Hearts transfers (Cochrane goes on loan to Montrose)

dazajmbo

34 minutes ago, Musemic said:

Only problems is he's out of contract at the end of the season so the fee would only need to be a development fee.

2m  loan fee for the season please (assume Celtic get hee haw of that?)

If it is a loan then buy it will be a pre arranged fee we would get not a development fee. 

Guessing Bologna (like many) are feeling the financial strain so would rather delay the fee. 

Guessing we would get a few hundred grand now then the rest next summer

And no we couldn't do a 2m loan fee then sell cheap. 

I'm sure Celtic would have us in court sharpish

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff

• Bazzas right boot

TyphoonJambo
5 minutes ago, Dunks said:

I'm sure Nisbet said himself that Hearts offered more than Hibs, but he wanted to go to his boyhood heroes.

With McGinn, there was a 6 figure development fee and only Hibs were prepared to take the gamble.

If his boyhood heroes were Hubz then **** him . We don't need players with low expectations. 

Just now, TypoonJambo said:

If his boyhood heroes were Hubz then **** him . We don't need players with low expectations. 

:spoton:

8 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

Exactly. 

16 minutes ago, Gulf Jambo said:

If it is a loan then buy it will be a pre arranged fee we would get not a development fee. 

Guessing Bologna (like many) are feeling the financial strain so would rather delay the fee. 

Guessing we would get a few hundred grand now then the rest next summer

And no we couldn't do a 2m loan fee then sell cheap. 

I'm sure Celtic would have us in court sharpish

I'm sure this won't happen, but what could Celtic do if we negotiated a loan fee with a club for one of our players and then let the players contract run down? They have a vested interest in the sale of the player, what we decide to do with said player whilst contracted to us is really none of their business surely?

Bazzas right boot
59 minutes ago, hunts said:

Neilson took a chance on Shankland at United though, so maybe more likely we will see signings like this in the future.  No too sure about the rest of the signings he made at Utd right enough.. Pawlett, Connolly, Butcher, Sow not exactly young with potential 

Shankland wasn't a " chance" signing for Utd in the championship, he'd been regularly scoring there for a few seasons, "as sure a thing" as you could get Tbh. 

27 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

And he chooses the number 15 shirt hahah.

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

True. A bizarre decision which probably cost us, though not as costly as playing feckin poppadom paws.

Yeah, stendel might have been good in a summer window, but he was finding his feet and expermenting at the wrong club at the wrong time. 

Shame. 

Nucky Thompson
34 minutes ago, Dunks said:

I'm sure Nisbet said himself that Hearts offered more than Hibs, but he wanted to go to his boyhood heroes.

Hearts never offered him a contract. Straight from Robbie's mouth

37 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Is Washington away yet? 

Won't be going to charlton any time soon as their change of ownership fell through 

1 minute ago, bazman said:

Won't be going to charlton any time soon as their change of ownership fell through 

Cheers 👍 

1 hour ago, Dunks said:

With McGinn, there was a 6 figure development fee and only Hibs were prepared to take the gamble.

Sure he’s a Hibs fan?  Not saying it’s impossible but he’s Glaswegian. 

He did play for a Hibs youth team before going to Partick.  

gowestjambo
2 hours ago, Debut 4 said:

I think we need alot mate. We could do with a Washington type, a decent finisher but more importantly, a strong midfield and wide men knitting it together. 

It’s somewhat became an obsession for Hearts fans to go on about a 20 a season man but our problems lie deeper than that imo.  We had Lafferty recently who got 12 in a league campaign and around 19 overall. We finished 6th.

We need a stronger force coming from behind our forwards. Better play through the full backs and midfielders. We’ve been too weak there, whether that’s been down to the way we were set up or personnel.  

Im not getting into a slanging match over players. I just feel there’s a few who get lauded but simply aren’t good enough. We’re now seeing some leave whether through choice or circumstance.  

Agreed, and your first sentence sums it up!! Why we have neglected the midfield is criminal over the last few years.....

1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

playing him up front and not in central midfield will help lol. A huge mistake by stendel

To be fair we were playing with 5 strikers on the pitch each game then and he was playing with an injury - his back was ****ed I think.

kingantti1874
6 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

To be fair we were playing with 5 strikers on the pitch each game then and he was playing with an injury - his back was ****ed I think.

he was defo hurt. Shouldn’t be playing anywhere but 9

2 hours ago, Dunks said:

Don’t let the truth get in the way of a good story.

My mate is a St Mirren fan (I know) and he said that Tommy Craig almost ruined McGinn’s career by surrounding him with shite. He had a poor last season with St Mirren and was meant to be going out to the states before hibs took a risk on him. They didn’t even want to pay the development fee, instead negotiated a higher sell on fee.

fabienleclerq
3 hours ago, Musemic said:

Only problems is he's out of contract at the end of the season so the fee would only need to be a development fee.

2m  loan fee for the season please (assume Celtic get hee haw of that?)

I don't see that as a problem as the fee would be agreed first. 

44 minutes ago, fabienleclerq said:

I don't see that as a problem as the fee would be agreed first. 

Please can we stop all this nonsense about him being loaned back if he goes to Bologna

Hickey has already been told he will be number 2 to their current left back and will play if he gets injured..but he will be part of the first team squad.

He will not be sent out on loan which is why he is attracted to the move

He goes, we get a fee, we pay Celtic their cut and we can try to negotiate a sell on clause...there really is nothing more than that to that particular deal. Please no nonsense about trying to cut Celtic out of any fee for that is all it is nonsense

Re other clubs who knows but keeping him on loan is not part of any current deal with other clubs 

1 hour ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Kane Hemmings for me would be a shrewd signing.👍

Saw him live a couple of times when he was in league2. He was gantin!

Leveins Battalion
2 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Very decent in Scottish Football, Robbie will have seen him last season and Berra played with him so if there is anything in the rumour I am happy with that.

5 hours ago, stevie1874 said:

Give him the service and Boyce will score goals.

This. Like just about everyone he was injured for most of his time here. I’ve every faith in him. He’s quality 

3 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

This. Like just about everyone he was injured for most of his time here. I’ve every faith in him. He’s quality 

I also don't think Stendel knew how to use him, he seemed to be dropping very deep in a lot of games while Washington led the line

Batistuta87
4 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

playing him up front and not in central midfield will help lol. A huge mistake by stendel

Washington was a false 9 under Stendel. Part of that role is operating almost as a box to box central midfielder - lying deep, unmarked, looking for space opening up and then using your pace to get there. It's very effective if you're fit and quick enough but he never really was with the injuries he was carrying and often ran out of steam. He did it well against Hibs at Easter Road, but then that's probably the best game we got out of many of our players last season. 

1 hour ago, CJGJ said:

Please can we stop all this nonsense about him being loaned back if he goes to Bologna

Hickey has already been told he will be number 2 to their current left back and will play if he gets injured..but he will be part of the first team squad.

He goes, we get a fee, we pay Celtic their cut and we can try to negotiate a sell on clause...there really is nothing more than that to that particular deal. Please no nonsense about trying to cut Celtic out of any fee for that is all it is nonsense

Re other clubs who knows but keeping him on loan is not part of any current deal with other clubs 

How do you know that? 
If he ends up at Celtic this month which of their teams do you think he will play for this season? 

Rick Sanchez

Full squad in tomorrow with full contact training and 11 v 11's during the week. Could see a few trialists and rumours starting from tomorrow.

John mcCartney
4 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Full squad in tomorrow with full contact training and 11 v 11's during the week. Could see a few trialists and rumours starting from tomorrow.

great news chief !

kingantti1874
21 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Washington was a false 9 under Stendel. Part of that role is operating almost as a box to box central midfielder - lying deep, unmarked, looking for space opening up and then using your pace to get there. It's very effective if you're fit and quick enough but he never really was with the injuries he was carrying and often ran out of steam. He did it well against Hibs at Easter Road, but then that's probably the best game we got out of many of our players last season. 

It didn’t work, we also played Naismith deep. A total waste.

15 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Maybe even a signing in next couple of days. 

19 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Betfred Cup group stage draw tomorrow too.

1 hour ago, JimmyCant said:

At Mansfield Town?

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Kane Hemmings for me would be a shrewd signing.👍

He'd give me a lift. 

Anything in the Hemmings chat or just speculation? Would be a very handy option to have up front even in the premiership.

Batistuta87
37 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

It didn’t work, we also played Naismith deep. A total waste.

Aye it didn't work. You need to be super fit and well drilled to play a false 9 with a high press.

Apologies, I thought you actually thought he was positioned in the line up as a centre mid.

6 minutes ago, Jambo92 said:

Anything in the Hemmings chat or just speculation? Would be a very handy option to have up front even in the premiership.

image.jpeg.fb999f7d65774cd1bde09aa69747aeb7.jpeg

He’s currently abroad.

August Landmesser
15 minutes ago, The Spy Who Loved Me said:

He’s currently abroad.

Eligible for the women's team then?

heartsfc_fan
17 minutes ago, The Spy Who Loved Me said:

He’s currently abroad.

We'll have to do a zoom call to sign him. He'll have to isolate for 14 days when he comes back 🤣

If Washington leaves we have Boyce, Naismith and Uche left. Not even going to include Wighton.

We could do with one more, but not Hemmings.

4 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

If Washington leaves we have Boyce, Naismith and Uche left. Not even going to include Wighton.

We could do with one more, but not Hemmings.

Uche imo will be offski too. 

jamboinglasgow
1 hour ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Will be interesting to see, though will be good to see the whole squad together.

kingantti1874
2 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Uche imo will be offski too. 

I would actually keep him for the championship. Very effective at that level 

tolcross lad
2 hours ago, CJGJ said:

Its not a loan back.

Douglas Alexander in the Sunday Times(I cant provide a link)-

"The arrangement would see Hickey join on loan with immediate effect then sign permanently next summer "He described it as a" loan to buy deal"

This report suggests it is not as straightforward a deal as we would expect which has led to the speculation as to why it would be set up this way.

9 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

I would actually keep him for the championship. Very effective at that level 

Same. I'd keep them all for the Championship. Even Wighton was scoring in that league. 

We've got a new manager and we'll be miles better for it. No point in signing anyone this season except the odd one or two.