Hearts transfers (Cochrane goes on loan to Montrose)

dazajmbo

1 hour ago, lewis2006 said:

Totally agree. Halliday on a free would be an excellent bit of business. We’ve not had a player in that mould since Ian Black.

Bear in mind if he plays for us he instantly loses the immunity to cards he has previously enjoyed 😀

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff

• Bazzas right boot

23 minutes ago, Ribble said:

While I have no desire whatsoever to see Butcher in a hearts jersey, Dundee United will be so strapped for cash after the adjudication that they'll gladly sell the likes of Butcher and despite their dislike for hearts if the money was on the table they'd bite our hand off

From the  Dundee local rag...

Dundee United won’t entertain any transfer approach from Hearts and Robbie Neilson for midfielder Calum Butcher

"""And Courier Sport understands that United have no intention of letting him leave this summer – and certainly not to Hearts."""

38 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

It’s understood Robbie Neilson has got the Tangerines’ midfielder on his Tynecastle transfer window wish list.

Neilson is a big fan of the experienced Englishman, who was a key part of United’s Championship success last season.

Linking up again with the 29-year-old would not be easy, however.

Not only is Butcher settled and happy at Tannadice, looking forward to playing top-flight football, he also has a contract running to 2023.

And Courier Sport understands that United have no intention of letting him leave this summer – and certainly not to Hearts.

Hope we steer well clear of this waste of a jersey!!!

I would hate us to give them anymore money also!!! Let them rot.

1 hour ago, Cruyff said:

Played Centerhalf for Dundee Utd 3 times last season. Played DM 23 times. 

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/calum-butcher/leistungsdatendetails/spieler/61813

Infact, he's played basically his whole career as a DM. https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/calum-butcher/leistungsdatendetails/spieler/61813

That’s what I thought? Are some people mixing him up with someone else?

The few times I caught their games on tele he always seemed to be in midfield or came on to play there. 

Edited by Debut 4

19 minutes ago, Section Q said:

From the  Dundee local rag...

Dundee United won’t entertain any transfer approach from Hearts and Robbie Neilson for midfielder Calum Butcher

"""And Courier Sport understands that United have no intention of letting him leave this summer – and certainly not to Hearts."""

I reckon a story released from United to make it look as if they are taking a tough line with Hearts. All for the consumption of their support. Utter mince I would think.

Famous 1874

Andy Halliday would be a fantastic signing. In his prime, loves playing at Tynecastle, get the impression that he would really embrace the clubs culture and is actually a pretty decent player. Could see him being a fans favourite quickly.  

Butcher isn't the worst player, could we get better Absolutely, but we need players that have a bit of bite, and can put a foot in, then you have the likes of Irving, Cochrane, Smith, who are far better ball players. 

Haring to come back in, damour really hope we move him on. 

1 hour ago, Absolute Scenes said:

nonsense - Naismith was on to 20 goals the season he was injured, Washingtons injury was during a game and Boyce played a grand total of 6 games, sored 2 which is still 1 in 4

They spent half a million on a striker from the conference. Took him half a season to score a respectable amount of goals.  Shocking business

You might want to check your arithmetic there :tongue:

Interview with Scott Fraser from today.

https://bensfootballblog.com/2020/07/14/scott-fraser-on-his-dundee-united-exit-what-the-future-holds-and-coming-face-to-face-with-kevin-de-bruyne/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

"I’ve never had any thoughts at all about returning to Scotland or Dundee United. I am very happy playing down in England and unless you got an offer from one of the Old Firm, I think most players would rather stay in England unless they had no choice."

I think we can chuck that one in the bin as well. :lol:

5 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Tough line my farter. 

They are an irrelevance and can sook ma boaby. 

Shite club, wankstain fans, gantin ground and a flea pit of a town.

Feck them.

In a nutshell.

Borders Jambo

Seems like the Dundee Courier is an even worse local rag than the EEN.

Lets add in some emotive language to see if we get many bites from Jambos.

"And Courier Sport understands that United have no intention of letting him leave this summer – and certainly not to Hearts."""

Seems not many people like us. 

Just now, Borders Jambo said:

Seems like the Dundee Courier is an even worse local rag than the EEN.

Lets add in some emotive language to see if we get many bites from Jambos.

"And Courier Sport understands that United have no intention of letting him leave this summer – and certainly not to Hearts."""

Seems not many people like us. 

If the price is right then any player is for sale.

Butcher is 29 and is an absolute journeyman. Not someone I'd be keen on tbh. 

If you want a midfielder with a bit about him, Andy Halliday would be my choice. Good player with versatility too. 

Interesting that Wycome have gained promotion to the Championship and Nicholson was rumoured to be going there. Might be a tough sell to him unless he wants to come home. 

46 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

That’s what I thought? Are some people mixing him up with someone else?

The few times I caught their games on tele he always seemed to be in midfield or came on to play there. 

Perhaps they are. 

Can't see RN being interested in him whatsoever. Pure paper talk. 

8 minutes ago, OTT said:

Butcher is 29 and is an absolute journeyman. Not someone I'd be keen on tbh. 

If you want a midfielder with a bit about him, Andy Halliday would be my choice. Good player with versatility too. 

Interesting that Wycome have gained promotion to the Championship and Nicholson was rumoured to be going there. Might be a tough sell to him unless he wants to come home. 

2nd that. Folk turn their nose up at Haliday because he's Rangers and he's a nasty wee shite.

Not good enough to start in a Rangers XI these days and hung out to dry a bit at LB but he'd be a good player for us. Someone that can handle the pressure of playing for an expectant support. 

Absolute Scenes
37 minutes ago, HoGwash said:

You might want to check your arithmetic there :tongue:

utter pish haha

1 in 3 (even better!)

ooh-aah-cantona

A move for Andy Halliday would be good for both parties. 

He certainly would do us a turn in the Championship and would be an improvement on Bozanic.

34 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Tough line my farter. 

They are an irrelevance and can sook ma boaby. 

Shite club, wankstain fans, gantin ground and a flea pit of a town.

Feck them.

sucksinct as always 

We should be looking mostly at season long deals for players that will get us out the Championship then look for a higher standard for our return to the premiership.

2 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

We should be looking mostly at season long deals for players that will get us out the Championship then look for a higher standard for our return to the premiership.

or get the best we can and use the championship to gel as a team, adding a couple more quality players on our return to the premiership ship. no point in getting players just for the championship, then scrapping it all to try and build another one in the premiership.

build a team now, let them develop as a squad in the championship and it will allow us to go forward with a steady squad who already know each other in the prem

7 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

Its all opinions :D 

I want us to use the kids as much as possible so we're returning to the Premiership with the likes of Irving, Cochrane, McDonald, Hickey*,Brandon, Moore all with a full seasons worth of games under their belts and the likes of Connor Smith, and the others in that age bracket managing double digit appearances. We saw the good it did the likes of Walker, Nicholson and Paterson.

As far as  the team goes, Gordon, Souttar, Berra, Haring, Naismith and Boyce is a solid spine through the middle as they come. Width is still an issue and we probably need a ball winner in midfield with Haring's fitness still a having a question mark over it. If we can ship out the dead wood/ guys that just don't want to be here we should be able to invest a bit in better quality additions who can serve us well after promotion too. 

I think we could get through this window only making 2 more signings if we really wanted to (including shipping out the dead wood). Cover for Haring and a winger. Halliday and Nicholson. 

gashauskis9
2 minutes ago, Robdawg said:

Anyone think Olly Lee will get another chance or is he finished at hearts ?

Hope he gets another crack.  Always looked capable.

2 minutes ago, gashauskis9 said:

Agreed. Like Lee and I think robbie will rate him as along as we have a decent DM 

Just now, Ribble said:

While I have no desire whatsoever to see Butcher in a hearts jersey, Dundee United will be so strapped for cash after the adjudication that they'll gladly sell the likes of Butcher and despite their dislike for hearts if the money was on the table they'd bite our hand off

Stuff Butcher, dangle some cash in front of them for Shankland

8 minutes ago, gov said:

Agreed. Like Lee and I think robbie will rate him as along as we have a decent DM 

Not sure he wants to be here? Wasnt he crying about how horrible it is to live in Edinburgh 12 months ago

2 minutes ago, Jambo92 said:

Not sure he wants to be here? Wasnt he crying about how horrible it is to live in Edinburgh 12 months ago

I think he had a disagreement with Levein about his tactics and was emptied. His other half may have been a bit homesick though not sure about him.

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

I would rather have Frank Butcher 

😂

I'd rather have Terry butcher, if the guy is a midfielder then he's worse than I originally thought. 

As a centre half I thought at least he's good in the air and tackles, but a midfielder.... 

Only in Scotland could his type ever be classed as a "midfielder". 

Just now, Smith's right boot said:

😂

I'd rather have Terry butcher, if the guy is a midfielder then he's worse than I originally thought. 

As a centre half I thought at least he's good in the air and tackles, but a midfielder.... 

The worry for me is that that article in the Courier said that Robbie rates him highly. Hopefully that is just made up rubbish by a crap newspaper.

Bazzas right boot
17 minutes ago, gashauskis9 said:

100%, an actual footballer, although could be a tad slow at times, if the set up is right he'll be an asset. 

Likes to look for a pass, good set piece on him and not afraid to have a dig. 

3 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

I doff my cap to you, Sir.

A masterpiece.

Why thank you, appreciate it coming from the best 👍

2 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

I think he had a disagreement with Levein about his tactics and was emptied. His other half may have been a bit homesick though not sure about him.

I would welcome him back for sure, but only if he wants to be here. Need 100 percent next season in terms of effort from every player, he naturally has an posture & movement that looks like he's not too fussed whether we are winning or losing.

I remember him strolling over to take a corner in the last 10 mins of a game we were losing haha

Just now, wavydavy said:

It’s understood Robbie Neilson has got the Tangerines’ midfielder on his Tynecastle transfer window wish list.

Neilson is a big fan of the experienced Englishman, who was a key part of United’s Championship success last season.

Not only is Butcher settled and happy at Tannadice, looking forward to playing top-flight football, he also has a contract running to 2023.

And Courier Sport understands that United have no intention of letting him leave this summer – and certainly not to Hearts.

To be honest if that's the standard Neilson is looking at then I dread to think who else he'd be looking at.

This is the guy who brought in Connor Sammon and Robbie Muirhead and as soon as he got his move to MK Dons he took Muirhead as quick as he could and left Sammon dumped on us. Never showed any interest in taking him down to Milton Keynes.

Better be some other names he is looking at, hopefully someone decent for a change. If not, there's no reason to think we will automatically get up at the first attempt. We need to show ambition right now and fork out some cash or it could all come back and bite us on the arse. Players need to be sold on the club, and told they'll be playing Championship for only 27 games. Sign shite, we'll struggle, even with the nucleus of the current squad.

2 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

100%, an actual footballer, although could be a tad slow at times, if the set up is right he'll be an asset. 

Likes to look for a pass, good set piece on him and not afraid to have a dig. 

He still has a year left on his contract so if he wanted to stay at Gillingham then we would be looking for a fee I presume.

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

The worry for me is that that article in the Courier said that Robbie rates him highly. Hopefully that is just made up rubbish by a crap newspaper.

There was a match day thread of sorts when hibs played utd in the cup. 

I called him out at the start and he didn't disappoint, he's mince. 

Maybe for the championship he's what a team needs, but honestly he's ****ing shite. 

Hatchet man. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

2 minutes ago, Jambo92 said:

I would welcome him back for sure, but only if he wants to be here. Need 100 percent next season in terms of effort from every player, he naturally has an posture & movement that looks like he's not too fussed whether we are winning or losing.

I remember him strolling over to take a corner in the last 10 mins of a game we were losing haha

He still has a year left on his current contract.

Bazzas right boot
Just now, wavydavy said:

He still has a year left on his contract so if he wanted to stay at Gillingham then we would be looking for a fee I presume.

Yeah, could do. 

Depends on what style Robbie wants to go with, if it's Butcher over Lee then I'm gonna cry. 

But it's a team game, time will tell. 

3 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

There was a match day thread of sorts when hibs played utd in the cup. 

I called him out at the start and he didn't disappoint, he's mince. 

Maybe for the championship he's what a team needs, but honestly he's ****ing shite. 

Hatchet man. 

I don't doubt you but don't think I have ever seen him play. Maybe that's a good thing judging by what you are saying.😍

Edited by wavydavy

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, jambonian said:

To be honest if that's the standard Neilson is looking at then I dread to think who else he'd be looking at.

This is the guy who brought in Connor Sammon and Robbie Muirhead and as soon as he got his move to MK Dons he took Muirhead as quick as he could and left Sammon dumped on us. Never showed any interest in taking him down to Milton Keynes.

Better be some other names he is looking at, hopefully someone decent for a change. If not, there's no reason to think we will automatically get up at the first attempt. We need to show ambition right now and fork out some cash or it could all come back and bite us on the arse. Players need to be sold on the club, and told they'll be playing Championship for only 27 games. Sign shite, we'll struggle, even with the nucleus of the current squad.

Don't talk shite. 

Robbies signings had us 1st, 3rd and in about 2nd in his 3 seasons. 

Dont wet your pants yet. 

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, wavydavy said:

I don't doubt you but don't think I have ever seen him play. Maybe that's a good thing judging by what you are saying.😍

It's a team game, you need different types but **** me, he's not very good. 

Ainsley Harriott
11 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

😂

Exactly hopefully it's just his agent trying to generate some intrest and we aren't actually in for him

Just now, Ainsley Harriott said:

Exactly hopefully it's just his agent trying to generate some intrest and we aren't actually in for him

Where does it say that we are actually interested?

Certainly nowhere in that article 

Just been having a look at the current first team squad and if Craig Gordon is included we have 28 players already.

Brandon, Henderson and Moore all signed new deals.

Where do people think we need to add players?  I was surprised when Robbie said he wanted wide players when we have a number who can or have played wide in.

Moore

Wighton

Walker

Morrison

McDonald

Clare

Berra than you
1 minute ago, johnthomas said:

The courier "article" is less than 100 words with no quotes. Just an understanding that they won't sell to us. Hopefully not in for him if reports about him on this thread are accurate.

3 minutes ago, johnthomas said:

Exactly here from my post a little while ago.

Berra than you
1 minute ago, wavydavy said:

Just been having a look at the current first team squad and if Craig Gordon is included we have 28 players already.

Where do people think we need to add players?  I was surprised when Robbie said he wanted wide players when we have a number who can or have played wide in.

Moore

Wighton

Walker

Morrison

McDonald

Clare

Think Robbie is right about wide players. Said he'd loan out some young guys. So I would expect one of Moore, Morrison or Macdonald to be loaded out. I also think he will play walker centrally. Reckon Clare might be moved on of we can get a fee too. I think wingers with pace and a couple of central miss - a box to box and a sitter - is all we really need unless masses leave. That's based on us moving on/loaning out the players robbie won't fancy 

2 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Moore

Wighton

Walker

Morrison

McDonald

Clare

Moore, Morrison should be sub at best for me. 

McDonald, hopefully we see him get a chance and show his potential. 

Walker is more central nowadays, no pace

Clare is the best from that list easily. 

Main thing we lack is pace. 

Need some speed in the wide areas, even in the championship

That's one other reason why I'd put Smith to CB and bring in a new RB who can bomb forward

2 minutes ago, Gulf Jambo said:

Moore, Morrison should be sub at best for me. 

McDonald, hopefully we see him get a chance and show his potential. 

Walker is more central nowadays, no pace

Clare is the best from that list easily. 

Main thing we lack is pace. 

Need some speed in the wide areas, even in the championship

That's one other reason why I'd put Smith to CB and bring in a new RB who can bomb forward

We just gave Brandon a new deal. There have been some suggestions about O'Donnell which would be a good signing if we could get him.

9 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Moore

Wighton

Walker

Morrison

McDonald

Clare

How many get past a player and actually cross, not 1 hits the bye-line!

People slating butcher haha honestly if he can break up play and pass it on to, Irving, Haring, Cochrane, Smith, then what's the problem. 

Everyone understands he has his limitations, he isn't a pure footballer i get that, but who's to say Robbie won't play 433 with him as the sitting midfielder. 

Or 4231 with him sitting and the other central midfielder joining the attacking midfielder further up the pitch. 

Jesus i think Robbie is the wrong appointment, and personally think Stendel was the man for the job. 

But what choice do i have, I support Hearts let's back whoever Robbie signs 👍

Personally speaking i don't think butcher is a terrible player, he's a digger who would give us legs in midfield, and does the dirty side of the game. 

Something we have missed apart from Haring who does that for us? Even at that Haring in my opinion is more of an attacking threat,he's great at heading and can play a pressing game. 

Sorry Kb rant over.