*** Other Scottish football match thread, for anyone who gives a ****

tartofmidlothian

Forever Hearts
1 hour ago, XB52 said:

The only facts we can use is the fact that the only time we have played them lately we beat them. Now that is a FACT

Why is that the only fact we can use? They were a missed penalty away from putting us out. 

• Replies 62.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• neilnunb

• Mikey1874

• Bazzas right boot

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, Forever Hearts said:

Why is that the only fact we can use? They were a missed penalty away from putting us out. 

It is the only fact we can currently use to compare us with them. Next season we will have more facts to use. 

10 hours ago, Newton51 said:

Ray McKinnon sacked for Queen’s Park despite winning The league. Heard rumours about mcinnes to queens weeks ago which thought no chance but never know. Dumpster there now so maybe Stubbs has a chance 

arent queens now throwing money at trying to get to the top flight?

Forever Hearts
19 minutes ago, XB52 said:

It is the only fact we can currently use to compare us with them. Next season we will have more facts to use. 

It isn't. Compared to them we are not 3rd in the league, we're not in the Scottish Cup final and we weren't in the semis of the League Cup. You can't just cherry pick the good bits that suit your agenda.  

Edited by Forever Hearts

9 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

It isn't. Compared to them we are not 3rd in the league, we're not in the Scottish Cup final and we weren't in the semis of the League Cup. You can't just cherry pick the good bits that suit your agenda.  

Would you expect them to beat us if we played them tomorrow?

How many of their players would you take for our first 11?

This isn't .net, and they get praised enough by the Scottish media without Hearts fans joining... they're nothing special.

Forever Hearts
7 minutes ago, marcus said:

Would you expect them to beat us if we played them tomorrow?

How many of their players would you take for our first 11?

This isn't .net, and they get praised enough by the Scottish media without Hearts fans joining... they're nothing special.

Yes.

Plenty. 

I never said they were.

Edited by Forever Hearts

28 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

The only one with an agenda is you. A Hearts hating, hibs loving agenda. You are either just a troll or a hobo and, either way, it's a bye bye from me

Forever Hearts
8 minutes ago, XB52 said:

The only one with an agenda is you. A Hearts hating, hibs loving agenda. You are either just a troll or a hobo and, either way, it's a bye bye from me

And there it is, the "you must be a hobo" chat. Brilliant. 💤😴

31 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Yes.

Plenty. 

I never said they were.

Scary.

Who?

Never said you did.

Forever Hearts
1 minute ago, marcus said:

Scary.

Who?

Never said you did.

Why is it scary? On current form, if we had to play them right now I think they'd beat us. It's hardly a crazy opinion.  

From the limited time that I've watched them, Hibs players that would enhance our team/squad...

Marciano (not in front of Gordon)

Porteous

Doig

Newell

Gogic

Doidge

Boyle

Nisbet

8 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Why is it scary? On current form, if we had to play them right now I think they'd beat us. It's hardly a crazy opinion.  

From the limited time that I've watched them, Hibs players that would enhance our team/squad...

Porteous

Doig

Newell

Gogic

Doidge

Boyle

Nisbet

:rofl: 

Conor McGregor apparently in talks to invest in Celtic. But then again a few days ago he was rambling about buying Man Utd. 

Maroon Sailor
29 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Porteous

Doig

Newell

Gogic

Doidge

Boyle

Nisbet

I would take Nisbet at a push only because he's better than Gnando.

That lot couldn't beat us 6 months ago. 

24 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Porteous

Doig

Newell

Gogic

Doidge

Boyle

Nisbet

Fair enough, opinions and all that, I'd be confident that we'd beat them fairly easily.

For me, none of them are better than anyone in our starting 11. 

Gordon

Souttar/Halkett

Kingsley

McEneff

Haring

Boyce

Ginnelly

GMS

Those players I've mentioned would all be in the starting line up in place of the Hibs players in your post.

As back up players, yep:

Marciano instead of Stewart,

Doig instead of Halliday possibly...although I like him at left back as back up,

Boyle instead of Frear,

Nisbet instead of Henderson (only just though).

They wouldn't be in place of our strongest starting 11 though.

Porteous, Newell, Doidge and Gogic are all murder.

SectionDJambo

Football can be a strange game.  

If Hibs had lost a penalty shoot out against Motherwell, after being 2 goals up, nobody would be mentioning them other than to have a chuckle. Luck went with them there and may do so again in the cup final. Just as Hearts could have become heroes after coming back from 2 down in a cup final if we had got lucky with a penalty shoot out.

Hibs could become the first club in my recollection to win the cup without having to eliminate any of Celtic, Rangers, Hearts or Aberdeen first. Maybe Kilmarnock in 1997? Sometimes things just fall into place for a club on a lucky run. The luck of the draw went for us in 1998, but we still had to beat a strong Rangers team in Glasgow to win the cup.

The standard of Scottish domestic football, at the top level in particular, has been abysmal again this season. Rangers have won the league easily whilst certainly not playing their best game every week. They are miles ahead of Celtic, who are miles ahead of Hibs. Hibs are only just ahead of the rest of the chasing pack.

The rest of the Premiership have been beating each other, such is the lack of ability of any other club to put together a decent run of positive results.

Whilst we have concerns about our own club's ability and determination to lift itself out of the recent gross negligence in team performance, let's not fall into trap of believing the media hype that Hibs have a great team. They are an average team who are benefiting from the current poor standards of Scottish domestic football.

KyleLafferty

Joe newell is an excellent player for Hibs. Completely dictates how they play and can travel with the ball and a good passer. 

2 hours ago, milky_26 said:

arent queens now throwing money at trying to get to the top flight?

Yeah in spades tho will have to try increase the fan base. Shows you can sack a manager even after winning the league with average football!

1 hour ago, Forever Hearts said:

Porteous

Doig

Newell

Gogic

Doidge

Boyle

Nisbet

Porteous is a bombscare cart horse. The only thing he would enhance at Tynecastle is turnstile security. Even then he'd probably misplace throwing things in the bin. 

jamboinglasgow
10 minutes ago, Mister T said:

Porteous is a bombscare cart horse. The only thing he would enhance at Tynecastle is turnstile security. Even then he'd probably misplace throwing things in the bin. 

I do like giving credit to Scottish young players (even if they are Hibs) when its due, but Porteous has never convinced me. He just boots the ball to defend, is a heavy tackler that means he either succeeds and looks good or he gives away a bad foul. He doesn't strike me as a ball playing centre back. I suspect that a lot of praise he gets in Scottish football stems from winding up Rangers in recent seasons.

3 hours ago, KyleLafferty said:

Joe newell is an excellent player for Hibs. Completely dictates how they play and can travel with the ball and a good passer. 

But if you speak to Hibs fans he’s also a shitebag when the going gets tough and he disappears for games at a time. 

Also the wee wank done one of the worst dives I’ve seen in the semi. 

8 hours ago, Forever Hearts said:

Aye, because only good teams split the Old Firm🙄. And if Hibs are shite, what does that make us? 

This year aye. Celtic have been abysmal. Aberdeen over the last few years have got to over the 70 point mark. If Hibs were that good they would’ve been challenging 2nd. 

So aye Hibs are shite. How good are we in comparison? No one will know until next season. 

Forever Hearts
Just now, DS98 said:

This year aye. Celtic have been abysmal. Aberdeen over the last few years have got to over the 70 point mark. If Hibs were that good they would’ve been challenging 2nd. 

So aye Hibs are shite. How good are we in comparison? No one will know until next season. 

They should be nowhere near 2nd with their budget compared to Celtic's. 

52 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

They should be nowhere near 2nd with their budget compared to Celtic's. 

If only football was that simple. Aberdeen split the OF twice in recent years. Because they were a good team. 

Hibs will finish miles behind a laughing stock of a Celtic team. They have been practically handed 3rd on a plate and they are still making a James Hunt of it. 

Forever Hearts
8 minutes ago, DS98 said:

If only football was that simple. Aberdeen split the OF twice in recent years. Because they were a good team. 

Hibs will finish miles behind a laughing stock of a Celtic team. They have been practically handed 3rd on a plate and they are still making a James Hunt of it. 

Celtic have lost five games all season, and three of them were to Rangers. Aberdeen split the Old Firm because Celtic didn't try a leg against them in the last game to stop Rangers getting 2nd place. In Rangers' first season back up they were poor but obviously still adjusting to life back in the top league. 

2 hours ago, DS98 said:

Also the wee wank done one of the worst dives I’ve seen in the semi. 

a common theme with that club. 

Maroon Sailor

Looking for Edinburgh City to go through to the play off final tonight

14 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Less Hibs fans than saw their team collect their runners up medals in 2012. 

2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

And st Johnstone season ticket holders! I was expecting more than this tbh

Malinga the Swinga
8 hours ago, SectionDJambo said:

Football can be a strange game.  

If Hibs had lost a penalty shoot out against Motherwell, after being 2 goals up, nobody would be mentioning them other than to have a chuckle. 

Think you're wrong there. Plenty on here would still have found a reason and way to bum them up. 

There's more Hibs admirers round here than flies round a turd. 

Auldbenches
30 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

But 500 more than who saw them get their winners medals 6 years ago because they didn't know how to handle winning the big cup. 

allanwilson1970
4 minutes ago, Locky said:

Wins for Cove, Montrose, Edinburgh City and Stranraer tonight will do nicely.

Was hoping to see Connor Smith or Cammy Logan start and I would have watched the game, surprised they both have not played much recently. Both League 1 games should be good tonight. 

Maroon Sailor

Edinburgh City 1-2 Elgin after 65 mins

2-2 on aggregate

Don't blow it

Edited by Maroon Sailor

BBC website struggling with the concept of 2 legged play offs. 

Now updated to extra time. 

Edited by Mikey1874

3 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

Fingers crossed for Stranraer tonight.

Never mind.  I'm sure they gave it everything.  Hope we play them pre season.

18 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

BBC website struggling with the concept of 2 legged play offs. 

Now updated to extra time. 

Also this saying last kick of the ball despite the opposition still having time to equalise

Edited by Newton51

2 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

But will Hibs do this?

That's great but how on earth can they afford it.  Simply can't understand how every club has survived under covid.