Hearts transfers (Cochrane goes on loan to Montrose)

dazajmbo

8 hours ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

How on earth could you possibly know that?

People have friends 

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff

• Bazzas right boot

Vlad the impaler

Hope we aren’t after Butcher,never impressed me anytime iv seen united and is a walking booking. If we can get Haring back fit he is 5 times the player imo

21 minutes ago, Vlad the impaler said:

Hope we aren’t after Butcher,never impressed me anytime iv seen united and is a walking booking. If we can get Haring back fit he is 5 times the player imo

I agree. I have watched him a few times and was a decent player for them in championship and not scared to get stuck in but would hope we would be a bit more ambitious with singings and think he has at least another 3 years on his contract so think money would be better spent elsewhere. 

Clerry Jambo
30 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

This Nisbet chat is really getting boring. The shiterags seem to be dining out on it as it's another chance to put the boot into us. The lad has made his bed, let him lie in it.

Correct, he just another lad with potential from the lower leagues.

He may well turn out a good one, but like many could find it difficult at a better level.

If we don't lose any of our front men then there's no room for him anyway, as Robbie has indicated already, the wide areas we certainly need to improve on with a "solid" midfielder.

23 minutes ago, Vlad the impaler said:

We do need an understudy to Haring as obviously we unfortunately can't count on his fitness (yet, hopefully). Not sure we have one in the squad unless young Hamilton can step up and play in there.  Mick Smith is the only other option for a protector type role in midfield, really (I don't go with the chat of Souttar or Halks in there - let them forge a partnership at the back).  Irving, Cochrane, Smith, Clare, Walker, even Naismith all useful but different types of midfielder

Not saying Butcher is the choice, but I do think we need a bit of steel in there and it may have been what we lacked most of all last season (except goalie).  The 2-2 game at St J was the perfect example of this - totally dominated them first half, then Toby Sibbick took ill and we just collapsed - yeah the goalie chucked a couple in, but we just couldn't stop them running over us for probably 30 mins of the second half.  We turned to jelly.  Someone like Haring stops that happening.

I wish we'd been able to sign Sibbick long term - he'd be perfect!!

19 hours ago, OTT said:

I would have said Enzo Zidane for the shirt sales, but he goes by Fernandez so thats a no-go :P 

Rhodes would be good but unnecessary since we have Boyce and Naisy. 

Wallace and MacLeod would both be solid signings, likewise Jimmy Dunne

All I would say would be expensive. 

Ethan Hamilton was one you missed. Edinburgh lad released from Man Utd. Worth looking at IMO. 

Big Celtic fan but class player shame it never worked out at Utd

MarkDevriesScores4

Can we put the Nisbet thing to bed. Robbie confirmed hearts made no offer. That’s good enough for me. It’s fairly clear form previous years that if hearts want a player that hibs also want, hearts get him. I have zero reason to think hibs could ever complete. 

Samuel Camazzola
7 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

You believe what you want mate, I know we did, funny how Neilson tried to get him for Dundee United when in the championship?. 

From a source at Dunfermline, we didn't lodge a bid therefore wouldn't have been in a position to talk to him. 

I feel you may have been fed a loose one here as Robbie's comments seem pretty accurate. 

350k for a striker that’s never played in top league is pretty mental when you think about it. Even more mental when u consider all the staff getting laid off and the pay cuts. Here’s hoping he has a shocking season👍

Absolute Scenes
4 minutes ago, maroon said:

350k for a striker that’s never played in top league is pretty mental when you think about it. Even more mental when u consider all the staff getting laid off and the pay cuts. Here’s hoping he has a shocking season👍

They've spent 850k on two strikers over the past two years. 500k for Tap-in Tommy and 350k for Roy Chubby.

Meanwhile we got Naismith, Washington and Boyce for the grand total of around 250k (boyce was the only one we paid a fee for i believe). They must be spewing.

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, SuperAustin said:

Heard we are after Callum butcher from Dundee Utd 

Please no. 

An utter cart horse. 

He is shite, a liability. 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Newton51 said:

Us getting him would be worse than us losing our case and paying all costs. 

A riddy of a player. 

I'd rather have a banana at centre half than him. 

hmfc_liam06
25 minutes ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

From a source at Dunfermline, we didn't lodge a bid therefore wouldn't have been in a position to talk to him. 

I feel you may have been fed a loose one here as Robbie's comments seem pretty accurate. 

Exactly. Pure agent talk trying to bum up his player.

37 minutes ago, maroon said:

Supposedly the fee was only £100k plus add ons. 

Batistuta87
36 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Please no. 

An utter cart horse. 

Haven't seen much of him, but without looking I'd much rather we weren't trying to buy players when there's a smorgasbord of out-of-contract Defensive Mids out there:

Andy Halliday (just left Rangers)

Chris McCann (Oldham)

Luke McCullough (Tranmere)

George Thorne (Oxford)

Joey Pelupessy (Sheff Wed)

Jason Lowe (Bolton)

Slightly more ambitious options:

Jack Colback (Newcastle)

Ethan Hamilton (Man Utd)

Liam Bridcutt (Notts Forest)

.... And those are just from a quick look at Scottish/English leagues on Transfermrkt. If I looked at all leagues I could probably find dozens more!

Also just noticed that Luke O'Nien has left Sunderland - he would be a cracking signing and I'd definitely be trying to snap him up. His versatility would add a lot of depth to the squad because he can play L/RB, L/RM and C/DM. From the Sunderland Til I Die documentary he seemed to have a superb attitude as well. 

Edited by Batistuta87

Bazzas right boot
14 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Haven't seen much of him, but without looking I'd much rather we weren't trying to buy players when there's a smorgasbord of out-of-contract Defensive Mids out there:

Andy Halliday (just left Rangers)

Chris McCann (Oldham)

Luke McCullough (Tranmere)

George Thorne (Oxford)

Joey Pelupessy (Sheff Wed)

Jason Lowe (Bolton)

Slightly more ambitious options:

Jack Colback (Newcastle)

Ethan Hamilton (Man Utd)

Liam Bridcutt (Notts Forest)

.... And those are just from a quick look at Scottish/English leagues on Transfermrkt. If I looked at all leagues I could probably find dozens more!

Also just noticed that Luke O'Nien has left Sunderland - he would be a cracking signing and I'd definitely be trying to snap him up. His versatility would add a lot of depth to the squad because he can play L/RB, L/RM and C/DM. From the Sunderland Til I Die documentary he seemed to have a superb attitude as well. 

He's honking. 

He's a centre half as well when I've seen him play. 

I shudder to think of him as a dm. 

Think Berra now, but slower and generally shiter. 

All your suggestions make more more sense, and just no signing butcher makes more sense. 

He's terrible. 

That boy left Sunderland, I liked him as well😂

Edited by Smith's right boot

SectionDJambo
1 hour ago, MarkDevriesScores4 said:

Can we put the Nisbet thing to bed. Robbie confirmed hearts made no offer. That’s good enough for me. It’s fairly clear form previous years that if hearts want a player that hibs also want, hearts get him. I have zero reason to think hibs could ever complete. 

There's a big difference between talking to a player, probably through his agent, to see what his ambitions are and the wages he would expect, and actually making a bid to sign him.

Have Dunfermline said we offered money for him? They have no reason to hide the facts, if we did. Unlike Nisbet, who knows that stretching the truth of a casual inquiry will be lapped up by the Hibs morons.

Batistuta87
8 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

He's honking. 

He's a centre half as well when I've seen him play. 

I shudder to think of him as a dm. 

Think Berra now, but slower and generally shiter. 

All your suggestions make more more sense, and just no signing butcher makes more sense. 

He's terrible. 

That boy left Sunderland, I liked him as well😂

Sounds like Glenn Whelan 😂

I've said probably half a dozen times that I'd absolutely love to sign Halliday. He'd be absolutely perfect and I think he would become a firm favourite with the fans. He's the type of player who will get stuck in, get in peoples' faces, all the sort of stuff you want from a ball-winner in the middle of the park. We really couldn't do much better at the moment, so long as he was willing to take the obvious wage cut that would come from moving from Rangers to Hearts, and that he's willing to spend a season in the Championship!

ford donald
10 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

Why did Neilson say we didn't then? Did we maybe just call up his agent to find out the situation? Neilson categorically said we didn't bid or make an offer.

Smoke and mirrors.

Batistuta87
6 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

O'Nien is a great shout if he's available. 

I might be wrong about his availbility... Transfermrkt says his contract ran out on 30th June 2020 but he still seems to be a Sunderland player. Can't see anything saying he's signed an extension, just something in Dec 2019 saying he was likely to. 

:berra:

Dunno. But aye, if he's available, he'd be a belter of a signing. 

1 hour ago, Absolute Scenes said:

They've spent 850k on two strikers over the past two years. 500k for Tap-in Tommy and 350k for Roy Chubby.

Meanwhile we got Naismith, Washington and Boyce for the grand total of around 250k (boyce was the only one we paid a fee for i believe). They must be spewing.

Aye, look at all the goals they scored and how we soared up the table after they signed....

We might have paid less but how much are we paying in wages in comparison. Most of those to a guy who's never off the treatment table.

hmfc_liam06
4 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

I might be wrong about his availbility... Transfermrkt says his contract ran out on 30th June 2020 but he still seems to be a Sunderland player. Can't see anything saying he's signed an extension, just something in Dec 2019 saying he was likely to. 

:berra:

Dunno. But aye, if he's available, he'd be a belter of a signing. 

Think he'd be out of our reach if we were in the Championship unfortunately but it's the sort of signing I'd want Hearts to make.

1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

Please no. 

An utter cart horse. 

This website should delete every single negative comment placed on Haulket if this boy is the way ahead. 

Batistuta87
Just now, hmfc_liam06 said:

Think he'd be out of our reach if we were in the Championship unfortunately but it's the sort of signing I'd want Hearts to make.

Yeah its a total step down as things stand. Some guys will be willing to take that temporary step down to be there when we're back where we belong though, challenging for Scottish Cups and European places. 

Calum Butcher is every bit a Championship player at best. A hammerthrower if there ever was one.

Joaquim Adao is still free. If we need someone just to kick players in the Championship, he'd not cost us a fee. 🤷

48 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Sounds like Glenn Whelan 😂

I've said probably half a dozen times that I'd absolutely love to sign Halliday. He'd be absolutely perfect and I think he would become a firm favourite with the fans. He's the type of player who will get stuck in, get in peoples' faces, all the sort of stuff you want from a ball-winner in the middle of the park. We really couldn't do much better at the moment, so long as he was willing to take the obvious wage cut that would come from moving from Rangers to Hearts, and that he's willing to spend a season in the Championship!

Totally agree. Halliday on a free would be an excellent bit of business. We’ve not had a player in that mould since Ian Black.

Bazzas right boot
49 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

This website should delete every single negative comment placed on Haulket if this boy is the way ahead. 

36 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Calum Butcher is every bit a Championship player at best. A hammerthrower if there ever was one.

Joaquim Adao is still free. If we need someone just to kick players in the Championship, he'd not cost us a fee. 🤷

Berra can do that for us. 

Butcher would be a horrendous signing. 

3 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Is he a CB or DM ?

1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

Butcher plays defensive mid for Dundee Utd, not Centerhalf. 

Butcher would be Pete Haring cover. There is no danger we should pay a fee for squad cover. 

I genuinely can't see RN being interested for that reason because there will be plenty free agents out there we can sign to kick people. 

Bazzas right boot
Just now, wavydavy said:

Is he a CB or DM ?

Cb when Ive watched him. 

He's never a midfielder of any sort  in 100 years, a complete lower league defender type. 

Boot, header, boot. 

3 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Cb when Ive watched him. 

He's never a midfielder of any sort  in 100 years, a complete lower league defender type. 

Boot, header, boot. 

Played Centerhalf for Dundee Utd 3 times last season. Played DM 23 times. 

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/calum-butcher/leistungsdatendetails/spieler/61813

Infact, he's played basically his whole career as a DM. https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/calum-butcher/leistungsdatendetails/spieler/61813

Edited by Cruyff

Bazzas right boot
5 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Butcher plays defensive mid for Dundee Utd, not Centerhalf. 

Butcher would be Pete Haring cover. There is no danger we should pay a fee for squad cover. 

I genuinely can't see RN being interested for that reason because there will be plenty free agents out there we can sign to kick people. 

Watched him V Dundee twice and hibs he was centre half, he's ****ing absolutely shite.  Seen him v someone else as well. 

If he wasn't ch, he was that far deep he looked like one, certainly played like one. 

Can't remember v us Tbh. 

Absolute cart horse either way. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Cruyff said:

Played Centerhalf for Dundee Utd 3 times last season. Played DM 23 times. 

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/calum-butcher/leistungsdatendetails/spieler/61813

Infact, he's played basically his whole career as a DM. https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/calum-butcher/leistungsdatendetails/spieler/61813

Fair doos. 

He's ****ing shite either way. 

Seemed to just header it away and kick folk, nothing said midfielder to me, hopefully we stay well clear. 

Absolute Scenes
41 minutes ago, davie1980 said:

Aye, look at all the goals they scored and how we soared up the table after they signed....

We might have paid less but how much are we paying in wages in comparison. Most of those to a guy who's never off the treatment table.

nonsense - Naismith was on to 20 goals the season he was injured, Washingtons injury was during a game and Boyce played a grand total of 6 games, sored 2 which is still 1 in 4

They spent half a million on a striker from the conference. Took him half a season to score a respectable amount of goals.  Shocking business

Batistuta87
28 minutes ago, lewis2006 said:

Totally agree. Halliday on a free would be an excellent bit of business. We’ve not had a player in that mould since Ian Black.

Halliday would be my top target as things stand. He's another one that can play a few different positions but in his primary role is exactly the kind of midfield bulldog type player that we're crying out for. 

I'd like Jordan Rossiter too. I don't have high hopes of Naismith staying fit all season and think he'd be a smashing addition to add some creativity and the odd goal, in a sort of Stevie G type all-rounder role. 

It’s understood Robbie Neilson has got the Tangerines’ midfielder on his Tynecastle transfer window wish list.

Neilson is a big fan of the experienced Englishman, who was a key part of United’s Championship success last season.

Linking up again with the 29-year-old would not be easy, however.

Not only is Butcher settled and happy at Tannadice, looking forward to playing top-flight football, he also has a contract running to 2023.

And Courier Sport understands that United have no intention of letting him leave this summer – and certainly not to Hearts.

4 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

It’s understood Robbie Neilson has got the Tangerines’ midfielder on his Tynecastle transfer window wish list.

Neilson is a big fan of the experienced Englishman, who was a key part of United’s Championship success last season.

Not only is Butcher settled and happy at Tannadice, looking forward to playing top-flight football, he also has a contract running to 2023.

And Courier Sport understands that United have no intention of letting him leave this summer – and certainly not to Hearts.

Stopped reading after "it is understood"

Absolute nonsense.

Ainsley Harriott
4 hours ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

He doesn't. 

It's completely made up. 

My first thought

Edited by Ainsley Harriott

11 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

While I have no desire whatsoever to see Butcher in a hearts jersey, Dundee United will be so strapped for cash after the adjudication that they'll gladly sell the likes of Butcher and despite their dislike for hearts if the money was on the table they'd bite our hand off

Ainsley Harriott
43 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

I would rather have Frank Butcher