*** Other Scottish football match thread, for anyone who gives a ****

tartofmidlothian

2 minutes ago, Hairdryer said:

Have you seen all the semi finals Derek Mcinnes has 

had Aberdeen at surely we are in no position to turn 

that down in the event he ever come available 

I'm sure Hibs supporters will want him at Easter Road then.

We have been in a few semi finals ourselves, and the last two Scottish Cup finals. Where were McInnes and Aberdeen then?

You're talking Tom Kite, what's more you know it.

• Replies 62.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• neilnunb

• Mikey1874

• Bazzas right boot

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Bazzas right boot
3 hours ago, HMFC01 said:

Celtics suffering getting closer to an end.   Pity.   I prefer it to hang out more.  ☺ 

Tbf, I think every celtic fan thinks the league is gone. 

There was a time when we were desperate that I'd have taken McInnes here but his sides have no style and no bottle. He's staler than one of Gandhis flip flops. 

5 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

There was a time when we were desperate that I'd have taken McInnes here but his sides have no style and no bottle. He's staler than one of Gandhis flip flops. 

He's aged like one as well :laugh:

29 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

You been on the Joe Loss, John ? 

Wors, goalies ?

:wtfvlad:

Ffs, predictive text should read the word toalies.

1 hour ago, Tatlock said:

I hate both arse cheeks but admit to cheering on newco to stuff celtics 10 IAR up their hoops. I just wish they’d get the job quickly done so I can get back to hoping they both lose. 

As posted elsewhere, already there and can now wash myself to get rid of the stink of supporting newco to stop the 10 in a row.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Rumour mill rife up here tonight Mcinnes got his jotters. 

Surprised if true,  be a settlement there that won't be cheap 

16 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Be On page 5 of the Aberdeen Citizen

Edited by Riccarton3

Lord Beni of Gorgie
3 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

Be On page 5 of the Aberdeen Citizen

My word, the Citizen! Can't remember if that was a predecessor to the Advertiser or the successor. 

Counter rumours now its shite  :lol:

4 hours ago, Tatlock said:

I hate both arse cheeks but admit to cheering on newco to stuff celtics 10 IAR up their hoops. I just wish they’d get the job quickly done so I can get back to hoping they both lose. 

I'm the opposite. I don't really care but rangers fans are insufferable the now. Thinking they are back to their best and lordind it up creaming over Stevie G

I hate Celtic but it was better when it was just quiet and accepted and I could ignore the pair of the arse cheeks 

29 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Think mcinnes will go in the summer. 

7 minutes ago, Alan_R said:

I'm the opposite. I don't really care but rangers fans are insufferable the now. Thinking they are back to their best and lordind it up creaming over Stevie G

I hate Celtic but it was better when it was just quiet and accepted and I could ignore the pair of the arse cheeks 

I can't take Rangers seriously. They can win whatever they want (in Scotland). We all know about them.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
14 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Think mcinnes will go in the summer. 

I would have thought that would have been sensible for both parties. 

On a bad run, I don't like him personally, but I think with his service and a respectable league position, sacking him now is a bit of a sledgehammer 

5 hours ago, Hairdryer said:

Derek mcinnes is definitely one to consider if he was released 

from Aberdeen the only stumbling block is the wages.

Tommy Wright is another but it looks as if we have missed out

as Kilmarnock look set to recruit him

Jesus **** , no and no

56 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Naaaa , imagine begging for money then sacking him and having to pay him off. If he leaves it’ll be summer.

5 hours ago, Cruyff said:

Thats because you are a lunatic mate 😝 Its ok some on this thread by that read Hairdryer still thinks hes worth taking. 

I would only hire Tommy Wright so I could sing Celtic's Craigie Whyte song with his name instead of Craigie's. Nah nah... nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nahhh.. Tommy Wright Tommy Wright... Tommy Tommy Wright... 🎶🎵🎶

I don't think the bottom 3 or top 3 Rangers aside will fully shake out till post split. Will Accies pull off their now traditional Houdini act? Who knows but I wouldn't say their point against Rangers is any gauge. Comments from Allan McGregor post match when asked for his thoughts on the game.

“Rubbish. I thought for most of the game we were very, very poor. The worst I have seen us. "It was a good bit of play for our goal but apart from that there’s not much you can take from that. “We didn’t look like we wanted to win the game. Hamilton looked more of a threat than us which is really disappointing. All credit to them, but we were just so poor today."

Now he's a fiery character who hates losing and pulls no punches but that's probably a fair assessment. I think Gerrard took a bit of a gamble with his line up. Resting some key players against the bottom club with one eye on the final 10 fixtures.

It didn't pay off though they did maintain their unbeaten league record. And at this stage he can afford to gamble with such a huge lead and so relatively few games to go. Six out of that final 10 are at home where they have a 100% record.

He has captured the league title no doubt of that. With the most interesting shake out still to come among the 3 below them and the 3 at the bottom.

I'm dreading either sheep or hubz taking 3rd spot and a potential £4 million Euro windfall. That could make it harder for Hearts to compete with them next season.

Hoping for Livi to still pull of a surprise though I deem that unlikely.

9 hours ago, Newton51 said:

That’s a very strange appointment as Killie have had a bit of success by appointing younger coaches recently and avoiding the usual names. 

14 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

Tommy Wright being confirmed as Kilmarnock boss tmw. 

mediocrity ensues for them.

It's as bad as England, same faces circulating round the same clubs. 

Hopefully he'll be losing Findlay soon. It's a bit of a rebuild job on a budget pretty near St Johnstone's...something to be said for leaving when your stock is high.

SectionDJambo
12 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

I'm dreading either sheep or hubz taking 3rd spot and a potential £4 million Euro windfall. That could make it harder for Hearts to compete with them next season.

I’ve seen this £4 million figure mentioned a few times over the weekend. Is this a factual financial payment for teams who get into the Europa League qualifying rounds, who then drop into EUFA’s latest Consolation Cup, The Conference, or just a figure plucked out of the air by some journalist? 
Does it assume spectators being back into stadia or take into account travelling and accommodation expenses half way around the world, which is where some of the other clubs in the new competition will be based?

It just seems, to me, to be an overly optimistic figure for playing in a third rate tournament against teams some fans will have never heard of.

If true, it might explain why Hibs turned down big money for Nisbet and Porteous, other than those offers not being as beneficial, up front, but rather with potential add ons. 

5 hours ago, SectionDJambo said:

I’ve seen this £4 million figure mentioned a few times over the weekend. Is this a factual financial payment for teams who get into the Europa League qualifying rounds, who then drop into EUFA’s latest Consolation Cup, The Conference, or just a figure plucked out of the air by some journalist? 
Does it assume spectators being back into stadia or take into account travelling and accommodation expenses half way around the world, which is where some of the other clubs in the new competition will be based?

It just seems, to me, to be an overly optimistic figure for playing in a third rate tournament against teams some fans will have never heard of.

If true, it might explain why Hibs turned down big money for Nisbet and Porteous, other than those offers not being as beneficial, up front, but rather with potential add ons. 

The figure comes from an Aberdeen assessment of what it would earn them. I expect they're also presuming the return of crowds. 

Maroon Sailor
1 hour ago, neilnunb said:

I see Dundee v Ayr is off.

Good chance to widen the gap on Friday night 🙂

Says it was off due to a frozen pitch - thought that shitheap had undersoil heating

4 hours ago, neilnunb said:

I see Dundee v Ayr is off.

Good chance to widen the gap on Friday night 🙂

Must be taken. They’ll have a stack of games twice a week at this rate.

11 minutes ago, Hearts007 said:

Killies woes continue

Doyle and dikamona in defence I tend to agree.    It won't get better.   

AC scores for Motherwell again. 

Dikamona now playing center forward, for long ball purposes.   ☺.    

Edited by HMFC01

5 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Incredibly heading for their 6th defeat in a row. 

3 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

Doyle and dikamona in defence I tend to agree.    It won't get better. 

AC scores for Motherwell again. 

watched this it has been virtually all Kilmarnock but toothless up front

3 minutes ago, Hearts007 said:

St liedoon and Mhanks on now

I noticed lenon walked out the tunnel with St mirren players, nonchalant.    Its OK though, he had a scarf round his face.   

That was a dig at him complaining about lack of space in changing rooms. ☺ 

Just now, HMFC01 said:

I noticed lenon walked out the tunnel with St mirren players, nonchalant.    Its OK though, he had a scarf round his face.   

That was a dig at him complaining about lack of space in changing rooms. ☺ 

😃

I missed the injury to the mirren player.   Not sure if it was self inflicted or from a challenge.   Whether he is a key player.    Not long after the sub celtic score, :doh:

That McGregor tackle there was worth a red.   Not even booked for it. 

Edited by HMFC01

1 minute ago, HMFC01 said:

I missed the injury to the mirren player.   Not sure if it was self inflicted or from a challenge.   Whether he is a key player.    Not long after the sub celtic score, :doh:

That McGregor tackle there was worth a red.   Not even booked for it. 

He was