Tick tock

Ronald Villiers

36 minutes ago, Jingle Bells said:

Surely they can flog Fester for housing and move down to the Barn, once a pavilion is built down there.

Ron has a floating charge over Easter Road... and East Mains...

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• martoon

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

Ex member of the SaS

Just a pity they don't have a poppy fund to steal from. Maybe we could help them out with some dodgy collection boxes...... Oh wait!

Jingle Bells
11 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Ron has a floating charge over Easter Road... and East Mains...

Aye, but I want it to be a slow painful death, whilst Ron counts the cash back in deepest darkest Peru.

8 minutes ago, Jingle Bells said:

Aye, but I want it to be a slow painful death, whilst Ron counts the cash back in deepest darkest Peru.

Well that’s the point, isn’t it? If Hibs went in to administration, then Ron would have dibs on all their properties. Up to him what he decides to do with it.

Ricardo Shillyshally

That go fund me page has a total of 11 donors lol. They really need know how to pony up in head times

The unknown about Gordon is just how hard his other business interests have been hit by the pandemic. If he suddenly finds himself in the position where he has to find cash for his existing interests it may well be hibs who suffer. 

21 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

The unknown about Gordon is just how hard his other business interests have been hit by the pandemic. If he suddenly finds himself in the position where he has to find cash for his existing interests it may well be hibs who suffer. 

That's a good point.  It was Romanov's parent company going into administration that had the knock-on effect of pushing us into admin.

IF Villa are relegated Mcginn will command a big fee thus helping out our Hobo neighbours - if they go down I'd imagine he'll still go for about £35 million and if those mutants get 10% that will help big time - my preference is they sell Grealish and keep McGinn FTH

Guest ToqueJambo

Ach well, if they hit hard times due to the coronavirus I’m sure the other clubs will rally round to help another member in need.

Or maybe they’ll have to take their medicine.

56 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

There's millionaires and there's millionaires.  We had one here who paid for NZs only professional football club, the Wellington Phoenix.  Cost a fortune.  The only snag was, it was other people's money.  Today, he hasn't got a pot to piss in.

TyphoonJambo
1 hour ago, Ricardo Shillyshally said:

That go fund me page has a total of 11 donors lol. They really need know how to pony up in head times

To be fair market forces have pushed up the cost of scag and even the most prudent of spoonburners has to prioritise his leasure activities. He shares a wee wrap wi his sister/wife/girlfriend/mum, which inevitably ends up with a cosy cuddle up in his midden or he donates to his football club? Tough choices, made harder when there's babbies crawling across the roof and big spiders on the streets. 

The Natural Order

I'm calling it now. Ron will put hibs in administration to avoid paying the differed wages.

2 hours ago, Jingle Bells said:

Surely they can flog Fester for housing and move down to the Barn, once a pavilion is built down there.

We could always lease the that pitch we have behind the Wheatfield Stand

TyphoonJambo
38 minutes ago, rory78 said:

IF Villa are relegated Mcginn will command a big fee thus helping out our Hobo neighbours - if they go down I'd imagine he'll still go for about £35 million and if those mutants get 10% that will help big time - my preference is they sell Grealish and keep McGinn FTH

Suddenly im a Villa fan. Lets hope they stay up😊😊😁😁😁

5 minutes ago, The Natural Order said:

I'm calling it now. Ron will put hibs in administration to avoid paying the differed wages.

This is a good shout - not out of the realms of the possibility either.

A very sneaky move and even though it means taking money from folk that are rightfully due it, as its Hibs, I will find it amusing 

Ex member of the SaS

A couple now starting to question the situation. If we are putting money in Ron should be matching it. Quote:"  It looks like HS is the vehicle for cash at present. It would be helpful to know if the money raised is being matched by the owner "

They are also claim we will be cutting wages ( again ) and we will be worse off than them. What they are forgetting is FOH is much much bigger than HSL.

https://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?346924-Official-Site-CLUB-UPDATE/page15

14 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

There's millionaires and there's millionaires.  We had one here who paid for NZs only professional football club, the Wellington Phoenix.  Cost a fortune.  The only snag was, it was other people's money.  Today, he hasn't got a pot to piss in.

Quite right Geoff. Millionaire isn’t that big a deal these days. 

gorgie rd eh11

Tam McManus will be happy Hibs have quietly went about making people redundant and reneging on their promise to pay up contracts. No drama, try and hide it among other news, Hibs class.

14 minutes ago, The Natural Order said:

kk.jpg

4 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

A couple now starting to question the situation. If we are putting money in Ron should be matching it. Quote:"  It looks like HS is the vehicle for cash at present. It would be helpful to know if the money raised is being matched by the owner "

They are also claim we will be cutting wages ( again ) and we will be worse off than them. What they are forgetting is FOH is much much bigger than HSL.

One of them makes a good point about foregoing a shirt sponsor.  We are in a slightly different position as it’s an ongoing thing but it’s a very strange move for them to introduce it during a crisis that’s left them skint. 

Ron will be sitting there right now with a glass of pisco, eating foie gras from a solid gold plate, surrounded by dwarf servants dressed as pac man. "Master, 300 more of the peasants have signed up today to donate to the Scottish fund... 

19 minutes ago, The Natural Order said:

If he wants to keep them as a football club then footballing debt would have to be honoured.

He might have his eyes on the real estate of course.

I don't know what the corporate structure is now, but I seem to remember that Farmer was able to walk away from 4 million of debt to the bank because of a convoluted ownership structure, under which he could have went into admin, shed the debt but stayed in control. Maybe wee Ron has that as a backup plan.

image.png.90d2d4f6a39170dade01014a836cc541.pngBenefit gig you say? OK I've got absolutely nothing else on.Nothing, zero.Kayleigh is it too late to dum de dum dum.......

17 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Yeah he's more or less matching the HSL actions.

For every pound they put in, he's taking one out.

Famous 1874
11 minutes ago, fancy a brew said:

Yeah he's more or less matching the HSL actions.

For every pound they put in, he's taking one out.

😂😂😂

3 hours ago, GinRummy said:

There’s already a Lidl in Easter road. Pedantic i know 🙂

😂 Should have Googled it. They can have a nice new shiny one with loads of inner city parking available when Ron the Con sells the lot off.

This could be a very bad week for hibs fans if we’re reinstated and turn out to be in a better financial situation than them

2 minutes ago, buzzbomb said:

This could be a very bad week for hibs fans if we’re reinstated and turn out to be in a better financial situation than them

Why would that happen this week?

Guest ToqueJambo
55 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

The suspicion a lot of Hibs fans have about Ron Gordon is going to seriously hinder their ability to raise money from fan contributions to help them get out of this.

We have an owner we know will do everything she can to help the club come out of this as strongly as possible. Every Hibs fan I know still isn't sure what Gordon's motives are. This whole thing couldn't;t have come at a worse time for them. If Farmer was still in charge they'd be way more likely to rally round the club. As it stands, they're not sure how Gordon will use their money.

9 hours ago, Barack said:

Yeah possibly. It might have them down the bottom half again, but they'll probably squeak through.

St. Johnstone will be chewing the phone off, to get this Close money. Hibs will now get some too, I'd surmise.

Only  if they can afford to pay it back. 

Ricardo Shillyshally
1 hour ago, rory78 said:

Will hibs actually get anything though?  It was widely reported  that there was a sell on clause when he went to Villa, but McGinn has since signed a new contract with them. No guarantee of a sell on clause being included.

Imagine if he got a big move and those idiots got nothing. 

7 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

season tickets on their own aren’t actually a huge part of the revenue.. say 8,000 at an average of £200 (probably £150 for them given their fondness for ripping the club off buying concessions)  that’s £1.6m at best pre tax.. that won’t cover the costs of the farm or the wages they promised which they now can’t pay.. 

especially if a large percentage are bought using a credit scheme. Worthless until game are played. 

7 hours ago, Smithee said:

A standard adult ticket is between 385-495, their average must be a fair bit higher than 200 quid, filthy robdogs notwithstanding. 

385-495 is 320-410 when vat is deducted. Most of their seasons are o65 and u18’s despite what age their fans look. 

4 hours ago, jamboinglasgow said:

It does make me wonder about Dundee United, there is talk of them putting a £250k bid for Nisbett of Dunfermline. They seem to be spending like no other, the financial figures for last season are not out but the year before they made a loss of over £3m. Is their owner just chucking endlessly money at them?

Wait until we steal their manager 

20 minutes ago, buzzbomb said:

I’d wet myself seriously. 
looking at .net their seethe is just beautiful. They’d go into complete meltdown. After reading some of their HSL stuff it’s inspired me to Chuck in another £20 to FOH tonight.  
thats £40 last 2 nights

Tick Tock mutants . Wondering where all knowing and inspiring Tam McManus is the now ?

12 minutes ago, Ricardo Shillyshally said:

Will hibs actually get anything though?  It was widely reported  that there was a sell on clause when he went to Villa, but McGinn has since signed a new contract with them. No guarantee of a sell on clause being included.

Imagine if he got a big move and those idiots got nothing. 

Sell on clause is between clubs. Eventually he will leave and Hibs get there %.

Whether that's 10% of 35,000,000 or 10% of 0 is the risk/reward for them.

What has and can happen is Villa could offer to buyout the sell on clause for 300k or whatever, cutting a deal with (a distressed) Hibs.

So yeah the sell on is unaffected by McGinn renewing contracts

John Findlay
4 hours ago, GinRummy said:

There’s already a Lidl in Easter road. Pedantic i know 🙂

Yup. My late mum stayed right across the road from it  I used to draw her living room curtains shut so that I didnt see the piggery out the window 

Just now, John Findlay said:

Yup. My late mum stayed right across the road from it  I used to draw her living room curtains shut so that I didnt see the piggery out the window 

😂 quite right too.

Despite what we all like to think Hibs aren't run by idiots so such a dramatic change in financial direction suggests to me that perhaps Rob's moved the goalposts, and not in a good way. 

4 hours ago, The Natural Order said:

If they go under there might be a need for them to be voted back into the league ala Rangers. Hmmm let me think.....how should Hearts vote in that scenario?

Just imagine if our vote got lost in a Dundee spam filter scenario...and it was publicly known that ours was going to be the casting vote...

I heard today they are in a UBIG situation. It was not Ron the Con's money to buy hibs but a parent company. That parent company is now cutting costs so the 5 or 6 million black hole is not going to be covered by Ron the con. They have to cut cost themselves they are essentially in admin in all but name. Lots of trouble ahead and the farm could be sold off probably to housebuilders( how ironic) 

Ron the Cons parent company want their 6 million back at some point.

I am not wanting them to go bust but a few years of worries while we laugh at them( for of the field worries) would be good

1 minute ago, Rods said:

I heard today they are in a UBIG situation. It was not Ron the Con's money to buy hibs but a parent company. That parent company is now cutting costs so the 5 or 6 million black hole is not going to be covered by Ron the con. They have to cut cost themselves they are essentially in admin in all but name. Lots of trouble ahead and the farm could be sold off probably to housebuilders( how ironic) 

I am not wanting them to go bust but a few years of worries while we laugh at them( for of the field worries) would be good

At least Vlad liked football wanted a toy project and show off Lithuanian players by doing that here and spending millions of UBiG money doing so.  Why would some USA based chancer do similar to some shite wee club not even the best in their city with someone else’s money?  I don’t even know why the guy bought them.  It’s all mysterious, the only thing is I can make sense of is Farmer got some cash back, Petrie made a fortune and moved to the SFA and they now look absolutely ****ed after very little success in the past 30 years.  Couldn’t happen to a better bunch of bitter wanks. 

Just now, Rods said:

Would be very amusing if this is the case but sounds like merde to me.. who knows though?  When shit happens to a team fables abound... just need to look at us ... they had us dead and buried only a few months back and we are now spending big money on court proceedings that could potentially make their position worse :laugh2:  Hibs where would we be without them.

Just now, Last Laff said:

At least Vlad liked football wanted a toy project and show off Lithuanian players by doing that here and spending millions of UBiG money doing so.  Why would some USA based chancer do similar to some shite wee club not even the best in their city with someone else’s money?  I don’t even know why the guy bought them.  It’s all mysterious, the only thing is I can make sense of is Farmer got some cash back, Petrie made a fortune and moved to the SFA and they now look absolutely ****ed after very little success in the past 30 years.  Couldn’t happen to a better bunch of bitter wanks. 

I genuinely think like the United lot they were expecting to get the money back( HSL) and maybe some cash from sales of players. Made a huge mistake with buying the hobos 1) They are smelly tramps with not a bolt between them 2) They have had maybe 5 succesful transfers in their history most of them were when Rangers and Celtic were spending big.