Robbie Neilson is back

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Jingle Bells
40 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

That's been the issue in the footballing dept for def. Levein deferred lots of responsibility to his lieutenants, McPhee, Daly and Fox, but they were only "coaches" so nothing was on their shoulders, right?

He deferred responsibility for culture and attitude to his older pros. Again, that didn't work cos other than Naisy, who got injured (and Berra pre injury), none of them did it. And there's another problem. Relying on others for leadership, if they disappear for some reason, you've got a collapse.

Robbie will be hands on. It'll be crystal clear who the players need to listen to, they'll have nowhere to hide in cracks within authority. That doesn't mean it'll work, but it's a much healthier setup than the one Levein fostered, for sure.

The thing is a football savvy CEO would have seen through the above, when the Football Dept reported to the Board and taken action when the warning signs first appeared.

We can't continue to make the same mistakes on the footballing side of the Club, which is the "Core Business".

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Bongo 1874

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

1 minute ago, Jingle Bells said:

The thing is a football savvy CEO would have seen through the above, when the Football Dept reported to the Board and taken action when the warning signs first appeared.

We can't continue to make the same mistakes on the footballing side of the Club, which is the "Core Business".

Agreed. Ann swallowed the injuries excuse too long. I did too, tbh. It was quite the plague. It was handled terribly though. We should be swimming in jam by now!!

The amount of games where we basically just didn't attack!! I mean, there was just no desire to get people in the box, no midfielders breaking lines etc. We'd put cross after cross into the box or long balls up but with max one target. We didn't have any fit CFs or maybe one plus McLean, so we needed to commit numbers in support and had plenty players capable of that. It was shocking mismanagement, injuries or not.

22 hours ago, vlad on the tyne said:

Sounds like jig mcculloch and Gordon Forrest are going to end up as Robbie"s assistants again. Sun claiming they don't want the managers job at Tannadice. 

Looks like Tuesday or Wednesday if the statement made on the McClaren thread is true.  

::fonzie:

Dusk_Till_Dawn
On 28/06/2020 at 21:42, Space Pirate said:

I will, but how many times are you going to tell me that without questioning anything? 

You and JamboAL don't have maroon tinted specs, you have maroon clouded specs and i'm starting to wonder if you're pals with some of the failures at Hearts. 

spot on

vlad on the tyne

Sun reporting/speculating we paid 150k compo to get Robbie back. Thats a hoor of a compo package if true. 

11 hours ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

spot on

Still trolling Dawn?

If you can't play the ball, just keep attacking the man.

On 28/06/2020 at 21:42, Space Pirate said:

I will, but how many times are you going to tell me that without questioning anything? 

You and JamboAL don't have maroon tinted specs, you have maroon clouded specs and i'm starting to wonder if you're pals with some of the failures at Hearts. 

Where did you buy your green ones?

• 2 months later...
Toxteth O'Grady
On 21/06/2020 at 23:11, John mcCartney said:

This is another geezer who is splitting us lot down the middle and judging by the comments,utterly polarising .

Ann likes the divide and conquer scenario
All the work she has put into re the fiasco might come undone with this appointment altho I fecking hope not.I sincerely hope Neilsen has learned from his experiences in the past 6 years.

It seems not.

11 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Comes as a massive shock likes. Another jobs for the boys appointment 

If he wins matches and gets us Straight back up he will have likely passed the test for me. 

Toxteth O'Grady
1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

If he wins matches and gets us Straight back up he will have likely passed the test for me. 

My Granny could do that with our resources compared to the rest

3 minutes ago, Toxteth O'Grady said:

My Granny could do that with our resources compared to the rest

We should have signed her then as bound to have been cheaper than Robbie. 

Toxteth O'Grady
1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

We should have signed her then as bound to have been cheaper than Robbie. 

Unfortunately she departed this earth 40 odd years ago 

1 minute ago, Toxteth O'Grady said:

Unfortunately she departed this earth 40 odd years ago 

Oh well, that is unfortunate. 

what success criteria would you set him for the coming season then?

Toxteth O'Grady
2 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Oh well, that is unfortunate. 

what success criteria would you set him for the coming season then?

Winning the next Scottish Cup tie for starters

Toxteth O'Grady
4 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Lose that and he’s gone? 

I'd rather he packed his bags tomorrow but yes if he fails again against them he has to go.

Edited by Toxteth O'Grady

I'd rather he packed his bags tomorrow but yes if he fails again against them he has to go.

Regardless of what I think, he will never recover if he loses that cup tie. He will be hounded out. 

Just now, Toxteth O'Grady said:

Hopefully that’s in his contract then ( I imagine/hope promotion is ) or it will be expensive, if we are to do that. 

A_A wehatethehibs

Hasn’t took him long to make a “moneyspinner” style arse of it at a time when the club is trying to rebuild relations with the fans. 

Of course it will get forgotten if we win games but he’s put himself in a position where the fans are already pissed off before a ball has even been kicked. Basically if we’re not top of the league after 3 games and in the cup final, the fans will be double as angry as we otherwise would have been. Idiot

Toxteth O'Grady

Hopefully that’s in his contract then ( I imagine/hope promotion is ) or it will be expensive, if we are to do that. 

Wasting money is par for the course though.

Edited by Toxteth O'Grady

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

Regardless of what I think, he will never recover if he loses that cup tie. He will be hounded out. 

Which is why the appointment was always on the back foot and a silly one IMO. If he loses that and they win the cup, he’ll have been involved in both Hibs cup wins, there is no surviving that. Any poor performance in the bet fred, not winning the opening games of the season, all the negativity around his last tenure will just come back 10 fold with the fans. 

3 minutes ago, Toxteth O'Grady said:

😂😂😂

Clearly the cup tie is irrelevant for you regarding whether he should stay or go. What a strange viewpoint to hold of a fairly successful manager. 

Wasting money is par for the course though.

I think his future depends on our league campaign as cup tie results are less predictable generally. Of course, if we get a heavy defeat then that could well change things. 

I tried reading up this thread to see what blasphemy Robbie has committed to warrant the rage and froth. But got bored with all the, must go if he fails and nonsence about AB. Anyone care to share what terrible deed he has done? Must be very bad to have the last page of comments I just waded through.

Toxteth O'Grady
Just now, davemclaren said:

I think his future depends on our league campaign as cup tie results are less predictable generally. Of course, if we get a heavy defeat then that could well change things. 

I think that is true, Ann won't be bothered if we get beat off Hibs, she'll still have a glass of vino and a cozy wee chat with Leanne

A_A wehatethehibs
Just now, JamboAndrew said:

I tried reading up this thread to see what blasphemy Robbie has committed to warrant the rage and froth. But got bored with all the, must go if he fails and nonsence about AB. Anyone care to share what terrible deed he has done? Must be very bad to have the last page of comments I just waded through.

The decision to help out our good pals at St Mirren and the SPFL premiership was his. 

1 minute ago, busby1985 said:

Which is why the appointment was always on the back foot and a silly one IMO. If he loses that and they win the cup, he’ll have been involved in both Hibs cup wins, there is no surviving that. Any poor performance in the bet fred, not winning the opening games of the season, all the negativity around his last tenure will just come back 10 fold with the fans. 

It’s a fair enough point but Ann Budge obviously didn’t fancy DS for the championship and her priority has to be getting back to the top flight. She’s picked a guy who’s record in that league is as good as it gets imo. Has to be said as well, Robbie didn’t have to come back. He could’ve easily have stuck it out at United rather than came back to us to lead us in a league that many think might not even be completed. I’m not jumping hoops about him being back but it’s not (on the face of it) a bad appointment, a bit safe maybe. 

Just now, Toxteth O'Grady said:

I think that is true, Ann won't be bothered if we get beat off Hibs, she'll still have a glass of vino and a cozy wee chat with Leanne

If we best them by three goals will you change your mind? 😄

iI’ll let you into a secret, that's how most football club chairmen and directors behave. 

Toxteth O'Grady

If we best them by three goals will you change your mind? 😄

iI’ll let you into a secret, that's how most football club chairmen and directors behave. 

Yes, you can hold me to that.

Some more than others.

2 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

The decision to help out our good pals at St Mirren and the SPFL premiership was his. 

Great. He showed maturity and that we dont have a horrible wee guy complex. Well done Robbie. Unlike people like Celtic, who refuse to even loan the wee team players after the John McFatarse scenario.

Throwing toys out of the pram would have made us look like sad sack losers. And that is done by Hibs and the like. Not us.

Honestly, these keyboard hardmen really don't help us. It makes us look all hibs. It's embarrassing. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
23 minutes ago, OldGorgie said:

Not one ball kicked yet some already looking to have Robbie replaced. You couldn’t make it up.

I wouldn’t worry. You can be bottom of the league and Ann will back you to the hilt

59 minutes ago, JamboAndrew said:

Great. He showed maturity and that we dont have a horrible wee guy complex. Well done Robbie. Unlike people like Celtic, who refuse to even loan the wee team players after the John McFatarse scenario.

Throwing toys out of the pram would have made us look like sad sack losers. And that is done by Hibs and the like. Not us.

Honestly, these keyboard hardmen really don't help us. It makes us look all hibs. It's embarrassing. 

Great post Andrew imo !

A_A wehatethehibs
1 hour ago, JamboAndrew said:

The decision to send Zlamal on emergency loan to St Mirren is idiotic. it’s not the football aspect that is idiotic, great, Zlamal gets 3 games under his belt, that’s terrific for him and his sharpness. It’s the fact that it’s pissed off large numbers of Hearts fans off that makes it idiotic, irrespective of whether you agree or disagree with the football decision itself. Why would you want to piss the fans off unnecessarily before a ball gets kicked. All it has done is doubled the pressure that he is under and given immediate ammunition to the Neilson out mob, who never wanted him back here in the first place. Shows a total lack of self awareness when it’s supposed to be “only Hearts” and the club is meant to be trying to rebuild a totally shattered relationship with fans. 

Guest ToqueJambo

Forget the positive stuff coming out about the style of play Robbie is putting in place, the width he's given us after two years of having none and some of the players he's shipped out that fans wanted rid of. None of that matters because.... 

29 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Forget the positive stuff coming out about the style of play Robbie is putting in place, the width he's given us after two years of having none and some of the players he's shipped out that fans wanted rid of. None of that matters because.... 

because the usual culprits spout their usual drivel. Its all the fault of Anne’s/ Levein’s/ McPhees/ Cathro/ Robbie Neilson’s/FOH/ some bloke I met in the pub apparently. Strike out the choices that don’t apply.

1 hour ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

The decision to send Zlamal on emergency loan to St Mirren is idiotic. it’s not the football aspect that is idiotic, great, Zlamal gets 3 games under his belt, that’s terrific for him and his sharpness. It’s the fact that it’s pissed off large numbers of Hearts fans off that makes it idiotic, irrespective of whether you agree or disagree with the football decision itself. Why would you want to piss the fans off unnecessarily before a ball gets kicked. All it has done is doubled the pressure that he is under and given immediate ammunition to the Neilson out mob, who never wanted him back here in the first place. Shows a total lack of self awareness when it’s supposed to be “only Hearts” and the club is meant to be trying to rebuild a totally shattered relationship with fans. 

I guess everyone has their opinions, which is fine.

My point wasn't about the football side of things.

It was about the people losing their rag and making sure everyone on kickback knows of their disgust etc... Jeez, its not like we loaned them Naismith or Boyce. It was a player who probably won't play for us again.

The hearts fans I know have the same opinion as me. Maybe we are the minority. Genuinely nothing to see here. Us as a club acting with maturity and not doing anything to give them ammunition. Woop woop. And us not acting like a bunch of spoilt loosers in a way that could come back and bite us. 

Why people have to rage and froth via their keyboard at AB and Robbie over this mystifies me. They are obviously very easily angered.

Guest ToqueJambo
4 minutes ago, JamboAndrew said:

It was about the people losing their rag and making sure everyone on kickback knows of their disgust etc... Jeez, its not like we loaned them Naismith or Boyce. It was a player who probably won't play for us again.

The hearts fans I know have the same opinion as me. Maybe we are the minority. Genuinely nothing to see here. Us as a club acting with maturity and not doing anything to give them ammunition. Woop woop. And us not acting like a bunch of spoilt loosers in a way that could come back and bite us. 

Why people have to rage and froth via their keyboard at AB and Robbie over this mystifies me. They are obviously very easily angered.

They're sitting there looking for an excuse to get angry. Anyone with any sort of perspective should be able to see it's not that big a deal.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
5 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

They're sitting there looking for an excuse to get angry. Anyone with any sort of perspective should be able to see it's not that big a deal.

We don’t need to look for excuses because Budge ****s up constantly 

5 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

We don’t need to look for excuses because Budge ****s up constantly 

Some bloke in the pub said she was also responsible for Covid. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
1 minute ago, OldGorgie said:

Some bloke in the pub said she was also responsible for Covid. 

Some bloke in the pub probably also absolved her of all blame for the position we’re in

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, JamboAndrew said:

What was your thoughts on taking the SPFL to court? Did that not make us look like sad losers that’s came back to bite us, how much financially we still don’t know yet. Was that mature and not giving them ammunition?

Was it ok for us to get angry at our unfair demotion, seeing as you think it’s somehow up to you and your pals how Hearts fans should act?

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
3 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

assuming there’s a group of fans who are acting the way ur suggesting - basically don’t want neilson whatever he does and just waiting for an opportunity to jump on the slightest even debatable misdemeanour he does - do u think queen Ann was aware of this potential unhelpful scenario?

you often seem to be onboard with her thinking so trying to se if u think she was aware

If so - how do you imagine she thinks it will be solved other than winning every week which is unlikely against other than joiners and insurance clerks 

The Kingslayer

St Mirren are the epitome of a tinpot club and aren't worth spit. I would have loved it if we told them to bolt, however I really think there are better, more positive things about the upcoming season that can take up our time and brain-space.  

Yeah we're angry, not just about an unfair demotion, but about so many things since Hibs won the cup in 2016.

Hardly anything good has happened for us since then, we've had crap league positions and disapointing managers, but blaming Robbie for any potential loss in the SF this year is a bit unfair. We can't hound out a manager just because he loses an important match against them. How many Hibs fans were calling for Mowbray's head after three 4-0 losses to us back in 05/06?

My point is that we have to focus on Hearts and whats best for the club, I am glad Robbie is back and I'll back him throughout the season regardless of the SF result. Win, great! Lose, then we accept it and move on. Much like Hibs did after the many more times we skelped them

pettigrewsstylist
5 hours ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

the clubs relationship with the fans is "totally shattered"?