Hearts transfers (Cochrane goes on loan to Montrose)

dazajmbo

1 minute ago, Bongo 1874 said:

We weren't the only club that wanted Robbie, there was interest from teams for him in January 👍

Cheers Bongo your info is appreciated although I hope you’re wrong this time for 2 reasons.

#1 I don’t think the guy looks that good but granted I’ve not seen loads of him.

#2 I don’t want us to give those tramps any more money!! They can swivel!!

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff

• Bazzas right boot

Just now, Bongo 1874 said:

Correct in January there was clubs that wanted him to, Dundee United blocked teams from talking to him. 

Robbie forced the move to us and Dundee United gave in. 

So we presume that if CB 'forces' the move they will also capitulate ? I think its a little easier putting a player back in his place than trying it with a manager. If your manager wants to go, you get rid ASAP, as with Robbie to MKD (allegedly)

33 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Sorry but I disagree, we need someone that can put themselves about in midfield, we have the technically gifted players in Cochrane, Irving, Smith, etc. 

All good teams have them. 

I’m sure it was Tony Adams at Arsenal who said every good side “must have at least 7 players who you know will give you everything every week, players who will put  there body on the line for the team mates, if you don’t have that you won’t achieve anything 

4 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Cant see us spending money on a back up like. 

If he wants CB he's obviously key to RN's plans. Maybe he'll play him beside Haring or maybe Haring will go back to Centerhalf. We'll see what happens. 

We certainly need a strong arm in midfield, we got bitch slapped everyweek last season because we lost Djoum & Haring and neither were replaced. 

OmiyaHearts
16 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Wouldn’t think so.  He’s at Dundee Utd for a reason. 

I've not seen Butcher play. But Bozanic doesn't even have a team, for a reason(?).

6 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

If he wants CB he's obviously key to RN's plans. Maybe he'll play him beside Haring or maybe Haring will go back to Centerhalf. We'll see what happens. 

We certainly need a strong arm in midfield, we got bitch slapped everyweek last season because we lost Djoum & Haring and neither were replaced. 

Aye true. 

6 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

I've not seen Butcher play. But Bozanic doesn't even have a team, for a reason(?).

His contract at a bigger club than Butchers ran out? 

Why would a Hearts fan who has watched Dundee Utd two or three times think they are a better judge of Butcher than Robbie who has worked with him every day. Maybe he offers more than just on the park. Maybe he is a horrible b*****d and Robbie thinks we are too soft and need someone like that. 
If that is the case, he’d be correct.

1 minute ago, Leisham38 said:

Why would a Hearts fan who has watched Dundee Utd two or three times think they are a better judge of Butcher than Robbie who has worked with him every day. Maybe he offers more than just on the park. Maybe he is a horrible b*****d and Robbie thinks we are too soft and need someone like that. 

He’s been in Scottish football for about ten years. 

Berra than you
1 minute ago, Last Laff said:

He's only played for United up here for about 3 seasons over two spells

6 minutes ago, Leisham38 said:

Tbf I said Robbie Muirhead was pish when Robbie signed him and I was proven correct over him.

8 minutes ago, Berra than you said:

He's only played for United up here for about 3 seasons over two spells

Seems years then :lol: 

Tennant's  6's
1 hour ago, TypoonJambo said:

Do we need one? 

Yes. 

Berra is finished, unless we sit deep and deep just launch high balls at us.

Halkett has to improve dramatically.

Souttar is always injured.

Rick Sanchez

If we punt Damour and get someone Robbie has worked with before on half his wages, it could only be described as good business.

Interesting to see Utd's reaction to see how skint they are after all their chat about him.

1 minute ago, Rick Sanchez said:

If we punt Damour and get someone Robbie has worked with before on half his wages, it could only be described as good business.

Interesting to see Utd's reaction to see how skint they are after all their chat about him.

Who is ever going to take Damour. 

Tennant's  6's
52 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Don't understand some people tbh Irving showed he can more the hold his own, against prem players last season, Haring coming back big boost. 

Lee back from his loan, Cochrane, Smith, what we are lacking is someone that can break up play, and do the dirty side of the game. 

Yep, the whole team last season were soft as sh!te.. 

We need guys with balls that'll battle, but also pace & energy.

Robbie must be pretty clued up having watched (endured) a lot of games and got info from Andy Kirk 

Tennant's  6's

We could make up a really good, and really short, YouTube video of him.. 

Rick Sanchez
3 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

I'm hoping Warnock will take him to Middlesbrough 🤞 If he helped Cardiff get promoted as a squad player, why not them.

3 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

There’s a relegation clause in his contract I’m sure so assume we could activate that also?

Absolute Scenes
38 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

you realise that when posters like yourself just throw random numbers about trying to make a point, and getting them completely wrong...it makes you look like an utter mouthpiece?

FOr the record, he's been in scottish football no more than 4 years. 4, thats all. 

1 minute ago, Absolute Scenes said:

you realise that when posters like yourself just throw random numbers about trying to make a point, and getting them completely wrong...it makes you look like an utter mouthpiece?

FOr the record, he's been in scottish football no more than 4 years. 4, thats all. 

Aye no bother pal.  He was at Dundee Utd in 2003 and was shite then.  He’s then been back for another couple of years having kicked about non league down south.  

23 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

There’s a relegation clause in his contract I’m sure so assume we could activate that also?

23 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

I'm hoping Warnock will take him to Middlesbrough 🤞 If he helped Cardiff get promoted as a squad player, why not them.

Daylight robbery if it comes off.  Let’s hope so.  Would rather have Butcher than Damour tbh. 

Absolute Scenes

Aye no bother pal.  He was at Dundee Utd in 2003 and was shite then.  He’s then been back for another couple of years having kicked about non league down south.  

Burton Albion and Millwall are not non league teams "pal". He wasnt even playing football in 2003 🤪 how often did you watch Butcher in 2003, or should i say 2013 when he was actually at dundee united, for you to make that judgement? Were you on the United forums each week at 6:30 to see how he had played that day? Even guys like Martin Boyle kicked around lower leagues for a while. Take a seat and chill out eh

Bazzas right boot
7 hours ago, Austin MacGlee said:

Reckon you're right. Down south is where he'll head. Still, if we'd moved for him when he was at Hamilton we'd have got ourselves a cracking player to sell on for a decent fee. Hopefully our recruitment improves now that Levein is gone.

He cost  rangers about £650k from Hamilton. 

We were never paying that no matter who was  in charge of recruitment. 

Captain Sausage
11 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Burton Albion and Millwall are not non league teams "pal". He wasnt even playing football in 2003 🤪 how often did you watch Butcher in 2003, or should i say 2013 when he was actually at dundee united, for you to make that judgement? Were you on the United forums each week at 6:30 to see how he had played that day? Even guys like Martin Boyle kicked around lower leagues for a while. Take a seat and chill out eh

:jj:

@Last Laff next false statement pls. 

Bazzas right boot

We signed Pat? 

I will get behind him and trust Robbie but **** me he's utter shite. 

Just hoping he's a cog in the machine as football is a team game and there is a bigger picture but when I've watched him he's been poor. 

Think Berra but right footed ( I think, he tends to header a lot) and apparently a midfielder🙄

Edited by Smith's right boot

1 hour ago, Last Laff said:

Aye no bother Butcher is a terrific signing.  Real statement of intent 👍

That's your opinion and a perfectly valid one.  Bringing up Gogic, who we might have contacted, for all you know, and, more importantly, who has signed for hibs, is extremely tedious!

24 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Mansfield and that other shite he played for before coming back up north where though “pal”

****in glittering career the guys had that lead to him being a English non league Scottish championship jobber. 

Edited by Last Laff

2 minutes ago, Dia Liom said:

That's your opinion and a perfectly valid one.  Bringing up Gogic, who we might have contacted, for all you know, and, more importantly, who has signed for hibs, is extremely tedious!

If he signed for the shite then he would have been available to us.  Instead we end up signing Pat Butchers nephew. 

While I can't say I've even seen Butcher play, having him described as a hatchet man/clogger might be exactly what we need? Presume the folk not wanting him have totally forgotten how absolutely soft as shite we were defensively last season?

Hectormasson
1 hour ago, 1874robbo said:

If he does sign for them " could it be 🎵swansong🎵🎶🎶damour🎼    " right il get my coat"🥼🤗🤗🤗

2 hours ago, Batistuta87 said:

Butcher? 

While he may be an effective ball winner from the 2 or 3 United games I watched on tv last season he's always a bawhair away from a red card. Given the refereeing decisions we get I'd be worried.

BackOfTheNet

As much as the possibility makes me want to partridgeshrug.gif it’s not so much the potential “meh” of it all, as it is actually the fact we’d go out and spend money to get him.

Got years on his contract left and belongs to a team vowing to not do business with us, so won’t come cheap. Can’t see that being good business if we do splash cash when there will undoubtedly be free transfers available once arbitration is sorted.

Edited by BackOfTheNet

And he’s not praying!

No idea if there’s any truth in the Butcher link but if it were true, surely we should all be pleased that a Hearts manager is signing players because he knows them and their qualities (See C Gordon also).

No recommendations from above, no YouTube videos. No players who had a good grounding at a big club at a young age, or players who have suffered serious injuries and are looking to get back playing.

Surely signing players the manager knows and presumably trusts is the right way to go about things?

We can debate the merits of each signing until the cows come home (I’ve never seen Butcher so can’t comment) but Robbie Neilson will fail or succeed on how the team performs. If he wants Butcher and thinks he’ll bring something to the team, that’s good enough for me.

penicuik jambo

Can’t say Iv ever seen him play or noticed him but if the laddie Butcher is a big dirty ball winner in the middle in the park then that’s exactly what we need, someone to put there foot in, we are soft there. 

Bad Religion
55 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

We signed Pat? 

I will get behind him and trust Robbie but **** me he's utter shite. 

Just hoping he's a cog in the machine as football is a team game and there is a bigger picture but when I've watched him he's been poor. 

Think Berra but right footed ( I think, he tends to header a lot) and apparently a midfielder🙄

You’ve spent the last 5 years defending all Levein’s shit signings like they were your own family members.

Now you’re slagging off a RN rumoured transfer target without knowing anything about him 🤷‍♂️

Edited by Bad Religion

Famous 1874
2 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

Is Butcher any better than Bozanic?

Would be extremely hard not to be. Bozanic is and was absolutely dreadful, certainly one of the worst midfielders I have seen at the club. 

Bazzas right boot
10 minutes ago, Bad Religion said:

You’ve spent the last 5 years defending all Levein’s shit signings like they were your own family members.

Now you’re slagging off a RN rumoured transfer target without knowing anything about him 🤷‍♂️

Not slagging him off Tbh, from what I've seen he's shite, poor quality just an opinion. 

Bit different from slagging a Hearts player week in, week out but you knew that 

You might think differently and think he's decent, fair enough. 

I did also say that it's a team game

Robbie will have a better take on building a team than me, but as an individual footballer Butcher is very poor from what I've seen. 

Maybe a team needs his sort, we have maybe missed his type in the middle of the Park but from what I've seen he's the very definition of a hatchet man. 

If he signs I'll support him tho and not rip him every week, unlike some do to our players👍

We needed a destroyer type midfielder if haring isn’t going to be fit. Listened to the scarves round the funnel podcast and Robbie talked up brellier and this type of player. I know butcher not in the same league as JB

2 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Correct in January there was clubs that wanted him to, Dundee United blocked teams from talking to him. 

Robbie forced the move to us and Dundee United gave in. 

As soon as we met the transfer release clause and Rn indicated he wanted to go there was much DU could do.

I doubt Butcher has such as clause tbh......

Haring is far better than a midfield spoiler. He’s actually excellent going forwards, good passer and a goal threat. 

Just now, Special Officer Doofy said:

Haring is far better than a midfield spoiler. He’s actually excellent going forwards, good passer and a goal threat. 

Thought that myself.  He’s the most composed player we have and makes lots of space for himself with a knack of being in the right place.  For more intelligent than just a spoiler. 

Thought that myself.  He’s the most composed player we have and makes lots of space for himself with a knack of being in the right place.  For more intelligent than just a spoiler. 

Abso****inlutely

2 hours ago, Last Laff said:

If he signed for the shite then he would have been available to us.  Instead we end up signing Pat Butchers nephew. 

You truly love the Vermin  pal . 

Obbssed with bringing them into every thread . 

Hope Haring does get back to full fitness. One of those types of players that when the ball comes to him you know he rarely wastes it. Nothing worse than when you're sitting watching a game and a ball comes to a player who makes you nervous in-case he mucks it up. Always confident Haring will do the right thing, just like Jimmy Dunne when he was here. Compare Dunne to Shaughnessy and you'll get what I mean!