Tick tock

Ronald Villiers

Harry Potter
8 hours ago, jager man said:

There's concrete discussions of Hibs shutting their academy in the press but in hibs.net this is the 11th most popular topic, where as threads related to hearts take up 5 of the top 10 threads. **** me have they lost the plot? Who in their right minds  is interested in another club over the development of theirs.

They are obsessed with us, nothing new in this, the 5-1 will hurt forever, 

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• martoon

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

Finlay James

The wee team have always looked at us as the yardstick for which to aspire to.  I never go on .net but I'm not even slightly surprised that all they talk about is us.

Hector Riva
1 minute ago, Finlay James said:

The wee team have always looked at us as the yardstick for which to aspire to.

Exactly!

33 minutes ago, Finlay James said:

Think about it like this.  Ann Budge has been an extremely successful businesswoman for a number of years.  She comes along and offers practical and forward thinking solutions to an organisation that has been failing badly for 3-4 decades.  She is then ridiculed by the media for having the audacity to even dare question the status quo.  They should be begging her for her insights.  The media should be championing her but instead, as they're are a huge part of the problem, the vilify her.

its siege mentality time and anyone with an ounce of maroon blood should let her know that we support her 100%.  She'll ensure that we come out if this in a strong state while others plant their heads in the sand.

your spot on. The papers in particular are an absolute disgrace . The DRecord is nothing but a mouthpiece for Celtic* and (it’s common knowledge) the SPFL and SFA.  That won’t change and their recent non story about fuming clubs and expelling Hearts and PT based on an SFA article that was a lot of bullshit is typical of their biased sensationalism agendas.

dinosaurs like Keith Jackson etc I wouldn’t believe them if they wrote that today was Sunday 21st June 2020.

Ann Budge will see this through and worst case is that if it fails then we can at least hold our heads up and say we tried our best and can look in the mirror.

These other rat clubs that did not vote for fairness and sporty integrity because of a global pandemic will most certainly not be able to look in the mirror.

I suspect we will be in the top league next season as the SPFL and clubs can ill afford for this to delay the season. Perversely the first instalment  of SKYs new deal is due with the top league rats getting over £600k each. Now imagine that’s frozen due to a court case. The karma of that would be spectacular. 
Surely the SPFL will force through emergency reconstruction after informing the members the alternative court actions and withholding of SKY money would be catastrophic for them.

shambles so it is.

1 hour ago, martoon said:

Good post, Roy.

She sounded completely exasperated in a Sportsound interview a few weeks back. Something about Scottish football not needing all this and she certainly didn't. The strain was obvious. Really felt for her and also grateful that she's fighting on for our club, no matter the toll it must be taking.

Was speaking to a hibby colleague the other day was saying she may well need to get security etc if we go full hog on the court case (he wasn't condoning it). He has a point, she really is putting herself out the for us.

42 minutes ago, Finlay James said:

Think about it like this.  Ann Budge has been an extremely successful businesswoman for a number of years.  She comes along and offers practical and forward thinking solutions to an organisation that has been failing badly for 3-4 decades.  She is then ridiculed by the media for having the audacity to even dare question the status quo.  They should be begging her for her insights.  The media should be championing her but instead, as they're are a huge part of the problem, the vilify her.

its siege mentality time and anyone with an ounce of maroon blood should let her know that we support her 100%.  She'll ensure that we come out if this in a strong state while others plant their heads in the sand.

Absolutely. Good Post.

Was thinking, its be cool if there was a way for us to show direct gratitude. Flag for first game back wi fans? New song?

Not sure but I hope she realises we appreciate her. She's had plenty stick from jambos and still she fights for us.

29 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Was speaking to a hibby colleague the other day was saying she may well need to get security etc if we go full hog on the court case (he wasn't condoning it). He has a point, she really is putting herself out the for us.

Absolutely. Good Post.

Was thinking, its be cool if there was a way for us to show direct gratitude. Flag for first game back wi fans? New song?

Not sure but I hope she realises we appreciate her. She's had plenty stick from jambos and still she fights for us.

Ah, the old attempted Hibs intimidation technique. Hope they attempt it and a few of their lowlifes end up in jail.

12 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Ah, the old attempted Hibs intimidation technique. Hope they attempt it and a few of their lowlifes end up in jail.

Ha! Yeah he wasn't saying that himself, he was saying more about Celtic I think. He was actually saying she's being brave sticking up for her club.

3 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Ha! Yeah he wasn't saying that himself, he was saying more about Celtic I think. He was actually saying she's being brave sticking up for her club.

Yeah, I knew it wasn’t your colleague condoning it, mate. Assumed it was Hibs as they do have form for this sort of thing.

pettigrewsstylist
22 hours ago, TheBigO said:

Did any of them stay til the end??

Tash had to... yummy tears.

vlad on the tyne
9 hours ago, jager man said:

Very rarely go on it my self.  Just thought when I heard the rumours that I would gauge their opinion. Still haven't got that opinion as they are still talking about Hertz. Weirdos

You're absolutely reeking of tesco hibs to be fair. 

4 hours ago, Mundaydog said:

I don’t think we will be shutting our academy anytime soon.

Levein was talking it up last week in the press.

Someone on here will probably confirm more details about that side of the club but I work with a guy whose laddie was in Hearts youth set up and he said Hearts were fantastic on that front. 

The sort of thing I would presume the benefactors want to protect and encourage. 

2 hours ago, Jambof3tornado said:

I assumed it was being mothballed until covid was gone, are they saying its closing forever?

If you mothball it what do the coaches and youngsters do? Wait a year. 

Maybe they plan to launch their 'best in Scotland' academy next year. 

highlandjambo3
10 hours ago, jager man said:

There's concrete discussions of Hibs shutting their academy in the press but in hibs.net this is the 11th most popular topic, where as threads related to hearts take up 5 of the top 10 threads. **** me have they lost the plot? Who in their right minds  is interested in another club over the development of theirs.

The media would smash us to pieces if we canned our youth academy..............Incidentally, anyone know of any decent potential talent in their academy we could scoop up on a free? 

Jambof3tornado
8 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

What age are the youngsters, will they not have contracts? They binned a few coaches last week.

1 hour ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

53 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

The Hibs support will just seethe themselves into a frenzy, scuttle about furiously and fire of a few emails. A manky pest but nothing a firmly applied stamp or Rentokil couldn't deal with. 

It's Celtic fans I thought of as a threat. They will go feckin tonto if 8.79iar is n&v'd. Although, not to the extent of causing physical harm, I would hope. Threats and intimidation, perhaps, but nothing more. 

9 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

The media would smash us to pieces if we canned our youth academy..............Incidentally, anyone know of any decent potential talent in their academy we could scoop up on a free? 

As would Hibs.nut. 

They'd be all over it like cockroaches on a crumb. A sure sign that admin2 was in the post, they would squeal, and a club can't function without a youth set up and coaches etc. 

They do it and it's masterstroke of forward thinking, clarity and, of course, Hibs class. 😂

25 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

A wise move, the Hibs.nuts will claim. They stand back, showing their class, at all times, of course, watch the other clubs panic and sign all the youngsters who've no chance of making it, then, after biding their time, swoop in and hoover up the cream that no one else noticed. 

Logic, Hibs.nut style. 

If the Hobo academy gets mothballed, wonder if it’s worth us having a wee chat to a few Hibs youngsters trying to nudge them over to the our academy program. Though I am not sure if many of the Hibs kids are any good lol. 

Once we are sure that we are not in any existential danger financially, we should look at directing funds towards protecting our academy and ensuring that if our kids are unable to play for whatever reason, that they and the staff who take care of them are protected.

Thats what Hibs supporters should have done too.

3 hours ago, Finlay James said:

Think about it like this too.

Leaving Ann Budge aside for a moment, if we wanted to improve our national game, we could have engaged a pioneering, entrepreunarial bueinessman with a history of money-spinning success to review Scottish football and make recommendations for the future.  I'm thinking of someone like Barry Hearn   Oh, wait.......

3 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Think about it like this too.

Leaving Ann Budge aside for a moment, if we wanted to improve our national game, we could have engaged a pioneering, entrepreunarial bueinessman with a history of money-spinning success to review Scottish football and make recommendations for the future.  I'm thinking of someone like Barry Hearn   Oh, wait.......

Indeed. That is all down to the OF not wanting to improve Scottish Football though. They are happy for it to stay the way it is, a top division of cannon fodder who are there to give the two teams who run the show the charade of a competition. Doncaster is employed to ensure that continues. Someone like Hearn might have tried to grow the product.

Edited by Special Officer Doofy

3 hours ago, Jambof3tornado said:

I assumed it was being mothballed until covid was gone, are they saying its closing forever?

Its been mothballed fir years already ..what players have came through it? 😆

Pasquale for King
19 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

It's a very bad sign, especially for a club that previously boasted about their youth policy and considered it part of their identity. Worrying on many levels for them. There's the loss of their young players as cheap first team players, the fact that more of the best local youngsters will go to their rivals, the loss of potential future transfer fees and also the fact that it's a sign their new owner really doesn't get the club and what's important to their fans - or he does but doesn't care.

They don’t really have many good youngsters, Collins said yesterday that they’ve hardly brought any through for the last ten years apart from Porteous. He’s Yogi Hughes love child, plays the game in a way that’s long since been banned. Suspended and injured all the time. They may well be looking to overhaul it in the long run. They can always take our cast offs.

Being perfectly honest, one good thing that hopefully comes as a byproduct of all of this, is more Hearts supporters finally having the scales removed from their eyes and realising what Hibs are all about. This friendly rivalry thing some lap up, while they actively try and destroy our club is nauseating. I thought the way they acted when we were in admin would have woken everyone up, but it didn’t. Surely now, folk realise they hate Hearts and would love to see us dead and buried.

31 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Indeed. That is all down to the OF not wanting to improve Scottish Football though. They are happy for it to stay the way it is, a top division of cannon fodder who are there to give the two teams who run the show the charade of a competition. Doncaster is employed to ensure that continues. Someone like Hearn might have tried to grow the product.

There's very little Hearn has touched that hasn't turned into gold, Leyton Orient being the notable exception.

5 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Being perfectly honest, one good thing that hopefully comes as a byproduct of all of this, is more Hearts supporters finally having the scales removed from their eyes and realising what Hibs are all about. This friendly rivalry thing some lap up, while they actively try and destroy our club is nauseating. I thought the way they acted when we were in admin would have woken everyone up, but it didn’t. Surely now, folk realise they hate Hearts and would love to see us dead and buried.

Having grown up in the sixties when fans had season tickets for both teams it was far friendlier and regarded in a sporting manner. But you are correct Doofy haters are going to hate so we should leave them to fester in their own bile. We should never go down to their level. 

4 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Been on this train since 1984 when I was 16. My girlfriend at the time and I were attacked by at least half a dozen Hibs casuals in front of St. James' Centre.

We'd been at Morton away (2-3 Hearts) and were, of course, wearing colours. 

Cowardly scum. 

14 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Up until the admon era of ours, I enjoyed the "friendly rivalry " between us and them. A few of my mates are hibbys and are generally sound. However, when we were in admin, we seen their true colours. I would love to see them suffer, but not completely die. They are the gift that keeps on giving.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
17 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

See that Coonster boy on Twitter. Absolute clown to be ignored,  but he does serve a purpose to prove how vile they are 

1 hour ago, highlandjambo3 said:

The media would smash us to pieces if we canned our youth academy..............Incidentally, anyone know of any decent potential talent in their academy we could scoop up on a free? 

There's bound to be a few up for grabs

3 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

See that Coonster boy on Twitter. Absolute clown to be ignored,  but he does serve a purpose to prove how vile they are 

Him, Sergey, Vagillions, Green ginger and that absolute lunatic Kevin Moffat, amongst others.

ming the merciless
15 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

There's very little Hearn has touched that hasn't turned into gold, Leyton Orient being the notable exception.

He did well at Orient, until he sold it to an Italian nutter (which he regrets).

Leveins Battalion
5 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Him, Sergey, Vagillions, Green ginger and that absolute lunatic Kevin Moffat, amongst others.

I went to school with Kev,he's actually alright.Lives in Preston now,he has had a lifetime of ribbing for 1 supporting Hibs and 2 being a ginge.

Fluorescent Adolescent
1 hour ago, Leveins Battalion said:

I went to school with Kev,he's actually alright.Lives in Preston now,he has had a lifetime of ribbing for 1 supporting Hibs and 2 being a ginge.

That the bell chief that wrote the letter?

18 minutes ago, superjack said:

Up until the admon era of ours, I enjoyed the "friendly rivalry " between us and them. A few of my mates are hibbys and are generally sound. However, when we were in admin, we seen their true colours. I would love to see them suffer, but not completely die. They are the gift that keeps on giving.

I’ve just never been able to take them seriously at all tbh. I dislike them because of their bile and obsession towards us but, as someone who started watching hearts in the mid 80’s, we’ve pretty much always been superior. I think their understandable feeling of inferiority is why they want us to go bust so much. I’d miss beating them too much to want them to go out of the game but wouldn’t mind them selling Easter Road and moving to some field in Midlothian or somewhere like that  

Edited by GinRummy

Leveins Battalion
2 minutes ago, Fluorescent Adolescent said:

That the bell chief that wrote the letter?

If so he deserves a kick in the ****.

Aye,he also grew up in Mayfield.

Not a lot going for him.

pettigrewsstylist
9 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I’ve just never been able to take them seriously at all tbh. I dislike them because of their bile and obsession towards us but, as someone who started watching hearts in the mid 80’s, we’ve pretty much always been superior. I think their understandable feeling of inferiority is why they want us to go bust so much. I’d miss beating them too much to want them to go out of the game but wouldn’t mind them selling Easter Road and moving to some field in Midlothian or somewhere like that  

Its the inferiority that does it. They try to keep a persona up, for maturity purposes, but its a thin facade.

May 2012 and FOH 10mill is making their alternative flair, world truth, harder to sell, even to themselves.

They deserve to die due to the Ukios nonsense......but.....5-1, relegation party, MDV, Graham Weir, fozzy on th fence...etc...etc

We may miss them more than we think!

They're like having a wee junkie cousin, you only see rarely, and are fascinated by their very existence 😂

Edited by pettigrewsstylist

millerjames398
21 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

That coonster needs put away in carstairs hospital, for the criminally and sexually insane, fuxkin lunatic, with his "triggered" pish and his wee clique, strokin themselves off to his every word..🇱🇻

I think they believe they will get 1 million for Boyle then use that money to bring in more players.

1) your not getting a million for Boyle 

2) whatever money you do make will go into the blackhole you call finances 

I wonder if Boyle and Kamberi will accept wage cuts or opt to leave for nothing. 

Karma is round the corner for them.

1 hour ago, martoon said:

As would Hibs.nut. 

They'd be all over it like cockroaches on a crumb. A sure sign that admin2 was in the post, they would squeal, and a club can't function without a youth set up and coaches etc. 

They do it and it's masterstroke of forward thinking, clarity and, of course, Hibs class. 😂

Yep, they are actually mental. Just like their wage cuts are now a stroke of genius etc etc.  I’m hoping Villa stay up as I really don’t want them getting any McGinn sell on fee, as they are looking Donald ducked right now. They’ll obviously be dying on the SKY payment. If we don’t get reinstated on Wednesday then when we go for the interdict I’d just love it if SKY hold on to their money due to a delayed start to the season. The vermin would be inconsolably squealing like the cornered rats they are

Салатные палочки
5 minutes ago, Rods said:

I think they believe they will get 1 million for Boyle then use that money to bring in more players.

1) your not getting a million for Boyle 

2) whatever money you do make will go into the blackhole you call finances 

I wonder if Boyle and Kamberi will accept wage cuts or opt to leave for nothing. 

Karma is round the corner for them.

He's a decent player but no chance any team will be paying £1m for a player from the SPFL right now. Hibs will bite their hands off for 500K. 

I'm not sure Dundee Hibernian will get the £1m they expect for Shankland. 

24 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

That letter though... yowzers!

15 minutes ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

Its the inferiority that does it. They try to keep a persona up, for maturity purposes, but its a thin facade.

May 2012 and FOH 10mill is making their alternative flair, world truth, harder to sell, even to themselves.

They deserve to die due to the Ukios nonsense......but.....5-1, relegation party, MDV, Graham Weir, fozzy on th fence...etc...etc

We may miss them more than we think!

They're like having a wee junkie cousin, you only see rarely, and are fascinated by their very existence 😂

😂😂😂😂 great comparison. 

eyesandears
1 hour ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Starting with Ann herself hopefully.

11 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

He's a decent player but no chance any team will be paying £1m for a player from the SPFL right now. Hibs will bite their hands off for 500K. 

I'm not sure Dundee Hibernian will get the £1m they expect for Shankland. 

agreed also Aberdeen will see thier prize donkey's value fall dramitically.

5 minutes ago, eyesandears said:

Starting with Ann herself hopefully.

Her good intentions attracted our biggest investor in years though too. 

I think she will be far less inclined to offer the hand of friendship in future though, after she was stabbed in the back by all comers.