*** Other Scottish football match thread, for anyone who gives a ****

tartofmidlothian

Really hoping the Kelty Hearts v Brechin final 18th and 23rd will be on tv . 

Edited by Stu_HMFC

• Replies 62.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• neilnunb

• Mikey1874

• Bazzas right boot

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

32 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

The Hibs way is really simple. 

Piss about passing along the back then launch it to the baldy combover wankpiece on the wing who will then fall over if you fart in his direction. 

Then let the big carthorse Dredge or whatever his feckin name is run offside and hopefully sclaff it in while the shortarsed pot bellied turd with the world war two haircut deflects one in.

:fth:

A literary masterpiece.

I don't know what to make of hubz right now. All season I have been thinking lucky *******s and they have without a doubt carried a lot of luck. But at the same time they do currently have a few useful players Nisbet being a prime example.

As it stands I would probably make them favourites to take 3rd place again next season though in saying that I still feel as many here do that St J can take them in the final.

And I hope they do because if they take that cup they're guaranteed Euro group football which will be a very tidy financial boost to build from a position of relative strength.

Then there's the sheep who have delusions of grandeur no matter how shite they may be at any given time. Their crowd are  talking about strengthening and actually taking on the OF. An example I just pulled from their forum.

I'm expecting Aberdeen to strengthen for next season to the point where we can take points off of Sevco and more points off of Celtic

So they're going to be taking points from the OF due to the fact they will "strengthen" Now the way I see it if they can confidently expect to do that they can expect to blow anybody else out of the water and even challenge for the title. Anybody think that's actually realistic?

What i'm looking for is Hearts to strengthen though I don't know if strengthening to the point of chasing a top 4 spot next season is feasible. It may be, I simply don't know. But think it's just as likely that next season may be about consolidating and chasing top 6 minimum. We will see.

If hubz don't lose key players I think they can take 3rd again, while the sheep will simply have to start learning their true place in the scheme of things which is not challenging for the title.

I think it's perfectly possible that they may fall even lower next season. They always complained about the cautious approach of McInnes, but the way I see it that's what was getting them top 4 finishes.

Glass appears to be going for a more open attacking approach to mollify these unrealistic bleating fans. And that's exactly what got them gubbed 4-1 against DU in the SC quarters.

They don't have the quality to play that kind of football which McInnes was perfectly aware of. Keep that up and they will be looking at a lot more gubbings. 

Tasavallan
13 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

Piss about passing along the back then launch it to the baldy combover wankpiece on the wing who will then fall over if you fart in his direction. 

Then let the big carthorse Dredge or whatever his feckin name is run offside and hopefully sclaff it in while the shortarsed pot bellied turd with the world war two haircut deflects one in.

Way to go.

Whatever gets you through the night...

Edited by Tasavallan

Forever Hearts
14 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

It seems to work. 

Guest ToqueJambo
15 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

And that's just the first 10 minutes!

Guest ToqueJambo
1 hour ago, Forever Hearts said:

It seems to work. 

In what way? 7th last season. Stumbling over the line to 3rd (maybe) this season (contrast with our two more convincing Premiership campaigns - until Neilson left at least - last time). Scored only 46 goals (we got 59 in 15/16). Beaten by a championship Hearts in last season's SC this season, missed a golden chance to get to the LC final, then probably the easiest route to a cup final in their history. I would rather we had had their season this season (and last season) but that's different from thinking they're any good.

Forever Hearts
Just now, ToqueJambo said:

In what way? 7th last season. Stumbling over the line to 3rd (maybe) this season (contrast with our two more convincing Premiership campaigns - until Neilson left at least - last time). Scored only 46 goals (we got 59 in 15/16). Beaten by a championship Hearts in last season's SC this season, missed a golden chance to get to the LC final, then probably the easiest route to a cup final in their history. I would rather we had had their season this season (and last season) but that's different from thinking they're any good.

In the way that they are 3rd in the league, reached the semi final of the League Cup and are in the final of the Scottish Cup. 

Guest ToqueJambo
6 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

In the way that they are 3rd in the league, reached the semi final of the League Cup and are in the final of the Scottish Cup. 

Yeah, and we reached the LC semi and the final of the SC in 18/19, and without the injuries (of which Hibs have had virtually none this season or that season, certainly nowhere the extent of ours that season), we very probably would have finished 3rd thanks to our epic start that season - a start I don't remember Hibs making, ever. As it was we finished just 3pts behind Hibs 🤷‍♂️

Edited by ToqueJambo

Forever Hearts

Yeah, and we reached the LC semi and the final of the SC in 18/19, and without the injuries (of which Hibs have had virtually none, certainly nowhere the extent of ours that season), we very probably would have finished 3rd. As it was we finished just 3pts behind Hibs 🤷‍♂️

I'm not disputing that. Well, apart from the injuries bit, every club gets them. My point is that it's churlish and wrong to say that Hibs haven't improved since Budge arrived, they quite clearly have, and they've had a good season. 

Guest ToqueJambo
2 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

I'm not disputing that. Well, apart from the injuries bit, every club gets them. My point is that it's churlish and wrong to say that Hibs haven't improved since Budge arrived, they quite clearly have, and they've had a good season. 

Not to the extent of that season, as every Hearts fan knows even if they won't admit it as it might seem like they're supporting Levein (or something). Hibs spent 3 years in the championship after Budge arrived!

Hibs are (or might be) getting their occasional 3rd. They might even win their occassional cup (although do any of us really believe they will?). Let's not get carried away praising them though, eh?

Edited by ToqueJambo

Byyy The Light

Yeah, and we reached the LC semi and the final of the SC in 18/19, and without the injuries (of which Hibs have had virtually none, certainly nowhere the extent of ours that season), we very probably would have finished 3rd. As it was we finished just 3pts behind Hibs 🤷‍♂️

The Hibs love in on here is getting worse by the day. Holding them up as some sort of benchmark. They’ve rode their luck big time this season.

Folk need to realise that outwith the OF, every team in this league can beat the other. A bit of confidence, a few breaks and  if a team can string 5 or 6 wins together they’ll do well. Livingston, Motherwell, Killie all had purple patches that has seen them up the top half of the table.

Hibs are no different and anyway going by people’s logic. It’s not an achievement to finish 3rd if we’re not in the league. 

Guest ToqueJambo
5 minutes ago, Byyy The Light said:

The Hibs love in on here is getting worse by the day. Holding them up as some sort of benchmark. They’ve rode their luck big time this season.

Folk need to realise that outwith the OF, every team in this league can beat the other. A bit of confidence, a few breaks and  if a team can string 5 or 6 wins together they’ll do well. Livingston, Motherwell, Killie all had purple patches that has seen them up the top half of the table.

Hibs are no different and anyway going by people’s logic. It’s not an achievement to finish 3rd if we’re not in the league. 

This. Surely Hibs are just where they "should" be this season. That's the argument given when anyone points to Neilson finishing third. Aberdeen have been in some disarray after all with a change of manager. Hibs have been stable and have invested a lot of money in players while ohter teams cut back (their strikers cost 500k combined). And surely Hibs "should" be in the cup final. They've had a pretty easy run to it all things considered. Again, that was used to talk down Neilson and Levein getting to cup finals.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Forever Hearts
6 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Not to the extent of that season, as every Hearts fan knows even if they won't admit it as it might seem like they're supporting Levein (or something). Hibs spent 3 years in the championship after Budge arrived!

Hibs are (or might be) getting their occasional 3rd. They might even win their occassional cup (although do any of us really believe they will?). Let's not get carried away praising them though, eh?

I'm not praising them, I'm laying down some facts that some don't seem to want to accept. Who cares where they were five years ago or how long they spent in the Championship? It's the here and now that matters, and right now they are 3rd in the league and 90 minutes away from another Scottish Cup win in five years. I'd bite your hand off for that every season. 

Edited by Forever Hearts

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, Forever Hearts said:

I'm not praising them, I'm laying down some facts that some don't seem to want to accept. Who cares where they were five years or how long they spent in the Championship? It's the here and now that matters, and right now they are 3rd and 90 minutes away from another Scottish Cup win in five years. I'd bite your hand off for that every season. 

That's different from saying "the Hibs Way" works or is in any way behind that.

August Landmesser
1 minute ago, Forever Hearts said:

I'm not praising them, I'm laying down some facts that some don't seem to want to accept. Who cares where they were five years or how long they spent in the Championship? It's the here and now that matters, and right now they are 3rd and 90 minutes away from another Scottish Cup win in five years. I'd bite your hand off for that every season. 

Hibs don't get that every season though. No club outside the OF (usually!) gets that every season. 

Guest ToqueJambo
2 minutes ago, August Landmesser said:

Hibs don't get that every season though. No club outside the OF (usually!) gets that every season. 

And this season we were one penalty away from a third SC win in 15 years. Unheard of for any non OF club, at least in decades. Hibs though....

Forever Hearts
20 minutes ago, August Landmesser said:

I never said they did. 

Forever Hearts
22 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

That's different from saying "the Hibs Way" works or is in any way behind that.

It's working this year. 

August Landmesser
17 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

I never said they did. 

You said 'I'd bite your hand off for that every season', implying that Hibs regularly achieve such dizzy heights.

Every fan of every club outside the OF would bite your hand off for that. I'm not sure what point you're trying to make here, other than blowing smoke up Hibs' arse.

17 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

All good points, well presented.  👍

Forever Hearts
1 hour ago, August Landmesser said:

You said 'I'd bite your hand off for that every season', implying that Hibs regularly achieve such dizzy heights.

Every fan of every club outside the OF would bite your hand off for that. I'm not sure what point you're trying to make here, other than blowing smoke up Hibs' arse.

My point is we are shite and Hibs aren't. That's not blowing smoke up their arse, it's a fact. 

Byyy The Light
2 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

My point is we are shite and Hibs aren't. That's not blowing smoke up their arse, it's a fact. 

It’s your opinion. It’s not a fact. 

Forever Hearts
40 minutes ago, Byyy The Light said:

It’s your opinion. It’s not a fact. 

Of course it's a fact. We've just spent a season getting beat by plumbers and posties and putting in absolutely shocking performances in a league below Hibs. They've reached a League Cup semi, they're on course to finish 3rd and they're in with a great chance of winning the Scottish Cup. 

In what planet of yours are we better than them right now? 

Byyy The Light
7 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Of course it's a fact. We've just spent a season getting beat by plumbers and posties and putting in absolutely shocking performances in a league below Hibs. They've reached a League Cup semi, they're on course to finish 3rd and they're in with a great chance of winning the Scottish Cup. 

You said we are shite and they are good, which is your opinion.

We beat them this season.  I'd say they are ahead of us at the moment but if we were playing them tomorrow I wouldn't be shiting it from them.  I certainly won't be worried about them being miles ahead of us next season either.  They're really not that good.  You carry on though.

Aberdeen dropping their kegs and offering to host the cup final 🤣🤣 that clubs a joke so it is. Cormack would take it dry for any £

No wonder the game is in such a state up here with weasels like Daryl Broadfoot involved. What an absolute wank of a man. Talks in cliches. 

Angel eyes
23 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

Aberdeen dropping their kegs and offering to host the cup final 🤣🤣 that clubs a joke so it is. Cormack would take it dry for any £

On the news tonight 

Gordon Ramsay
28 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

Strange club. 

Forever Hearts
41 minutes ago, Byyy The Light said:

You said we are shite and they are good, which is your opinion.

We beat them this season.  I'd say they are ahead of us at the moment but if we were playing them tomorrow I wouldn't be shiting it from them.  I certainly won't be worried about them being miles ahead of us next season either.  They're really not that good.  You carry on though.

I'll carry on living in the real world. Getting beat by Brora and Alloa and putting umpteen shite performances against utter dross makes us shite. But you carry on thinking otherwise.  

manaliveits105

To be fair when the hobo fans riot again they can’t cause that much damage in shitoddrie 

Fozzyonthefence
40 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

I’m confused by all this - how is it that Hampden can’t host the Scottish Cup final with fans but Wembley can host the FA Cup final with 21,000 fans and they’re also talking about trying to take the Champions League final at the end of May to Wembley, despite being even closer to the Euros than the Scottish Cup final?

Edit:  just saw something on the news that UEFA suggesting it’s up to the SFA if they want to hold the final at Hampden so sounds like it could be another SFA shambles.  Some work getting done at Hampden apparently but surely they could let a few thousand fans in. 

Byyy The Light
8 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

I'll carry on living in the real world. Getting beat by Brora and Alloa and putting umpteen shite performances against utter dross makes us shite. But you carry on thinking otherwise.  

Hibernian Globetrotters got horsed 3-0 in a semi by St Johnstone btw. Needed penalties to get past Motherwell in the other cup.  I’ve actually got a video on my phone of Sportscene highlights of Hibs at Ross County. 

At no point have I said I’m happy with Hearts, I want Budge away and Robbie out. You need to have some balance though. It’s not nearly as bad as people are making out. 

Anyway I’m done 👍🏼

4 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Merci mon ami. 

I can provide Bob with a PowerPoint presentation should he so desire.

Rob needs all the help he can get.

45 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

They both should be able to get 250 fans in, subject to Fife and Angus both getting L2 tomorrow.

May be just a bit soon for Kelty to organise if the full guidelines or any revisions only come out tomorrow.

Ray McKinnon sacked for Queen’s Park despite winning The league. Heard rumours about mcinnes to queens weeks ago which thought no chance but never know. Dumpster there now so maybe Stubbs has a chance 

Maroon Sailor
2 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

Rab certainly does. 

Some know him as Roberto

Roberto Neilsoni

jamboinglasgow
23 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Ray McKinnon sacked for Queen’s Park despite winning The league. Heard rumours about mcinnes to queens weeks ago which thought no chance but never know. Dumpster there now so maybe Stubbs has a chance 

Sounds like Queens are revamping their set up, probably have a director of football. 

2 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Sounds like Queens are revamping their set up, probably have a director of football. 

1 minute ago, Newton51 said:

The ‘hero’ having a wee glass with Paul McCartney.

:rofl: 

4 hours ago, Forever Hearts said:

Hibs are still shite. They’re 3rd because literally EVERY other team that could realistically finish 3rd has imploded at some point in time this season. Aberdeen, Killie, Motherwell, St Johnstone. Have all went through self inflicted turmoil and changed managers this season. Hibs have had a bit of stability and luck with injuries and that’s all they’ve needed. But they are not a good team. If they were they would’ve split the old firm this year and they are miles away. 

3 hours ago, manaliveits105 said:

To be fair when the hobo fans riot again they can’t cause that much damage in shitoddrie 

They'd be doing the locals a favour.

30 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

The statement hints at something pretty radical for Scottish football coming in. No idea what it could be though.

8 minutes ago, DS98 said:

Hibs are still shite. They’re 3rd because literally EVERY other team that could realistically finish 3rd has imploded at some point in time this season. Aberdeen, Killie, Motherwell, St Johnstone. Have all went through self inflicted turmoil and changed managers this season. Hibs have had a bit of stability and luck with injuries and that’s all they’ve needed. But they are not a good team. If they were they would’ve split the old firm this year and they are miles away. 

They've also had a fair amount of luck as a result of guff refereeing. 

Feck them. Forever in our shadow. 

Arthur Morgan
38 minutes ago, Mister T said:

I think this is only the 4th time they have finished 3rd in 30 years, if they even finish 3rd now.

Forever Hearts
6 hours ago, DS98 said:

Aye, because only good teams split the Old Firm🙄. And if Hibs are shite, what does that make us? 

52 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Aye, because only good teams split the Old Firm🙄. And if Hibs are shite, what does that make us? 

A wee bit shittier, shiter, whiffy, ponging?

Ach; we'll stuff Hibs at the next Derby. They are more in the shitty dumpster than are we. We could field a team of academy prospects and STILL give them a doing.

'Natural Order', an aw that. 😎

12 hours ago, Forever Hearts said:

The only facts we can use is the fact that the only time we have played them lately we beat them. Now that is a FACT

8 hours ago, Mister T said:

Also not forgetting their Oscar winning cheat ‘Martin Boyle’ who has single handed managed to con every referee going into awarding penalties, free kicks etc.    His swan song performance in the cup final is still to come of course when I fully expect him to put in a worldly cheating performance