*** Other Scottish football match thread, for anyone who gives a ****

tartofmidlothian

I see rangers won yet another match after a play should have been sent off. How many games have they won this year when the other team should’ve got a penalty or rangers should’ve been down to ten men?

• Replies 63k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• neilnunb

• Mikey1874

• Bazzas right boot

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

stranraer-jambo
8 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

we are 1/25 to win the league at the bookies for a reason. 

Yip. They are very rarely wrong.

Selkirkhmfc1874
39 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

If ICT make the playoff. It's a tough one if Raith, Dundee or Dunfermline are involved, as all major players in last year's stitch up

Yeah there's few we want to take some of there medicine but unfortunately it won't be all at same time ! Be good for a start if Hamilton and Ross County go down and anybody but Dundee coming up with us 

Just now, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Yeah there's few we want to take some of there medicine but unfortunately it won't be all at same time ! Be good for a start if Hamilton and Ross County go down and anybody but Dundee coming up with us 

If reply hard pushed, put of likely candidates, if not ICT, I'd plump for Dunfermline over Hamilton, Ross Co, Raith and Dundee.

I actually think out of the lot, Raith or Dundee making it up to Prem this season would be disgusting. Imagine that on Falkirk if Raith made the Prem.

Fingers crossed for a good run from ICT and Robbo.

Selkirkhmfc1874
5 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

If reply hard pushed, put of likely candidates, if not ICT, I'd plump for Dunfermline over Hamilton, Ross Co, Raith and Dundee.

I actually think out of the lot, Raith or Dundee making it up to Prem this season would be disgusting. Imagine that on Falkirk if Raith made the Prem.

Fingers crossed for a good run from ICT and Robbo.

Absolutely agree with you 100%

3 minutes ago, Rave MacPherson said:

From the Scotsman:

Hamilton Academical released a statement on social media confirming that a commentator contracted for the Hamilton v Ross County match would not be used again after describing going for a “jobby”, leaving some viewers bemused and irate. It read: “A contractor used by the club on summarising / co-commentary duties overstepped the mark this evening with a very poor attempt at humour. The club didn’t find this funny, and the person will not be used again. Our apologies for this.” (Various)

Should have said going for a Shite. Would have been ok then😉

3 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Quite right too. Roofe should also be cited after last night.

I know the answer to that.

"He went for the ball". 

It's all abit tit for tat with the OF.  Not about charging players for diving.   Didn't some hibs player dive recently.    Iam going by afew posts on here.    I didn't see it. 

Malinga the Swinga
12 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Quite right too. Roofe should also be cited after last night.

He can't as received a booking. Was a red though, no doubt on that. 

9 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

I know the answer to that.

"He went for the ball". 

It's all abit tit for tat with the OF.  Not about charging players for diving.   Didn't some hibs player dive recently.    Iam going by afew posts on here.    I didn't see it. 

Yes, when Morelos got done it will have been the 3 ex supporting Celtic referees.

Now Ajeti has been done it will be the 3 ex supporting Rangers referees.

Malinga the Swinga
8 hours ago, jamboy1982 said:

I see rangers won yet another match after a play should have been sent off. How many games have they won this year when the other team should’ve got a penalty or rangers should’ve been down to ten men?

Don't really care. 

If it stops Celtic and their fast fading dream of 10 in a row, then fair enough. 

Besides, I have never seen a tackle on a Hibs player that was red card worthy. Don't think that level of tackle even exists. 

Clubs had chance to vote for investigation into Scottish football and chose not to, so they can suck it up and take their medicine. 

Good to hear re. the Celtic cheat. Just shows how much the tide is turning. No danger would that have happened even a year ago. Suppose there’s still time for the outcome to be ‘not proven’. like the Guidetti swan dive at Tynie or when Scott Brown about broke Boyce’s leg at Ross County. 

Incidentally, where was the ban for the Hibs player in the semi final? That was the worst I’ve seen in a long time. 

2 hours ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Didn't Alf get a card v United but was still given a ban?

On 03/02/2021 at 06:52, Deevers said:

The anti Hun backlash is in full flow up there.  McInnes has never been accepted by a large swathe of their support. Tolerated while they were doing reasonably well.  There certainly seems to be something wrong there given the players and the squad they have. Saturday is going to be pivotal for McInnes.  If he goes and they don’t get their next appointment spot on the decline will continue. Wonder if Jack Ross might be a target. 

They're not having a bad season. They're still looking good for their typical 3rd or 4th spot and have lost 6 league games all season which is the best stat in the league outside the OF.

I suspect 4 of those 6 losses were OF inflicted. That's not a bad season. I see no way the sheep board would fire him. They know as I do that no one could take them any higher than 3rd or 4th. If McInnes leaves I expect it will be his own decision.

4 hours ago, Cruyff said:

Just seen Roofes tackle, how the **** is that a yellow? :lol:  unbelievable. 

It was a yellow because Roofe was wearing a royal blue jersey. That is the short and only answer.

14 hours ago, TheBigO said:

If ICT make the playoff. It's a tough one if Raith, Dundee or Dunfermline are involved, as all major players in last year's stitch up

Unfortunately ICT don’t have the form or the consistency or the time really to push into the play offs, albeit they have 2 games in hand they’ve taken just 4 points from their last 5 games.

From the 3 in the current play off places Dunfermline are the best team IMO and also the least of 3 evils.

My preference would be RC and Hamilton down and Dunfermline up, although I don’t mind Hamilton as much as I mind RC so if they stay up and Dunfermline stay down it’s cool by me

7 hours ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Not the case anymore if the beaks think the referee should have red carded him.

22 minutes ago, graygo said:

Not the case anymore if the beaks think the referee should have red carded him.

Just to clarify, it's straightforward if the compliance officer decides that the referee "missed it" but they can still cite the player even if it was seen.

13.3.3 Notwithstanding 13.3.1 a Fast Track Notice of Complaint may be raised by the Compliance Officer in respect of serious foul play and violent conduct where somepart of the act alleged to constitute the sending off offence was seen by one or more of the match officials, provided that the serious foul play and/or violent conduct was exceptional in nature.

Edited by graygo

9 hours ago, No Idle Talk said:

It was a yellow because Roofe was wearing a royal blue jersey. That is the short and only answer.

Yep. Pretty much. 

manaliveits105
19 hours ago, DS98 said:

Good to hear re. the Celtic cheat. Just shows how much the tide is turning. No danger would that have happened even a year ago. Suppose there’s still time for the outcome to be ‘not proven’. like the Guidetti swan dive at Tynie or when Scott Brown about broke Boyce’s leg at Ross County. 

Incidentally, where was the ban for the Hibs player in the semi final? That was the worst I’ve seen in a long time. 

Hopefully there will be a clamp down on diving now which would rule out most of hibs penalties and free kicks 

22 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

Retrospective 2 match ban for Roofe...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55948694

...disciplinary panels clamping down on the uglies... whooda thunk it!

Fair play to them on this occasion. Clearly they couldn't sweep that one under the carpet. I don't think there was malice in the tackle, it was just a very poor challenge and the ref should have his knuckles wrapped for not giving a red. 

Just now, Cruyff said:

Fair play to them on this occasion. Clearly they couldn't sweep that one under the carpet. I don't think there was malice in the tackle, it was just a very poor challenge and the ref should have his knuckles wrapped for not giving a red. 

Absolutely... going back to Ajeti and 'simulation'... I don't get it, especially these days with cameras everywhere. Divers deserve everything they get (as do defenders that pull shirts! That really get's on my pip - instant booking, so why do it?!) Rant over. FTH.

jamboinglasgow
18 minutes ago, ToadKiller Dog said:

Dundee v ict game in doubt ,pitch inspection due soon.

To be fair this time heavy constant sleet rain for days. 

now called off. So more fixture congestion for both teams. Dundee will have 2 games still to play to catch up, Inverness will have 4. Both teams have re-arranged fixtures for this midweek.

No wonder Ian Blair called it a day. People may begin to wonder when he said last summer that there was no room in the fixture calander to rearrange games.

1 hour ago, ToadKiller Dog said:

Dundee v ict game in doubt ,pitch inspection due soon.

To be fair this time heavy constant sleet rain for days. 

Wonder why they never think of using covers when bad weather is expected. Would get plenty of use.

6 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Wonder why they never think of using covers when bad weather is expected. Would get plenty of use.

No one to.put the covers on as not seen as essential work.

57 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

now called off. So more fixture congestion for both teams. Dundee will have 2 games still to play to catch up, Inverness will have 4. Both teams have re-arranged fixtures for this midweek.

Going by the weather forecast the chances of next midweeks games going ahead must be virtually zero

36 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

No wonder Ian Blair called it a day. People may begin to wonder when he said last summer that there was no room in the fixture calander to rearrange games.

The Championship will be fine. There's loads of free midweeks in March and April and looking no Scottish Cup games to fit in either.

League One and Two will be tight. Would have to extend the season well into May I'd imagine or shorten the season to 18 games.

Blair sat on his arse doing f all anyway. Just got the SPFL to pay this Jarrod guy from Florida thousands to do the fixtures for him.

Malinga the Swinga
1 hour ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Tough shit. They can play 4 games a week and make it up. 

No sympathy for any of them

**** Ian Blair and **** every club bar Hearts. 

On 03/02/2021 at 17:27, 1971fozzy said:

we are 1/25 to win the league at the bookies for a reason. 

John McGlynn's post match interviews are all on Raith's YouTube page.  While he was understandably delighted at his team's Tynecastle win, not once does he mention that they'd win the Kirkcaldy game or their games against Dundee and Dunfemline while we would lose against Dunfermline at Tynecastle.  I fact, he mentioned that when playing Hearts, they were really up against a Premier League team.  

22 hours ago, DS98 said:

Lennon confirming, as if it were any surprise, that sellik will “defend robustly” Ajeti’s citing for diving. No doubt he’ll get away with it now. Pisses me off that that club never accept anything, never accept any responsibility for their players actions and the SFA/SPFL indulge them every time

alwaysthereinspirit
On 04/02/2021 at 04:47, Rave MacPherson said:

From the Scotsman:

Hamilton Academical released a statement on social media confirming that a commentator contracted for the Hamilton v Ross County match would not be used again after describing going for a “jobby”, leaving some viewers bemused and irate. It read: “A contractor used by the club on summarising / co-commentary duties overstepped the mark this evening with a very poor attempt at humour. The club didn’t find this funny, and the person will not be used again. Our apologies for this.” (Various)

I wonder how many of the 3 listeners called in to complain?