• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• martoon

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

On 17/06/2020 at 11:25, fancy a brew said:

The difference between Hibs situation compared to us and Aberdeen, is we seem to have people prepared to put money in to see us through the crisis. Teams like St Johnstone, Hamilton, St Mirren etc, have much lower wage bills and the furlough scheme will have covered a higher percentage of their outgoings. Ron Gordon's plan was to take 500k a year out of Hibs like Farmer was doing, I can't see him indulging in any charity work down Lochend way anytime soon, and they'll just have to cut their cloth accordingly. Of course Leanne will now have to reduce the budget because they voted themselves down a place, and they voted to pay millions of pounds back to broadcasters by finishing the season early. Then there's the potential liability arising from the court case...

Karma really is a bitch.

:pleasing:

And as John Lennon suggested, instant. 

3 hours ago, Clark Griswold said:

:rofl:they really are obsessed with us 

Imagine if someone stopped him in the street, and asked him who Kidd was, and when he played for Hibs.   

What a twat.  

Gilberts Fridge

Even if Villa were to try and sell him, the world is a different place to what it was 3 months ago and there will be a re alignment of player values. Less clubs in for any given player, player may be less inclined as wage deals will not be as good and player values will plummet.

Didn't Liverpool pull out of a deal for Timo Werner as they could not justify to the current squad paying £50m for a new player whilst negotiating reduced salaries.

29 minutes ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

Sky sports news reporting players pushing back on wage cuts. 

This is getting really good. 

"Pushing back" or as Tam McManus says...... **** off.

3fingersreid
2 minutes ago, I.T.K said:

Has that prick resurfaced yet ? I don’t do twitter so I’m just wondering .

Was chatting to a relative who knows David Gray. Apparently it’s a 50% wage cut they have been asked to take.

Also 71 staff binned. 

1 minute ago, scottg71 said:

Was chatting to a relative who knows David Gray. Apparently it’s a 50% wage cut they have been asked to take.

Also 71 staff binned. 

71? That seems incredibly high. 

Gilberts Fridge
2 minutes ago, scottg71 said:

Also 71 staff binned. 

Welcome to the hire and fire USA way of doing business.

Independence
4 minutes ago, scottg71 said:

Also 71 staff binned. 

Seventy One! Really?

Taken me half an hour to catch up with this thread and it was time well spent. Very enjoyable.

Hopefully, this is just the beginning.

My preferred end result?

Hibs deid.

With relish.

Just now, Independence said:

Seventy One! Really?

That’s what he said. 
But he also thought their DOF was maybe using it as an excuse to get rid of all the coaches he didn’t want so he can bring his own guys in eventually.

All speculation but obviously something going on 

Gordon Ramsay
8 minutes ago, scottg71 said:

Also 71 staff binned. 

If that is true they are in deep, deep shit.

1 minute ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

If that is true they are in deep, deep shit.

Wonder how many admin staff a club like hibs would have? Can’t be that many and some will still be needed. I know it’s only on here but 71? Seems an awful lot. 

9 minutes ago, scottg71 said:

Also 71 staff binned. 

50% and reportedly for a year!  That is class!  I can imagine a lot of infighting, contract negotiations and bad blood.    This will not end well.  Shame. 

Ex member of the SaS

I know it takes a lot to run a football club but 71? How many are left to run things if that many have been dumped? Just how many tea ladies did they have?

42 minutes ago, martoon said:

And as John Lennon suggested, instant. 

Where does the £500k a year chat come from?   Hoping it's true but assuming it's gossip? 

Ex member of the SaS
1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

Wonder how many admin staff a club like hibs would have? Can’t be that many and some will still be needed. I know it’s only on here but 71? Seems an awful lot. 

Agree, the training ground will take a few from admin to groundkeepers, just who is going to cut the grass now? Leanne D? Still can't work out how they can have that many never mind dump them and still function.

Seymour M Hersh

71 staff! Assuming that's including playing staff male and female as well as admin, support, coaching etc. It's a lot of people losing their jobs.

1 minute ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

I know it takes a lot to run a football club but 71? How many are left to run things if that many have been dumped? Just how many tea ladies did they have?

Tam McManus used to get sent to the shops for teabags and milk and stuff. Maybe he could volunteer to take up his old duties again. Assuming they can still afford teabags.

Seymour M Hersh
1 hour ago, jackal said:

Tbf they have something in common with Vera, they have only seen one Scottish cup win by Hibs in their lifetime.

I hope the other thing they have in common soon is death.  Only Vera would be missed though. 

Edited by Seymour M Hersh

Ex member of the SaS
Just now, GinRummy said:

Tam McManus used to get sent to the shops for teabags and milk and stuff. Maybe he could volunteer to take up his old duties again. Assuming they can still afford teabags.

Ron could have removed the toaster and kettle before dumping staff.

Pasquale for King
14 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

I've expressed concern that the sale of McGinn might bale them out but now I'm not so sure.  The proceeds might well go into the back pocket of Ron or be returned to some holding company outfit he's tied up with.  Not even 50p going to hibs.

Let’s hope they stay up then, it’s hard to score against after all. 

Pasquale for King
18 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Makes sense, must’ve been when they were doing shooting drills 😃.

15 minutes ago, Gmcjambo said:

Where does the £500k a year chat come from?   Hoping it's true but assuming it's gossip? 

When they stiffed the bank, Farmer took over the reduced mortgage and was being paid back at 500k every year.

I'd class Gordon as an investor rather than a philanthropist, and he'd see the club ticking along with half a mil coming out annually, and he'd be salivating.

His plan to use them to fund his retirement would have worked too, if it hadn't been for that pesky pandemic.

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/latest-hibs-news/interview-sir-tom-farmer-hibs-reluctant-saviour-reveals-his-pride-and-lack-animosity-towards-wallace-mercer-1413323?amp

18 minutes ago, Gmcjambo said:

Other than it's what Hibs had been paying back to Farmer, pa, I'm not sure.

Perhaps when Ron bought Hibs the remainder of that debt was part of the deal?

I do hope so. 😈

2 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

It was 51 originally, but they said feck that let's add on another twenty. 

They didn't like the digits 5 and 1 for some reason. 

😀

5 hours ago, Sooperstar said:

My mate encountered this example a couple of days ago.

IMG-20200617-WA0015.jpg

Over on cockroach.nest they think this guys a righteous dude.

They fervently hope he's one of them.

What else could he be?

What an embarrassment.

So the year long wage cuts will be paying the deferred wages back in effect.

I hope they continue to reject the wage cuts but wonder what that would make the average weekly basic wage

1 hour ago, I.T.K said:

Or as the fans call it... “the receiving brother/sister putting in a bit of effort”

millerjames398
5 hours ago, Montgomery Brewster said:

Vermin.

This ones running back home to stick his "the team that was" 86 episode on, to toss himself off into oblivion, strange wee vermin sausage...

Class of 75
40 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

71 staff! Assuming that's including playing staff male and female as well as admin, support, coaching etc. It's a lot of people losing their jobs.

Yep screams Admin. 

Class of 75
47 minutes ago, martoon said:

Taken me half an hour to catch up with this thread and it was time well spent. Very enjoyable.

Hopefully, this is just the beginning.

My preferred end result?

Hibs deid.

With relish.

Hopefully 🤞

5 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Exactly. He is one of them. A ginger, shitehawk cockwomble.

And probably not old enough to remember 1986. Most likely has 07 on his away shirt and claims to have been there. 

kingantti1874
9 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Exactly. He is one of them. A ginger, shitehawk cockwomble.

Who is it? 

jamboinglasgow
49 minutes ago, scottg71 said:

Also 71 staff binned. 

That is mental if 71 staff are let go. 50% wage cut for a whole year is surely going to cause a few players to leave.

As someone else had said, it admin in all but name.

Class of 75
22 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Just spotted his sister with her kex at her ankles. 

Lucky it's not a view from the front. 

:fth:

Is that Mikey Stewart? 

kingantti1874

My mates kid plays for a SPL 2010 team, says that Hibernian are going to close academy as are Motherwell..

feel sorry for the kids, the clubs - not so much

Edited by kingantti1874

2 minutes ago, Class of 75 said:

Hopefully 🤞

Aye. 

I've enjoyed watching Hearts toying with them over the years but a cat moves in for the kill eventually. 

Meow. 😸

Montgomery Brewster
7 minutes ago, martoon said:

And probably not old enough to remember 1986. Most likely has 07 on his away shirt and claims to have been there. 

Aye along with all the other thousands .

maths never been one of their strong points. 

any vermin below the age of 47 weren’t  even born so In reality most of those toleys that were there are approaching retirement or even Deed

Edited by Montgomery Brewster

1 minute ago, Montgomery Brewster said:

Aye along with all the other thousands .

maths never been one of their strong points. 

any vermin below the age of 47 weren’t  even born so In reality most of those toleys that were there are approaching retirement or even Deed

I'll turn 52 in a few weeks, Monty, and I have no recollection of it. 

Take it their deferred wages are up the Swanny as well.  Lots of very unhappy people there. Not heard a peep from Wishart yet too. 

Delightful. Tick tock indeed.

27 minutes ago, fancy a brew said:

When they stiffed the bank, Farmer took over the reduced mortgage and was being paid back at 500k every year.

I'd class Gordon as an investor rather than a philanthropist, and he'd see the club ticking along with half a mil coming out annually, and he'd be salivating.

His plan to use them to fund his retirement would have worked too, if it hadn't been for that pesky pandemic.

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/latest-hibs-news/interview-sir-tom-farmer-hibs-reluctant-saviour-reveals-his-pride-and-lack-animosity-towards-wallace-mercer-1413323?amp

Thanks for this, appreciate it.    It does look like the £500k was payback for Farmers £5m 'interest free loan' and there were no debts when Ron the Con bought the club so assume that's gone,  but who knows what he's taking out the club.    I don't have a scooby doo, but can only hope they get fleeced! 

12 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Who is it? 

I've got a few names for him.