travel to these away games. We will probably never see Brechin again in the football league. Their so many teams in the football league who if they go down they will never come back up and plenty teams in that lowland league who would do a lot better in the football league. 

Hope Kelty get over the line.

Tommy Brown

We will gather opinions on Kelty when we start drawing them away in the cups.

Plastic pitch.

Still want Brechin for all their recent faults.

Tommy Brown
19 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

Give Hamilton an annual pumping in the League Cup, but yeah, they seem to be at their level. Elgin is a team I expected to do better, they always had a decent following, and were a Highland League "giant" really in context. They should be able to do better, assume they have never really had the backing they could have. Highland League is generally dominated by a team sponsored by a dominant businessman in the Energy Supply Chain, Elgin dont seem to have had that, albeit with a superior fanbase to most clubs. From North I know more about HL than LL, what was Edinburgh Citys history?

The Elgin chairman was a "take your medicine" prick.

He gets most of the vast majorty of his squad from Glasgow and Ayrshire (his words on radio).

I would like to see him and his club go down. Albion Rovers and Cowdenbeath., also.  

10 hours ago, sadj said:

Wasnt aware of any bid lol , makes sense then 👍🏻

Waford bid is reported at £1.2 million this morning, not £2 million but could be the same bid with add-ons. 

41 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

The Elgin chairman was a "take your medicine" prick.

He gets most of the vast majorty of his squad from Glasgow and Ayrshire (his words on radio).

I would like to see him and his club go down. Albion Rovers and Cowdenbeath., also.  

Two hideous clubs from two hideous towns.

Very much looking forward to Dundee v. Killie tonight.

Someone's going to suffer over both legs and schadenfreude is an integral part of being a football fan.

Especially when you're a petty, vindictive fecker like me.

I'd prefer Killie to prevail but, regardless, I'm going to enjoy watching both squirm and the ultimate desolation of the loser. 👹

Tommy Brown
1 minute ago, Cheile said:

Two hideous clubs from two hideous towns.

Brechin and Cowdenbeath at least have recent history in the Championship, so have shown ambition and fell on hard times.

Albion are perennial shite.

Cowdenbeath i hate because of their ground.

Harry Potter
21 minutes ago, martoon said:

Very much looking forward to Dundee v. Killie tonight.

Someone's going to suffer over both legs and schadenfreude is an integral part of being a football fan.

Especially when you're a petty, vindictive fecker like me.

I'd prefer Killie to prevail but, regardless, I'm going to enjoy watching both squirm and the ultimate desolation of the loser. 👹

Fancy Killie to hand out the medicine in copious amounts.

9 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

Fancy Killie to hand out the medicine in copious amounts.

I think they'll kill the tie stone dead tonight, Harry.

Adam can pick out a pass but he's had the time to look up and do that against Championship opposition this season. He won't have that luxury against better opposition.

Killie have finished 2nd bottom but they are a useful side. If fit, Lafferty and Burke will probably expose Dundee and Adam's shortcomings.

Edit: or should that be shortCummings? 😜

Edited by martoon

1 minute ago, jonnothejambo said:

Agree with this synopsis. Lafferty could have a field day against this shite.

Posted it a few pages back, jonno, but I reckon 0-3 tonight with Lafferty scoring at least one.

These are the occasions he really shines on.

Harry Potter
31 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Sky Sports

Hopefully a stream posted 

Aye Sky sports have it as Dundee Utd V Killie, 😕:berra:.

Paddy Crossan

Sorry if it’s already been posted but Edinburgh City are on Alba. Got money on them for a draw and Kilmarnock to win