Hearts transfers (Cochrane goes on loan to Montrose)

dazajmbo

6 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

As expensive as signing Niemi at the same time then selling him on for £2m? 

Only one expensive failure was Petric. 

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff

• Bazzas right boot

kingantti1874

All clubs at our level will be hit and miss with transfers. Comes with the territory.

Overall JJ has a good record however there is one massive blot on the copybook (no it’s not Gordan Petric)  .. his nose was massively  out of joint when we resigned Rudi Skacel.. he wanted to sign Toni Capaldi Instead If I remember 😂😂😂

Insanity Jim ! complete total and utter lunacy.. 

whisper it but a few on here agreed with JJ as well 😂😂😂 the “you should never go back” brigade 

Edited by kingantti1874

Just now, jr ewing said:

I didn’t even think he was that bad.  That miss against Stuttgart though :( 

Nookie Bear
1 minute ago, kingantti1874 said:

All clubs at our level will be hit and miss with transfers. Comes with the territory.

Overall JJ has a good record however there is one massive blot on the copybook (no it’s not Gordan Petric)  .. his nose was massively  out of joint when we resigned Rudi Skacel.. he wanted to sign Toni Capaldi Instead If I remember 😂😂😂

Insanity Jim ! complete total and utter lunacy.. 

whisper it but a few on here agreed with JJ as well 😂😂😂 the “you should never go back” brigade 

I agreed with him at the time 🤣🤣

Ban me plz, Mods. 

1 minute ago, Last Laff said:

Strolled it for Dundee United. Just didn't work for us.

Салатные палочки

BTW I had a wee peak on the OUFC forum out of boredom and saw this....

"My son who lives in Glasgow and is a close follower of Scottish football has this to say about Sean Clare: 'I have to say, I think it’s a fantastic signing. Showed real potential in the SPL last year and whilst he’s clearly raw I think some of the ambiguity from the Hearts' fans towards him can be put down to the fact he’s quite an outspoken young black man who is not afraid to raise his voice against social injustice. Very excited to see what he can do. Could prove to be a real bargain!"

:wow:

Gordon Ramsay
Just now, Salad Fingers said:

BTW I had a wee peak on the OUFC forum out of boredom and saw this....

"My son who lives in Glasgow and is a close follower of Scottish football has this to say about Sean Clare: 'I have to say, I think it’s a fantastic signing. Showed real potential in the SPL last year and whilst he’s clearly raw I think some of the ambiguity from the Hearts' fans towards him can be put down to the fact he’s quite an outspoken young black man who is not afraid to raise his voice against social injustice. Very excited to see what he can do. Could prove to be a real bargain!"

:wow:

What an absolute balloon. 

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Tomaschek? £450k. Simpson on £365k a year. Goss? He wasted a lot of the SMG money. 

Just now, Pasquale for King said:

Tomaschek? £450k. Simpson on £365k a year. Goss? He wasted a lot of the SMG money. 

All of that was got back selling Niemi for a £1.5m profit and three amazing years in goal too. 

Clare had some really good moments and could take a penalty. However moments were never enough last year. 

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

Tomachek was a very good player, he was just ****ed with injury.

2 hours ago, qferryjam said:

All Hearts players had relegation clauses in their contracts , confirmed by AB around the same time she said she wasn’t worried about it (turn of the year), those could include escape clauses and I would imagine reduced wages for the championship, like others have said I’m not overly worried about who leaves , Robbie has a while to find replacements and get the team gelling , even Damour should be able to shine in the Championship ,surely 😀😀?????

Like yourself, I’m not overly worried who leaves. I’d imagine 3 years from now,  we won’t even have one player from this lot in our team. We can blame Levein as much as we like but the players have massively let us and the club down. They’re  probably more culpable than the former manager and I don’t feel any affection for any of them. 

Damour couldn’t shine if you rubbed his neck with Brasso. The sight of him during the Paisley capitulation said it all for me. A player going through the motions. When we need players to roll their sleeves up and dig in, he was posted missing along with countless others. Should never wear the maroon herself again imo. The silver lining to this is, we can now have a mass clear out with Robbie back in the job. 

Remains to be seen if JJ can weave the magic he did in the transfer market first time around. Worth remembering that most of the good ones were signed in the early days of Bosman, and before agents and TV money had made it impossible for us to attract the likes of Salvatori and Adam.

Edited by Special Officer Doofy

3 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Tomaschek picked up an injury shortly after he joined. Fitzroy, who knows what his salary was. Didn't cost us anything else. Goss tried hard. 

OmiyaHearts

The boy James Scott, who signed for Hull in January, has had to take a 50% drop in wages due to relegation. I'd imagine many of our players will be in the same boat, so I can see a fair amount leaving, as it won't be hard to get a better wage somewhere else.

I hope it results in most of the crap from last season leaving. Would love to see the back of players like Damour, Ikpeazu, White, Doyle & Wighton. The crap names just roll of the tongue, don't even have to think hard about it.

5 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Tomaschek was an unfortunate one, looked decent but got injured, on paper should have been a coup, if I remember rightly he was captain of his national team at the time we got him, a team that included Lubo Moravcic.

goes down as wasted money due to injury rather than being pish.

that CB paring of Petric and Kevin James though! both big guys who shrunk to 5'4" when they jumped

kingantti1874
12 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

I agreed with him at the time 🤣🤣

Ban me plz, Mods. 

lol .. fair play for admitting that 😂

Glamorgan Jambo
53 minutes ago, Mr 3 Putt said:

All the best to Clare, thought he was utter shite but he started to improve under Stendel. Just think it's strange he's ended up at oxford when Premier League teams wanted him before he came to us...

Half the problem Clare had (and Vanecek and a few others) was how ridiculously over hyped he was by Levein. Putting huge pressure on him from the start. If we'd just said we've signed this guy on a free from Shef Wed to add to competition for places in midfield or wherever I'm sure he'd have settled much more quickly. I was shocked on the few occasions I was at Tynie and he was playing at how much vitriol some 'fans' had against him. Probably because they had been promised something incredible by Levein.

5 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Real shame. Quality player. 

1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

It's a shame he got the injury. I fancied him to do well. Didn't really play enough to properly judge him.

For 20 mins at Fir Park Washington and Walker ripped Well apart. Then Walker broke his ankle, tracking back, and a couple of weeks later Washington had major hamstring tear. Neither have been the same since although to be fair they were both really only fit  during Jan and Feb. Washington looked a player at ER. 

Pasquale for King
7 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Levein played him wide left, did we get value for money? No.

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, Gav M said:

Tomaschek was an unfortunate one, looked decent but got injured, on paper should have been a coup, if I remember rightly he was captain of his national team at the time we got him, a team that included Lubo Moravcic.

goes down as wasted money due to injury rather than being pish.

that CB paring of Petric and Kevin James though! both big guys who shrunk to 5'4" when they jumped

That was the point, value for money. Does anyone say our record signing was a quality player or a disaster? 

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, soonbe110 said:

For 20 mins at Fir Park Washington and Walker ripped Well apart. Then Walker broke his ankle, tracking back, and a couple of weeks later Washington had major hamstring tear. Neither have been the same since although to be fair they were both really only fit  during Jan and Feb. Washington looked a player at ER. 

Both will be standouts. Walker started really well in his second spell - looked very hungry. He'll be very important next season. I like Washington and feel we haven't seen the best of him. He may want to leave for his international prospects, or he may see a year in the Championship with us as a chance to get firing again after a bad injury.

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Tomaschek picked up an injury shortly after he joined. Fitzroy, who knows what his salary was. Didn't cost us anything else. Goss tried hard. 

I know what his salary was, Kris O’Neil told me he went about saying “another day another grand’. 

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, Glamorgan Jambo said:

Half the problem Clare had (and Vanecek and a few others) was how ridiculously over hyped he was by Levein. Putting huge pressure on him from the start. If we'd just said we've signed this guy on a free from Shef Wed to add to competition for places in midfield or wherever I'm sure he'd have settled much more quickly. I was shocked on the few occasions I was at Tynie and he was playing at how much vitriol some 'fans' had against him. Probably because they had been promised something incredible by Levein.

He would’ve been lying though, again, because he cost £150k.

22 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

We went over this a while ago and he’s just in credit, you have to factor in signings like Fitzroy Simpson who was on a grand a day. He signed a lot of players, but I’m not allowed to say why or I will get more warnings 🙈.

Go on, be a devil! 

3 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Levein played him wide left, did we get value for money? No.

Knee high jury if I remember right. Not value for money, no. Not down to him being poor though, he was a very good player. Central midfielder, strong in the tackle, good passer and good football brain. Must have blanked him LB performances out of my mind, don’t remember him there. Grönlund at CDM I’m his place? 🤷‍♂️

Pasquale for King
10 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Remains to be seen if JJ can weave the magic he did in the transfer market first time around. Worth remembering that most of the good ones were signed in the early days of Bosman, and before agents and TV money had made it impossible for us to attract the likes of Salvatori and Adam.

It will always remain to be seen because he’s not there to do that, he’s advising Budge and the board and if (big if) Neilson asks for help.

DCFB6AFB-E2E7-4200-A59E-052745592DCB.jpeg

2139EBB8-CBBF-447F-9BB4-F4DF4D556C13.jpeg

12 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Don’t think JJ is picking the players to sign. That’s Robbie’s role. Don’t get carried away. 

31 minutes ago, Heartsofgold said:

I love JJ but let's be honest, Petric was a very expensive flop!

As has been pointed out previously, I would just like to remind you that Sir Alex signed a certain ginger arsehole for Man U who Craig Levein later paid £1 for.

All managers and I mean ALL of them sign dross at some stage in their career. 

CL signed them at every window!

1 minute ago, soonbe110 said:

Don’t think JJ is picking the players to sign. That’s Robbie’s role. Don’t get carried away. 

Not getting carried away, mate. Just going on what I read about him making himself available to help in that regard, if asked. Don’t worry, I’m not bouncing up and down in my seat with clenched fists dreaming of Cameron and Adam type signings. :D 

rudi must stay
1 hour ago, DC_92 said:

Like I say, he did well, but I don't think he has the natural ability to make it as a winger at Hearts. I'd put him in the same category as David Smith.

He's another one that never got a chance. Walker and that got better by playing games, Smith scored a wonder goal v Hibs and he's out the team. I think he's one we have to be patient with, needs an arm around his shoulder, with that he can be a good player next season

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Knee high jury if I remember right. Not value for money, no. Not down to him being poor though, he was a very good player. Central midfielder, strong in the tackle, good passer and good football brain. Must have blanked him LB performances out of my mind, don’t remember him there. Grönlund at CDM I’m his place? 🤷‍♂️

One of many CMs that Levein played wide, Djoum/Stamp/Hartley etc. Good player or not he ended up as a poor signing, like Beslija or Tullberg.

rudi must stay
4 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

As has been pointed out previously, I would just like to remind you that Sir Alex signed a certain ginger arsehole for Man U who Craig Levein later paid £1 for.

Sir Alex signed alot of duds but I don't think he was responsible for the academy 

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

3 donkeys we’ve had off Man U, no more.

2 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Not getting carried away, mate. Just going on what I read about him making himself available to help in that regard, if asked. Don’t worry, I’m not bouncing up and down in my seat with clenched fists dreaming of Cameron and Adam type signings. :D 

Or even David Winnie? 

Austin MacGlee
3 hours ago, JamboAl said:

That's right: they never signed dross when manager.  Oh wait....

Nothing like what we've seen since Cathro though mate!

Can't get every signing right but it's not unreasonable to expect a better success rate than we've currently had. It's been brutal but I'm optimistic we'll be heading in the right direction now that Levein is gone.

3 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Or even David Winnie? 

Yeah, that too. :lol:

Just chinwagging really. 

Pasquale for King

You could buy most of the clubs in Scotland for the money that **** Mourinho and Man U wasted on Alexis Sanchez 😃😆😂

Edited by Pasquale for King

1 hour ago, Mr 3 Putt said:

All the best to Clare, thought he was utter shite but he started to improve under Stendel. Just think it's strange he's ended up at oxford when Premier League teams wanted him before he came to us...

Not that surprising seeing as he was fairly average up here for 2 years

Sad to see Clare go as he was eventually turning into the player we all thought we were getting, Coming to a new club after an injury is never going to be easy and being hyped up by CL didnt help plus some of our fans dont want to give any new player anytime at all to settle.

Being played in almost every position isnt good for any player and right back seemed to suit him but even he said himself he had a lot to learn in the position.

Wish him all the best at his new club.

Stendelnator
9 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

He's another one that never got a chance. Walker and that got better by playing games, Smith scored a wonder goal v Hibs and he's out the team. I think he's one we have to be patient with, needs an arm around his shoulder, with that he can be a good player next season

A wonder goal 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

3 minutes ago, Austin MacGlee said:

Can't get every signing right but it's not unreasonable to expect a better success rate than we've currently had. It's been brutal but I'm optimistic we'll be heading in the right direction now that Levein is gone.

Ironically, some of Cathro’s signings were proven better players than many of the ones we got more of a tune out of with other managers. Nobody will ever persuade me Tsziolis (sp?) is a bad player. Same applies to the Greek defender and Isma.

6 minutes ago, Austin MacGlee said:

We are all optimistic.

Heartsofgold
40 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Petric was honking BUT as you and others have pointed out a lot of the players JJ signed were subsequently sold for very good prices so probably balanced out during his time in charge.  Plus he brought home the cup in 1998, still the best of the 3 in my lifetime!