Hearts transfers (Cochrane goes on loan to Montrose)

dazajmbo

BackOfTheNet
27 minutes ago, Robbo Is God said:

Ok, I was extraordinarily bored at work and had a look on Transfermarkt and had a look through for players whose contract has/ is about to expire with decent stats, that may be in our price range. 

Andreas Gruber (25) LM, Austria, SV Mattersburg

Christian Gebauer (26) RW, Austria, SCR Altach

Sandro Ingolitsch (23) RB, Austria, SKN St. Polten

Ismail Azzaoui (22) RW, Belgium, VFL Wolfsburg

Yaya Banana (28) CB, Cameroon, Olympiacos (Purely for the name)

Enzo Zidane (25) AM, France, UD Almeria

Hervin Ongenda (25) LW, France, Chievo Verona

Panagiotis Vlachodimos (28) LW, Greece, Sonnenhof-Gr

Gergley Bobal (24) CF, Hungary, Zalaegerszeg

Arni Vilhjalmsson (26) LW, Iceland, Kolos Kovalivka

Jimmy Dunne (22) CB, Ireland, Burnley (No brainer)

Kaspars Dubra (29) CB, Latvia, FK Oleksandriya

Joey Pelupessy (27) DM, Holland, Sheffield Wednesday

Dabney dos Santos (23) LW, Heracles Almelo

Saviour Godwin (23) LW, Nigeria, KSV Roeselare

Muhamed Keita (29) LW, Norway, Ohod Al-Medina

Fabio Nunes (27) LW, Portugal, Farense

Serder Serderov (26) LW, Russia, Inter Zapresic

Artem Kulishev (26) RW, Russia, Orenburg

Lewis MacLeod (26) CM, Scotland, Wigan

Murray Wallace (27) CB, Scotland, Millwall

Jordan Rhodes (30) CF, Scotland, Sheffield Wednesday (no chance but imagine him up here! 100 goals a season!)

Enej Jelenic (27) AM, Slovenia, Carpi

Nassim Ben Khalifa (28) CF, Switzerland, Grasshoppers

Nadir Ciftci (28) LW, Turkey, Genclerbirligi

Luca de la Torre (22) RM, USA, Fulham

Joseph Efford (23) LW, USA, Ergotelis

Lloyd Isgrove (27) LW, Wales, Swindon

Now, I did say I was bored and only went by stats and possibly being around our wage budget. I just thought it would be fun to throw some names about....maybe even see if anyone is aware if any of these players are actually good......or S***E!!

Don’t want to get in on the whether or not the ITK posters post good or bad things, but a certain thread creator did allude to us approaching Rhodes previously. No idea if true or remotely close of course.

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff

• Bazzas right boot

Robbo Is God
2 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Don’t want to get in on the whether or not the ITK posters post good or bad things, but a certain thread creator did allude to us approaching Rhodes previously. No idea if true or remotely close of course.

I couldn't see us approaching him, considering the wages and the fact that he Scoglish or Engottish and has only been to Scotland a couple of times. I thought he was more a fantasy signing, though he is getting on a bit. 

Also, just in case there are any arguements, I am pleading "Schrodingers Cat" on the ITK. If any are signed, I was Totally ITK and if not, well...I was just putting names up and not ITK at all. By the way....I am absolutely NOT ITK.  

ex hearts goalie signs for edinburgh city.  all the best 👍

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/former-hearts-goalkeeper-completes-move-edinburgh-city-2912001

The 21-year-old has signed a one-year deal having spent January until the shutdown on loan at the Citizens.

Mason joins having been released from Hearts where he spent more than a decade but didn't make a first-team appearance for the club, but didn enjoy loan spells at Bonnyrigg Rose, Annan Athletic and Airdrieonians.

During his time at Ainslie Park in the 2019/20 campaign, Mason, who was one of seven goalkeepers to play for the club, made five appearances keeping three clean sheets.

28 minutes ago, Neil Dongcaster said:

Ciftci could be good.

No thanks we've had enough strikers that struggle with their weight over the years 

Didn't Jimmy Dunne just extend his contract at Burnley for a year?

Defo take Ben Heneghen and Murray Wallace though. 

Just now, Cruyff said:

Didn't Jimmy Dunne just extend his contract at Burnley for a year?

Defo take Ben Heneghen and Murray Wallace though. 

yes, burnley extended his contract

Neil Dongcaster
11 minutes ago, rory78 said:

No thanks we've had enough strikers that struggle with their weight over the years 

Aye, Robbo was dresdful.

Heartsofgold
52 minutes ago, OTT said:

I would have said Enzo Zidane for the shirt sales, but he goes by Fernandez so thats a no-go :P 

Rhodes would be good but unnecessary since we have Boyce and Naisy. 

Wallace and MacLeod would both be solid signings, likewise Jimmy Dunne

All I would say would be expensive. 

Ethan Hamilton was one you missed. Edinburgh lad released from Man Utd. Worth looking at IMO. 

Jimmy Dunne just had his Burnley contract extended by a year.  He was on the bench for the last 2 games for them.

BackOfTheNet
33 minutes ago, Robbo Is God said:

I couldn't see us approaching him, considering the wages and the fact that he Scoglish or Engottish and has only been to Scotland a couple of times. I thought he was more a fantasy signing, though he is getting on a bit. 

Also, just in case there are any arguements, I am pleading "Schrodingers Cat" on the ITK. If any are signed, I was Totally ITK and if not, well...I was just putting names up and not ITK at all. By the way....I am absolutely NOT ITK.  

A true ITK would say that wouldn’t they? 😉 If i recall it was saying Levein had spoken to either him or his agent, think it was in a January so maybe January 2019?

Berra than you

I see Aaron Tshibola has been released from his current club in Portugal. Ex Killie who has worked with Neilson before - on loan at MK dons. Think he's a central midfielder. From what I remember he was a good player and would improve our midfield 

59 minutes ago, jambo3tevie said:

Jimmy Dunne & Lewis Macleod would each be a good addition to our squad.

Dunne has just signed a one year extension at Burnley and has been on the bench virtually every game since restart. Not a chance he is coming here any time soon 

Lewis MacLeod has barely kicked a baw since Rangers sold him about 6 year ago. No ta. We've got enough Jamie Walkers. 

Robbo Is God
11 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

A true ITK would say that wouldn’t they? 😉 If i recall it was saying Levein had spoken to either him or his agent, think it was in a January so maybe January 2019?

Not a rumour I'm familiar with to be honest. Really would love it if true. Imagine Rhodes and Boyce upfront with Naismith behind them!!! I love the transfer rumour time of year. Enjoy seeing the names people come up with. Even if it never happens. 

Oh and why has nobody else enjoyed Yaya Banana????!!!!!!

5 minutes ago, Robbo Is God said:

Not a rumour I'm familiar with to be honest. Really would love it if true. Imagine Rhodes and Boyce upfront with Naismith behind them!!! I love the transfer rumour time of year. Enjoy seeing the names people come up with. Even if it never happens. 

Oh and why has nobody else enjoyed Yaya Banana????!!!!!!

remember seeing banana playing in the afcon and thinking he's be worth it for the name alone. he actually looked pretty decent as well.

OmiyaHearts

'Player xxx would be good.'

Say people who haven't seen them play for a couple of seasons...

4 hours ago, Batistuta87 said:

Wouldn't read too much into the house down south. It's in Gloucestershire and he's has it for a while - he's nearly 32 and has his head screwed on, so my assumption is that its part of his plan for life after football. 

I get the impression that he's staying (and would like him to) but business is business at the end of the day and if someone is willing to pay us a half decent transfer fee then I would take it. 

There's a couple of replacements available - first choice would probably be O'Donnell or Marcus Fraser who has just left Ross County. There's also Ryan McLaughlin who is a free agent after leaving Rochdale and has been capped at right back for NI.  

I believe he’s just built a brand new house in Bristol and the last I heard was his wife and kid was moving down, with or without him. This was 2nd hand info from a boy that attends matches as Mikey’s guest. 

Sean Clare is the natural replacement for Mikey Smith. I like Mikey and would love to see him stay but football is football. Every side needs a 7/10 every week. 

Batistuta87
2 hours ago, Robbo Is God said:

Ok, I was extraordinarily bored at work and had a look on Transfermarkt and had a look through for players whose contract has/ is about to expire with decent stats, that may be in our price range. 

Andreas Gruber (25) LM, Austria, SV Mattersburg

Christian Gebauer (26) RW, Austria, SCR Altach

Sandro Ingolitsch (23) RB, Austria, SKN St. Polten

Ismail Azzaoui (22) RW, Belgium, VFL Wolfsburg

Yaya Banana (28) CB, Cameroon, Olympiacos (Purely for the name)

Enzo Zidane (25) AM, France, UD Almeria

Hervin Ongenda (25) LW, France, Chievo Verona

Panagiotis Vlachodimos (28) LW, Greece, Sonnenhof-Gr

Gergley Bobal (24) CF, Hungary, Zalaegerszeg

Arni Vilhjalmsson (26) LW, Iceland, Kolos Kovalivka

Jimmy Dunne (22) CB, Ireland, Burnley (No brainer)

Kaspars Dubra (29) CB, Latvia, FK Oleksandriya

Joey Pelupessy (27) DM, Holland, Sheffield Wednesday

Dabney dos Santos (23) LW, Heracles Almelo

Saviour Godwin (23) LW, Nigeria, KSV Roeselare

Muhamed Keita (29) LW, Norway, Ohod Al-Medina

Fabio Nunes (27) LW, Portugal, Farense

Serder Serderov (26) LW, Russia, Inter Zapresic

Artem Kulishev (26) RW, Russia, Orenburg

Lewis MacLeod (26) CM, Scotland, Wigan

Murray Wallace (27) CB, Scotland, Millwall

Jordan Rhodes (30) CF, Scotland, Sheffield Wednesday (no chance but imagine him up here! 100 goals a season!)

Enej Jelenic (27) AM, Slovenia, Carpi

Nassim Ben Khalifa (28) CF, Switzerland, Grasshoppers

Nadir Ciftci (28) LW, Turkey, Genclerbirligi

Luca de la Torre (22) RM, USA, Fulham

Joseph Efford (23) LW, USA, Ergotelis

Lloyd Isgrove (27) LW, Wales, Swindon

Now, I did say I was bored and only went by stats and possibly being around our wage budget. I just thought it would be fun to throw some names about....maybe even see if anyone is aware if any of these players are actually good......or S***E!!

Watched that Luca de la Torre play in a Derby v Fulham friendly or reserves game when I was working down that way recently - he looked quality. I'd love to see someone like him at Hearts. 

Lloyd Isgrove was a Stendel signing for Barnsley. I remember looking at him in January when I was looking at players he might bring with him and his YouTube highlights looked really good (obviously - always do). He came through the Southampton Academy along with Oxlade-Chamberlain and a few others who have gone on to do quite well. 

Murray Wallace would be an excellent signing for the squad. Would put him in a similar bracket to Hanlon at Hibs, so probably not quite as good as Souttar/Halkett on their day. Considering he's been at Milwall though, what sort of money would he have been on? £5-6k a week maybe? Lucky if we could offer him half that.

I didn't know de la Torre was a free agent so I'm adding him to my shopping list, so now its:

Jordan Rositter 

Luca de la Torre 

Stevie Lawless

Andy Halliday 

Berra than you
34 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

didn't know de la Torre was a free agent so I'm adding him to my shopping list, so now its:

Jordan Rositter 

Luca de la Torre 

Stevie Lawless

Andy Halliday 

Lawless is one I would have taken too, unfortunately he has just signed for Burton

2 hours ago, Neil Dongcaster said:

Aye, Robbo was dresdful.

Nade Vanecek were Zeefuik couldve had a decent career if he had slimmed down

2 hours ago, Berra than you said:

I see Aaron Tshibola has been released from his current club in Portugal. Ex Killie who has worked with Neilson before - on loan at MK dons. Think he's a central midfielder. From what I remember he was a good player and would improve our midfield 

seems he's a mate of Uche. Or....?

looking forward to a new chapter

1 hour ago, busby1985 said:

I believe he’s just built a brand new house in Bristol and the last I heard was his wife and kid was moving down, with or without him. This was 2nd hand info from a boy that attends matches as Mikey’s guest. 

Sean Clare is the natural replacement for Mikey Smith. I like Mikey and would love to see him stay but football is football. Every side needs a 7/10 every week. 

Removal van took a lot of stuff away two/three weeks ago. 

2 hours ago, Robbo Is God said:

Didn't realise that Jimmy Dunne had signed a contract extension. Kinda proves whether or not I'm ITK :D 

Surely signing Dunne is fanciful ?

First team squad in EPL , wages maybe £20k ?

4 hours ago, Natural Orders said:

He doesn’t look all that happy does he

He wanted a house in Guildford.

Batistuta87
50 minutes ago, Berra than you said:

Lawless is one I would have taken too, unfortunately he has just signed for Burton

That's disappointing. Honestly thought we were going to go for him. 

Ah well. More fish in the sea! 

kingantti1874
20 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Nesbit says his agent spoke to hearts.  Perhaps that clause was true afterall. 

More likely his agent trying to drum up publicity.. I struggle to believe we’d be after a striker with Naismith, Boyce, Washington, Uche, Henderson in the books and likely a season in the championship. If one or two left then maybe

Guest ToqueJambo
26 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Nesbit says his agent spoke to hearts.  Perhaps that clause was true afterall. 

Pretty sure his agent will have spoken to loads of clubs. It's what agents are paid to do.

Guest ToqueJambo
5 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

More likely his agent trying to drum up publicity.. I struggle to believe we’d be after a striker with Naismith, Boyce, Washington, Uche, Henderson in the books and likely a season in the championship. If one or two left then maybe

Definitely not at 250 grand. We'd have to offload someone before that could happen.

1 hour ago, Berra than you said:

Hopefully that means that they are resigned to losing Scott Fraser as he's out of contract. 

I doubt we could get him but I would absolutely love too

31 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Pretty sure his agent will have spoken to loads of clubs. It's what agents are paid to do.

Definitely.  If the agent is kicking about insisting on the clause too it could be true. 

37 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Yeah probably.  I’m just trying to put into perspective the guy posting the rumour who’s been ripped to bits mate. 

MarkDevriesScores4

Agent probably spoke with loads of clubs. Neilson stated there was no offer from Hearts. Simple. 

rudi must stay
59 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

That's disappointing. Honestly thought we were going to go for him. 

Ah well. More fish in the sea! 

Lawless is majorly underrated. Sort of player that doesn't do well for us often though. 

18 minutes ago, MarkDevriesScores4 said:

Agent probably spoke with loads of clubs. Neilson stated there was no offer from Hearts. Simple. 

It is.  It could be where posters got the info’ from though. 

LarrysRightFoot
30 minutes ago, MarkDevriesScores4 said:

Us, Aberdeen and Hibs all get offered the same players. 

16 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Sam Nicholson back in the UK

Looked like Edinburgh from his Instagram story 

Has he not been back for a couple of weeks now.

Neil Dongcaster
3 hours ago, OmiyaHearts said:

'Player xxx would be good.'

Say people who haven't seen them play for a couple of seasons...

When guys like John Murray can make a career out of ‘scouting’ players I think supporters chewing the fat on a forum can probably be excused of throw away comments on players.

TyphoonJambo
1 minute ago, 1874robbo said:

Cheers, thought he’d been back longer.

Did the rags not report he was looking round Bristol last week? 

18 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

His insta story was him on a plane with his dog doubt he would take the dog if he was just looking round Bristol 

Batistuta87
22 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

He flew Denver > Washington DC > London - arrived at Heathrow at 6:45 this morning based on regular flight timetables. Today is 100% his first day back in the UK. His Insta story was in Heathrow. Rather depressingly due to regular travel with work, I recognised the announcement you could hear in the background. 

Edited by Batistuta87