Hearts transfers (Cochrane goes on loan to Montrose)

dazajmbo

12 minutes ago, ramrod said:

You truly love the Vermin  pal . 

Obbssed with bringing them into every thread . 

Name one other time.  Just one 😂😂

Can you play the topic and not the poster anyway? Gogic or Butcher? 

Edited by Last Laff

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff

• Bazzas right boot

Rick Sanchez

What the Dundee Utd fans are saying just now will tell you how it is. If a bid gets accepted, he'd turn shite. If they don't wanna lose him, he'll do a job in the championship.

Can't see Dundee Utd parting with a bid we'd be willing to make out of principle, unless Mellon doesn't fancy him. Can't see us bidding more than 100k, if anything in these times.

We don’t need to tbh.

10 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

You're a Crashing Bore  

1 minute ago, ramrod said:

You're a Crashing Bore  

And you’ve contributed zero but send me abuse a couple of times.  Unable to add to all they times I mysteriously bring up the shite are we?

Now bolt 👍

Edited by Last Laff

gorgieheart

Kane Hemmings is the Dundee player yet to agree to wage cut.. 

Not bad scoring record..

Do a job..?

Or not  ?  

Absolute Scenes
2 hours ago, Last Laff said:

Mansfield and that other shite he played for before coming back up north where though “pal”

****in glittering career the guys had that lead to him being a English non league Scottish championship jobber. 

Pretty sure Mansfield is the only non league team he’s played for. Don’t let another lie cloud your ever crumbling agenda. Also part of a Dundee untied team who skooshed the championship. Admit it, you’ve no really got a clue have you

Just now, Absolute Scenes said:

Pretty sure Mansfield is the only non league team he’s played for. Don’t let another lie cloud your ever crumbling agenda. Also part of a Dundee untied team who skooshed the championship. Admit it, you’ve no really got a clue have you

What agenda?  The guys pure pony.  Check the club after Mansfield he was on loan to before you pretty sure it and then try to give me a put down also.  Who gives a shit if he skooshed the championship?  we’re the third biggest club in Scotland mate 😂

Absolute Scenes
Just now, Last Laff said:

What agenda?  The guys pure pony.  Check the club after Mansfield he was on loan to before you pretty sure it and then try to give me a put down also.  Who gives a shit if he skooshed the championship?  we’re the third biggest club in Scotland mate 😂

I’ll ask you again and I expect a reasonable answer: what extensive knowledge or fact do you have,  to come to the conclusion that he is pony?

3 hours ago, Tennant's 6's said:

We could make up a really good, and really short, YouTube video of him.. 

Could be the shortest clip on YouTube

1 hour ago, Last Laff said:

Thought that myself.  He’s the most composed player we have and makes lots of space for himself with a knack of being in the right place.  For more intelligent than just a spoiler. 

He has a fantastic all round game. Great threat at corners too.

just needs to be fit or there is no point having him. 

2 hours ago, Famous 1874 said:

We could and should do far better than Calum Butcher, but if Neilson wants them then so be it 

Bauben and Gomis spring to mind on this one

27 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

If Haring had been fit we would not have a thread of 1600 pages. End of

Yeah we would. All about how he is the sex

33 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

If Haring had been fit we would not have a thread of 1600 pages. End of

Aye we would, but it would've been of our cup win.

Guest ToqueJambo
2 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Not slagging him off Tbh, from what I've seen he's shite, poor quality just an opinion. 

Bit different from slagging a Hearts player week in, week out but you knew that 

You might think differently and think he's decent, fair enough. 

I did also say that it's a team game

Robbie will have a better take on building a team than me, but as an individual footballer Butcher is very poor from what I've seen. 

Maybe a team needs his sort, we have maybe missed his type in the middle of the Park but from what I've seen he's the very definition of a hatchet man

If he signs I'll support him tho and not rip him every week, unlike some do to our players👍

We need someone like that tbh. I haven't seen enough of him, but a tough ball winner alongside a deeper lying playmaker type can be a great combination.

33 minutes ago, Jamie3lb said:

He has a fantastic all round game. Great threat at corners too.

just needs to be fit or there is no point having him. 

Very true.  I hope for him personally he manages that.  

38 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

I’ll ask you again and I expect a reasonable answer: what extensive knowledge or fact do you have,  to come to the conclusion that he is pony?

Watching him?  He’s slow, lazy in the tackle and hasn’t got a footballing brain.  He makes mistakes every time I’ve seen the guy play and is not the standard of player we should be looking at especially when the shite have just signed a stand out destroyer if that is what Robbie is looking for and he would have came to us over them any day of the week. 

You admit now you made a bit of a blunder trying to rip me while not even knowing he jobbed about at another non league side before coming back up to the Scottish Championship? Thought not.  I’ll show you some respect and not retaliate though, it’s not really my style. 

Edited by Last Laff

Unknown user
46 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

9 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Watching him?  He’s slow, lazy in the tackle and hasn’t got a footballing brain.  He makes mistakes every time I’ve seen the guy play and is not the standard of player we should be looking at especially when the shite have just signed a stand out destroyer if that is what Robbie is looking for and he would have came to us over them any day of the week. 

You admit now you made a bit of a blunder trying to rip me while not even knowing he jobbed about at another non league side before coming back up to the Scottish Championship? Thought not.  I’ll show you some respect and not retaliate though, it’s not really my style. 

You know how many quotes I had to go back to see who TF you're arguing about? :laugh:

How old is this guy if he's been playing in Scotland for 10 years and scrubbing around english non league for years before that? (I know nowt about him)

2 minutes ago, Smithee said:

You know how many quotes I had to go back to see who TF you're arguing about? :laugh:

How old is this guy if he's been playing in Scotland for 10 years and scrubbing around english non league for years before that? (I know nowt about him)

Sorry man.  Think he’s kicking 1874 😃

On 16/07/2020 at 12:20, Austin MacGlee said:

Would love to have him at Hearts. Wanted him when he was with Hamilton and was gutted we didn't move for him before he went to the huns.

He would be a great option for us. Nothing spectacular but the right type of player to cover a multitude of positions without compromising quality too much. Was good for Rangers in the Championship too if I recall correctly.

Would deffo take him , scored a lot goals that season. 

1 minute ago, maroon said:

Would deffo take him , scored a lot goals that season. 

He’s got a terrific attitude by all accounts and should be away playing at a higher level in England. Reminds me so much of McCarthur. 

1 hour ago, Last Laff said:

I think I’ve seen Butcher 2 or 3 times, probably the same as most of us. Every time he was a walking red card. Can’t say I noticed him being slow etc. If Robbie thinks he will add something then that’s good enough for me. He knows more about the lad than any of us.

And I’m not having the lad that Hibs just signed being labelled a ‘stand out destroyer’. He came from Hamilton ffs. Must have seen him over a dozen times and the only reason he stood out is because he wears bairns shinpads and rolls his socks down like a *****. 

Couple of interesting quotes I found.  This ones from playing for Millwall " Since joining Millwall, Butcher became a first team regular and played in the box to box midfielder as one of the reasons he joined the club".

This one from after getting promoted with Burton "Ahead of the 2016–17 season, Butcher was expected to play as a striker by Manager Nigel Clough, which he did once in the last game of the season against Doncaster Rovers".

I am assuming from that and his poor discipline for previous clubs and DU, he is not a natural Defensive player.  Anyone got footage of him tackling.

So are we saying Robbie knows nothing about a player he has worked with the last couple of years ? But KB know better ?

Guest ToqueJambo
2 hours ago, Last Laff said:

How have you managed to watch Butcher so much to write him off so quickly, especially with that kind of comment 🤣. He only played a half against us in the cup. 

And at the same time you manage to talk up Hibs signing Gogic as a "stand out". Compared to what? Gogic had made no senior appearances before Hamilton. He's 26 and last season was his first season as a first team regular at any club. On paper he has a much worse pedigree than the last two DMs they signed - Mulligan and the Swedish lad - who were both mostly terrible.

Guest ToqueJambo
4 hours ago, Last Laff said:

I'd take Haring back or Halkett or Michael Smith at DM ahead of both of them.

The thing that stands out about Hibs signings is they are all really punts, but they've been signed as first choice for key positions. Nisbet is the pick of the bunch but he could be the next Griffiths and score for fun or he could be the next Cummings and fail to score at a higher level. Wright and Gogic have very limited experience in mid table Sottish teams.

All of Jack Ross's permanent signings so far are bottom to mid-table SPFL quality - Paul McGinn, Nisbet, Wright and Gogic. They are perfectly fine signings to pad out the squad or to fill ONE key position. However, put them together with the players already at Hibs and you have a mid-table level team. And they're all mid to late-20s apart from Nisbet, so there's not much room to improve them. And generally players like Wright and Gogic improve by playing with much better players around them, which Hibs don't really have.

So unless Ross turns out to be some sort of miracle worker in terms of improving players or knitting average players into a good team, or unless they have some other signings up their hat (wouldn't be surprised to see a fat Griffiths pitch up on loan) their team and squad currently looks considerably worse than last season's.

Ross's recruitment so far reminds me most of Jim Duffy's (lower Scottish league players) or Paul Heckingbottom's (lower English league players) at Hibs in that he's signing too many average or below average players at the same time and attempting to build a whole team out of them to try to compete at a higher level than most of them are used to.

Put it this way, I'd be pleased if we'd made those signings to definfitely play in the Championship although I'd want more quality around them. I'd be shitting it if we were making those signings for the Premiership.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Captain Canada

I think the overall quality in the Premiership is going to be absolutely dire this year. There are probably about 8 teams as things stand that could easily go down. 

And if we were to win compensation and play in the Championship, that would leave teams with much less cash to make any decent signings. 

36 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

How have you managed to watch Butcher so much to write him off so quickly, especially with that kind of comment 🤣. He only played a half against us in the cup. 

And at the same time you manage to talk up Hibs signing Gogic as a "stand out". Compared to what? Gogic had made no senior appearances before Hamilton. He's 26 and last season was his first season as a first team regular at any club. On paper he has a much worse pedigree than the last two DMs they signed - Mulligan and the Swedish lad - who were both mostly terrible.

I watched Hamilton v us and both Celtic and Rangers and Gogic was exceptional and Brown was shitting himself even the game in Hamilton he was a complete stand out:  I couldn’t give a single shit who they sign either but I would have rather us signed him, Gogic or the boy Motherwell have spoiling the game than Butcher.  He was a stand out even in the games we played them, they went down to ten he was fantastic stepping back while still not allowing us to over run them.   I don’t understand if he’s cheap why not go for him instead of some jobber from Dundee Utd we have to pay money for.  

18 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

I'd take Haring back or Halkett or Michael Smith at DM ahead of both of them.

The thing that stands out about Hibs signings is they are all really punts, but they've been signed as first choice for key positions. Nisbet is the pick of the bunch but he could be the next Griffiths and score for fun or he could be the next Cummings and fail to score at a higher level. Wright and Gogic have very limited experience in mid table Sottish teams.

All of Jack Ross's permanent signings so far are bottom to mid-table SPFL quality - Paul McGinn, Nisbet, Wright and Gogic. They are perfectly fine signings to pad out the squad or to fill ONE key position. However, put them together with the players already at Hibs and you have a mid-table level team. And they're all mid to late-20s apart from Nisbet, so there's not much room to improve them. And generally players like Wright and Gogic improve by playing with much better players around them, which Hibs don't really have.

So unless Ross turns out to be some sort of miracle worker in terms of improving players or knitting average players into a good team, or unless they have some other signings up their hat (wouldn't be surprised to see a fat Griffiths pitch up on loan) their team and squad currently looks considerably worse than last season's.

Ross's recruitment so far reminds me most of Jim Duffy's (lower Scottish league players) or Paul Heckingbottom's (lower English league players) at Hibs in that he's signing too many average or below average players at the same time and attempting to build a whole team out of them to try to compete at a higher level than most of them are used to.

Put it this way, I'd be pleased if we'd made those signings to definfitely play in the Championship although I'd want more quality around them. I'd be shitting it if we were making those signings for the Premiership.

You would take two defenders ahead of a midfielder?

the rest, you know much more about Hibs and ranting on about them more than me.  That’s some knowledge like when I couldn’t give a shiney shite about them.

Gogic is a player we should have went for.  Not Mickey smith as DM :lol:  the rest again I couldn’t care who they get.  The St Johnstone laddie and James Forrests fat boyfriend who looks like he would own a tanning salon if he wasn’t a championship footballer. 

jamboinglasgow
8 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Sorry but I disagree, we need someone that can put themselves about in midfield, we have the technically gifted players in Cochrane, Irving, Smith, etc. 

All good teams have them. 

Its a good point. Must admit seeing Butcher linked to us was a bit underwhelming. But you right, that having someone who can provide a defensive base for the midfield allows more technical players to push forward. Haring had been ours and the cup final demonstrated what happens with the defence when you remove that protection.

Robbie will be aiming to build a team that is most successful, so each part is important and cant all be exciting signings. Some functional ones who do the dirty, unflashy role well are needed.

Will be interesting to see what we do with midfield.

First bid rejected.

The guy is a different option to Haring, bare in mind he has been close to a return a few times then he gets the pain back and has now missed 18-20 months of football? Even if he is 100% for start of season Haring will need rested from time to time, and he has said himself the injury is ok, can run and cycle no problem but when he kicks a ball he is getting pain, so there is every chance that he won't be able to play every game or spend a great deal of time training due to him being out for so long.  

Butcher is competition for that spot, competition is healthy. No problem with the signing, far better  option for defensive midfielder  than M.Martin, Tzoilis, Adao, Bozanic, Lee, Cochrane, Damour. 

The kind of player who will let Irving, Cochrane, Macdonald, Lee, etc to play more free and openly. We need a different kind of player in our midfield and he is a cheap option who could be a good fit. Robbie obviously knows him well and his playing style. Id rather that than a wyscout or youtube injury prone, journeyman. 

First bid rejected as i say, that was to be expected in any case. So I can see the deal eventually being done but it may take a week or 2 yet.

Hungry hippo

We could definitely do with a DCM. Not watched him enough to assess but Robbie obviously rates him and knows him better than us.

Jambo 4 Ever
1 hour ago, dazajmbo said:

First bid rejected.

The guy is a different option to Haring, bare in mind he has been close to a return a few times then he gets the pain back and has now missed 18-20 months of football? Even if he is 100% for start of season Haring will need rested from time to time, and he has said himself the injury is ok, can run and cycle no problem but when he kicks a ball he is getting pain, so there is every chance that he won't be able to play every game or spend a great deal of time training due to him being out for so long.  

Butcher is competition for that spot, competition is healthy. No problem with the signing, far better  option for defensive midfielder  than M.Martin, Tzoilis, Adao, Bozanic, Lee, Cochrane, Damour. 

The kind of player who will let Irving, Cochrane, Macdonald, Lee, etc to play more free and openly. We need a different kind of player in our midfield and he is a cheap option who could be a good fit. Robbie obviously knows him well and his playing style. Id rather that than a wyscout or youtube injury prone, journeyman. 

First bid rejected as i say, that was to be expected in any case. So I can see the deal eventually being done but it may take a week or 2 yet.

Yeh better than a foreign nobody who’s never heard of hearts 

1 hour ago, dazajmbo said:

First bid rejected.

If Haring’s injury is finally sorted (big IF obviously), then I’d love to see him playing with a solid DCM behind him, because he’s much better than a spoiler/destroyer.

5 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

Like Haring? Wheesht you xenophobic Daily Mail reading troll. 😄

I think it’s wise not being overly reliant on haring being fit all season and looking for a similar player.

My issue is more that we’re paying a fee for him. Obviously he’s someone who he knows and trust however with the situation it’s a buyers market and there’ll be more players available than usual.

All Butcher needs to do is win headers, tackle, win the ball and play a pass 5-10 yards. If he can do that stuff well, he'll do the job. The whole team is greater than the sum of its parts. 🤷

Edited by Cruyff

Bazzas right boot
5 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

All Butcher needs to do is win headers, tackle, win the ball and play a pass 5-10 yards. If he can do that stuff well, he'll do the job. The whole team is great than the sum of its parts. 🤷

This is true. 

Absolute Scenes
5 hours ago, Last Laff said:

admit it, you’ve never seen him play. you couldn’t get Simple facts about his time in Scotland right, I doubt you have ever even bothered to look at anything he’s done football wise. 

a destroyer 😂😂😂 that is a belter. A destroyer from the mighty Hamilton who finished a massive four points ahead of us in one of worst seasons we’ve had. Think I’ll sleep soundly we don’t have Gogic in our team. Think about the midfield they had 3 /4 years ago to now. Gogic is a huge step down for them. 

regarding the non league team drivel you were coming out with,  he played for two teams in one season so you can’t make out he was dragging around the bottom leagues for years on end. So to correct my one mistake, he played for two non league teams albeit on loan whilst being owned by another team. 

I honestly don’t know enough about this Butcher lad. Going by the comments of others though, he’s a spoiler, right?

So a diamond of:

Butcher

Haring - Irving

Naismith

Would surely be a decent midfield, if he’s any good at being a spoiler/destroyer/CDM?

Couple of attacking fullbacks, two solid central defenders and two good strikers and we are there. 🤷‍♂️

Edited by Special Officer Doofy

BackOfTheNet
6 hours ago, Natural Orders said:

Ugh. To be honest I much prefer players having no clue about Scottish football coming in with zero respect for any other team so they can play their game rather than young Scottish laddies who’ve only ever seen Rangers or Celtic on tv every week thinking that’s the holy grail and subsequently becoming a deer in headlights every time they play them.

See Neilson’s comments about Burley’s pre-game team talks or the start to the 2005-6 season if you’re wondering what I’m on about.

BackOfTheNet

As for this thread - truly is why I don’t like this forum at times. Butcher has both been labelled as someone who’s not a footballer who will be a risk of sendings off due to his rough tackling technique AND someone who is “lazy” in the tackle.

This is not just before he’s kicked a ball in anger in a Hearts shirt, but also before he’s even signed for the club.

You all know you can have an opinion on a subject without it being a strong opinion or one that cannot be altered in any way, right? My personal opinion of the possible signing is “meh”, due to the unnecessary need to spend money on a player in the market and his career to date. But I honestly don’t know enough about the guy to have a strong opinion either way - and that’s fine!

Some on here get so god damn entrenched and flip crazy if someone has the audacity to not share the same opinion, it’s madness. These are arguments that will continue in the pubs the entire season if he signs - and regardless of how he actually plays - I guarantee it.

TyphoonJambo
6 hours ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

I honestly don’t know enough about this Butcher lad. Going by the comments of others though, he’s a spoiler, right?

So a diamond of:

Butcher

Haring - Irving

Naismith

Would surely be a decent midfield, if he’s any good at being a spoiler/destroyer/CDM?

Couple of attacking fullbacks, two solid central defenders and two good strikers and we are there. 🤷‍♂️

Don't see any width in that team and Robbie has indicated he wants more speed down the wings 

6 hours ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

So a diamond of:

Butcher

Haring - Irving

Naismith

Irving really could be key next season. Someone to offer a bit of protection and give him time to play could work well. 

24 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

Don't see any width in that team and Robbie has indicated he wants more speed down the wings 

Wing backs?