Tick tock

Ronald Villiers

Fluorescent Adolescent
1 minute ago, jamboinglasgow said:

I do wonder if this is the start and other clubs fall by the wayside.

:sweeet:

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• martoon

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

queensferryjambo

I see one of the daily rags is reporting Hibs might have to sell some of their STARS.

Seriously who have they got on their books that would be worth decent cash?

Their best players over the last couple of seasons have been loan players IMO

kingantti1874
20 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

I said earlier in the thread but its worth taking into account, over 8000 season tickets have been sold by Hibs so far. So despite that large injection of money they are having to make sweeping cuts then there is something serious.

But there is no way that Hibs will be the only club facing this. I do wonder if this is the start and other clubs fall by the wayside.

season tickets on their own aren’t actually a huge part of the revenue.. say 8,000 at an average of £200 (probably £150 for them given their fondness for ripping the club off buying concessions)  that’s £1.6m at best pre tax.. that won’t cover the costs of the farm or the wages they promised which they now can’t pay.. 

9 minutes ago, queensferryjambo said:

I see one of the daily rags is reporting Hibs might have to sell some of their STARS.

Seriously who have they got on their books that would be worth decent cash?

Their best players over the last couple of seasons have been loan players IMO

According to someone I know through west who has his ear pretty close to things at I Rox, they were touting Kambari to Rangers fir a fee or a year long loan, but told that they were not interested.

Gordon Ramsay
22 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

I said earlier in the thread but its worth taking into account, over 8000 season tickets have been sold by Hibs so far. So despite that large injection of money they are having to make sweeping cuts then there is something serious.

But there is no way that Hibs will be the only club facing this. I do wonder if this is the start and other clubs fall by the wayside.

I did find that weird. 

8k is pretty decent for them in these circumstances but then to still appear so skint is worrying...

Not worrying for us of course, it's hilarious from where I'm sitting. 

5 minutes ago, Hearts007 said:

1557982_noclass(2).thumb.jpg.1be2ba6254955c4c6c7b04676073f50b.jpg

It doesn't get any better anytime I see that picture - Complete and utter cringe worthy stuff, only that rancid shower of mutants could appreciate.

Rick Sanchez

RonCon Whyte will be sweating, hoping for a McGinn summer transfer before running back to Peru.

If not...flats flats, glorious flats.

Only Hibs 🤣

This is by far the best thread on the terrace this year 

Fantastic if true 

Fingers and everything else crossed they might go belly Up

Now that would just be hilarious and extremely satisfying .. all at the same time 😀😀😀😀😀

millerjames398
1 hour ago, parwj said:

But but but he was putting in big tellies. Maybe waiting on Black Friday sale. 

They couldn't afford one of those 50" Polaroid bad boys from Asda's, never mind big **** off jumbotron screens either end of their shitpit🤣🇱🇻

Unknown user
14 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

season tickets on their own aren’t actually a huge part of the revenue.. say 8,000 at an average of £200 (probably £150 for them given their fondness for ripping the club off buying concessions)  that’s £1.6m at best pre tax.. that won’t cover the costs of the farm or the wages they promised which they now can’t pay.. 

A standard adult ticket is between 385-495, their average must be a fair bit higher than 200 quid, filthy robdogs notwithstanding. 

queensferryjambo
29 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

They have also had record shirt sales.

Their fans contribute to the NHS with £5 extra to get the NHS sponsor, but once that cash has very kindly went to the NHS they must be raking it in charging £50 for that Macron cheap rag. The NHS sponsor is definitely the selling point.

Must be great 'using' the NHS to generate their best shirt sales ever when you can't get a real shirt sponsor. 

Yes I am a cynical old git.......... 

millerjames398
1 hour ago, jonnothejambo said:

Imagine emptying all your admin staff when you need them to process all these returned season tickets. 

It must be a nightmare supporting that lot. 

Dry Peruvian Boabied by your owner.

Reamed by the Jambo Full Blaze Diamond cutter sans lube. 

Money going down the shitter faster than a Leith hoor's guffs.

It will be dawning on a few of them that they are getting a right royal pumping here. 

:fth:

Ever the wordsmith my good man👏🏼😄😄😄🇱🇻

Stuart Lyon

I seem to remember  someone saying that income from STs bought via credit card isn't handed over in a lump sum but is released as the season evolves. So not quite the cash cow they need if that's true.

3 minutes ago, queensferryjambo said:

They have also had record shirt sales.

Their fans contribute to the NHS with £5 extra to get the NHS sponsor, but once that cash has very kindly went to the NHS they must be raking it in charging £50 for that Macron cheap rag. The NHS sponsor is definitely the selling point.

Must be great 'using' the NHS to generate their best shirt sales ever when you can't get a real shirt sponsor. 

Yes I am a cynical old git.......... 

They give the NHS 5 quid from buying a hibs shirt - take £1000 from the NHS from their methadone prescription 

Edited by DarthVodka

47 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

The difference between Hibs situation compared to us and Aberdeen, is we seem to have people prepared to put money in to see us through the crisis. Teams like St Johnstone, Hamilton, St Mirren etc, have much lower wage bills and the furlough scheme will have covered a higher percentage of their outgoings. Ron Gordon's plan was to take 500k a year out of Hibs like Farmer was doing, I can't see him indulging in any charity work down Lochend way anytime soon, and they'll just have to cut their cloth accordingly. Of course Leanne will now have to reduce the budget because they voted themselves down a place, and they voted to pay millions of pounds back to broadcasters by finishing the season early. Then there's the potential liability arising from the court case...

Karma really is a bitch.

:pleasing:

queensferryjambo
1 minute ago, DarthVodka said:

They give the NHS 5 quid from buying a hibs shirt - take £1000 from the NHS from their methadone prescription 

No they don't even give anything to the NHS for the shirt.

They charge a fiver extra to have a sponsor added to the shirt then give that money (after tax) to the NHS.

Point noted though on the methodone ;)  

kingantti1874
10 minutes ago, Smithee said:

A standard adult ticket is between 385-495, their average must be a fair bit higher than 200 quid, filthy robdogs notwithstanding. 

And kids tickets ? A couple of thousand £50 tickets will drag the average down.. anyway, point is their ST money won’t go far.. 

Where's all the negative headlines in the papers. Hibs sackings, pictures of broken crests , Fraser wishart. Tam McManus, Kris Boyd ?  Have I missed it?

2 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

And kids tickets ? A couple of thousand £50 tickets will drag the average down.. anyway, point is their ST money won’t go far.. 

Oh I don't know, Peru is quite far.

27 minutes ago, queensferryjambo said:

No they don't even give anything to the NHS for the shirt.

They charge a fiver extra to have a sponsor added to the shirt then give that money (after tax) to the NHS.

Point noted though on the methodone ;)  

So in reality, the NHS probably get less than 2 quid of that

I don't even know how much it would cost to keep one of them on methadone for a year - probably a lot more than £1000!

David McCaig
1 minute ago, DarthVodka said:

So in reality, the NHS probably get less than 2 quid of that

I don't even know how much it would cost to keep one of them on methadone for a year - probably a lot more than £1000!

... and based on the logo used the money is going to NHS England anyway!!

Dream scenario here...

We quickly litigate our way to a cool 7m.

Hibs or someone have to mothball before August and we get the call to make up the top league numbers.

I say in jest but this is scottish football where calamity is never far away 

Going to be great watching them and the others suffer while we stroll the championship with a nice wad of compo.

1 hour ago, assessor said:

Where's all the negative headlines in the papers. Hibs sackings, pictures of broken crests , Fraser wishart. Tam McManus, Kris Boyd ?  Have I missed it?

We are waiting on them crawling out from under their stones to completely condem vermin FC for their proposed cost cutting measures.

Hubz class you said Tam, how's that looking now eh!

alicante jambo
3 hours ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Might be over 8000 but there will be thousands taking the paying in stages option so hubs dont have all that money yet.

2 hours ago, Smithee said:

I Read somewhere recently that over half of there season tickets were subject to some sort of concession whether child, student, or pensioner rate. I remember thinking it was quite high but don't really know what other clubs rate would be. 

2 hours ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

I did find that weird. 

8k is pretty decent for them in these circumstances but then to still appear so skint is worrying...

Not worrying for us of course, it's hilarious from where I'm sitting. 

Am I also correct in thinking Hibs’ wage bill is a bit above the recommended percentage of turnover? 

Guest ToqueJambo

Hibs are in the shit. It was obvious last season, which made our form double annoying. Like when we were in trouble under Romanov their fans got more obsessed with us than worrying about their own team. Ross is still very unconvincing for them so far. Their squad is incredibly thin with no assets and no good young players. I think they have one striker who cost them a packet and he looks like the type who would put on about a stone in weight over the last few months. Their other striker wants to play for Rangers. They have one goalie who is also probably their only player who might attract a bit of interest. Can't see how they can be confident of having a decent team by August.

And their solution to that seems to be to abandon a youth policy and fire people in order to be able to afford a first team squad. That's guaranteed to backfire in the longterm.

Maybe we can offer to switch with them as we're ready, able and funded to play.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Ex member of the SaS

Love the fact they thought Ron the conn would fund them to the top, only to have them paying him through HSL. They are calling for fans to pay up through HSL making out they are helping the team, the same team they though would be buying Messi.

Gordon Ramsay
12 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Am I also correct in thinking Hibs’ wage bill is a bit above the recommended percentage of turnover? 

I believe so. 

Scott 'The Pass' Allan doesn't come cheap. 

2 minutes ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

I believe so. 

Indeed... that boy must have some agent.

So, we are looking at players being “asked” to take a wage cut, on combined wages that are above the recommended percentage of turnover... against a backdrop of 8k season season tickets sold, with staff being laid off...

Honestly, nobody thinks that looks like an absolute gigantic red flag? I think they are up to their necks in the brown stinky stuff personally.

6 minutes ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

I believe so. 

Lottery Hibs bursd begs to differ.

jamboinglasgow

It does make me wonder about Dundee United, there is talk of them putting a £250k bid for Nisbett of Dunfermline. They seem to be spending like no other, the financial figures for last season are not out but the year before they made a loss of over £3m. Is their owner just chucking endlessly money at them?

14 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Love the fact they thought Ron the conn would fund them to the top, only to have them paying him through HSL. They are calling for fans to pay up through HSL making out they are helping the team, the same team they though would be buying Messi.

If someone gave me a 40 tonne truck filled with magic beans, snake oil, and healing crystals, I’d be straight down Lochend in match days, and I’d already be planning the decor for my Caribbean holiday home.

The most gullible incompetent idiots that have ever been shat in to existence. 😄

Horatio Caine

Surely the deal with Close Brothers will prevent any club going out of existence?  Hibs bound to take out a loan to tide them over?

Edited by Horatio Caine

1 minute ago, Horatio Caine said:

Surely the deal with Close Brothers will prevent any club going out of existence?  Hibs bound to take out a loan to tide them over?

Suppose it depends on the interest rates, their ability to pay it back on top of other liabilities, and what Mr Gordon sees as the best way forward for the money he has tied up.

Jingle Bells

Surely they can flog Fester for housing and move down to the Barn, once a pavilion is built down there.

7 minutes ago, Fraggle said:

Easter Road Lidls coming soon.

There’s already a Lidl in Easter road. Pedantic i know 🙂

Edited by GinRummy

ToadKiller Dog

I'm looking forward to watching one of those YouTube folk that go around filming abandoned buildings visiting Fester Road ,with "Some shite from leith " eerily on repeat in the back ground. 

The Natural Order

If they go under there might be a need for them to be voted back into the league ala Rangers. Hmmm let me think.....how should Hearts vote in that scenario?

We should fear for the small creditors of these cowboys.    They've got previous for walking away from settlement of accounts during previous events.    No retrospective payments from fans and benefactors down that way.

We could pick up the tab this time.    Nobody should suffer the financial snakery of these rogue traders.

3 hours ago, Hearts1975 said:

This is by far the best thread on the terrace this year 

Fantastic if true 

Fingers and everything else crossed they might go belly Up

Now that would just be hilarious and extremely satisfying .. all at the same time 😀😀😀😀😀

It would top the relegation derby in the irony stakes, something I never would have believed possible.

1 hour ago, ToqueJambo said:

Hibs are in the shit. It was obvious last season, which made our form double annoying. Like when we were in trouble under Romanov their fans got more obsessed with us than worrying about their own team. Ross is still very unconvincing for them so far. Their squad is incredibly thin with no assets and no good young players. I think they have one striker who cost them a packet and he looks like the type who would put on about a stone in weight over the last few months. Their other striker wants to play for Rangers. They have one goalie who is also probably their only player who might attract a bit of interest. Can't see how they can be confident of having a decent team by August.

And their solution to that seems to be to abandon a youth policy and fire people in order to be able to afford a first team squad. That's guaranteed to backfire in the longterm.

Maybe we can offer to switch with them as we're ready, able and funded to play.

Agreed, something not quite right down down there. If I was being cynical I would say the owner has pushed the button and has started the downward spiral knowing he has control over all the assets. Fingers crossed 😁👍