Hearts transfers (Cochrane goes on loan to Montrose)

dazajmbo

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff

• Bazzas right boot

rudi must stay
25 minutes ago, Barack said:

Is Roberts any good? Genuinely wouldn't know him if he set my house on fire.

His career hints at a good wee signing

Hectormasson
1 hour ago, Kylejordan said:

Not a fan of this. We all remember the last speedster we signed who was at Inverness. Remind me what happened to him 🤔

Absolute charlatan.......🤮

1 hour ago, EH23-Jambo said:

Agreed. Kabamba plays like that regularly whereas Uche plays like that 1 in 10 games. 

Pretty sure Uche's ratings after 11 appearances was extremely high ? I remember the arrogant Sutton stating that Celtic should sign him

Kabamba may well turn out to be a succesful signing but , looking at his previous clubs , there would have been an uproar on here if we had even thought about signing him

Clark Griswold

I thought Mulraney looked good in flashes but ultimately not consistent enough. Let’s hope this lad hits the ground running if he signs 

Jamboscanbevicius

Is Roberts naturally left or right footed? Just wondering if this is instead of Frear, or in addition to him. Would be good to have options on both sides of the park for once and not have to play boys out of position!

kingantti1874
1 hour ago, EH23-Jambo said:

Agreed. Kabamba plays like that regularly whereas Uche plays like that 1 in 10 games. 

When he first arrived, before he broke his foot  he was amongst our most important players, never a world beater but extremely effective ..clear he has been stripped of all confidence..  Same as Berra.  Rushed back before ready and then lost it. 

Berra than you
6 minutes ago, Jamboscanbevicius said:

Is Roberts naturally left or right footed? Just wondering if this is instead of Frear, or in addition to him. Would be good to have options on both sides of the park for once and not have to play boys out of position!

Not sure about of he is left or right footed, but he is definitely a left midfielder. Frear I'm not sure on.

Maroonblood22
48 minutes ago, Gulf Jambo said:

Most likely that isn't what would happen. 

The reason that it would be a loan to obligated purchase would be because Bologna aren't able to pay now, or don't have the liquid cash due to virus etc like many others

Yeah that would be true for loan with obligated purchase, I was explaining the 'loan fee scenario' to KiwiDoug 👍

That could be either one of them to be honest! Are they twins!? 

Hemmings:

D12FA4F9-A7EA-4EDA-A764-ACFA2ACBDAAE.jpeg

Roberts:

5AF025E1-A91D-401A-B609-C353DB3EA1A6.jpeg

🤨

Edited by Batistuta87

Berra than you
1 minute ago, Batistuta87 said:

Hemmings:

Roberts:

🤨

Not kane hemmings in the top image. He's never played for Falkirk.

5 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Hemmings:

Roberts:

🤨

I think the top one there is Alex Jakubiak who's just signed for Dundee. Certainly isn't Hemmings.

The player in the earlier photo is clearly Roberts.

LarrysRightFoot
26 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

nice finish 

Some goal. The words injury ravaged season must make him a certainty for us. 

27 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

When he first arrived, before he broke his foot  he was amongst our most important players, never a world beater but extremely effective ..clear he has been stripped of all confidence..  Same as Berra.  Rushed back before ready and then lost it. 

Uche has been one of the players who seems to have worked his socks off during the lockdown. He was almost unplayable at times

24 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Hemmings:

Roberts:

🤨

My mistake - the guy in the Falkirk top came up when I Googled Hemmings. Didnt even notice the Falkirk top haha, assumed it was Dundee since it was navy, Sorry lads, first day back at work in over 2 weeks so I'm on the dozy side today! 

Anyway this IS Hemmings, he seems to be taller and bigger built than the lad at Riccarton, who I'm now agreeing is Roberts. Maybe he's just borrowed Callumn Morrison's training gear. Or maybe its CW / Conor Washington if he's leaving and isn't at training. 

Kane Hemmings (@kaneh10_) | Twitter

Edited by Batistuta87

2 minutes ago, bazman said:

Uche has been one of the players who seems to have worked his socks off during the lockdown. He was almost unplayable at times

Get away from using Uche as a battering ram and play him like we did when he first arrived. The guy can play, but he was poorly used by CL. As opposed to him holding off 2 or 3 defenders, have him running at those defenders as he did when we beat Celtic 1-0. As a defender I would not fancy Uche running at me as opposed to standing my ground with him. He is not nearly as poor as some would have you believe. Give him confidence and use him properly and we have a very useful player. 

4 minutes ago, David Black said:

Get away from using Uche as a battering ram and play him like we did when he first arrived. The guy can play, but he was poorly used by CL. As opposed to him holding off 2 or 3 defenders, have him running at those defenders as he did when we beat Celtic 1-0. As a defender I would not fancy Uche running at me as opposed to standing my ground with him. He is not nearly as poor as some would have you believe. Give him confidence and use him properly and we have a very useful player. 

he always looked more comfortable playing slightly wider and being able to play with the defenders in front of him

1 minute ago, Gav M said:

he always looked more comfortable playing slightly wider and being able to play with the defenders in front of him

Exactly. Having Uche running at you must be a terrifying experience.

Just now, David Black said:

Exactly. Having Uche running at you must be a terrifying experience.

it's not just that  in the few time you actually seen him doing that, he had fairly quick feet and also was far better at spotting who/what was around him. rather than being boxed in, back to goal  no support and invariably trying to do everything himself, falling over or picking the wrong option

Leveins Battalion

Bringing guys in on trial and actually looking at them,seeing them play gives me great hope.

Guys coming to Hearts need to earn it,it is an absoloute privelage to play for this club and hopefully this

signals the end of willy nilly deals being handed out.

I'm optimistic about the future.

2 hours ago, Kylejordan said:

Very true. So that takes Manchester United off of the list. Honestly thought that rashford guy would do very well upfront for us 😂

Rashford would be a better keeper than what we got from them! :biggrin2:

1 hour ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Got banned from the transfer thread for some reason so I can’t post it there

looks like a potential new player having a medical at Oriam today, initials CM. Looks like Mulraney but with more Sean Clare hair style, so could be Hemmings 

FD3634F5-A141-4E04-BD85-221BDD416AEB.png

It's 2020 - most people are walking around with a minimum 10MP camera on their phones.  How can photos like this still be blurry and impossible to clearly work out who is in them? :seethe: 

1 hour ago, Berra than you said:

Not sure about of he is left or right footed, but he is definitely a left midfielder. Frear I'm not sure on.

Frear can play as a winger or wing back on the left side . So if we sign him and Roberts then I would imagine White or Garuccio will be leaving as well as Hickey.

18 minutes ago, David Black said:

Totally agree with this. I liked it when he played out on the right. Play to his strengths - play him somewhere where he can run at players with the ball at his feet, because nobody in their right mind will stand in his way if he's running at them full pelt - not unless they have a death wish. He's much better doing that than playing as a deep lying forward who gets the ball played into his feet and he has to hold up the ball and get into wrestling matches with defenders. They just bounce off him and the ref gives a foul against him. The amount of times last season where he's done nothing other than stand his ground and a defender has hit the ground after running into him was astounding. He was very harshly treated by referees at times. He wasn't always innocent of course, because he'd get frustrated and start throwing elbows and arms around, and hitting the deck himself unnecessarily, which is never going to get you anywhere. I really hope he stays next season because I think he will be an absolute unit in the Championship and that physical presence will be invaluable. 

1 hour ago, Clark Griswold said:

I thought Mulraney looked good in flashes but ultimately not consistent enough. Let’s hope this lad hits the ground running if he signs 

I think Mulraney was one of those players that needed to have an arm round him and praise him to help him along. He was easily frustrated and allowed that to get to him. He could have been a decent player with the right coaching but just as you say he lacks consistency.

1 hour ago, JamboAl said:

Could be Rassambek Akhmatov?

Not sure if that was just meant to be a joke Al but here is a picture of Akhmatov which I am sure you are more than capable pf finding on the internet.

Rassambek Akhmatov - FC Miami City

21 minutes ago, tian447 said:

It's 2020 - most people are walking around with a minimum 10MP camera on their phones.  How can photos like this still be blurry and impossible to clearly work out who is in them? 

10MP camera is nothing without an optical zoom!

43 minutes ago, David Black said:

I'm one of the people who will agree with you on that. CL obviously wanted him to do a specific job playing him in that role,  and it's a pity because Uche went from hero to zero in some people's eyes because of that. His best playing was when he ran at defenders.

1 minute ago, kila said:

10MP camera is nothing without an optical zoom!

That is true, but most phones are capable of taking a picture of something ~50 metres away and having reasonable detail visible :thumbsup: 

8 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Totally agree with this. I liked it when he played out on the right. Play to his strengths - play him somewhere where he can run at players with the ball at his feet, because nobody in their right mind will stand in his way if he's running at them full pelt - not unless they have a death wish. He's much better doing that than playing as a deep lying forward who gets the ball played into his feet and he has to hold up the ball and get into wrestling matches with defenders. They just bounce off him and the ref gives a foul against him. The amount of times last season where he's done nothing other than stand his ground and a defender has hit the ground after running into him was astounding. He was very harshly treated by referees at times. He wasn't always innocent of course, because he'd get frustrated and start throwing elbows and arms around, and hitting the deck himself unnecessarily, which is never going to get you anywhere. I really hope he stays next season because I think he will be an absolute unit in the Championship and that physical presence will be invaluable. 

Agree with a lot of what you say, but he was not as innocent as you make out.

When the ball is played up to him, his first move is always to grab hold of the defenders jersey. This give the ref an easy option to penalize him.

If he would just concentrate on getting the ball under control he may get on a bit better, cos he seemed to need 2,3,4 touches to control the ball, I think a lot of it caused by his fixation with grabbing hold of the defenders jersey

Agree he is far better running at defenders., but do feel we can do better than him.

Just now, merrymac said:

When the ball is played up to him, his first move is always to grab hold of the defenders jersey. This give the ref an easy option to penalize him.

If he would just concentrate on getting the ball under control he may get on a bit better, cos he seemed to need 2,3,4 touches to control the ball, I think a lot of it caused by his fixation with grabbing hold of the defenders jersey

Agree he is far better running at defenders., but do feel we can do better than him.

Definitely - like I said, not always innocent and was bad for throwing arms and elbows, and as you say, grabbing. We could do better normally, but I think he'll be one of the better players in the Championship and will certainly be feared. I know someone who plays for QoS, and he is NOT looking forward to playing against him. Would be great if every defender in the league feels that way - they will back off him, and he should take full advantage of that, play up to it, and make a nuisance of himself. 

6 minutes ago, merrymac said:

Classic example being when he fell over the ball on the half way line.

He was capable of brilliance - and started off very well. Just very inconsistent but like others have said CL wanted him to be a target man and a bully.

I hope he stays and works hard but I can't see it.

Seymour M Hersh
2 hours ago, Barack said:

Think he'll be getting traded to the Iowa Tornadoes very soon.

That'll be a blow. 

Oh, and where did you get wind of that from? 

Edited by Seymour M Hersh

Rick Sanchez

I hope we spend less time on the 'right people with the right character and personality' and try and sign players who have to the baws to play at Tynie.

Infact, did we even actually do that? We got a lot of smoke blown up our arses I'll tell ye.

2 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Definitely - like I said, not always innocent and was bad for throwing arms and elbows, and as you say, grabbing. We could do better normally, but I think he'll be one of the better players in the Championship and will certainly be feared. I know someone who plays for QoS, and he is NOT looking forward to playing against him. Would be great if every defender in the league feels that way - they will back off him, and he should take full advantage of that, play up to it, and make a nuisance of himself. 

Glad to see a wee bit of Uche-love going on today... I always thought he had a role to play with us. Not nearly as bad as some have made out in the past, imo.

Totally agree with the 'running at defenders' as opposed to having his back to them. He's never going to the benefit of the doubt with our officials... and also, as has been noted, shirt pulling! I fecking hate seeing that, bit of a bug bare of mine! It's so obvious to officials and an instant foul/card. Feckin needless! rant over.

Think Uche would be a hit in the Championship tho.

6 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Jordan Roberts training at Riccarton. He’s a winger.

That's defo the guy in the blurred pic above.

Gordon 

Smith    Halkett   Souttar    Kingsley 

Haring 

O. Lee                           Frear

Roberts                  Naismith 

Boyce 

Decent 

:sadrobbo: