Hearts transfers (Cochrane goes on loan to Montrose)

dazajmbo

Kenneth Dubeke
1 hour ago, David McCaig said:

A good enough side to win the Championship, but a horrific lack of pace all round.

Yes. Something Neilson identified on day 1. Horrible lack of pace in that squad 

Major changes will be required next summer 

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff

• Bazzas right boot

MarkDevriesScores4

Washington was no doubt a hard worker and was unfortunate with injury but his stats for me are not good enough to be a striker at hearts. Strikers must score goals. He sadly doesn’t. We need better. I wish him all the best.

1 hour ago, Newton51 said:

I remember a Scottish cup tie against livvy where vanacek made his debut and every cross Morrison put in were over hit. 

Always looks threatening on the ball when going forward

I remember a cup game at the start of the season at East end park where he was sent through 1 v 1 on the keeper and shat his pants and turned back.

Fitba' broke my Heart
2 hours ago, jamboj said:

i cant for the life of me work out what he gets from Damour

Perhaps he just asks him to do what he is good at.

Just a bit of man management and creating a consistently effective team.

rudi must stay
21 minutes ago, MarkDevriesScores4 said:

Washington was no doubt a hard worker and was unfortunate with injury but his stats for me are not good enough to be a striker at hearts. Strikers must score goals. He sadly doesn’t. We need better. I wish him all the best.

His not scoring goals brought him here. But he had everything else and was a clever striker, he reminded me of Stephen Elliott in that way. But if we get a fee, after buying him for nothing then that's good business 

5 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

His not scoring goals brought him here. But he had everything else and was a clever striker, he reminded me of Stephen Elliott in that way. But if we get a fee, after buying him for nothing then that's good business 

It's a shame he got the injury. I fancied him to do well. Didn't really play enough to properly judge him.

1 hour ago, JamboAl said:

That's right: they never signed dross when manager.  Oh wait....

and any JJ signed were way out numbered by fabulous signings!

Edited by Thomaso

25 minutes ago, MarkDevriesScores4 said:

That's a bit of an anachronism in the modern game. Liverpool just won the title with their no 9 Firmino scoring 9 goals in 38 games, France won the world cup in 2018 with 0 goals from their centre forward Olivier Giroud.

It depends of course on how teams set themselves up and there are of course still many teams who rely heavily on a goalscoring centre foward.

2 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

Set up a goal v Rangers. Wouldn't write him off 

Like I say, he did well, but I don't think he has the natural ability to make it as a winger at Hearts. I'd put him in the same category as David Smith.

37 minutes ago, MarkDevriesScores4 said:

Reminded me of Stephen Elliott 

BackOfTheNet
12 minutes ago, Martin_T said:

That's a bit of an anachronism in the modern game. Liverpool just won the title with their no 9 Firmino scoring 9 goals in 38 games, France won the world cup in 2018 with 0 goals from their centre forward Olivier Giroud.

It depends of course on how teams set themselves up and there are of course still many teams who rely heavily on a goalscoring centre foward.

Point excellently made. Too many can’t realise the modern game and tactics evolve. It’s about what the focal point can bring to the team and how they allow others to play. Tried to explain this many a time when people were scrambling to have Lafferty back when he had zero assists.

KyleLafferty
4 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Point excellently made. Too many can’t realise the modern game and tactics evolve. It’s about what the focal point can bring to the team and how they allow others to play. Tried to explain this many a time when people were scrambling to have Lafferty back when he had zero assists.

Lafferty scored 19 goals. That’s like saying arsenal don’t want to keep Aubameyang cause he made 3 assists this season. To pretty much do anything in football you need a forward who can score goals.

All the best to Clare, thought he was utter shite but he started to improve under Stendel. Just think it's strange he's ended up at oxford when Premier League teams wanted him before he came to us...

2 minutes ago, Mr 3 Putt said:

All the best to Clare, thought he was utter shite but he started to improve under Stendel. Just think it's strange he's ended up at oxford when Premier League teams wanted him before he came to us...

Agent in doing Levein like a kipper shock.

Good luck to Clare, decent penalty taker, to weak minded to make it up here. 

1 hour ago, Goodfella said:

Get rid of those 3 and it's an excellent pre-season too in terms of punting. With the Hickey, Clare and Washington sale we should make just less than 2 mill in sales, along with 2 bigger wages off the books. Great business. 

We don't need these players to win this tinpot league this year, our current lot and a couple of wingers should do it under decent management. 

Totally agree with first sentence. Agree, in theory re the last one as well. What about the SC though?

Rick Sanchez

Quite a few people on Facebook and Twitter gutted that Clare is away. Came onto a game in the end but was part of the reason we are where we are.

Easily replaced, especially in the championship.

3 minutes ago, Barack said:

Nice touch from him.

20200806_131952.jpg

Aw I'm sad to see Sean go. He was rushed in due to injuries, the team was a bombscare and the kid had confidence issues.

Lots of talent and a brilliant attitude. Had he got into the team when it was still flying, we'd have seen a very different player imo.

His form the last few months of season show his character.

Best of luck to him, hope he moves up leagues.

Hopefully a lot of the rest follow him out the door.  Genuinely won’t be sad to see any of them leave, they are a collective group of players that had a club like us bottom of the league.

Players earning a fortune compared to the majority of the league and they serve up that shite all season?  Any of them can go.

44 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

and any JJ signed were way out numbered by fabulous signings!

Bur maybe not in cost.

5 minutes ago, Barack said:

Nice touch from him.

20200806_131952.jpg

Nice touch, indeed.

I’m happy to see him leave, as it will play a big role in getting the wage bill down. I thought he was crap overall during his two years with us. Only a handful of decent performance, in my opinion. Potential to improve for sure, but same goes for all of them. Given we over-stretched our budget to sign him, he was another failed Levein project. 

Some people clearly rated him. Fair play. Each to their own. Can’t say I’m shocked he didn’t achieve the legendary status or bring us the massive transfer fee that some on here so confidently predicted.

All the best, Sean. Anyone who scores in a derby win will always be a good guy. 

Pasquale for King
46 minutes ago, Martin_T said:

Indeed, but those teams had other forwards scoring goals because of the job the CF does, our top goalscorer was a CH.

10 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Aw I'm sad to see Sean go. He was rushed in due to injuries, the team was a bombscare and the kid had confidence issues.

Lots of talent and a brilliant attitude. Had he got into the team when it was still flying, we'd have seen a very different player imo.

His form the last few months of season show his character.

Best of luck to him, hope he moves up leagues.

We were top of the league when he made his debut

Captain Canada
3 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Important enough for us to get to the final ffs!

We had a very easy draw and yes, he scored some goals on the way, but that only papers over his overall record which is poor. 

To be fair the service he got wasn't great, but Lafferty got little service either and scored a lot more. I just don't think his finishing is anywhere near good enough and he seems to look for fouls rather than actually trying to play. 

Leveins Battalion
1 minute ago, Des Lynam said:

Defend Levein to the hilt but have a go at JJ. Nice work Al. 

His and few others behaviour is fecking weird.

Still defending Levein but already questioning Neilson.:jj_facepalm:

Heartsofgold
2 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

I love JJ but let's be honest, Petric was a very expensive flop!

Rick Sanchez

KK said on that Si Ferry show that JJ told him he wouldn't believe some of the stuff that was going on. I can't imagine the training was that bad, leads me to believe it was the contracts that were dished out.

Gotta trust Robbie and JJ. Not that I'd be upset to lose anyone other than Boycey.

1 minute ago, Heartsofgold said:

As expensive as signing Niemi at the same time then selling him on for £2m? 

9 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Bur maybe not in cost.

What do you care?  Are you a Hearts fan or a Levein fan?  

JJ is revered because he put good teams on the park that we’re good to watch, had us up the right end of table, got us to Finals and went onto win one.  

He had bad results like any manager but I’ll bet you don’t remember him for those?  Quite often we came back

under him after a dip here and there. 

In truth, we’ve yet to find another manager since his 90s spell who gave us prolonged joy following Hearts.   

2 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

It's odd that the Levein bashers think that if you question another manager, you must be supporting CL.  Childish thinking from childish people.

The point I was making was that ALL managers (INCLUDING LEVEIN) make bad and often costly signings but as JJ says the test is if you get more right than wrong.

Selkirkhmfc1874
5 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

Exactly ! JJ brought a cup home aswell as making some brilliant signings along the way aswell as promoting many youths 

Sorting the keeper was urgent - cost us goals and points big time. Brain-farts in defence/midfield cost us cheap goals which we couldn't seem to come back from, so it's the manager's job to breed confidence and resilience. Then there''s allocation of scarce resources, how much did we need to offer some of these guys to get them here? What can we get when that budget is freed up?  From the outside, it seems to me Robbie's addressing the right things.

Pasquale for King
Just now, Heartsofgold said:

As was Tomaschek and a few others but he just about broke even with sales, Levein cost us millions and will cost us another few after our demotion. 

Selkirkhmfc1874
Just now, JamboAl said:

It's odd that the Levein bashers think that if you question another manager, you must be supporting CL.  Childish thinking from childish people.

The point I was making was that ALL managers (INCLUDING LEVEIN) make bad and often costly signings but as JJ says the test is if you get more right than wrong.

Levein in another league as far as bad signings and wasting money concerned 

Harry Potter
On 04/07/2020 at 10:50, Smith's right boot said:

If Smith moves to rangers I'll cry, need a name change as well. 

Ha ha, aye we deffo need him onboard.

Selkirkhmfc1874
1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

As was Tomaschek and a few others but he just about broke even with sales, Levein cost us millions and will cost us another few after our demotion. 

Broke even ? JJ was well in credit with transfers 

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Levein in another league as far as bad signings and wasting money concerned 

Ironically enough.

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Broke even ? JJ was well in credit with transfers 

We went over this a while ago and he’s just in credit, you have to factor in signings like Fitzroy Simpson who was on a grand a day. He signed a lot of players, but I’m not allowed to say why or I will get more warnings 🙈.