Hearts transfers (Cochrane goes on loan to Montrose)

dazajmbo

3 hours ago, Section Q said:

From the  Dundee local rag...

Dundee United won’t entertain any transfer approach from Hearts and Robbie Neilson for midfielder Calum Butcher

"""And Courier Sport understands that United have no intention of letting him leave this summer – and certainly not to Hearts."""

That's what i was calling b******t on, if we put more money on the table for any of their players than other clubs they'll sell to us, despite their bravado to the papers

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff

• Bazzas right boot

Dagger Is Back

Olly Lee? No thanks. Slower than a week in the jail. Looks for a pass? If you want a player that does that, and does it better in my view,  you've got Irving

All about opinions

2 minutes ago, Ribble said:

That's what i was calling b******t on, if we put more money on the table for any of their players than other clubs they'll sell to us, despite their bravado to the papers

Spot on 👍

54 minutes ago, Robdawg said:

Anyone think Olly Lee will get another chance or is he finished at hearts ?

Maybe, I quite liked Olly, to be honest.  His issue was he never grabbed a game by the scruff of the neck, but then if Haring is there, he doesn't have to.  He's a player that if we create time on the ball for, will make things happen.  Even just his shooting around the box.

Other side of this, is is he any better than Irving, or CSmith or Cochrane for that matter (if Harry finds his form)?  Not sure he is, you know.  Maybe time to trust our own, but in a team that doesn't hang them out to dry.  Our young guys haven't had it easy since Robbie left, when you think about it.

Love to see what these boys can do in a steady, confident team.

19 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Just been having a look at the current first team squad and if Craig Gordon is included we have 28 players already.

Brandon, Henderson and Moore all signed new deals.

Where do people think we need to add players?  I was surprised when Robbie said he wanted wide players when we have a number who can or have played wide in.

Moore

Wighton

Walker

Morrison

McDonald

Clare

Moore and Morrison not good enough 

Wighton more of a striker and also not good enough 

Walker lacks pace 

I like the look of McDonald and think he’ll be a hidden gem for us 

Clare -  Couldn’t even tell you what position he’ll play 

1 minute ago, Robdawg said:

Moore and Morrison not good enough 

Wighton more of a striker and also not good enough 

Walker lacks pace 

I like the look of McDonald and think he’ll be a hidden gem for us 

Clare -  Couldn’t even tell you what position he’ll play 

Agree with Mcdonald mate, really want him to show a real hunger to play for us. 

As you can see the lad has great ability, what a left foot he has.

Another one to watch out for is Leo Watson, feel he can play a part at first team level. 

4 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Agree with Mcdonald mate, really want him to show a real hunger to play for us. 

As you can see the lad has great ability, what a left foot he has.

Another one to watch out for is Leo Watson, feel he can play a part at first team level. 

All the attention is on cochrane which is fair he’s played more games but I think a lot forget about McDonald great wee player 

john thomas
43 minutes ago, Berra than you said:

The courier "article" is less than 100 words with no quotes. Just an understanding that they won't sell to us. Hopefully not in for him if reports about him on this thread are accurate.

Apparently Barcelona Bugle are running a story saying they won't sell Messi to us

Just now, Smith's right boot said:

Don't talk shite. 

Robbies signings had us 1st, 3rd and in about 2nd in his 3 seasons. 

Dont wet your pants yet. 

He was quick enough to break apart that Championship team and a few players brought in after promotion like Danny Swanson and Gavin Reilly were average, and, worse in Oshaniwa's case. The following season during when he decided to leave he'd brought in the likes of Connor Sammon, Faycal Rherras, Kristian Nowak, Victor Noring.

All i'm saying is that if Butcher is the type of players he's looking at then it could well be a long drawn out season. We need to look further ahead than next season. Nothing "shite" about that.

1 hour ago, Robdawg said:

Slow as a week in the nick. Might get away with it in championship. Wont be fussed either way

4 minutes ago, jambonian said:

He was quick enough to break apart that Championship team and a few players brought in after promotion like Danny Swanson and Gavin Reilly were average, and, worse in Oshaniwa's case. The following season during when he decided to leave he'd brought in the likes of Connor Sammon, Faycal Rherras, Kristian Nowak, Victor Noring.

All i'm saying is that if Butcher is the type of players he's looking at then it could well be a long drawn out season. We need to look further ahead than next season. Nothing "shite" about that.

Can you be sure that those were Robbie's signings and not the DOF's?

I am prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt and we can see the standard of player he brings in now and judge him on that and how the team play.

Just now, wavydavy said:

Just been having a look at the current first team squad and if Craig Gordon is included we have 28 players already.

Brandon, Henderson and Moore all signed new deals.

Where do people think we need to add players?  I was surprised when Robbie said he wanted wide players when we have a number who can or have played wide in.

Moore

Wighton

Walker

Morrison

McDonald

Clare

Moore probably needs another chance. He was starting to play better under Stendel.

Wighton shouldn't be anywhere near a Hearts top. Whoever sanctioned that move needs to have a serious look at themselves in the mirror, and it was actual cash too! Dundee must've been rubbing their hands.

Walker if fit will do a turn, especially in the Championship.

Morrison has never done anything of note. Billy King was a better player. Morrison will play down the leagues throughout his career.

McDonald's development had stalled under Levein, as had Cochrane's. Still think he's got something about him. Maybe a year in the Championship will do him the world of good.

Clare will hopefully play at right midfield where he can create and not have to worry about his weaknesses in tracking back defending. Hope we can keep him.

So, in short, Moore, McDonald, Walker and Clare keep. Wighton and Morrison to go.

1 hour ago, Robdawg said:

Never a fan but tbf,  everyone's got a clean slate. 

Maybe if he is played as an attacking mid rather than sitting deep he would be more effective. 

Just now, wavydavy said:

Can you be sure that those were Robbie's signings and not the DOF's?

I am prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt and we can see the standard of player he brings in now and judge him on that and how the team play.

He was the manager at the time. Of course it could've been Levein handing him players he didn't want, wouldn't surprise me to be honest and maybe the reason he jumped ship as soon as MK Dons came knocking.

I am prepared, like most, to give him the benefit of the doubt also. Butcher though.....it wouldn't be a good start. Time will tell.

Hectormasson
1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

😂

I'd rather have Terry butcher, if the guy is a midfielder then he's worse than I originally thought. 

As a centre half I thought at least he's good in the air and tackles, but a midfielder.... 

Only in Scotland could his type ever be classed as a "midfielder". 

I'd rather we had pat butcher !.👯‍♀️

KyleLafferty

If ever a team needs someone to kick and break up play it’s us, and how people can’t see that is beyond me.

Just now, Cruyff said:

Never a fan but tbf,  everyone's got a clean slate. 

Maybe if he is played as an attacking mid rather than sitting deep he would be more effective. 

Lee was another player who looked good on arrival and fell by the wayside like so many others. He does have an eye for goal and linked up well with Haring in that midfield. I'd be expecting him to score more regularly in a lower league. He's definitely not the first one i'd show the door to out of the players we have left. A few others can go first like White, Doyle, Zlamal, Morrison, Wighton and Damour.

3 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Pace is the key....

As long as there is some end product. 

Another Mulraney type and I'll have no hair left 

Just now, Gulf Jambo said:

As long as there is some end product. 

Another Mulraney type and I'll have no hair left 

I'd agree with that! What's David Templeton doing these days? Don't know his contract situation at Burton. Maybe having Liam Boyce here could persuade him? Think Boyce said Ryan Edwards encouraged him to go to Hearts. Said in interviews he had unfinished business at Hearts....could do worse, and only (I think) 31.

5 minutes ago, jambonian said:

Lee was another player who looked good on arrival and fell by the wayside like so many others. He does have an eye for goal and linked up well with Haring in that midfield. I'd be expecting him to score more regularly in a lower league. He's definitely not the first one i'd show the door to out of the players we have left. A few others can go first like White, Doyle, Zlamal, Morrison, Wighton and Damour.

Hmmm he was too slow for me tbh... And considering our midfield options are Haring, Damour, Irving, Cochrane and Lee, it is like the slowest midfield in history. None of them can run for shit.

I don't know. I like Irving and Haring. The rest have to prove themselves I think. 

Just now, Cruyff said:

Hmmm he was too slow for me tbh... And considering our midfield options are Haring, Damour, Irving, Cochrane and Lee, it is like the slowest midfield in history. None of them can run for shit.

I don't know. I like Irving and Haring. The rest have to prove themselves I think. 

Have to remember though, it's not the Premier. If we manage to get back up straight away then his contract is up after next season anyway. He scored a few goals the top league so i'd expect him to score more in the Championship. If he was to leave then I don't know who we could get in to replace him, even for one season. I'd be playing him to his strengths, linking midfield to front with someone alongside him like Clare, and Steven O'Donnell would be a perfect signing to fit behind them and overlapping if Smith was to leave.

Edited by jambonian

5 minutes ago, jambonian said:

Have to remember though, it's not the Premier. If we manage to get back up straight away then his contract is up after next season anyway. He scored a few goals the top league so i'd expect him to score more in the Championship. If he was to leave then I don't know who we could get in to replace him, even for one season. I'd be playing him to his strengths, linking midfield to front with someone alongside him like Clare, and Steven O'Donnell would be a perfect signing to fit behind them and overlapping if Smith was to leave.

I'm thinking SPL but you're right. Cake walk for any of our squad in the Championship. Even for White, Wighton, Lee and Damour. 

KnightyJambo
29 minutes ago, jambonian said:

I'd agree with that! What's David Templeton doing these days? Don't know his contract situation at Burton. Maybe having Liam Boyce here could persuade him? Think Boyce said Ryan Edwards encouraged him to go to Hearts. Said in interviews he had unfinished business at Hearts....could do worse, and only (I think) 31.

He's been at Hamilton since January and just signed a contract extension I believe.

Edited by KnightyJambo

3 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

Tough line my farter. 

They are an irrelevance and can sook ma boaby. 

Shite club, wankstain fans, gantin ground and a flea pit of a town.

Feck them.

Is this a quote from Ann Budge ?

Bazzas right boot
56 minutes ago, Hectormasson said:

I'd rather we had pat butcher !.👯‍♀️

🤣

Aye, or pat the butcher. 

Bazzas right boot
4 hours ago, Section Q said:

From the  Dundee local rag...

Dundee United won’t entertain any transfer approach from Hearts and Robbie Neilson for midfielder Calum Butcher

"""And Courier Sport understands that United have no intention of letting him leave this summer – and certainly not to Hearts."""

Dundee Utd will be selling reach a rounds for a fiver  by the time we're finished with them. 

5 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Dundee Utd will be selling reach a rounds for a fiver  by the time we're finished with them. 

😂😂

1 hour ago, Dagger Is Back said:

Olly Lee? No thanks. Slower than a week in the jail. Looks for a pass? If you want a player that does that, and does it better in my view,  you've got Irving

All about opinions

I share your opinion Dagger ... I liked what I saw of Irving and felt he had a cool head in pressure and would want to see him develop.  Robbie is the Manager to do that if he rates him. 

Hectormasson
40 minutes ago, merseyjambo said:

Hopefully this winger from Finland RN had been looking at when he was with United is still on the radar

He's got a few in mind,, interesting to see who they are ?

Hectormasson
1 hour ago, Cruyff said:

I'm thinking SPL but you're right. Cake walk for any of our squad in the Championship. Even for White, Wighton, Lee and Damour. 

Should be a lot easier, but the record of hearts players picking up injuries is a worrying factor ,   especially when we're up against a lot of first division cloggers,that will enjoy booting our players around, never the less it shouldn't prove too difficult to get back up ..........

🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦👍

15 minutes ago, Hectormasson said:

Should be a lot easier, but the record of hearts players picking up injuries is a worrying factor ,   especially when we're up against a lot of first division cloggers,that will enjoy booting our players around, never the less it shouldn't prove too difficult to get back up ..........

🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦👍

Defo. We've got a reduced fixture list but we'll still need a strong squad. As you say, we've got previous for injuries. 

1 hour ago, merseyjambo said:

Hopefully this winger from Finland RN had been looking at when he was with United is still on the radar

Aye, he looks decent. 

4 hours ago, wavydavy said:

Exactly here from my post a little while ago.

It’s understood Robbie Neilson has got the Tangerines’ midfielder on his Tynecastle transfer window wish list.

There it is in black and white . How could I have been in any doubt ?

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Trolling Dundee United is going to be a good laugh as someone once said 

I would like to think there isn't a dogs chance of us putting money into any of the clubs which shafted us.

Let them rot.

not seen Greg Docherty mentioned. Thought he was decent at Hibs last season and in my opinion try to get him in on loan or permanent 

Can’t remember if it was from his Open Goal interviews or I read an article about but I’m sure it seemed andy Halliday wasn’t too keen on staying in Scotland. Possibly wants another crack in England or go to MLS and if his move to Azerbijan is anything to go by he seems a man who is motivated by money (which is fair enough) would take him but don’t see it happening. 

Here is said article -   https://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/18469795.ex-rangers-star-andy-halliday-targets-mls-move-released-ibrox/

Edited by maroon

Fitzroy Pointon
3 hours ago, jambotony said:

not seen Greg Docherty mentioned. Thought he was decent at Hibs last season and in my opinion try to get him in on loan or permanent 

Thought I read he was going back there on loan. 

BackOfTheNet

Listen, I don’t expect us to be doing any actual business until arbitration is done and dusted (whenever that may be), but I can’t help notice this thread garnered 41 pages of spraff only to fall to page 2 when the actual transfer window opened. Funny that.

Batistuta87
1 hour ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Listen, I don’t expect us to be doing any actual business until arbitration is done and dusted (whenever that may be), but I can’t help notice this thread garnered 41 pages of spraff only to fall to page 2 when the actual transfer window opened. Funny that.

Don't expect much if anything to happen any time soon either. I would be surprised if Robbie doesn't have two shortlists - one for the Championship and one for the Premiership - and then we'll see some movement once we know what's happening in terms of the league we're in, any compo we're getting and things like that. Personally I think we're in the Championship with a pay-off but anything could happen. But transfers in and out is one of my favourite subjects on here though and I love blethering shite about it, talking about players we fancy having at Hearts and stuff like that. I check this page every day.

Edited by Batistuta87

Tommy Brown
23 hours ago, Salad Fingers said:

Thought I read he was going back there on loan. 

Kamberi & Docherty swap load seems to have stalled.

St Gallen were being quoted as a possible for Kamberi.

Maybe all newsrag/agent speculative pish.

1 hour ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Why bother to bring JJ back on a six month deal then? We still need to be looking at possible signings and speaking to potential signings agents.

We may not actually sign anyone until the arbitration is complete but that should not stop the prep work.

45 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Why bother to bring JJ back on a six month deal then? We still need to be looking at possible signings and speaking to potential signings agents.

We may not actually sign anyone until the arbitration is complete but that should not stop the prep work.

Correct.  We'll be in contact with players and their agents, I've not doubt.  Just waiting to see what league we're in basically.

What could be getting worked on is shipping out the ones we don't want.  I'd think Robbie (or JJ or both) are letting some guys know they can go.  I mean, unless Robbie wants to see them all in training I suppose, but there are prob a couple that could go without the need.

27 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Correct.  We'll be in contact with players and their agents, I've not doubt.  Just waiting to see what league we're in basically.

What could be getting worked on is shipping out the ones we don't want.  I'd think Robbie (or JJ or both) are letting some guys know they can go.  I mean, unless Robbie wants to see them all in training I suppose, but there are prob a couple that could go without the need.

I think Robbie will know what most of the first team squad are like and their capabilities. I would imagine one or two of the low performing high earners should be a bit worried at the moment. The problem will be getting them to move on when they are still under lengthy contracts.

On 14/07/2020 at 19:38, Bozi said:

What em...what happened to the "Russian internationalist"? 

Didn't happen, as my initial post had stated it was unlikely. That proved to be the case.

Batistuta87
7 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

What's the latest with wee Sam?

14 day quarantine after returning from the US. Doubt we'll see anything on him until after that. 

Austin MacGlee
On 15/07/2020 at 05:55, jambotony said:

Would love to have him at Hearts. Wanted him when he was with Hamilton and was gutted we didn't move for him before he went to the huns.

On 15/07/2020 at 08:31, maroon said:

Can’t remember if it was from his Open Goal interviews or I read an article about but I’m sure it seemed andy Halliday wasn’t too keen on staying in Scotland. Possibly wants another crack in England or go to MLS and if his move to Azerbijan is anything to go by he seems a man who is motivated by money (which is fair enough) would take him but don’t see it happening. 

Here is said article -   https://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/18469795.ex-rangers-star-andy-halliday-targets-mls-move-released-ibrox/

He would be a great option for us. Nothing spectacular but the right type of player to cover a multitude of positions without compromising quality too much. Was good for Rangers in the Championship too if I recall correctly.