Hearts transfers (Cochrane goes on loan to Montrose)

dazajmbo

Bazzas right boot
4 hours ago, TypoonJambo said:

Agreed, good value for money but until we lose some deadwood, Damour for s start, we wont be spending too much. Only real clue Robbies given has been a wide player. Not wide in the Nisbett way😁

Tbf, we dropped about 10 players. 

Still a few to go, but we will have space for few signings. 

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff

• Bazzas right boot

O'Donnell would obviously be a good replacement, even better he's on a free and we could get a fee for Smith. 

Do we have a youngster that could do the job though - Cammy Logan and Jamie Brandon perhaps?

My thinking is that if we are playing Championship football its a season to push on as many of the youngsters as we can. I can't see the likes of Craig Gordon, Liam Boyce, Steven Naismith etc. being in a team that fails to win promotion at the first time of asking. Plus, a right back isn't a striker, or a goalkeeper. I think we can get away with trying to give youth a chance here. 

If we do manage to get reinstated, then its a tougher choice. Would probably say sign him since we need to be challenging higher up the table and he's a Scotland International. 

HillmanHearts

There's nothing at all to suggest that O'Donnell will end up at Hearts as far as I can see. I'd take him ( as Robbie would ) but it ain't happening.

Famous 1874
25 minutes ago, Chaps said:

I’m being told O’Neil is wanting Washington down at Stoke.

Not surprising as they bid for him in January. Wouldn’t be surprised to see Washington & Smith down there. 

gashauskis9
3 hours ago, Rick Sanchez said:

What was the dig mate?

Hope he doesn't, he's not spectacular but definitely solid.

Basically said that he would be pissed off if he was at a club deferring/cutting wages and making folk redundant who was active in the transfer market and paying transfer fees.  It was an obvious dig at Hibs as it was the day after they made the three signings. 

1 minute ago, gashauskis9 said:

Basically said that he would be pissed off if he was at a club deferring/cutting wages and making folk redundant who was active in the transfer market and paying transfer fees.  It was an obvious dig at Hibs as it was the day after they made the three signings. 

He'll be even more annoyed with the redundancy news that has just come out.

Guest ToqueJambo
3 hours ago, busby1985 said:

Mikey Smith is wanting away. He was one of the ones refusing a pay cut. He has built a house down south as I’ve said loads, in Bristol I believe. I don’t want to say he’s 100% away cause nothing is 100% in football but I’d be very surprised to see him in a hearts jersey again.  

Seems to like the new kit which is hopefully a good sign

Hectormasson
56 minutes ago, Chaps said:

I’m being told O’Neil is wanting Washington down at Stoke.

Washington won't be a big loss, though smith would , be good to keep.both but seems smith wants to go to England,,,

1 hour ago, ToqueJambo said:

Seems to like the new kit which is hopefully a good sign

Should keep him and make him a permanent fixture at Centerhalf. 

12 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

Where do you think he will be used? Has played up front at every age group since forever. 

My post wasn’t clear. The only way he’ll start up there  is if we play with 3 up front. I doubt we’ll set up that way, so I don’t think he’ll start at all. His best chance of starting would be wide midfield I’d have thought, we’ve got 5 strikers ahead of him. 

12 hours ago, HMFC01 said:

Good point.  To be honest I would say Smith is a bigger character than most of those mentioned, so it's indeed interesting his name's left out.

He's mentioned further down the article

Dallas Green
28 minutes ago, Hood09 said:

If Robbie is wanting pace can’t see him letting Washington go then signing someone like Laff

Our hand may be forced, depending on what league we are in and our financial situation by the time football gets back underway for us. 

I'd like him to stay. 

gowestjambo
11 hours ago, TypoonJambo said:

Whats his handicap? 

His Elbows stick out too far apparently....

46 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

My post wasn’t clear. The only way he’ll start up there  is if we play with 3 up front. I doubt we’ll set up that way, so I don’t think he’ll start at all. His best chance of starting would be wide midfield I’d have thought, we’ve got 5 strikers ahead of him. 

He was ahead of Uche with both Levein and Stendel latterly, only Boyce and Naismith ahead of him. Expect Washington and Wighton to move on. 

Leveins Battalion

I fully expect us to sign Lawrence Shankland once our illegal expulsion is overturned and Dundee Utd have the begging bowl out.😁

Berra than you

Nicholson is flying back to the UK now - may have arrived already - going by his Instagram. Hopefully see him make a decision in the next few days.

Leveins Battalion
21 minutes ago, Berra than you said:

Nicholson is flying back to the UK now - may have arrived already - going by his Instagram. Hopefully see him make a decision in the next few days.

Allegedly on Twitter that he is heading for a medical at Bristol Rovers.

Berra than you
1 minute ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Allegedly on Twitter that he is heading for a medical at Bristol Rovers.

Had a look at flights from Denver to UK an think he must be in London. I would doubt he would be heading straight there for a medical after that flight, but I suppose he could be staying down there and have a medical in the next couple of days. Will he have to quarantine?

I like the sound of signing Steven o'Donnell as a rb and then move smith to cb as others have pointed out i think it would just work and that would give us a really solid defence.

Hopefully robbie has an eye on him.

Batistuta87
14 hours ago, busby1985 said:

Mikey Smith is wanting away. He was one of the ones refusing a pay cut. He has built a house down south as I’ve said loads, in Bristol I believe. I don’t want to say he’s 100% away cause nothing is 100% in football but I’d be very surprised to see him in a hearts jersey again.  

Wouldn't read too much into the house down south. It's in Gloucestershire and he's has it for a while - he's nearly 32 and has his head screwed on, so my assumption is that its part of his plan for life after football. 

I get the impression that he's staying (and would like him to) but business is business at the end of the day and if someone is willing to pay us a half decent transfer fee then I would take it. 

There's a couple of replacements available - first choice would probably be O'Donnell or Marcus Fraser who has just left Ross County. There's also Ryan McLaughlin who is a free agent after leaving Rochdale and has been capped at right back for NI.  

1 hour ago, Berra than you said:

Had a look at flights from Denver to UK an think he must be in London. I would doubt he would be heading straight there for a medical after that flight, but I suppose he could be staying down there and have a medical in the next couple of days. Will he have to quarantine?

Yes

Berra than you
5 minutes ago, sandyk said:

Yes

In which case, he's surely not carrying out a medical anytime soon.

Leveins Battalion
8 minutes ago, Berra than you said:

It might be a load of shite,just Bristol fans on the EFL page saying a deal is close.

Hope not as I want him back at Hearts.

15 minutes ago, Berra than you said:

Correct.  I would  be very surprised if he actually signs on the dotted line for anyone in the next 2 weeks.  

5 minutes ago, sandyk said:

Correct.  I would  be very surprised if he actually signs on the dotted line for anyone in the next 2 weeks.  

Was he not seen out running in Edinburgh about a week ago ? 

3 hours ago, jambocub said:

He's mentioned further down the article

Yeah I noticed that after I read the online article then I read the EEN today as well.  It's a tricky situation the club are in with keeping all of our international players.  

Just now, HMFC01 said:

Yeah I noticed that after I read the online article then I read the EEN today as well.  It's a tricky situation the club are in with keeping all of our international players.  

After last season's performances I'm no fussed if any of them want to leave

Batistuta87
16 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Was he not seen out running in Edinburgh about a week ago ? 

Doubt it. He was definitely still in Denver late last week so no chance he'd be hopping back and forth with all the quarantine rules and the fact that its an 18hr journey with a stop. And footballer or not, its not a cheap flight!

He posted on Instagram this morning saying he'd landed in the UK. Based on the flight timetables, it looks like he went via Washington DC and landed at Heathrow at 6:45 this morning. He hasn't posted anything since, but you'd assume he's not staying there and will be heading home to Edinburgh (or wherever his family lives) to do his 14 day quarantine. I wouldn't expect to see him sign anywhere until that time passes - unless he's signing for us and we get the scarf above the heed photo from his back garden haha. 

Edited by Batistuta87

1 hour ago, Batistuta87 said:

Wouldn't read too much into the house down south. It's in Gloucestershire and he's has it for a while - he's nearly 32 and has his head screwed on, so my assumption is that its part of his plan for life after football. 

I get the impression that he's staying (and would like him to) but business is business at the end of the day and if someone is willing to pay us a half decent transfer fee then I would take it. 

There's a couple of replacements available - first choice would probably be O'Donnell or Marcus Fraser who has just left Ross County. There's also Ryan McLaughlin who is a free agent after leaving Rochdale and has been capped at right back for NI.  

Is it not in or around Bath? Think it’s a new build and it’s been in the works for a couple of years. It’s definitely for life after football, close to his wife’s family. 

Hectormasson
39 minutes ago, jambocub said:

After last season's performances I'm no fussed if any of them want to leave

Exactly 95% can bolt !    Their the ones that put us in the shite?

11 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Is it not in or around Bath? Think it’s a new build and it’s been in the works for a couple of years. It’s definitely for life after football, close to his wife’s family. 

South Gloucestershire

Screenshot_20200713-123704_Instagram.jpg

Batistuta87
15 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

I think its in Charfield, South Gloucs based on his Instagram. He's posted from there a few times and yeah its not far away from Bath. His Mrs is from Bristol (again not far away). 

Edited by Batistuta87

23 hours ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

He was great under Robbie and suited the way his teams set up. Like many players he suffered being managed by Craig. Still our best all round midfielder when he left the club though. 

Djoum like many others looked fine when he arrived then, again like others, fell away into the not-really-interested mode of those around him. He was never the same player once Paterson left. It was around then his interest and form, coupled with an injury, dropped. Then through Cathro and Levein he'd been looking to leave but with injury problems, stayed on until his contract expired. All this plus he thought he was the bees-knees after the African Nations. His form and interest only came back in the last couple of months when he knew he was leaving. Probably hoping by showing a bit of form he'd get a big move. To be honest, I can't even remember when he left or who he eventually went to. For me, he's just one of those players who  came and went. Decent enough player when he could be bothered though. Didn't help when he was shifted around the team, became too defensive for a long while, the same as plenty others.

I agree that he was probably our best midfielder when he left but looking around, it wasn't difficult to be.

16 hours ago, Alan_R said:

While i accept thats probably about the level we are at im yet to see that odonnell have a good game. Anytime ive seen him ive not been impressed.

Steve Clarke got the best out of a few players at Killie. Anytime i watched Killie on tv or against us I saw O'Donnell, Taylor (especially for our consistently poor scouting for a left-back), Brophy, Stuart, Jones and Power being solid for them. Any of those players would've improved our team. O'Donnell was fairly solid in that team and if Hearts got him he would be competition for Brandon (if Smith leaves) for the right-back spot. I can't really think of any right-backs off the top of my head that we could attract for the Championship, or afford. It could be a decent bit of business.

34 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

I think its in Charfield, South Gloucs based on his Instagram. He's posted from there a few times and yeah its not far away from Bath. His Mrs is from Bristol (again not far away). 

Charfield could be where his in-laws live I think. 

Batistuta87
14 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Charfield could be where his in-laws live I think. 

Could be... Charfield, Bath and Bristol all close by - they're in a wee triangle about 20 miles apart from one another so everyone is in the general area saying its close to Bath/Bristol/South Gloucs.

Edited by Batistuta87

5 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

He was ahead of Uche with both Levein and Stendel latterly, only Boyce and Naismith ahead of him. Expect Washington and Wighton to move on. 

Aye if those two go then he could be useful. I don't know hoe easy it is going to be to move players on right now tbh. Not saying it won't be possible but we might be stuck with quite a few players we don't want to keep

Robbo Is God

Ok, I was extraordinarily bored at work and had a look on Transfermarkt and had a look through for players whose contract has/ is about to expire with decent stats, that may be in our price range. 

Andreas Gruber (25) LM, Austria, SV Mattersburg

Christian Gebauer (26) RW, Austria, SCR Altach

Sandro Ingolitsch (23) RB, Austria, SKN St. Polten

Ismail Azzaoui (22) RW, Belgium, VFL Wolfsburg

Yaya Banana (28) CB, Cameroon, Olympiacos (Purely for the name)

Enzo Zidane (25) AM, France, UD Almeria

Hervin Ongenda (25) LW, France, Chievo Verona

Panagiotis Vlachodimos (28) LW, Greece, Sonnenhof-Gr

Gergley Bobal (24) CF, Hungary, Zalaegerszeg

Arni Vilhjalmsson (26) LW, Iceland, Kolos Kovalivka

Jimmy Dunne (22) CB, Ireland, Burnley (No brainer)

Kaspars Dubra (29) CB, Latvia, FK Oleksandriya

Joey Pelupessy (27) DM, Holland, Sheffield Wednesday

Dabney dos Santos (23) LW, Heracles Almelo

Saviour Godwin (23) LW, Nigeria, KSV Roeselare

Muhamed Keita (29) LW, Norway, Ohod Al-Medina

Fabio Nunes (27) LW, Portugal, Farense

Serder Serderov (26) LW, Russia, Inter Zapresic

Artem Kulishev (26) RW, Russia, Orenburg

Lewis MacLeod (26) CM, Scotland, Wigan

Murray Wallace (27) CB, Scotland, Millwall

Jordan Rhodes (30) CF, Scotland, Sheffield Wednesday (no chance but imagine him up here! 100 goals a season!)

Enej Jelenic (27) AM, Slovenia, Carpi

Nassim Ben Khalifa (28) CF, Switzerland, Grasshoppers

Nadir Ciftci (28) LW, Turkey, Genclerbirligi

Luca de la Torre (22) RM, USA, Fulham

Joseph Efford (23) LW, USA, Ergotelis

Lloyd Isgrove (27) LW, Wales, Swindon

Now, I did say I was bored and only went by stats and possibly being around our wage budget. I just thought it would be fun to throw some names about....maybe even see if anyone is aware if any of these players are actually good......or S***E!!

22 hours ago, GavK1012 said:

Tbh, the whole Djoum 'debate' has been done to death, I just couldnt help myself with the post I replied to..but 2 of the 3 points I made were facts...ie his bookings and being joint top over one of his latter seasons, thats a factual stat...IMHO this was because he was wreckless in challenges...the 2nd factual element was the poster saying he scored goals!!!!...he did in his 1st season granted, he looked deadly, Cameron like in his threat...however his time with us thereafter over 2-3 seasons, his goal threat and actual goals scored was pituful....any player can show for a ball, but if they are facing their own goal and give the ball away more often than not, thats not a strong point to be admired! That is my subjective opinion, but like I say, you cant argue re the two other points I made...

Djoum is twice the player damour and bozanic were. From what I can remember he was also very positive in his play

13 minutes ago, Robbo Is God said:

Ok, I was extraordinarily bored at work and had a look on Transfermarkt and had a look through for players whose contract has/ is about to expire with decent stats, that may be in our price range. 

Jordan Rhodes (30) CF, Scotland, Sheffield Wednesday (no chance but imagine him up here! 100 goals a season!)

Now, I did say I was bored and only went by stats and possibly being around our wage budget. I just thought it would be fun to throw some names about....maybe even see if anyone is aware if any of these players are actually good......or S***E!!

I would have said Enzo Zidane for the shirt sales, but he goes by Fernandez so thats a no-go :P 

Rhodes would be good but unnecessary since we have Boyce and Naisy. 

Wallace and MacLeod would both be solid signings, likewise Jimmy Dunne

All I would say would be expensive. 

Ethan Hamilton was one you missed. Edinburgh lad released from Man Utd. Worth looking at IMO. 

Boyces beard
15 minutes ago, Robbo Is God said:

Jimmy Dunne & Lewis Macleod would each be a good addition to our squad.

rudi must stay
21 minutes ago, Robbo Is God said:

Hearts scouting sorted