Robbie Neilson is back

Lord Beni of Gorgie

2 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

What was your thoughts on taking the SPFL to court? Did that not make us look like sad losers that’s came back to bite us, how much financially we still don’t know yet. Was that mature and not giving them ammunition?

Was it ok for us to get angry at our unfair demotion, seeing as you think it’s somehow up to you and your pals how Hearts fans should act?

Myself, many hearts fans, if not all, and most other spl fans Ive spoken to about this, all thought we had a case and pursued quite a justifiable course of action and conducted ourselves well. Yes, everyone is angry at the situation. But keyboard hardmen bashing out their anger and cursing how hearts are sticking one up their fans and howling at how the relationship with the fans is shattered as we loaned out a backup keeper to a non entity club we arent in competition with is the reason I know some other team's fans come here and laugh.

Each to their own though. I'm looking forward to the new season and Robbie getting us up first time, as are all the Hearts fans I speak with.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Bongo 1874

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

Guest ToqueJambo

Reading some threads the last couple days including this one it's impressive how much work some folk put into NOT supporting Hearts. And by impressive I mean tragic.

part_time_jambo
16 hours ago, Toxteth O'Grady said:

My Granny could do that with our resources compared to the rest

You forgot to say "and she's deid".

Apologies and condolences if she is. Hope she lives for many more years if she's not.

14 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

Forget the positive stuff coming out about the style of play Robbie is putting in place, the width he's given us after two years of having none and some of the players he's shipped out that fans wanted rid of. None of that matters because.... 

Who has he shipped out we wanted rid, of all I see is he wanted pace so we now have 5 wingers but little cover at centre half as yet.

MarkDevriesScores4
4 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

Who has he shipped out we wanted rid, of all I see is he wanted pace so we now have 5 wingers but little cover at centre half as yet.

Uche, Washington, Morrison.... could go on

Pasquale for King
8 hours ago, JamboAndrew said:

Myself, many hearts fans, if not all, and most other spl fans Ive spoken to about this, all thought we had a case and pursued quite a justifiable course of action and conducted ourselves well. Yes, everyone is angry at the situation. But keyboard hardmen bashing out their anger and cursing how hearts are sticking one up their fans and howling at how the relationship with the fans is shattered as we loaned out a backup keeper to a non entity club we arent in competition with is the reason I know some other team's fans come here and laugh.

Each to their own though. I'm looking forward to the new season and Robbie getting us up first time, as are all the Hearts fans I speak with.

So you don’t see any similarities between the two then, you don’t see how we’ve helped the SPFL when there was a chance to make their tin pot league look even worse?
If you think it’s such a small matter what recriminations would’ve come from saying no in this instance as opposed to what we rightly did in the summer? 
I haven’t said any of these things you’ve stated but I take umbrage at your attitude towards these “genuine” fans that are angry, you’re view is very much like that of Budge in that you seem to disregard it as if it doesn’t matter. 
I’m not looking forward to a shite truncated season in the Championship where I can go to maybe 7 home games if I’m lucky, each time their own though. 

6 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

So you don’t see any similarities between the two then, you don’t see how we’ve helped the SPFL when there was a chance to make their tin pot league look even worse?
If you think it’s such a small matter what recriminations would’ve come from saying no in this instance as opposed to what we rightly did in the summer? 
I haven’t said any of these things you’ve stated but I take umbrage at your attitude towards these “genuine” fans that are angry, you’re view is very much like that of Budge in that you seem to disregard it as if it doesn’t matter. 
I’m not looking forward to a shite truncated season in the Championship where I can go to maybe 7 home games if I’m lucky, each time their own though. 

Indeed. We all have different opinions and that's what makes the world such an interesting place.

scott herbertson
13 hours ago, JamboAndrew said:

I guess everyone has their opinions, which is fine.

My point wasn't about the football side of things.

It was about the people losing their rag and making sure everyone on kickback knows of their disgust etc... Jeez, its not like we loaned them Naismith or Boyce. It was a player who probably won't play for us again.

The hearts fans I know have the same opinion as me. Maybe we are the minority. Genuinely nothing to see here. Us as a club acting with maturity and not doing anything to give them ammunition. Woop woop. And us not acting like a bunch of spoilt loosers in a way that could come back and bite us. 

Why people have to rage and froth via their keyboard at AB and Robbie over this mystifies me. They are obviously very easily angered.

Agreed . Any anger I have is directed against the corrupt Scottish football hierarchy . For the rest, I'm just looking forward to a new season, new players and hopefully getting back to thew pub and to the games to cheer my team on regardless of who  we have in the dugout and on the pitch  ..

9 hours ago, JamboAndrew said:

At the moment all we can do is rant away on our keyboards.

Wait til October 😉

16 hours ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

The decision to help out our good pals at St Mirren and the SPFL premiership was his. 

If true, he is starting the season on a negative and has a lot to prove.

9 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

Reading some threads the last couple days including this one it's impressive how much work some folk put into NOT supporting Hearts. And by impressive I mean tragic.

Very strange behaviour from apparent hearts supporters. Absolutely chapping at the but waiting to stick the boot in. Only hearts indeed. 🙄

3 minutes ago, Dazo said:

Very strange behaviour from apparent hearts supporters. Absolutely chapping at the but waiting to stick the boot in. Only hearts indeed. 🙄

So show no passion about your club? 

Maybe the problem is you guys are cuckolds that put up with anything? 

Pasquale for King
8 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

If true, he is starting the season on a negative and has a lot to prove.

It is, Goodwin said it on Saturday that he dealt with Neilson. 

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

It is, Goodwin said it on Saturday that he dealt with Neilson. 

I mean, fair enough that they chatted during the friendly and i accept Robbie has to have a relationship with other managers.

But this should have been vetoed by the Board imo

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Nookie Bear said:

I mean, fair enough that they chatted during the friendly and i accept Robbie has to have a relationship with other managers.

It should’ve been stated that anything like this needs everyone approval, even just a call to say is this ok? Not that they would’ve knocked it back anyway. 
As it’s been stated we could play a plethora of teams, I’m not sure why we played them. Now we can play teams who aren’t testing. So get in touch with 6 who didn’t vote to demote us and play them. 

54 minutes ago, MarkDevriesScores4 said:

Uche, Washington, Morrison.... could go on

Ah indeed but let's hope we received a fee for two of them, go by all means Clare, Doyle, Hickey who else ? then we signed another goalie Stewart can you explain that Thanks.

19 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

Aye that’s it, sticking the boot in at every turn is showing passion. 👍

3 minutes ago, Dazo said:

Aye that’s it, sticking the boot in at every turn is showing passion. 👍

Or being reactionary to the clubs **** ups? It’s ok to criticise things that you aren’t happy with. Sometimes and I know this sounds crazy but folk learn from their mistakes. You ever been to Pyongyang? 

Edited by Des Lynam

25 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

Cuckolds - deary me. 🤣

23 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

It should’ve been stated that anything like this needs everyone approval, even just a call to say is this ok? Not that they would’ve knocked it back anyway. 
As it’s been stated we could play a plethora of teams, I’m not sure why we played them. Now we can play teams who aren’t testing. So get in touch with 6 who didn’t vote to demote us and play them. 

😂 come on mate. You’re not honestly saying that we shouldn’t play friendlies against teams that voted us down?!

I understand that the decision to loan Zlamal could have been avoided and wouldn’t have been my choice. However the reaction has been way over the top.

Whilst I think we could have easily said no to st Mirren and it wouldn’t have caused any major issues. Doing what you suggest by only playing teams who didn’t vote against us isn’t practical. Nor is never dealing with any club who ever did. 

A majority on here, in some cases rightly, have criticised the signing policy in recent years and have highlighted we should of signed players from the Scottish leagues like McGinn, McLean etc. How do you propose we do that if we follow your viewpoint of telling them to **** off at every request?

FWIW I still believe the fans should boycott the stadiums of these clubs however the football club itself will and should IMO be more pragmatic.

Edited by Mr Rabbit

17 hours ago, Toxteth O'Grady said:

I think that is true, Ann won't be bothered if we get beat off Hibs, she'll still have a glass of vino and a cozy wee chat with Leanne

Don't worry one day you'll be old enough to drink too.

15 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

Or being reactionary to the clubs **** ups? It’s ok to criticise things that you aren’t happy with. Sometimes and I know this sounds crazy but folk learn from their mistakes. You ever been to Pyongyang? 

Of course it’s ok to criticise, I’m talking about those that pounce negatively on everything the club does. We have supporters who want rid of Ann and Robbie before a ball has been kicked regardless of anything that happens. AB has made plenty mistakes, I think she gets more right than wrong and always does things with the best interests of the club at heart. Any chance we can get the ball on the pitch before we get rid ?

4 minutes ago, Dazo said:

Of course it’s ok to criticise, I’m talking about those that pounce negatively on everything the club does. We have supporters who want rid of Ann and Robbie before a ball has been kicked regardless of anything that happens. AB has made plenty mistakes, I think she gets more right than wrong and always does things with the best interests of the club at heart. Any chance we can get the ball on the pitch before we get rid ?

I couldn’t agree more. The reason most of us are angry is that ball won’t appear on the pitch till October because of scum clubs like St Mirren. 

50 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

I'm in agreement that loaning Zamal to St Mirren wasn't the greatest PR move with the support, I think we should have politely declined.

If the board had vetoed it, where does that leaved Neilson? Not a good precedent to set if the board is overruling the football side, imo.

Maybe that's RN's philosophy?

Pasquale for King
26 minutes ago, Mr Rabbit said:

😂 come on mate. You’re not honestly saying that we shouldn’t play friendlies against teams that voted us down?!

I understand that the decision to loan Zlamal could have been avoided and wouldn’t have been my choice. However the reaction has been way over the top.

Whilst I think we could have easily said no to st Mirren and it wouldn’t have caused any major issues. Doing what you suggest by only playing teams who didn’t vote against us isn’t practical. Nor is never dealing with any club who ever did. 

A majority on here, in some cases rightly, have criticised the signing policy in recent years and have highlighted we should of signed players from the Scottish leagues like McGinn, McLean etc. How do you propose we do that if we follow your viewpoint of telling them to **** off at every request?

FWIW I still believe the fans should boycott the stadiums of these clubs however the football club itself will and should IMO be more pragmatic.

Did I say it was logical?

Here goes though, we could’ve played an English team instead of St Mirren, as we did with Burnley which isn’t exactly on our doorstep is it? 
It depends on the players you want, say for instance Neilson fancies Obika for 21-22, you sign him on a pre contract in January and hopefully unsettle him and get the fans in his back ruining their season 🤞
If you want to be a bitter and twisted ******* it can be done, look at how the uglies go about their business, Hibs are now feeling the backlash over the McGinn deal. If you remember correctly Celtic bought Allan off them to give them the money for McGinn, then Lennon prepared him for a move to Celtic apparently and it didn’t happen. No loan players. No deals. No friendlies. 
You build up relationships with PT, Falkirk and ICT. Loan them players and look at who they’ve got coming through. As much as Mulraney wasn’t quite up to it, better coaching might’ve helped him as thick as he is, on the outside looking it was a successful deal. 
Our current owner and a manager that’s one of Scottish footballs good guys aren’t going to do that though. 

38 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Did I say it was logical?

Here goes though, we could’ve played an English team instead of St Mirren, as we did with Burnley which isn’t exactly on our doorstep is it? 
It depends on the players you want, say for instance Neilson fancies Obika for 21-22, you sign him on a pre contract in January and hopefully unsettle him and get the fans in his back ruining their season 🤞
If you want to be a bitter and twisted ******* it can be done, look at how the uglies go about their business, Hibs are now feeling the backlash over the McGinn deal. If you remember correctly Celtic bought Allan off them to give them the money for McGinn, then Lennon prepared him for a move to Celtic apparently and it didn’t happen. No loan players. No deals. No friendlies. 
You build up relationships with PT, Falkirk and ICT. Loan them players and look at who they’ve got coming through. As much as Mulraney wasn’t quite up to it, better coaching might’ve helped him as thick as he is, on the outside looking it was a successful deal. 
Our current owner and a manager that’s one of Scottish footballs good guys aren’t going to do that though. 

We need games to get fitness and to be reliant on the 6 teams up here and English teams isn’t feasible. Hull had a training camp up in Scotland not too sure about Burnley.

I get that you can always go down that route but it tends not to be the case with better players. Both McGinn and McLean required a transfer fee.

Your point about Celtic is correct but they missed out on a good player and whilst they are now playing hard ball with hibs they can afford to do that. Hibs will need them a lot more than they need Hibs. Players want to move up a level, more than they want to move down so Celtic will always be able to apply player pressure whereas hibs won’t do.

You’re closing the circle and the clubs you mentioned won’t always want our loanees and most likely than not will not have players that we want also. 

Like I said before it’s up to the fans to push that agenda not the club. There’s a naivety on both parts; the club for using the ‘only hearts’ mantra in their social media and the fans for thinking we were going to not work with any clubs who have wronged us.

Fans already calling for Neilson to be sacked as a reaction to our third choice keeper being loaned out is pretty pathetic and also hugely ironic. Seeing as ‘Only Hearts’ was a mantra made to support the club.

Pasquale for King

It was Sheffield Utd we played. 
We went to Burnley, not sure what’s hard to grasp about that. We can do that again, as teams down south will want more games to get up to speed.

Not sure what teams in Scotland are going to play us a month into their season? Let’s rule out those in Europe and Hibs, who else is going to play us? 

You’ve picked two players from St Mirren, it’s unlikely they will produce any other players we would be untested in as those two and Lewis Morgan are the only ones I can think of. There are loads of players out there every window who would love to come and play for us, fees should only be paid in exceptional circumstances especially for players coming up from the lower leagues. 
At this point in time it’s not a good idea for anyone at the club to be seen to be helping any other team that helped demote us, especially this particular one who have been so vocal against us recently. 
He is back up to our injury prone nearly 38yo GK, imagine he has to play Hibs in the semi final?
Ive not seen anyone say Neilson should be sacked but this is not a good start, dividing the support and giving ammunition to those who aren’t convinced by his return. 

Pasquale for King
18 minutes ago, Mr Rabbit said:

We need games to get fitness and to be reliant on the 6 teams up here and English teams isn’t feasible. Hull had a training camp up in Scotland not too sure about Burnley.

I get that you can always go down that route but it tends not to be the case with better players. Both McGinn and McLean required a transfer fee.

Your point about Celtic is correct but they missed out on a good player and whilst they are now playing hard ball with hibs they can afford to do that. Hibs will need them a lot more than they need Hibs. Players want to move up a level, more than they want to move down so Celtic will always be able to apply player pressure whereas hibs won’t do.

You’re closing the circle and the clubs you mentioned won’t always want our loanees and most likely than not will not have players that we want also. 

Like I said before it’s up to the fans to push that agenda not the club. There’s a naivety on both parts; the club for using the ‘only hearts’ mantra in their social media and the fans for thinking we were going to not work with any clubs who have wronged us.

Fans already calling for Neilson to be sacked as a reaction to our third choice keeper being loaned out is pretty pathetic and also hugely ironic. Seeing as ‘Only Hearts’ was a mantra made to support the club.

See up there ^

10 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

We went to Burnley, not sure what’s hard to grasp about that. We can do that again, as teams down south will want more games to get up to speed.

Not sure what teams in Scotland are going to play us a month into their season? Let’s rule out those in Europe and Hibs, who else is going to play us? 

You’ve picked two players from St Mirren, it’s unlikely they will produce any other players we would be untested in as those two and Lewis Morgan are the only ones I can think of. There are loads of players out there every window who would love to come and play for us, fees should only be paid in exceptional circumstances especially for players coming up from the lower leagues. 
At this point in time it’s not a good idea for anyone at the club to be seen to be helping any other team that helped demote us, especially this particular one who have been so vocal against us recently. 
He is back up to our injury prone nearly 38yo GK, imagine he has to play Hibs in the semi final?
Ive not seen anyone say Neilson should be sacked but this is not a good start, dividing the support and giving ammunition to those who aren’t convinced by his return. 

There’s nothing difficult to grasp but it’s more expensive to travel like you’re suggesting. If you look back at who we’ve played against in friendlies it’s usually a mix of local teams and teams situated in and around a training camp, which usually comes at a higher expense. With what’s been going on and I can understand why we’ve not done that and ventured only to the north of England. 

Your point was not to deal with anyone who voted us down. There’s loads of clubs in our league and the two lower leagues who we could also play but according to you we shouldn’t. 

In regards to the two players I mentioned I only named them as it was relevant to the club currently in question. As per the above you’re saying we shouldn’t deal with any club that voted us down. So by your logic we could only get players from ICT, Thistle, Falkirk.

Ive already said that I think in this particular situation we didn’t need to help but the reaction from yourself, who is nowhere near the worst btw, and others is way over the top. 

He’s really not though is he? Mason has already been talked about as being understudy to Gordon and we’ve even brought Stewart in as back up whilst Mason is recovering from his injury so to me that looks like we’re trying to move Zlamal on.

Pasquale for King
8 minutes ago, Mr Rabbit said:

There’s nothing difficult to grasp but it’s more expensive to travel like you’re suggesting. If you look back at who we’ve played against in friendlies it’s usually a mix of local teams and teams situated in and around a training camp, which usually comes at a higher expense. With what’s been going on and I can understand why we’ve not done that and ventured only to the north of England. 

Your point was not to deal with anyone who voted us down. There’s loads of clubs in our league and the two lower leagues who we could also play but according to you we shouldn’t. 

In regards to the two players I mentioned I only named them as it was relevant to the club currently in question. As per the above you’re saying we shouldn’t deal with any club that voted us down. So by your logic we could only get players from ICT, Thistle, Falkirk.

Ive already said that I think in this particular situation we didn’t need to help but the reaction from yourself, who is nowhere near the worst btw, and others is way over the top. 

He’s really not though is he? Mason has already been talked about as being understudy to Gordon and we’ve even brought Stewart in as back up whilst Mason is recovering from his injury so to me that looks like we’re trying to move Zlamal on.

So who do we play, if teams aren’t testing and too league teams are busy. 
We don’t really buy players from lower leagues teams, Wighton-Mulraney-Callaghan-Riley are the latest ones, not great really. Only Nisbet and Shankland have been good enough recently, neither wanted to come. Nobody in any team stood out last time we were down there, it’s not a place we should really be looking at, with the salary cap coming in L1&2 in England are the leagues we should be scouting. 
It’s not just me that’s saying we shouldn’t be dealing with anyone other than the 7 teams who didn’t vote for us to be demoted, you’ve clearly missed those threads since March. 
As for my and the majority on here’s reaction that’s just your opinion, you don’t decide. Your view clearly echoes those of the folk at the club that want us to build bridges with those that have caused us millions of pounds worth of damage. Did you support by Levein by any chance?
You don’t even know who you’re talking about, Kelby Mason is out on loan at Edinburgh City, good guys. As I said STONE is injured and even if he wasn’t he’s third choice.

Zlamal at this point in time is our number 2 GK, do you think Neilson would play a youngster against Hibs in the semi if Gordon was unfit?

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

We don’t really buy players from lower leagues teams, Wighton-Mulraney-Callaghan-Riley are the latest ones, not great really. Only Nisbet and Shankland have been good enough recently, neither wanted to come. Nobody in any team stood out last time we were down there, it’s not a place we should really be looking at, with the salary cap coming in L1&2 in England are the leagues we should be scouting. 
It’s not just me that’s saying we shouldn’t be dealing with anyone other than the 7 teams who didn’t vote for us to be demoted, you’ve clearly missed those threads since March. 
As for my and the majority on here’s reaction that’s just your opinion, you don’t decide. Your view clearly echoes those of the folk at the club that want us to build bridges with those that have caused us millions of pounds worth of damage. Did you support by Levein by any chance?
You don’t even know who you’re talking about, Kelby Mason is out on loan at Edinburgh City, good guys. As I said STONE is injured and even if he wasn’t he’s third choice.

Zlamal at this point in time is our number 2 GK, do you think Neilson would play a youngster against Hibs in the semi if Gordon was unfit?

Exactly re Mason was he not freed?

Edited by Lfhearts

Pasquale for King
13 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

Exactly re Mason was he not freed?

Indeed, he joined them on loan in January, was released and signed in July. 

7 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I’m not saying we shouldn’t play certain clubs that’s what you’re saying. We should take the opportunity to play whoever we can to get our players up to speed.

I don’t get why you’re mentioning that. As a club we should be looking to get the best players available to us. We have been criticised, and quite rightly too, that the sheep and hibs have been picking up players we should be getting. However according to you we shouldn’t be after those players. Whilst I agree there’s players to be found in League 1/2 in England they’re also a bigger gamble and have a lower success rate in Scotland.

No it’s not and I mentioned that. I appreciate that’s your viewpoint and as are my comments mine. You’ve also neglected on multiple occasions me mentioning it wouldn’t have been my choice so I don’t understand why you think I’m agreeing with the club. 

Also unfortunately your comment regarding Levein is straw grasping. It’s a forum and I’m just trying to illustrate my point, as I’ve allowed you to do also. Just because you don’t agree with what I’m saying doesn’t mean you can start labelling me as a Levein supporter, which if you looked at my posting history you’d see I thought should have left after the Scottish cup against Celtic.

I got the name of our keeper wrong I apologise but once again you’re trying to discredit everything I say as a result. Are you unable to see other people might have a valid point of view, which differs your own, or do you just enjoy throwing mud?

Stewart was brought in as backup. If we were going to persist with Zlamal as number 2 I don’t know why we would do that.

Pasquale for King
13 minutes ago, Mr Rabbit said:

I’m not saying we shouldn’t play certain clubs that’s what you’re saying. We should take the opportunity to play whoever we can to get our players up to speed.

I don’t get why you’re mentioning that. As a club we should be looking to get the best players available to us. We have been criticised, and quite rightly too, that the sheep and hibs have been picking up players we should be getting. However according to you we shouldn’t be after those players. Whilst I agree there’s players to be found in League 1/2 in England they’re also a bigger gamble and have a lower success rate in Scotland.

No it’s not and I mentioned that. I appreciate that’s your viewpoint and as are my comments mine. You’ve also neglected on multiple occasions me mentioning it wouldn’t have been my choice so I don’t understand why you think I’m agreeing with the club. 

Also unfortunately your comment regarding Levein is straw grasping. It’s a forum and I’m just trying to illustrate my point, as I’ve allowed you to do also. Just because you don’t agree with what I’m saying doesn’t mean you can start labelling me as a Levein supporter, which if you looked at my posting history you’d see I thought should have left after the Scottish cup against Celtic.

I got the name of our keeper wrong I apologise but once again you’re trying to discredit everything I say as a result. Are you unable to see other people might have a valid point of view, which differs your own, or do you just enjoy throwing mud?

Stewart was brought in as backup. If we were going to persist with Zlamal as number 2 I don’t know why we would do that.

Clubs that aren’t testing?
Who have Aberdeen and Hibs signed from lower league clubs that we’ve missed out on? Maclean and McGinn were established top league players and they were in the top league when they sold them. 

Theres little quality down there, is the point, as we will see in the next few months. I can’t think of many that have been a success at teams like ours?
I didn’t want Levein back, and for a few weeks after the Celtic game at home was ok with it but that was that, again the point being you’re more supportive in a time where I feel they should be criticised. 
I was in the minority then, you’re in the minority now. 

Zlamal is a poor GK but I just think the negatives have outweighed the positives, especially pissing off a section of fans at a time when we need to heal rifts not open them up. 
I mentioned that Neilson said Stewart was brought in as a back up until January when Stone will be fit, Livis 3rd choice GK isn’t going to challenge Gordon for the gloves. 
I do accept people’s opinions, I just come across more aggressive in my disagreement. 

Edited by Pasquale for King

1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

The season has now started in England and games will probably be coming thick and fast down there as they're playing a full season of games in a shorter than usual period of time, so there's unlikely to be many clubs down south looking to play any more friendlies against Scottish clubs!

Pasquale for King
22 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

The season has now started in England and games will probably be coming thick and fast down there as they're playing a full season of games in a shorter than usual period of time, so there's unlikely to be many clubs down south looking to play any more friendlies against Scottish clubs!

Quite probably. 

5 hours ago, scott herbertson said:

Agreed . Any anger I have is directed against the corrupt Scottish football hierarchy . For the rest, I'm just looking forward to a new season, new players and hopefully getting back to thew pub and to the games to cheer my team on regardless of who  we have in the dugout and on the pitch  ..

Couldn't have put it any better myself. 

• 2 weeks later...

I loved Robbie as a player he gave everything he could for us.

Hes done really well as a young Manager and im glad he came back, especially after a lot of fans treated him  very poorly.He did very well in his first spell and I've a feeling he will do even better now .

I hope all the folk that were against him now have a rethink after whats happened since he left and give him a fair chance.

That young lad who shone in the BP YOUTH CUP all those years ago is going to do make us proud again.

I'm a bit worried after reading his assessment of Ollie Lee in the EEN. Box to box player with good pace and energy. Not that I think he's a bad player but that's not the Ollie Lee I remember.

8 minutes ago, Fort Vallance said:

I'm a bit worried after reading his assessment of Ollie Lee in the EEN. Box to box player with good pace and energy. Not that I think he's a bad player but that's not the Ollie Lee I remember.

Unlike his predecessor Robbie is trying to boost the players confidence rather than knock the stuffing out of him. I would imagine that he will do well enough in this league and his contract is up at the end of the season so we will see then if Robbie really rates him.

Edited by wavydavy

14 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

That's a good listen and the bit about getting balls into the box has been evidenced in the friendlies so far. 

5 hours ago, wavydavy said:

Unlike his predecessor Robbie is trying to boost the players confidence rather than knock the stuffing out of him. I would imagine that he will do well enough in this league and his contract is up at the end of the season so we will see then if Robbie really rates him.

No problem with any of that. But maybe it's my age but box to box was a Mickey Cameron thing. He's never that.

5 minutes ago, Fort Vallance said:

No problem with any of that. But maybe it's my age but box to box was a Mickey Cameron thing. He's never that.

I very much doubt even Robbie would make such a comparison.

17 hours ago, Jamhammer said:

That's a good listen and the bit about getting balls into the box has been evidenced in the friendlies so far. 

Honestly, I'm really encouraged by Robbies return so far. Levein was like a cloud around the club and I can't help but think he applied some sort of shackles to the way Robbie wanted to play. Perhaps not directly, but Leveins football is largely negative and built around trying to nullify opponents rather than hammer them into the ****ing ground. Having wingers that can actually look to take on their man and get the ball into the box is fantastic to see.

I'm extremely confident Robbie can get us back into the top 3 consistently. Having had his taste of the English football managerial merry-go-round, I don't think he'll be in any sort of rush to leave. 

Ended up listening to the Graham Spiers interview. Hate the thought of giving that dick any money, but there you go. 🙄

Have to say, Neilson is a very upfront and honest chap. Understands the game, and doesn’t try and over complicate things. Also doesn’t act like a Poundland Pep and talk utter shite about philosophies and style, which was encouraging. You get enough of that from some of the idiots in our support who think they could manage clubs at that level.

No, Neilson understands that at the level he has thus far operated, you need to get the best out of the players at your disposal and set up a team to play to the strengths you have. If he had a Milinkovic or a Suso in his squad, he’d be setting up differently to how has in pre-season so far. He doesn’t though, he has a Boyce and a Naismith, so he brings in wingers that can supply Boyce, and wants Naismith to supply him and work in behind him.

Contrast that to Stendel trying to get players to play a system that they weren’t cut out for whilst near the bottom of the division. Leaking goals left right and centre, and losing the last vestiges of morale that they had.

Thank **** he’s back. 

1 hour ago, Beast Boy said:

Ended up listening to the Graham Spiers interview. Hate the thought of giving that dick any money, but there you go. 🙄

Have to say, Neilson is a very upfront and honest chap. Understands the game, and doesn’t try and over complicate things. Also doesn’t act like a Poundland Pep and talk utter shite about philosophies and style, which was encouraging. You get enough of that from some of the idiots in our support who think they could manage clubs at that level.

No, Neilson understands that at the level he has thus far operated, you need to get the best out of the players at your disposal and set up a team to play to the strengths you have. If he had a Milinkovic or a Suso in his squad, he’d be setting up differently to how has in pre-season so far. He doesn’t though, he has a Boyce and a Naismith, so he brings in wingers that can supply Boyce, and wants Naismith to supply him and work in behind him.

Contrast that to Stendel trying to get players to play a system that they weren’t cut out for whilst near the bottom of the division. Leaking goals left right and centre, and losing the last vestiges of morale that they had.

Thank **** he’s back. 

It’s the fan’s job to think they know better than the manager. 

What I hate in football are managers who have no experience but spout pish about “playing the right way”, before realising they have not got a clue how to implement it and they invariably fail. 

In hindsight I am embarrassed by the respect Stendel got, all based on going for a few drinks in some Barnsley pub. 

7 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

It’s the fan’s job to think they know better than the manager. 

What I hate in football are managers who have no experience but spout pish about “playing the right way”, before realising they have not got a clue how to implement it and they invariably fail. 

In hindsight I am embarrassed by the respect Stendel got, all based on going for a few drinks in some Barnsley pub. 

Totally agree. It was some serious Emperor’s New Clothes going on there for a bit. Folk salivating over over tossing away two goal leads, and marvelling at us attacking whilst the other team popped the ball in our net with consummate ease. 🙄

Edited by Beast Boy